Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Tsyni posted:

Yeah, I found the Paradise Lost thread through the banner ad. I'd never been in the Traditional Games/The Game Room before.

I honestly don't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure it was either a Between the Rivers ad that found me Diog's stuff early on or his avatar. One or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I imagine HiHo's avatar, with its link to the game, has also garnered new readers.

That was a clever idea on his part.

I started reading between the rivers when it first started, then got confused by the format and didn't wander back in until the end. Iirc I was just sick in bed and bored. :toot:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FoxTerrier posted:

I imagine HiHo's avatar, with its link to the game, has also garnered new readers.

I started reading between the rivers when it first started, then got confused by the format and didn't wander back in until the end. Iirc I was just sick in bed and bored. :toot:

HiHo's posting has probably turned off an equal number of posters, so it's likely a wash.

edit: I am sorry, I didn't mean it, HiHio <3

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 15, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I found the thread when the mods did a forums switch and this ended up in the You Look Like poo poo forum for a while. During the infamous footrace around Zepath. :D

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Banner Ad for me.

Tagline for the new one: "All Mighty Men Have Daddy Issues"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

To reiterate my previous votes: Judah, no Scum

Guys, I feel that this amazing world that Diogenes crafted feels more immersive and enjoyable if we accept the consequences of our choices.
Don't go scumming up my game :(

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

No Savescumming, don't invalidate our choices!

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

To reiterate my previous votes: Judah, no Scum

I'm pretty sure you don't need to bold your vote more than once. Doesn't this make it harder to count?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

hollylolly posted:

I found the thread when the mods did a forums switch and this ended up in the You Look Like poo poo forum for a while. During the infamous footrace around Zepath. :D

That was a fun couple weeks.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

huh?

Tsyni posted:

HiHo's posting has probably turned off an equal number of posters, so it's likely a wash.

edit: I am sorry, I didn't mean it, HiHio <3

Obviously.

Although I thought of a compromise position: Reload as per Diog, do the sane option with the teleport, and take over another character since we've all proven we are terrible with Enkidel. Let Enkidel be owned by the capybaras, we avoid all the stupid poo poo besides from what Enkidel blabs to us about.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to bold your vote more than once. Doesn't this make it harder to count?

Yes it's kind of a pain for vote counters. Just bold your initial vote and 99 times out of 100 someone will see it and count it.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Judah, Pro Reload (A).

It's really close in my mind between Asahel and Judah.

Judah is a blank slate, something of a clean start. I sorta like that. We can still try and drag Ur (the Donut, at least) into the 21st century, or at least the Iron Age, since we'll probably be one of the most Blooded beings for miles, which still gets us quite a bit of latitude in what we do.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

That was a fun couple weeks.

I know it's ancient history but in retrospect if loving blows my mind Ish didn't warn us about pushing ourselves too hard in the races, given he knew what a headstrong fucker we are and how badly we like to compete.

Like, Jesus Christ dude.

I don't hold much against Ish, but that was a truly WTF choice on his part.

Oh, whoops. I meant DeadlyHamSandwhich. I think. IDK, somebody's avatar has a link! lol

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 15, 2016

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

huh?

Obviously.

Although I thought of a compromise position: Reload as per Diog, do the sane option with the teleport, and take over another character since we've all proven we are terrible with Enkidel. Let Enkidel be owned by the capybaras, we avoid all the stupid poo poo besides from what Enkidel blabs to us about.

I did not think of that. If you like, sure. I don't imagine people want to though?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Diogines posted:

I did not think of that. If you like, sure. I don't imagine people want to though?

I'm actually kinda curious about this, if only to find out what exactly the Capybaras think Enkidel would do at any given time and who he is. It'd also be really interesting to see Enkidel from the outside and see what kind of relationship we build with him - or if we even like him.

Not curious enough to make me formally vote on the matter, though.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Tomn posted:

I'm actually kinda curious about this, if only to find out what exactly the Capybaras think Enkidel would do at any given time and who he is. It'd also be really interesting to see Enkidel from the outside and see what kind of relationship we build with him - or if we even like him.

It would likely be very cathartic for Diogines, beyond anything else, to be able to give us a taste of what he's felt for years.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

Seeing what Enkidel is capable of doing if we just acted consistently for a few updates would be too shameful for most of the thread.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I look forward to the thread having to respond to Enkidel's question time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think a primer on Enkidel as a person would be helpful if we reload as well. Like something to help the disparate posters in the thread reconcile our choices with the personality that Diog is working from for Enkidel.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Diogines posted:

I'm up for this. Living in a world with sane Enkidel would be pretty cool.

I was wondering, if we did go back in time, we previously had the option to use the Gebian's to create the soul raft. What do people think of just sending them straight to the mountain? Beats being eaten by giants or dissolving painfully in the wilds. Plus we'd save materials to make an awesome weapon or something.

I was out of town when that round of voting came up, otherwise I'd have mentioned it before.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
pro-reload, asahel

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm up for this. Living in a world with sane Enkidel would be pretty cool.

I was wondering, if we did go back in time, we previously had the option to use the Gebian's to create the soul raft. What do people think of just sending them straight to the mountain? Beats being eaten by giants or dissolving painfully in the wilds. Plus we'd save materials to make an awesome weapon or something.

I was out of town when that round of voting came up, otherwise I'd have mentioned it before.

That sounds like a human sacrifice with an extra step thrown in.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Judah, anti-reload

Let's bust open this donut and see what sort of jelly is on the inside.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Diogines posted:

If we don't get to reload I would be much happier with this. I care more about the character than I do about playing him. Hell I vote less that half the time.
But still I would rather we continued to get the story from his perspective.

Hey Diog, can you just write us a story about the adventures of Enkidel? I think this whole cyoa thing is just getting in the way anyway! :D

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Asahel

gently caress.

Also

Pro-reload

Goddamnit

A

FFS.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Tomn posted:

Enkidel turns out to have a lot in common with Ish. Everything that gets brought up against Ish is true for Enkidel as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar block of Enkidel hate.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Mr. Nemo posted:

That sounds like a human sacrifice with an extra step thrown in.

So better than a forced death march?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Disargeria posted:

Enkidel turns out to have a lot in common with Ish. Everything that gets brought up against Ish is true for Enkidel as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar block of Enkidel hate.

Yeah we stone walled the gently caress out of everyone under us. Hell we were probably worse than Ish.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Reload, Asahel, if no reload than please save Enkidel and capybara control him

I... I don't want Tudiya sad

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010
Judah, Pro-reload

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I we played Judah (or someone else far away) and let Diog re-load and control Enki off-screen that...could be something.

We would get the succor of knowing Snarls and our Balls aren't dead, but we'd also move on and in that way have an appropriate 'game ending' result for loving up.

I don't think Diog controlling Enki while we played someone that interacts with him would work though. We'd be critiquing every move and driving ourselves nuts.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I am changing my vote from No-Reload to "Reload+Change to Ash"

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Enkidel is a big enough fish, and Zepath connected enough to Judah's story, that we would be eventually as him. Though with a separation time certainly.

Also Diog isn't Judah technically going back in time? It has been over 20 years since Tadmor, this will be a bit after Ibleam, wouldn't it?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Enkidel's actions will play out as you voted prior if you pick Judah. Tadmor is far enough away that your actions after you left for not have obvious direct effects, though some indirect ones.

You also get a chance to see how your adventures and the demon attacks were seen in the Donut.

I have not made up my mind but I am strongly leaning towards no loading.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

Enkidel's actions will play out as you voted prior if you pick Judah. Tadmor is far enough away that your actions after you left for not have obvious direct effects, though some indirect ones.

You also get a chance to see how your adventures and the demon attacks were seen in the Donut.

I have not made up my mind but I am strongly leaning towards no loading.

I think NPCkidel is the compromise this thread needs

E: I want to make Judah a Ball of Labaras if we can manage it, in his journeys to be badass. Or have him make his own gibborim in the Donut

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
I think i'd rather play Judah than Ash regardless of reload on account of having less emotional attachments but if Enki got reloaded and we played Judah instead, I'd be really happy.
+1 Judah

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

SerSpook posted:

I think NPCkidel is the compromise this thread needs

I would like this as well.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I would like this as well.

Yeah I'll throw a vote down this way.

Reload, switch to Judah, let Enkidel live as an NPC.

Literally every major problem Enkidel has faced comes from goon interference. Charging a lightning wizard. Not breathing. Marching into the loving wilderness in the first place. Let's see what our boy can become in the interim.

While we're throwing around extra ideas, I'd also support reloading then doing a massive time skip.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

What happened in Lowell's thread after a really divisive vote was a switch from American democracy style voting to a parliamentary system. People came up with parties/teams, listed basics of each, and voters belong to one of them. The top few teams decide the direction of the story and choices. People can change what team they belong to at any point.

If that were done here, there could be Team El, which sticks to the orthodox view of things and listens to Ishamal's instructions; Team Hunger, which wants Asherah's revival; Team Melachim, which supports Paebel's beliefs; or even more absurd things like Team Indor, wanting to keep giving her supplies and maybe seeing if one of our sons wants to marry Puabi.

I honestly don't know if it would work here given the difference between simulation and narrative, but it takes away the problems Tomn and others have pointed out about simple majority and feeling like everything is going in a direction a large portion of the thread isn't in favor of.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

LivesInGrey posted:

What happened in Lowell's thread after a really divisive vote was a switch from American democracy style voting to a parliamentary system. People came up with parties/teams, listed basics of each, and voters belong to one of them. The top few teams decide the direction of the story and choices. People can change what team they belong to at any point.

If that were done here, there could be Team El, which sticks to the orthodox view of things and listens to Ishamal's instructions; Team Hunger, which wants Asherah's revival; Team Melachim, which supports Paebel's beliefs; or even more absurd things like Team Indor, wanting to keep giving her supplies and maybe seeing if one of our sons wants to marry Puabi.

I honestly don't know if it would work here given the difference between simulation and narrative, but it takes away the problems Tomn and others have pointed out about simple majority and feeling like everything is going in a direction a large portion of the thread isn't in favor of.

Haha that's brilliant and as a politics nerd I'd be so keen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

LivesInGrey posted:

Soooo, Crete all over again? No thanks.