Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
HI

The soil is very acidic. we need to take care of that poo poo asap otherwise we're gonna be stunted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. H, the acid is the biggest threat right now.
2. K, having some mobile minions will give us a lot of new possibilities.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

H Drop acid erry day
:ducksiren:

I too I guess

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Thanks Pete!

1) D - diversify the portfolio
2) K - allies worked pretty good so far

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Is it too late to yell something to Pete as he flies off? If not, I want to yell "Come visit meeeee when your around!"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Diogines posted:

Is it too late to yell something to Pete as he flies off? If not, I want to yell "Come visit meeeee when your around!"

Trees don't raise their voices.

It's Tree Law.

You can really aggressively whisper it though!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
1D2K

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

D, you know what grows in swamps? Carnivorous plants, and having some features that tap into other sources of energy than sunlight would be a boon to us.
K, swamps are completely, hilariously teaming with life, and that life can work to our advantage.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

1 A: We'll be like a spongetree!
2 N: Who doesn't like gossip?

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
1.A

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Trees don't raise their voices.

It's Tree Law.

You can really aggressively whisper it though!

I would like to really aggressively whisper it then.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Diogines posted:

I would like to really aggressively whisper it then.

You do.

Pete hears you but he doesn't know it because he's arguing with a seagull about the merits of primogeniture as he flies north.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

1 H
2 K

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

AN

Let's get some secret knowledge!

ADH are the three big things we need in my opinion.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B- Butterfly in the sky! I can go twice as high! Take a look, it's in a Teek, reading rainbow!

K- Get friends to protect us, and we'll protect them as we grow.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

paragon1 posted:

You do.

Pete hears you but he doesn't know it because he's arguing with a seagull about the merits of primogeniture as he flies north.

The fool! Doesn't he know that Ultimogeniture is the way to go? Just make sure to kill of all but one of your children...

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
H
N - Secrets? Like magic? We need to learn magic, listen for those magic whispers.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Magnusth posted:

Trees are :krad:

Do you know what's also :krad:? Dragons!

Check out the new CYOA "To Dream of Dragons," where you play a dragon, born in a dream and trying to become real and physical. It's just now starting, so come join us and have fun!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768781

dang dude get nailed to a tree irl

you posted this same thing in Diogenes' thread, what a sellout. at least the tortoise I mentioned whas only physically grimy, what you're doing is grosser

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

D - Adhesive sap to trap+digest creatures

K - whose spider filled husks will provide our first line of defence

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SniperWoreConverse posted:

dang dude get nailed to a tree irl

you posted this same thing in Diogenes' thread, what a sellout. at least the tortoise I mentioned whas only physically grimy, what you're doing is grosser

he got both mine and Diog's permission in irc, and more games is better. don't be an rear end in a top hat over nothing.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

G
K

Top three win - we have lots of H but need more changes to survive!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

paragon1 posted:

he got both mine and Diog's permission in irc, and more games is better. don't be an rear end in a top hat over nothing.

Sorry Magnusth, jumping the gun, not involved in irc

in that vein i'm going to avoid voting DicK and vote DN

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

F! - roots are the key to our survival. spread out and soak up all that wonderfull water!

K Because with those roots, well, that's a perfect home for our spider friends, aint it?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Hedging votes.

A(hoping AHK) wins.

Allies are good, symbiotic relationships are even better than parasitic ones.

E: gently caress didn't vote K for symbiosis.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 18, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
D
K

Make ourselves attractive to the insects and small animals of this place, have them clean and defend us, let them eat of us, and then we will at times eat of them.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
G
M

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Sorry Magnusth, jumping the gun, not involved in irc

in that vein i'm going to avoid voting DicK and vote DN

Well, that was wierd. Don't worry, though, it's fine. I'll just concider it extra exposure.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A & K – Let's guzzle down water and make new friends!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

GN
Secret knowledge is always good.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1) A
2) N

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

H

K

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Hmm. Lots of good things. Good situation for a CYOA, tricky situation for a voter.

H, N

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
DK

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
D
K

We will feed upon the carcasses our loyal spiderlings bring us by invoking the true name of the local spider king; whisper 'Feed me Seymour'

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

A N

Water and Listen!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Being in a swamp we need to get on A and D. H, E and F also seem like contenders, though I'd favour E over F.

Which one of A or D has less at the moment? Both could easily be terminal, although drowning or having the water destroy our roots would be a faster and more guaranteed death, while little light could just leave us stunted. I guess I'll throw in with A for now.

Gotta think I, K or N for 2. I's just important, N might only be available right now, K is a good idea both for resources and predator/irritation management. I imagine we might be able to swing K a a later date, so I'm going to pass there. So getting an early start on root supremacy, or taking our only shot at secret sapling knowledge? Guess I'll gamble on N, though I'll be bummed if we don't learn anything

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
DK

D means a chance of becoming a blood sucking monstrosity! Or eating magic, I guess.

K means friends are good.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
GM

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

AI - More water, more roots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU