Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Maybe it's too early for Gus, but I'd love it if he showed up, noticed Mike's worth (somehow, I don't know) and helped him with his Salamanca problem.

Gus and Salamanca are already enemies so I wouldn't be surprised if Gus somehow assists in Hector's downfall. We don't know whether Hector's deterioration was just due to a natural stroke do we?

If you remember in Breaking Bad, Gus continuously visits Hector and asks him to look him in the eye (he finally does when Hector blows him to hell) but perhaps that whole thing starts around now or soon in the BCS timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Gus didn't start doing that until he learned where Hector was being kept. After his stroke but before Tuco's death, he was living in that shack with Tuco.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think at this point in the timeline, Gus and Hector are begrudging colleagues. Before Gus started up his own production enterprise and betrayed the cartel, Pollos functioned as part of their distribution network. So as much as they hate each other, there's probably no open war between them at the moment.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Hm that is true but at the same time Gus definitely 100% hates him since he killed his friend and Gus is sneaky so he would definitely still be willing to covertly gently caress over Hector.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Hector was having visible motor control issues in the pool flashback, as shown by needing both hands to take a shot of tequila. I always assumed he just had ALS or something, genetic and slowly degenerative. He even gets worse over the course of BB, from being able to feed himself and lift himself out of his seat in season 2 to just having the bell and face muscle control at the end of 4.

These things can be accelerated by stress, though, so however Mike handles the situation isn't necessarily excluded from pushing him down a hill.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

He apparently had good enough motor control to almost drown one of his nephews, the fucker :argh:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

He apparently had good enough motor control to almost drown one of his nephews, the fucker :argh:

He was just teaching a moral about loving your brother. :)

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Javid posted:

. He even gets worse over the course of BB, from being able to feed himself and lift himself out of his seat in season 2

He wasn't able to feed himself, Tuco had to. He just managed to slouch forward far enough to knock the plate off the table through herculean effort because otherwise he was about to be poisoned to death.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Well whatever the case the situations he's in in BB don't really paint him as being supported by the cartel any more as that lovely desert house was provided by Tuco and whatever nursing home he lands in after that looks very low rent or state funded. Although they do bring him to the meeting with Gus discussing revenge on Walt for Tuco's death. Idk maybe that was just bad writing otherwise where did all of Hector's money go?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wonder if they will ever bring back the using Chucks number for copies or whatever

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bleh Maestro posted:

Well whatever the case the situations he's in in BB don't really paint him as being supported by the cartel any more as that lovely desert house was provided by Tuco and whatever nursing home he lands in after that looks very low rent or state funded. Although they do bring him to the meeting with Gus discussing revenge on Walt for Tuco's death. Idk maybe that was just bad writing otherwise where did all of Hector's money go?
Sandpiper stole it all, forcing Tuco to take over the care for his uncle.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I wonder if they will ever bring back the using Chucks number for copies or whatever

That could only ever possibly have gotten them in trouble with HHM, and clearly Chuck is not in trouble with HHM.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

That could only ever possibly have gotten them in trouble with HHM, and clearly Chuck is not in trouble with HHM.

It's going to screw Jimmy out of the rest of the Sandpiper finders fee whatever he is supposed to be getting later I think

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

It's going to screw Jimmy out of the rest of the Sandpiper finders fee whatever he is supposed to be getting later I think
Chuck tries to do that (upon being sent to the end of his rope by something else (his own neurosis)) and Jimmy's response is to go "Well, I'm either suing your firm and everything you've worked for into oblivion, or I'm committing you. Take your pick."

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Javid posted:

Hector was having visible motor control issues in the pool flashback, as shown by needing both hands to take a shot of tequila. I always assumed he just had ALS or something, genetic and slowly degenerative. He even gets worse over the course of BB, from being able to feed himself and lift himself out of his seat in season 2 to just having the bell and face muscle control at the end of 4.

Almost certainly Parkinson's disease.

Solice Kirsk posted:

(Jimmy) did something embarrassing at (Chuck's) wedding

Jimmy didn't go to Chuck's wedding, that's what he wanted to apologize for. In the Chicago Sunroof flashback, Chuck says the family hasn't heard from Jimmy in years, and the dinner flashback is clearly not long after that scene.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Chuck penalizing Jimmy for doing something Chuck asked him to do? That doesn't add up. Chuck's an rear end, but he's a high-horse-riding rear end who does things by the book.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Why exactly did Chuck play along with Jimmy when they were building the sandpiper case?

Was it just his plan to build him up and bring him down when they took to to HHM?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bleh Maestro posted:

Why exactly did Chuck play along with Jimmy when they were building the sandpiper case?

Was it just his plan to build him up and bring him down when they took to to HHM?

I don't think Chuck is really the mastermind demonic supervillain some people in the thread make him out to be

He actually does like Jimmy

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Chuck considered the Sandpiper case legitimate and he found the work personally invigorating, which is why he was eager to roll up his sleeves and plug away at it. He just ultimately decided Jimmy couldn't be trusted with the case.

It wasn't a long game "I must destroy my bro" thing, just a gradual realization that (in his mind) letting Jimmy stay on would be playing with fire.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Bleh Maestro posted:

Chuck wanted to get back into lawyer stuff after spending however long lurking in a dark cave, he could keep an eye on Jimmy if he was working with him, it was isolated enough from his career at HHM that he didn't really have to worry about Jimmy embarrassing him, and it was going to earn him and his brother a lot of money.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
It will be actually interesting if Sandpiper is seen through. What's the potential payout to Jimmy et al. Again?

FuriousxGeorge posted:

"Prank call" is a kind of understated way to describe convincing someone their spouse is dying so you can get away with drug manufacturing.

He got punk'd

Bleh Maestro fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 18, 2016

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Bleh Maestro posted:

It will be actually interesting if Sandpiper is seen through. What's the potential payout to Jimmy et al. Again?

Enough for a white caddy, a vanity license plate, and a small office in a lovely strip mall.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Chuck is the Skyler of BCS, and all the raging hate-boners directed at him become car-wreck funny once you accept this obvious fact. The writers perfectly baited all the bigots who hated on Skyler but were eventually shamed into shutting up, simply by swapping out one class of person for another. Misogyny is of course alive and well in America but even the most hardened douchebags often know that expressing it out loud will get them shunned; not so with Chuck, who is fair game because he has sadbrains and is therefore probably Patrick Bateman (duh). But even if the writers didn't do it on purpose, it's still hilarious to watch goons make gigantic asses of themselves over him. For example, see the following expert diagnosis provided by a graduate of prestigious Cringe University:

Martman posted:

Chuck is the bigger liar of the two. He's convinced himself of his own lie about a made up disease, and dishonestly hosed Jimmy over for as long as he could without getting caught. I think he's more dangerous than Jimmy because he's more attached to his own image of himself being perfect; Jimmy acknowledges his skills and so actually uses his conscience and ethics when lying and doing scams.

Basically what I'm saying is, I have no idea about the story about Jimmy's dad, or really anything Chuck has said, because he's at best a crazy person, at worst basically a sociopath.

:laffo:

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 18, 2016

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

r0ck0 posted:

Enough for a white caddy, a vanity license plate, and a small office in a lovely strip mall.

And an inflatable Statue of Liberty and Styrofoam columns, that poo poo ain't cheap :v:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Bleh Maestro posted:

Didn't they mention $1-2 million in the last episode or two of season 1? But class actions take a long rear end time.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think Chuck is really the mastermind demonic supervillain some people in the thread make him out to be

He actually does like Jimmy

Well, he definitely loves him, but you can love family without liking them. Chuck and Jimmy have nothing in common.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Marco outright tells Jimmy "I hate to break it to you, but Chuck doesn't even like you" and Marco is the single most honest and self-actualized person in this show. ("I need this")

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Chuck is the Skyler of BCS, and all the raging hate-boners directed at him become car-wreck funny once you accept this obvious fact. The writers perfectly baited all the bigots who hated on Skyler but were eventually shamed into shutting up, simply by swapping out one class of person for another. Misogyny is of course alive and well in America but even the most hardened douchebags often know that expressing it out loud will get them shunned; not so with Chuck, who is fair game because he has sadbrains and is therefore probably Patrick Bateman (duh). But even if the writers didn't do it on purpose, it's still hilarious to watch goons make gigantic asses of themselves over him. For example, see the following expert diagnosis provided by a graduate of prestigious Cringe University:

this is the worst post I have ever read

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Lutha Mahtin posted:

quote:

The whitest of internet knights of fake tv people. Laffo indeed.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Skyler rules though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
She's not that bad. She does some dumb things but not enough to earn the ire of internet losers.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Could someone please make a breaking bad playlist of mike episodes with notes on when he appears.

I'm going through some right now and the one i started he isn't even in the beginning. he has like a 5 minute scene. I'm so happy to have half episodes revoving around him now. He's the action star of the show.

Like right now, I'm on full measures. ITs when he goes and puts the screws to Saul. It's kinda sad to see now in the light that we have from call saul. Mike never was his friend and they got along better in the beginning than they did in the end :(

Mike apperance:
breaking bad s3ep13 13:50 and 28 markers
s4e4 opening scene

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 18, 2016

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Cojawfee posted:

She's not that bad. She does some dumb things but not enough to earn the ire of internet losers.

The early-era Skyler who freaked out about her husband buying pot was annoying and dumb in the best possible way. A perfect counterbalance to the insane meth/Emilio/Krazy-8 stuff. The late-era Skyler who laundered money and threatened Lydia and pulled a knife on Walt? That was a badass stuck in an impossible situation trying to protect her kids from both the law and from their dad's dangerous bullshit.

She's easily the most sympathetic adult character on the show.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 18, 2016

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Chuck's mere presence is ominous and sinister as he kills the light wherever he goes and people are surprised a manipulative, subversive antagonist is strongly disliked. Also it relates to Skyler and misogyny, somehow.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.
I'm going to admit I never got the Skyler hate. I mean, what the hell? A mild-mannered family man suddenly becoming a meth-cooking criminal mastermind in middle age is...well, so far beyond the pale that I don't even want to think about it happening in real life. She's entitled to any reaction she wants. Seriously.

I've also seen some Wendy-in-The Shining hate that that I never got, for similar reasons. Trapped with a dude who's becoming more and more unbalanced and threatening until he's literally chasing people through the building trying to hack them to pieces? Yeah, that would be upsetting.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
She didn't want Walt to be epic. What a bitch.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Karmine posted:

The members of Team Hank would like a word

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Karmine posted:

Nah, Marie was the only character who consistently did what she believed to be right for her (extended) family, and who got screwed over horribly through no fault of her own despite her good intentions. She's the most sympathetic adult character.

Did you notice how she quit wearing purple when Hank was murdered? Only gray tones from then on. All the color went out of her life.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I liked Skyler and Hank. Despite their faults and weaknesses, they were both ultimately good people. I dislike Chuck because people who gently caress you over while acting saintly piss me off in real life. That said, I enjoy watching Chuck and think he's very well-written. I don't want him to leave the show because he's a dynamic character and a good source of contention. But I do think he's a prick.

Thus, I am a self-hating woman. v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I admit it, I hate Chuck because of my raging misogyny.

• Locked thread