Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

I remember in all games whenever another dude jumps in my vehicle it's a great opportunity for fun times, when I used to play WoW a bit it'd be cool when someone jumped in my sidecar for example. We could zoom around together and have a good old laugh.

This is how commandos deal with it:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319176/getting-rid-of-a-hitchhiker
Judging by your videos all they have to do is go to warp or whatever and the hitchhiker is left behind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

drat Dirty Ape posted:

My ideal game would be massively multiplayer in such a way that I would never have to deal with other people

At least that's the way I see it.....

:golfclap:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
We have to end our posts with that line.

At least that's the way i see it......

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Holy poo poo, do you realize what page we are on?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Don't these jokers know that an MMO in which you don't have to deal with other people is already here? It's called Star Wars: The Old Republic, and best of all, for some classes, it has just as many buttons as World of Warcraft did back in 2009!

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Fargin Icehole posted:

We have to end our posts with that line.

Our ability to "do this" will much depend on the anti-griefing "features" of the Star Citizen's Persistent Universe World...

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 21, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

Don't these jokers know that an MMO in which you don't have to deal with other people is already here? It's called Star Wars: The Old Republic, and best of all, for some classes, it has just as many buttons as World of Warcraft did back in 2009!

You mean that game by evil publisher Electronic Arts? More like Electronic Farts.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
There's nothing quite as fantastic as people dumping thousands or tens of thousands of dollars into an MMO and then bitching about unsolicited/immersion breaking interactions with other players.

"I want an MMO but I don't actually want to play with people."

I found a sun in Elite. It was pretty up close.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I don't really care what ... "anyone" says about this topic, the "facts" are that Star Citizen has more fidelity than any other GAME in "history".

At least that's the way I see it... on my 4K monitors...

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
What happened to that 4k monitors guy anyway?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Scruffpuff posted:

I don't really care what ... "anyone" says about this topic, the "facts" are that Star Citizen has more fidelity than any other GAME in "history".

At least that's the way I see it... on my 4K monitors...

Man, I totally forgot about the misplaced and wholly-unnecessary quotation marks.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

What happened to that 4k monitors guy anyway?

It takes him a long time to catch up with the thread because he has to use a magnifying glass to read it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

.4oz fries.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The difference between this thread and RSI forums, is that at least we can take a loving joke.

Also pedophiles get their proper justice, and people don't get banned drat near permanently for ASKING QUESTIONS, WHICH IS NORMAL IN A FORUM

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Wise Learned Man posted:

It takes him a long time to catch up with the thread because he has to use a magnifying glass to read it.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

D_Smart posted:

Nobody. We just needed something fresh to bitch about. And when I saw the 42, it seemed a good a segue as any

Derek your game Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. was one of the first games little me bought with my own money. I bought it at Kroger grocery store and it was very confusing for a child, but I thought space was pretty and battlecruisers are p cool.

Thank you for getting me into PC gaming and all of your hard work!!

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

How does he place world after universe? :psypop: This writing is making me want to vomit, and I mean that literally - because I'm sort of sick already.

I am currently in a stimpire, not sure which - the flu is eternal. The symptoms never cease.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

MilesK posted:

AI powered by Google's DeepMind, planets with all the detail of earth generated in CryEngiene fidelity, "dynamically generated" missions that will never get boring, some sort of VR second life. These are all things real people believe Croberts is somehow capable of.

:gary:

True fact: I just implemented Bird AI to Solar Plebeian's first animated bird.

It amounts to:

Push bird forward every 1 seconds.
Turn bird slightly to the right every 3 seconds.

Goal: Fidelity
Mission: Accomplished

See you in the 'Lax, birds!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

D_Smart posted:

Nobody. We just needed something fresh to bitch about. And when I saw the 42, it seemed a good a segue as any

Charles Get-Out posted:

Derek your game Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. was one of the first games little me bought with my own money. I bought it at Kroger grocery store and it was very confusing for a child, but I thought space was pretty and battlecruisers are p cool.

Thank you for getting me into PC gaming and all of your hard work!!

Derek Smart, when I was a child, and begged for Computer Gaming Magazine issues or PC Gaming Issues each month, I came across the reviews of Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. It wasn't popular so much that they we're critical of it, but it was because you responded to the criticism of the reviews like a maniac.

I saw lowtax's "Derek smart's Destop commander" on a subforum of Sven Co-op, so that poo poo kinda came back.

Now you're here, and just like everybody else, catching up to this thread.

At least that's how I see it........

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 21, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Wise Learned Man posted:

Man, I totally forgot about the misplaced and wholly-unnecessary quotation marks.

It's strange seeing bolding, "underlining", italicizing, Quotation Marks, and capitalization all being used in a Random cocktail of ..... "Emphasis".

That's at least how I see it.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i thought it was funny, too

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Toops posted:

True fact: I just implemented Bird AI to Solar Plebeian's first animated bird.

It amounts to:

Push bird forward every 1 seconds.
Turn bird slightly to the right every 3 seconds.

Goal: Fidelity
Mission: Accomplished

See you in the 'Lax, birds!

What type of bird is the first to be implemented? Will we be able to see it in our aviaries soon? Have we got any cage flair?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

No. I tend not to associate with fucktards. Plus one? Yeah. But two? Not a chance.

You don't have to count the guy in the mirror.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
I love this page.

Here's my dog.

He probably hates Star Citizen.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Fargin Icehole posted:

Derek Smart, when I was a child, and begged for Computer Gaming Magazine issues or PC Gaming Issues each month, I came across the reviews of Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. It wasn't popular so much that they we're critical of it, but it was because you responded to the criticism of the reviews like a maniac.

I saw lowtax's "Derek smart's Destop commander" on a subforum of Sven Co-op, so that poo poo kinda came back.

Now you're here, and just like everybody else, catching up to this thread.

At least that's how I see it........

To be honest I kind of find it exciting that a generational PC gaming icon like DSmart is in a battle of cajones and game-making talent with an idiot manbaby like Cobbler.

DSmart makes better games imo

tastychicken posted:

I love this page.

Here's my dog.

i'm not sure that dog would hate anything he looks like the embodiment of love

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Derek where the hell is your LoD thread, I couldn't find one

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
have cig gone bankrupt yet, such blueballs

and cats are gay

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011
This game is a special kind of poo poo and I don't know anything about game development!

Brodev Sean Tracey, desperate to hide his bald spot behind spikey hair, an expensive watch and Adidas clamshells, actually dropped some bombs.

Space swoopers will now turn red for killing other players and destroying ships, thanks to a new reputation system! Players can accept a bounty mission to kill the troublemaker! One of those 'Tons of bugs that we sqaushed' must be hit detection.

Spaceship models are being moved from a 32 bit mesh to a 16 bit mesh. Now, I'm not a game developer, but that sounds like a compromise to get some sort game functionality in the name of fidelity. Bald dev also mentions the super detailed space ships are the reason the game is a jittery mess. Also, moving to a 16 bit mesh brings them in line with console specs, so expect Squardron Fartytwo on your PS4 and XBone in 2017!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

What type of bird is the first to be implemented? Will we be able to see it in our aviaries soon? Have we got any cage flair?

The Hangar will have it's own personalized, persistent, "fidelitorius", aviary, full of the beautiful birds that you rescue by BOOPING into them at low velocity.

Ram them at high velocity and you will get a warrant put on you for "Nefarious Bird Murder" which is forbidden in the 'Lax.

At least that's the way I see it.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

A Loud Fart posted:

I don't know anything about game development!

stopped reading here

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Liu posted:

and cats are gay

some are i would think

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Toops posted:

The Hangar will have it's own personalized, persistent, "fidelitorius", aviary, full of the beautiful birds that you rescue by BOOPING into them at low velocity.

Ram them at high velocity and you will get a warrant put on you for "Nefarious Bird Murder" which is forbidden in the 'Lax.

At least that's the way I see it.

lmao..I was looking at imgur and came to mention that pic

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

A Loud Fart posted:

Also, moving to a 16 bit mesh brings them in line with console specs, so expect Squardron Fartytwo on your PS4 and XBone in 2017!
b-b-b-b-but no compromises!

tastychicken posted:

I love this page.

Here's my dog.

that is a cool dog

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

close the thread

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Google Butt posted:

close the thread

lol you're so garbage

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Does anyone have any idea why Captain B'tak Writes the "way" he does?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Toops posted:

lol you're so garbage

:iamafag:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Toops posted:

lol you're so garbage

He's our moral compass :colbert:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Mirificus posted:

Does anyone have any idea why Captain B'tak Writes the "way" he does?

this is too meta for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Dusty Lens posted:

He's our moral compass :colbert:

whey guys, whoa, thread blows lol :slick:

e: he's right

• Locked thread