Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

"It's no longer cloud 9 players running out alone into sites, now they're running in together"

stewie is a tactical genius

I chuckled when I heard them say this on stream, also immediately after stewie pop flashed in and died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Show of hands for anyone who votes inferno *slowly loads bullets into deag*

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Dongicus posted:

Show of hands for anyone who votes inferno *slowly loads bullets into deag*

you load bullets into the magazine, not the deagle itself. :smug:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the magazine is part of the gun you loon

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Lol if you don't use R8

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

lets go bois

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That's a good line-up. The only change I'd make is maybe GuardiaN instead of FalleN for Sniper.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Garfu posted:

bind "f" "buy flashbang;use weapon_knife; use weapon_flashbang"
bind "g" "buy hegrenade; use weapon_knife;use weapon_hegrenade"
bind "h" "buy molotov;buy incgrenade; use weapon_knife; slot10"
bind "v" "buy smokegrenade; use weapon_knife; use weapon_smokegrenade"

sweet ty

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Garfu posted:

bind "f" "buy flashbang;use weapon_knife; use weapon_flashbang"
bind "g" "buy hegrenade; use weapon_knife;use weapon_hegrenade"
bind "h" "buy molotov;buy incgrenade; use weapon_knife; slot10"
bind "v" "buy smokegrenade; use weapon_knife; use weapon_smokegrenade"

Does this automatically toss the grenade, or can you hold the button until you need to throw it?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It just selects it for use. You still throw them normally.

Those binds are useful because, due to the game's coding, it is faster to switch to a new grenade after throwing one, by first switching to another weapon THEN switching to your newly desired grenade.

This technique allows you to throw multiple grenades quickly. Like when you want to quickly toss two flashbangs.

Selecting one grenade the first time is just as fast without this bind.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Ferret King posted:

It just selects it for use.

Those binds are useful because, due to the game's coding, it is faster to switch to a new grenade after throwing one by first switching to another weapon THEN to your newly desired grenade.

This technique allows you to throw multiple grenades quickly.

Selecting one grenade the first time is just as fast without this bind.

Oh ok. "Use Weapon" was throwing me off. So it's like flicking your knife out to an awp.'

edit: related, is there a way to bind autoswitching after you make an AWP shot, or would that gently caress with every other gun.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah. And like someone else said, you can use the "last weapon" shortcut bind for this with some success I think... But, I long ago disabled my bind for that because I would occasionally switch to something I didn't want not realizing it was my last used weapon.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
pretty good game between liquid and CLG right now, just hit double OT

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

twitch poo poo the bed for me and i can't watch the c9 vs liquid finals

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

KIND OF FUCKEN SERVER IS THIS

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Photex posted:

KIND OF FUCKEN SERVER IS THIS

Was just about to post this lol

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Was just about to post this lol

Casters response was pretty good something like "the kind of server where liquid plays really well"

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like as time goes on I'm getting worse at this game. Problem is, I was never any good anyway :qq:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

simple 4k vs c9 with a knife on stewie2k so good.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Cloud9 are knifing and shooting s1mple's corpse every time he dies and Twitch chat explodes. I love this stupid grudge they have

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

fennesz posted:

I feel like as time goes on I'm getting worse at this game. Problem is, I was never any good anyway :qq:

Same here, I feel you.

Although it could be that I just don't play that often anymore, and I'm getting bad because of that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

canoshiz posted:

Cloud9 are knifing and shooting s1mple's corpse every time he dies and Twitch chat explodes. I love this stupid grudge they have

BULLY

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Irukandja was a good pickup

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Same here, I feel you.

Although it could be that I just don't play that often anymore, and I'm getting bad because of that.

I've pretty much stopped caring too. I can't even really warm up any more either. My internet is only good enough to play CS for a few hours a night so I just queue when I get the chance. Sad thing is, now that I've deranked to MG2 games are legitimately harder than they were at MGE purely because half of the time I'm usually paired with someone deranking or someone that quit and left us with a bot.

Just finished a game with two people deranking and one super drunk guy that just disconnected a few rounds in.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
c9 c9 c9

Google Butt posted:

Irukandja was a good pickup

theyre fuckin doin it :vince:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I hope simple is on tilt because he's getting owned by freak

mcvey posted:

c9 c9 c9

same

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Should have gotten a tan and some friends.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Some really bad play from Liquid on Cache.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Holy shroud.

e: .05 seconds left on the bomb. :vince:

symbolic fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 21, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

That 360 kill whoa

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That 360 kill whoa

Sure, why not have a ridiculous shroud moment to cap off the rolling of Liquid

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

After starting down 0-12 on dust2 c9 went 49-19 in the remaining rounds.

https://gfycat.com/HelplessIncompleteAphid

mcvey fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 21, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That 360 kill whoa
https://www.livecap.tv/t/ibuypower/uP6t1qfQgeD

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Steelseries Rival 100 - good mouse?

Bear in mind I'm working with a 2$, 10 year old optical no-name mouse with a frayed cord, so I ain't looking for my mouse to be able to give me a blowjob; simply something affordable that will work well. My hands ain't too big, so I don't want to buy a Rival 300.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I have no idea what kind of rival I have but it's good and I could probably look it up in my amazon history.

Edit: I guess it's just the basic kind?

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 21, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

I have no idea what kind of rival I have but it's good and I could probably look it up in my amazon history.

Edit: I guess it's just the basic kind?

that's the 300

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
SteelSeries makes decent mice, but they seem a bit pricey for what you get. I have a orange kinzu v2 that looks great and works pretty well, its well built and feels durable, but something about the buttons and sensor just feels a bit off to me, probably from a lifetime of using Logitech mice. It was sub $10 though on a clearance though, so I can't really complain. As far as cheap mice go you can get a Logitech g100s for around 20 bucks compared to Steelseries' 30 dollar+ pricetag. Probably the biggest thing I can give SteelSeries is they offer an unusually wide range of colors and designs which tend to lean towards simple and elegant instead of loud and futuristic.

e: vvv ergonomics is a pretty big thing too, ideally you'd want to get a feel of how the mouse feels in your hand at Best Buy or a computer store because if it doesn't fit your hand well using it is going to suck, bad.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 21, 2016

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

dex_sda posted:

Steelseries Rival 100 - good mouse?

Bear in mind I'm working with a 2$, 10 year old optical no-name mouse with a frayed cord, so I ain't looking for my mouse to be able to give me a blowjob; simply something affordable that will work well. My hands ain't too big, so I don't want to buy a Rival 300.

I hear you on the price thing, but to throw this in for info, I have used computers every day at work/for gaming for 15 years or so. I lasted 2 weeks with the rival 100 that I bought because "really, how much difference can a mouse make? it's all just marketing for children" before I was getting such bad pain in my wrist from using it that I went out and spent £50 more on my zowie. I don't regret the zowie,I do regret the rival 100

e: I should add, I don't know exactly why the Rival 100 caused me such pain. Possibly because it's bigger than can comfortably fit in my hands, and for some reason that means it feels heavier/more sluggish. Also the sensors in it are cheap, low-quality things so maybe that meant I was having to make lots of micro adjustments? Who knows, but I honestly recommend forking out the extra $28 for a Zowie Fk2

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 21, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

I hear you on the price thing, but to throw this in for info, I have used computers every day at work/for gaming for 15 years or so. I lasted 2 weeks with the rival 100 that I bought because "really, how much difference can a mouse make? it's all just marketing for children" before I was getting such bad pain in my wrist from using it that I went out and spent £50 more on my zowie. I don't regret the zowie,I do regret the rival 100

I was thinking of getting a zowie FK1 or FK2. How's the size on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

dex_sda posted:

I was thinking of getting a zowie FK1 or FK2. How's the size on them?

I have smaller hands and it's great, so much more comfortable than the rival. This is assuming a claw grip by the way, rather than a palm grip.