Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

Venom please stop. If you post again I will report you.

Please don't. It's not hurting the actual game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gamerofthegame posted:

maybe you should have waited until he had more then three content posts to use this argument

Maybe you should have allowed MT the time to do that instead of pushing her for a case NOW NOW NOW.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

tithin posted:

Friends, romans, countrymen, I'm happy to step out for my good friend Venom Soag, a king in exile.

Only if you are certain, darling. Doubtless the battlefield calls to you also.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gwynplaine posted:

Only if you are certain, darling. Doubtless the battlefield calls to you also.

The Battlefield calls to me, but I am no Big Boss, purely a Marksman with impeccable aim and fashion taste.

I will gladly step aside for the boss.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Please don't. It's not hurting the actual game at all.

Please don't tell me how to run my game. thank you.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

tithin posted:

The Battlefield calls to me, but I am no Big Boss, purely a Marksman with impeccable aim and fashion taste.

I will gladly step aside for the boss.

It is up to them, then.

I will remember this. Your likeness will be scrimshawed upon the sternum of the first to fall to my blade.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
we may have to accerpt that big boss isn't around now

but we can stull strive for his ideals

let us live as DIAMOMD DOGS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Just because someone plays stupidly doesn't make them town, rarity.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

Just because someone plays stupidly doesn't make them town, rarity.

Yes but there's a difference someone playing badly yet honestly (Ridonk) and someone playing badly and falsely (you).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BabeLiker90 posted:

So anyway guys, I'm the Town Catapultist. I can pick one of you and fling you at the other camp, killing both people involved. I have to do it day 1 (clearly a thinning of the herd tactic by Ecco) so let me know who you're interested in me targeting.

Diqnol, is this an automatic kill or HP damage a la the mafia NK? And does this require the participant to be in or out of battle or is that irrelevant?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Yes but there's a difference someone playing badly yet honestly (Ridonk) and someone playing badly and falsely (you).

You haven't mentioned me playing falsely yet iirc. I also think your defense of MMT is pretty poor; while I agree with her statement, calling someone out and then saying "I'll wait on explaining though" gives the player in question all the more reason to play different or ignore it entirely. If you want to see if something plays out, why draw attention to it?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Brother?

You're neither nor. You've just chained a vote for no real reason than other what I can assume is a history with birdstrike, and your eager to actually kill discussion on D1 or either rendering moot by proposing a non-execution.

That's a bad reason.

If it's because of his post voting Ridonkulous I get where your coming from. It's weird he wants a 2nd opinion on a D1 vote, most of which are based on gut or dumb reasons at best. I'd get it if he had more of a case or if the game were further along and he didn't want to toss his vote with abandon, but here there's very little to be lost voting out right.

How is one considered to be irrationally stoic?

I'm liking 100 for town, lots of solid rationale here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Max posted:

I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on who from our thread should be catapulted, but I imagine they will all be the same. I will say nothing of who should be targeted in the other thread for painfully obvious reasons.

If it's only 5 HP damage then I'd say send myself because I'd survive it so we could get ourselves a numbers advantage, which from experience is crucial towards the end game. If we did this I'd appreciate some healing, obviously.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

You haven't mentioned me playing falsely yet iirc.

I realise I hadn't expressed such in exact words but that's the read I arrived at over the course of these posts:

Rarity posted:

Godammit Kash, sucking up to the King is scummy as gently caress. Why do you never learn? :negative:

Rarity posted:

KASH I EXPLAINED WHY THIS VOTE WAS TERRIBLE STOP BEING BAD AT MAFIA

However, I just got to this part of my catchup:

Kashuno posted:

I mean really I don't think I need to spell it out on a silver platter for you but since you seem incapable of actually reading and being able to infer opinions based on words.

I have called out two players (ixt and MMT) who have subsequently put something forward which has resulted in me not pressing them as hard.

I have pushed bowmore as scum who was looking for an easy out and am currently still suss of them. I have put conjecture forward about the possible slip-up from ridonk not mentioning the podima vote (granted, diqnol did as well).

I have clearly shown I have a town read of gwyn, and of diqnol. I have mentioned that gamer and I seem to be on the same wavelength so far this game. I have even responded to MMT's response as finding it agreeable.

you are acting like I am not putting forth alignment guess because I am not posting :siren:THIS PLAYER IS A PLAYER I BELIEVE TO BE *ALIGNMENT*:siren:

I unironically out of spite started to go down the list of players and comment on each one before I decided to say gently caress it and write this post.

And the emotion in this post does seem genuine. I'm currently of two minds about you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Birdstrike posted:

This post from Podima

led to this vote

Pod's post may be those things, but I didn't think it was scummy. It offered a convenient way for Diqnol to try and appear townie.

This post makes me realise Diqnol has been pretty quiet about lot of the content that's been going on so far.

Diqnol, I would like some Hot Takes. Specifically on Kash, Gamer and Dominoes. If you could please?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VivaNova posted:

I hope diqnol's role is real and he throws 100 years.

Why 100? What's he done that you find so egregious?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

Yeah this is the one that pinged me earlier, it just read as hedging his bets. If you think he's scummy, don't try to just it by saying "Oh, I need time to think on it, I need someone to confirm it for me" say "I think this is scummy as gently caress, for this reason" because if you're town the first person you need to convince of your vote is yourself, and then vote, and provide solid justification why.

voting for someone with a lovely reason, and asking someone to back you up just reads as either stupid lazy town, or being unconfident in your own read, and if you're unconfident in your read you shouldn't be doing the vote in the first place.

How the hell were you the only person to realise this before I got here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VivaNova posted:

What I mean is, he wrote

in all caps.

Which seems like the exact opposite of calling someone is "super scummy", which was your read. So either you are faking an opinion or you need to explain better to me what you saw here that I didn't!

Viva, it looks like you're taking issue with the way tithin worded the case rather than the core message of the case itself. I made the same read on Gamer, how do you feel about it now that you've seen my wording of it as well?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Rarity posted:

If it's only 5 HP damage then I'd say send myself because I'd survive it so we could get ourselves a numbers advantage, which from experience is crucial towards the end game. If we did this I'd appreciate some healing, obviously.

This, I could provide.

Better that I went in your place, though.

If anyone were to survive, I would.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gwynplaine posted:

This, I could provide.

Better that I went in your place, though.

If anyone were to survive, I would.

I'm pretty sure we're the same just with slightly different abilities.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gamerofthegame posted:

nah that vote is actually me being unsure, with the subject (at the time) rubbing me the wrong way but I wasn't one hundred percent on it and was prompting a few people to weigh in or not with their opinion on it. Just letting it go felt after being so stubborn felt super weird to me and just taking the easy way out after a failed tunneling. The vote has been solidified with later posting.

Please show the content from Ridonk that has solidified your read and explain why it makes you feel more confident.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

I'm still working on my scum reads, I tend to work a little slower in the bigger games and don't throw my vote around as much. Right now, I'm a bit suspicious of Exakt; I don't like that she is just sniping with her few posts and I especially don't like the way she has dropped shade on me. I'm a little curious about why diqnol included me in his catapult thoughts. He named me, Podima and Birdstrike as three people he is thinking about launching. Podima is who he is currently voting and Bird is one of the people who voted him last night (and he has said he thinks one of the votes on him is scum), but I'm not sure why I got included in the mix. However, I don't really know if I fully believe his claim, so I just let it go at the time. Also think it's curious that he left bowmore off his catapult list when he had earlier said that bowmore had the worst vote. While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol.

BabeLiker90 posted:

I want everyone to read this paragraph and tell me if the conclusions he draws are logically consistent or not

I think I see what you're getting at. The final line of "While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol" it's a weird way to conclude that analysis. The natural conclusion is "Diqnol's named targets don't match with his previously stated thoughts therefore he is scum" but what TM is doing is going off on a tangent in his conclusion.

In related things, I don't like how TM has reverted to MT's read on his town meta since she made her case. Yes, he's left her alone but he's gone after Diqnol and Exakt for targeting him, just like MT described his town meta to be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tommunist, when you join the battle as a 7th do you join the melee or ranged or what?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hi Birdstrike! The man in your avatar looks very suave. Are you suave? Could you beat Diqnol in a suave-off?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And I'm all done. To clarify my thoughts, my main suspicions rest on bowmore (aggressive push on Kash followed by typical lurking) and Dominoes (weird mafia philosophy, using questions as a substitute for content). A little lower down are Kash and Gamer who've done some scummy things but also had moments that seemed genuine then TM is a distant outsider to keep an eye on.

For the moment ##vote Dominoes

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Rarity posted:

I'm pretty sure we're the same just with slightly different abilities.

But you're also easily the most active investigator during the non battle parts of this campaign. So please, if we're both paladins, basically lets have the one whose kind of a bumbler get in the catapult.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

Venom please stop. If you post again I will report you.

lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Diqnol, is this an automatic kill or HP damage a la the mafia NK? And does this require the participant to be in or out of battle or is that irrelevant?

Automatic kill, battle is irrelevant

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

This post makes me realise Diqnol has been pretty quiet about lot of the content that's been going on so far.

Diqnol, I would like some Hot Takes. Specifically on Kash, Gamer and Dominoes. If you could please?

Kash scummy, Gamer inconclusive, Dominoes inconclusive. The former has done multiple things this game that have piqued my interest, the latter two haven't stood out to me whatsoever so far. I will admit I've skimmed a lot of the thread so far and have been narrowly approaching content revolving around me and the things I've said. I have some working theories.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BabeLiker90 posted:

Automatic kill, battle is irrelevant

...I withdraw my volunteering.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

oh my god someone does not like you

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I think I see what you're getting at. The final line of "While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol" it's a weird way to conclude that analysis. The natural conclusion is "Diqnol's named targets don't match with his previously stated thoughts therefore he is scum" but what TM is doing is going off on a tangent in his conclusion.

In related things, I don't like how TM has reverted to MT's read on his town meta since she made her case. Yes, he's left her alone but he's gone after Diqnol and Exakt for targeting him, just like MT described his town meta to be.

Why is this a surprise? I am well known for going after the people targeting me when town or scum? I didn't go after MMT because I wanted to hear her reasoning for voting me which ended up being exactly what I thought it would be and while there is an outside chance she is scum, I don't think it's likely, so there is no reason to go after her. Diqnol and Ekaxt are different because Exakt has dropped shade a couple times with no explanation and diqnol named me randomly. I ignored it at first, but look at his reaction as soon as I brought it up; he immediately voted for me. It reads as incredibly defensive.

Also, your conclusion that his targets don't match his stated thoughts is completely wrong. I specifically said that he mentioned two targets that he was talking about and then me, so why are you trying to misrepresent what I said?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You seem very intent on explaining why you didn't address me naming you earlier on, almost like you're very self conscious and concerned with how you come off to members of the town. I am confident that TMM is scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

I didn't go after MMT because I wanted to hear her reasoning for voting me which ended up being exactly what I thought it would be

I don't believe this statement.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I don't believe this statement.

Why? You didn't think it was obvious what MMT was trying to do?

Maybe it's just because I played a game with her where we were both scum, but it was immediately obvious to me what she was trying to do and I wasn't going to bother with it. poo poo, if i was scum, I'm sure I would have jumped at it in order to try and buddy up to MMT.

BabeLiker90 posted:

You seem very intent on explaining why you didn't address me naming you earlier on, almost like you're very self conscious and concerned with how you come off to members of the town. I am confident that TMM is scum.

You're loving stupid. I didn't address it at first because I don't believe you have the power you have claimed. Here's why: In a game where HP matters and the scum NK is a 5HP attack, why would you be able to not only instantly kill someone from this thread, but also someone in the other thread? It doesn't make sense as a mechanic because you would be removing agency from the other thread. Not to mention that you can only use this ability on D1 when it would basically be a random shot in the dark. This thread shouldn't have any impact on the other thread except during the battle. What's next? Are we going to have people claiming they can cop someone in the other thread? I ended up bringing up my thoughts because I was directly responding to MMT about who I found suspicious and why.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

At the time of this post, Gamer's vote for Ridonk bother's me the most. It is just so hamfistedly waffley. But Tommunists callout of Bowmore and vote about joke phase being over seems like a close second.

I didn't really like any of the votes yet. They are all jokes or bad.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gwynplaine posted:

Do we HAVE to lynch? I feel like things will become more obvious as time progresses.

A nightkill attempt is unlikely to kill someone outright but a lynch will. We run the risk of losing good soldiers.

Cuddling folks is the only way for us to win.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Birdstrike posted:

gently caress it, the Ixt defence was weird as well
##vote BabeLiker90

I'm not sure I understand the reason here. Maybe you explain it later.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gwynplaine posted:

It's day one and all I can think about is battle.

I'll follow you, brother, until I have my own ideas.

##vote BabeLiker90

:what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

:wow::wow::wow:

This is the worst vote in this thread by far. MMT has a theory that's strong enough for her to throw her vote behind, but it's not strong enough to actually discuss when asked about it? This strikes me as a really coy way to get people thinking about TMM, as after reading this at least I had an urge to go reread TMM to see if I missed something. This way, if someone else had decided to lead the charge against TMM after this vote MMT could easily explain her "meta" case or handwave it away if he flipped town.

I disagree. I find it interesting.

• Locked thread