Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I love how completely miscalculated features like the showroom and the million mile high club are. Like even as cynical ploys to make money they completely miss the mark, not even whales care about them. Nobody gave CIG money so they could they join the million mile high club. Nobody is going to buy a ship because its being featured in the showroom. They are complete resource sinks.

I think you underestimate what whales will give to croberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

darkarchon posted:

Speak for yourself commando. I'm pretty sure some whales spent a few more extra bucks to get in the 'exclusive' mile high club. Because how awesome is this that you can drink space cocktails and space dance in a space space space.

The best comparison I can come up is frequent flyer programs.

I'm amazed the lengths people will subject themselves to feel special in regards to flying. All the while the airlines strip benefits and deliver shittier services to their best customers year after year.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Beet Wagon posted:

It also is really handy because I spend a lot of my spare time freediving, taking pictures of sharks and shooting fish and stuff. Being able to breathe deeper and stretch my lungs out more helps extend my bottom time and makes recovery sessions easier.

Why go through the trouble? All that poo poo's going to be in Star Citizen anyway, and water's cold

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

I wish to thank the goon that mentioned Subnautica last week and thousands of posts ago.
To everyone else: :argh:

I would also like to inquire if there are any plans to add a space bulldozer for clearing wreckage off the launch pads in the baby PU.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

G0RF posted:

"TURRETS ARE NOT FUN."

Ben concedes the point. Unsurprisingly, there's a "big pass coming up on turrets!", then details some of what CIG feels is missing in the Turret gunner experience. As he describes potential plans they have to remediate this problem (and there are a couple they're considering, thus they don't really know yet...) my mind drifts once again to the Spaceship Salesfloor...

He actually acts like giving the gunner and pilot a UI to know the heading of the ship or position the turret is pointing in is some cutting edge idea.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

G0RF posted:

MELT TOKEN
Ben says the reason token can't stack is a development limitation, not because they don't want backers to have more of them. Sure.

This is like the worst possible explanation though- it's a direct insult to your intelligence and even if you are capable of suspending disbelief enough to sort-of buy it it should be the most extreme indictment of their technical prowess possible.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

He'll not suffer for long

:smuggo:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Mangoose posted:

Why go through the trouble? All that poo poo's going to be in Star Citizen anyway, and water's cold

Except warm water, or boiling water. Or ice.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

The compatible pots and pans are why I'm noping the hell away from induction. I want cookware that works everywhere.

Perhaps this weekend will involve rice tutorials. I explained that different kinds of rice require different ratios of water, usually listed on the package. I thought of teaching him Mexican rice, but on second thought, perhaps we should start with something less flammable.

Very nearly. Suffice it to say we now have a solid plan for how to occupy the time Saturday while I wait for the interior of the car to be detailed.

Here is Finnegan sitting on top of a knitting pattern in progress.

Post from the past.

Do you have a lot of expensive copper pots already? Or a ton of anodized aluminum non stick stuff? Induction just means steel/iron, which works everywhere. I just had to trade out my non stick set when I got an induction range. QVC has a lot of great inexpensive stuff in their kitchen essentials line.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Have you considered a pressure cooker that does other things? I got a decent one for the holidays and it will do rice easily enough, while also being very useful for a multitude of other recipes.

Fastest way to make soft sweet carrots IMO.

I am, frankly, terrified of giving him a pressure cooker. I expect the slow cooker I gave him will do rice, but I don't feel like waiting seven or eight hours.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm having a shiner on Fremont

My wife says hi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

I am, frankly, terrified of giving him a pressure cooker. I expect the slow cooker I gave him will do rice, but I don't feel like waiting seven or eight hours.

Get an electric one I was scared too but electric ones are fuckup proof

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Iron Tusk posted:

Post from the past.

Do you have a lot of expensive copper pots already? Or a ton of anodized aluminum non stick stuff? Induction just means steel/iron, which works everywhere. I just had to trade out my non stick set when I got an induction range. QVC has a lot of great inexpensive stuff in their kitchen essentials line.

I have Revere Ware that's older than I am; Bootcha has Cuisinart, both nonstick and stainless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Imagine the stupidest game imaginable doubling every second.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Hi eonwife

E: and fuzzknot, what would you even have bootcha do with a stand mixer??? You don't have to sell me on their virtues in general (god do i want one :() but for a learning kitchen user i'd honestly think the foreman is a better use of counter space. Being able to do a full breakfast and only dirty one surface, for instance, is awesome

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 5, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

LGD posted:

This is like the worst possible explanation though- it's a direct insult to your intelligence and even if you are capable of suspending disbelief enough to sort-of buy it it should be the most extreme indictment of their technical prowess possible.

They only had 1 bit left to store the tokens after another door took all the bits. Sorry commandos :(

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

I'm having a shiner on Fremont

My wife says hi

Hi Mrs. Eonwe! :wave:

Eonwe posted:

I will suggest it. Eventually.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Eonwe you should put some of those slot winnings into a Cirque du Soleil show they're awesome (well every one I've seen is awesome anyway)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Are you a bad enough dude to use a pressure cooker?

Also, the people defending the cash shop. my god.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

fuzzknot posted:

Eonwe posted:

Yes, this. I would absolutely agree with you if I was still thinking of the pressure cooker my parents had when growing up. But an electric one is really, really easy. And much more versatile than just an electric rice cooker. My model is an InstantPot if you'd like to see what I'm talking about, though I'm sure many models use the same design and look.

^^ See, that poo poo is why I was worried about stovetop pressure cookers for so long.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Lime Tonics posted:

fuzzknot posted:

I will suggest it. Eventually. Never.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

Imagine the stupidest game imaginable doubling every second.

You don't have to imagine it, friend. We live in the future, and dreams are now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wyoak posted:

Eonwe you should put some of those slot winnings into a Cirque du Soleil show they're awesome (well every one I've seen is awesome anyway)

I'll think about it! We actually put our winnings up. We only gamble with what we brought, so we'll leave with at least $500

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

fuzzknot posted:

I will suggest it. Eventually. Never.

Damnit Lime Tonics, I almost had the sale. I needed that commission!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Loiosh posted:

I check in from time-to-time, but I feel it would be inappropriate to comment further until I actually go for the refund, otherwise I'm just a prap'ing person, and that's something I try to avoid. Meanwhile, I've been reading. Finished the Parasite series by Mira Grant, The Bands of Mourning and Mistborn: Secret History by Brandon Sanderson, Gyreworld by Eve Forward/someone, rereading The Expanse (that TV show is great, by the by), and currently reading City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett and Poseidon's Wake by Alastair Reynolds at the same time (alternating chapters between the books).

The last two weeks have been crazy in terms of entertainment, a novel and novella from Sanderson, the sequel to one of my favorite books ever (City of Stairs), and Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witness and Firewatch all coming out. On the SC front, I haven't seen anything that's bettered my opinion. They have such a long way to go, meanwhile, far more entertaining experiences are here to have, so I'm having them.

I also watched all of Arrow and Flash during the Christmas break and found that I really came to like Arrow by Season 3. I find The Arrow to be one of the best shows on TV by the end of that season, especially in how they handled the relationships vs how CWish the first season was (and Flash Season 1). There's nothing I dislike more than the love triangle trope and associated monogamy/jealousy drama.

Is there something you're waiting for before starting a refund request?

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

EightAce, how is Crobert's project for linguists to create alien languages faring? :v:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Eightace, what do you feel when you see people like wesha?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Sell it to somebody in the 'Verse. Space pressure cookers. It could happen.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wow, Spaceship sales floor :psyduck:

So from what I've gathered in this thread about the games industry, your bosses can be running a child prostitution ring to fund terrorists, but if you report it then your the bad guy.

gently caress, Jack Thompson and Tipper Gore were right all along.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hey man, pressure cookers are no joke, used wrong, explosions happen.

Theres lots of videos of them.

Hey, I just found a new idea for a star citizen mini-game.

Monitor the pressure cooker levels, in real time, to earn 3 cents.

original idea do not steal.

edit : ^^^ the post above, people are actually defending a space ship car lot. It is better to have it done now, so it won't have to be bothered with in the future, is the reasoning. Oh, and the game is totally not a cash grab because it uses the games in game currency which doesn't exist yet. But you can buy it!!!!, but no one is forcing you too.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 5, 2016

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Looks like the shitizens/RSI are trying to exert control over the SC thread at E:D's forum (I'm also pretty sure that's not a real rule).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=203785&page=222&p=3528874&viewfull=1#post3528874

I'm disappointed TBH they are normally quite laid back.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Lime Tonics posted:

Also, the people defending the cash shop. my god.

We had something similar happen with a crock pot of all things. The glass top exploded while simmering beans for chili.

Luckily we weren't in the kitchen. Evidently after reading up on it, sometimes a seal can form that turns it into basically an unlocked pressure cooker on this particular model.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

Hey man, pressure cookers are no joke, used wrong, explosions happen.

Theres lots of videos of them.

Hey, I just found a new idea for a star citizen mini-game.

Monitor the pressure cooker levels, in real time, to earn 3 cents.

original idea do not steal.

You didn't include a way to monetize it so it will never be accepted.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: We won't discuss the game since there isn't one

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Hi eonwife

E: and fuzzknot, what would you even have bootcha do with a stand mixer??? You don't have to sell me on their virtues in general (god do i want one :() but for a learning kitchen user i'd honestly think the foreman is a better use of counter space. Being able to do a full breakfast and only dirty one surface, for instance, is awesome

We have used the hand mixer for cookie dough, mostly, and also whipped cream. I'm trying to sell him on the extra power behind the stand mixer since it can handle bread dough without burning out. Also, your wrists don't get tired from holding up the hand mixer.

I did make him a full Irish breakfast with only one pan for his birthday. All the flavor AND all the fat.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sedisp posted:

He actually acts like giving the gunner and pilot a UI to know the heading of the ship or position the turret is pointing in is some cutting edge idea.
Tank heading + turret position indicator c.1989

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Star Citizen: The T-pose is a feature, not a bug. That's just how people walk in the future.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mirificus posted:

Is there something you're waiting for before starting a refund request?

Being right about what a marvelous game SC will be.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

See you in the 'shop o9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sedisp posted:

CIG can't even keep their pilots from clipping out of their ships during flight, let alone make FPS fun. This is revolutionary for them!

EightAce posted:

Hell yeah! USA, USA, UEE... Er stimpire.
Booyah!
So EightAce are you the only guy in-or-around Foundry Europe/UK that reads this forum? If not, is the reaction to it horrified, pleased or otherwise?

I take for granted that Sandi Monica reads it- at least to some extent- since we get passive aggressive shoutouts and whatnot...

I would assume if Foundry is the Pressure Cooker now tasked with turning Chris's celebrity-packed Megaturd into next year's hottest selling diamond that places like this - where his leadership is scrutinized and his terrible decision making ridiculed - would be a source of quiet satisfaction or occasional comic relief. But is that delusory on my part? Does Foundry even care about the incredibly trivial work we're doing here?

LGD posted:

It really is like something you'd say to a 3 year old...

The worst kind of lies are patronizing ones-- because you know the person telling them thinks you're too big a fool or coward to question them. Unfortunately, this tends to be the case with Star Citizen backers. Or it has been. Seems a change really might be in the air this year, particularly given CIG's priorities, which do not seem to be aligned with the interest of Star Citizen backers. Not one bit.

• Locked thread