Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What I'm trying to say is gently caress America forever and everyone in it.

D&D is that way ---->

If this thread didn't have like 20 snipes an hour I would be ashamed of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
im a belieber

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SquirrelGrip posted:

im a belieber

It's OK this is safe space.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Romes128 posted:

Cook it until it's well done. Eat with ketchup

This is the only solution.

This will make the tastiest dinner ever.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Tippis posted:

No, don't. You don't know where it's been and what it might be carrying.

Well. It's legally allowed to carry guns, so you know that much anyway.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well, I had give up most of my Dragon's Dogma playtime to do it, but I made it to the end of the thread. Now I just have to hope there aren't another 2000 posts by the time I get home tomorrow.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

fuctifino posted:

Did this interview with Sandi from 2013 pop up in any of the earlier threads?

http://mognation.com/sunnys-diner-episode-3k13-sandi-gardiner/

The audio is missing on the article, but I found a copy here:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/old-republic-radio/sunnys-diner/e/sunnys-diner-episode-3k13-sandi-gardiner-32990808

Quoting this again from a hundred pages again because everyone deserves to experience this. Skip to ~30m to the question about marketing strategy. this ranks as the worst response I've ever heard a professional give about their worK

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Solarin posted:

Who do you think is donating money to streamers for no apparent reason? I can only assume 70-80% of twitch viewers are doing something that qualifies as masturbstion

Something something fetish
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/i-make-200k-a-year-demanding-money-from-men-online

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Solarin posted:

Quoting this again from a hundred pages again because everyone deserves to experience this. Skip to ~30m to the question about marketing strategy. this ranks as the worst response I've ever heard a professional give about their worK

A woman with an MBA had no idea what Linkedin was until after she was made Vice President of Marketing at a multimillion dollar company.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fuzzy Modem posted:

That being said, I'm sure I have known terrible people without realizing they were terrible, but no, I do not believe Sandi- look, she would have to have, like, a split personality, which is possible, but pretty unlikely. I'm very done talking about it now. The Sandi bashing is the reason I DONT like this thread. I have nothing further to say on the matter.

There are people who may display things that I don't see, those people exist.

BUT IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE SANDI, I LOVE HER TOO MUCH!

When will she notice me, Senpaaaaaaaarp? :yarg:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alf_pogs posted:

just finished reading this old article from last year about peter molyneux

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/13/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter/

fantastic stuff, really. interesting as all get-out, especially when they push him regarding some kickstarter promises.

(compared to the roberts, though, i think molyneux is just a dreamer and an idiot with a huge mouth. he's the snake oil salesman who genuinely believes the snake oil is medicine. i suspect he'd happily be penniless so long as he was working on some crappy game that he believed in.)

anyways it's interesting thinking of coder gods from videogames past. i hope there's at least a few interviews with chris roberts in the near future that go as intensely as this one.

edit: derek your serious breaking news better be a god drat goon de yadda

I remember that one, it's really devastating

Got no sympathy for him though, because he's doing the salesman tactic of repeating the interviewer's first name all the time

That's a really loving annoying thing to do

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I hosed it up.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

A woman with an MBA had no idea what Linkedin was until after she was made Vice President of Marketing at a multimillion dollar company.

Her talking about all these wacky acronyms, like SEO being strategic something something, made me cringe painfully. Maybe she was just being cute but it came off as sheer unbridled incompetence

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

shrach posted:

This is probably what actually happened but try putting on your CIG glasses. Remember, they do not refund you (when they did refunds) for gifts on your account.

Person B melted the specific package that was actually purchased and they derived all the benefits from having it. Once the chargeback has occured this package needs to either be deleted or paid for and person B derived all the benefits of that specific package.

CIG stop caring at this point and do not even want to acknowledge the existence of a grey market. Just because person B gave some different stuff away to people that may or may not be person A, this does not interest them at all.

From CIG perspective, as soon as person B says they received the package from person A then CIG are saying they should seek a refund for that transaction. The later transaction from person B to person A involves a completely different item of no consequence to them and is completely irrelevant. The "item" is even considered worthless by them and their own refund policy.

If you read my post again, that's exactly what I said.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Peter Molyneux attended the MolyJam event in London, a game jam based on a parody Molyneux twitter account.

Edit: It is a very good twitter account https://twitter.com/petermolydeux/status/427862087348396032

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 4, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Solarin posted:

Her talking about all these wacky acronyms, like SEO being strategic something something, made me cringe painfully. Maybe she was just being cute but it came off as sheer unbridled incompetence

It's Palin-esque.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Peter Molyneux attended the MolyJam event in London, a game jam based on a parody Molyneux twitter account.

that is a funny and cool thing to do i think

the guy definitely has passion for videogames and making stuff. he just needs to shut up about his work's worth and get on with it! i still would rather ten peter molyneuxs out there hyping up their next stupid social catastrophe over one chris roberts

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Solarin posted:

"It changes the way you spend money."

It's three minutes of incoherent ramblings about nothing related to the question and the interviewer has to just loving ask another question to end the tangent she's on.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's Palin-esque.

Oh God... folksy.

To be fair Palin seems a lot more likeable. Sandi has the likeabity of a cold eyed failed actress past her prime so that's not much conpetition. Sorry if that opinion makes you vomit on your new mouse Fuzzy "Shotgun" modem

This may be the first time I ever made a positive appraisal of Palin. Thanks Sandi

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I can only listen to that interview in like ten second chunks, I can't deal with how cringe inducing it is.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

To help soothe the cringe-pains here is a thread masterpiece from forever ago. Could anyone assign proper credit for this I just had a saved copy

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Eonwe posted:

go gently caress yourself, Karl

I'm going to miss your posting while you're gone, Eonwe.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Can you link the full video of this?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I registered 14 years ago to start reading this thread....AND I DID IT! I AM FREE! FRE--

*450 new replies*

ffffuck.

Pgabz why is your latest video saying not available.

It's got music and you're in :godwin: country

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

This thread would be a lot more fun if you could actually read it.
Think you guys could cut back a little on the food chat, cat posting, "wow this thread has lots of replies", madden football gif generator gifs, and completely random off topic chat?
It would be real cool if I didn't have to skip through 5 pages at a time looking for actual SC related stuff

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Booourns posted:

Think you guys could cut back a little on the food chat, cat posting, "wow this thread has lots of replies", madden football gif generator gifs, and completely random off topic chat?
It would be real cool if I didn't have to skip through 5 pages at a time looking for actual SC related stuff

What SC related stuff?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

quote:

Star Citizen: We'll discuss the game when there is one.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Booourns posted:

this is are thread

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Booourns posted:

Pretty sure this is all SC related stuff. It's all part of the farcical comedy machine in motion

Real answer: pick a handful of effort posters (eg Smart, Beer, AP, Mirificus) and use their post history to skim. Add in anyone else who you like and you're set

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Honestly all that comes up SC related these days is how there's less of the game every time they talk about something that was coming soon, and more stuff that we'll never see cause it's far future vapour-dreams.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Booourns posted:

Nah

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

squirrelzipper posted:

Finally caught up, holy poo poo this thread.

Also you loving idiots Bourbon is a whiskey. Just like rye whiskey. Neither of them qualify as a Scotch obviously. Wtf. This isn't hard.

all bourbons are whiskeys, but not all whiskeys are bourbons, and you might have some anger issues

Booourns posted:

look we'd love to but someone once asked if we could have food chat and now it's a feature of the thread, so in a way this thread is a parable of and for star citizen

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Prop Wash posted:

all bourbons are whiskeys, but not all whiskeys are bourbons, and you might have some anger issues

Can you or the angry guy explain whiskey vs whisky? What gives

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Champagne vs Sparkling wine.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Booourns posted:

Please see the title of this thread for further information.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Booourns posted:

:dogbutton:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Booourns posted:

Solarin posted:

Can you or the angry guy explain whiskey vs whisky? What gives

Scots or something

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
:downs: two poast

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I found this. It isn't the original one I don't think, but it's... something

Thank you, kind sir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Booourns posted:

i just skip 10 pages at a time and see if anything quoted is referencing poo poo i don't know

• Locked thread