Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Bye bye /u/matilda2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

spacetoaster posted:

I asked and just got ignored.

This happened to me for no reason though!

For literally no reason. I made no posts, nothing. I logged in and had a 10 year ban.

I got this a little bit after the previous email.

WTF is going on with their moderation?

Please tell me your twitch ID and your CIG forum ID are the same. :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

gently caress you, sweet prince.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ghostlight posted:

gently caress you, sweet prince.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

The INN stream is pretty horrible. Managed to get one :gary: PARP in it, though.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41welu/bye_bye_umatilda2013/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

im derek's friend

well, more like internet acquaintance

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Please tell me your twitch ID and your CIG forum ID are the same. :allears:

Nope.

But that ban couldn't have been from this recent interaction.

It was months ago.

I still have no idea what the ban was for.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Can someone give me a brief overview or links to all of this Karl story? It sounds like i missed a lot of fun since the days of Seraph

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The resemblance between that drawing and all of these people is kind of uncanny. It is like the template from which all Star Citizens are formed.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

RattiRatto posted:

Can someone give me a brief overview or links to all of this Karl story? It sounds like i missed a lot of fun since the days of Seraph

A schizophrenic dweeb who cares about a video game more than you've ever cared about anything in your life

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

I never knew there were German 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41j7ut/star_citizen_21_live_ac_vanduul_swarm_coop/cz2r9dm

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ysstd/why_does_nobody_here_think_that_the_fact_cig/cygax2h

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

anything is possible

at zombocom

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

holy poo poo Derek after that greased lightning matilda ban you are like Mother Goon right now

epicaricacy
Jan 19, 2015

Mirificus posted:

I never knew there were German 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

Jet fuel can't melt this logic train.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Holy crap, go away for a few hours to try out the new Homeworld game and Matilda gets nuked. Justice has been served.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Derek Smart Is.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
If a German is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist he is 100% shizophrenic. Like not even joking.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mirificus posted:

I wonder if we'll see Raess2014 posting more frequently on the RSI forums now.

Or the return of Karl Ramwhatever. I don't think his account was banned, he just dropped out of the thread.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Went to work, made a few posts, saw things blow up online. Sitting at home after a crappy commute in my vehicle. Will kick back for another day. Immersion is insane. Another day in the Verse.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Google Butt posted:

A schizophrenic dweeb who cares about a video game more than you've ever cared about anything in your life
The sad part is that they somehow became more interested in Derek Smart than Star Citizen itself. They rarely ventured outside of /r/DerekSmart and the last time they did, it was to ask for help with being unable to launch the game.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

epicaricacy posted:

Jet fuel can't melt this logic train.

Star citizen : jet fuel can't melt this logic train

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mirificus posted:

The sad part is that they somehow became more interested in Derek Smart than Star Citizen itself. They rarely ventured outside of /r/DerekSmart and the last time they did, it was to ask for help with being unable to launch the game.

Derek Smart is Star Citizen. Goons are Derek Smart. Goons are Star Citizen. This thread is the 'verse, welcome to zombocom.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

The resemblance between that drawing and all of these people is kind of uncanny. It is like the template from which all Star Citizens are formed.

Like the uruk hai being born in the lord of the rings movie, loads of be-spectacaled same bearded dweebs writhing out of mud sacks.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Free Matilda imo

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Free Refund

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Derek Smart owned reddit!!!!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

RattiRatto posted:

He's the little poo poo who cyberstalked Bootcha. He didn't believe he was really an investor, posted his real name on Reddit, found his Facebook page, and demanded (on Reddit) that Bootcha post proof on his Facebook that he was who he said he was.

Then I said I'd rip his teeth out through his throat if he tried anything in person.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I think it's time to reiterate this, lowtax, don't ever get your kid involved in streaming games just don't....too many loving weirdoes on the internet......

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
GhostOfSatoshi is a bad Reddit poster
Much like all Reddit posters I guess

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Wasn't the whole "doxxing and harassment" thing the way they got Derek's Reddit account suspended in the first place? Did they think that they were somehow immune to the same thing happening to them or is this just one of those things where when you go long enough without suffering any repercussions for being a shitheel you forget you're beholden to the same rules you exploited?

The answer is "They're loving nuts what do you expect?" but that's a question come on guys work with me here.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Is it out yet?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

wyoak posted:

GhostOfSatoshi is a bad Reddit poster

My -100 comment karma confirms your statement, but in my defence, I didn't join Reddit to be a good poster.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 21, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Baba Ganoush posted:

Is it out yet?

yes, fulfilling all obligations to backers

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

My -100 comment karma confirms your statement, but to be fair, I didn't join Reddit to be a good poster.
Ah I didn't realize that was you (although I guess the highlighted name was a hint)
You come off as a bit of a dsmart lackey

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think some people do that just to get a rise out of the redditors who have a really personal beef with derek smart for some reason

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

wyoak posted:

Ah I didn't realize that was you (although I guess the highlighted name was a hint)
You come off as a bit of a dsmart lackey

Check my post history. I often state that I don't follow Derek, don't play his games and just regard him as another poster in this thread (which is true). I also regularly remind the redditor cultists that I've been mocking SC since 2012, and Derek only started posting here last year.

I might seem like a DerekSmart lackey in that thread. I added the DerekSmart DerekSmart DerekSmart stuff to the OP after someone said a mod would delete it because it wasn't about Derek.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Looooooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

Check my post history. I often state that I don't follow Derek, don't play his games and just regard him as another poster in this thread (which is true). I also regularly remind the redditor cultists that I've been mocking SC since 2012, and Derek only started posting here last year.

I might seem like a DerekSmart lackey in that thread. I added the DerekSmart DerekSmart DerekSmart stuff to the OP after someone said a mod would delete it because it wasn't about Derek.
don't listen to me i'm just a little disappointed matilda was banned

• Locked thread