Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Danknificent posted:

Eh, people lose 45-100 bucks every time they buy something from Ubisoft or try something early access. Gaming occupational hazard.

So I'm dumb and don't play many videogames.

But what exactly did Ubisoft and EA do that makes hating them a prerequisite for being a citizen? I've never understood. :shrug:

E:

MilesK fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Fooma posted:

This seems to imply that it's a collection of quotes from his WC irc. Not necessarily quotes made by him. Could this just be a bash.org for this specific chatroom from all users in there, archived by a bot to the database on the website?

Yeah, "LOAF" refers to him in specific apparently. They also read in a very similar manner. The other quotes have the irc handles with them.

The closest I would say is that maybe it was his buddies collecting the quotes to rib him about how dumb they were, like a twitchbot quote thing, but drat.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ezekeel posted:

What a waste. The obvious answer is: Soap.

Ben could easily make 4,000 soap bars.

And , im never going down that road of thought again... That got dark quick and now im going to work.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Fooma posted:

Wait wait wait. Are we overreacting here?

This seems to imply that it's a collection of quotes from his WC irc. Not necessarily quotes made by him. Could this just be a bash.org for this specific chatroom from all users in there, archived by a bot to the database on the website?

Well, he did say it was his "joke site". He pretty much owned up to it, then signed it with his name in black permanent marker, and then put up a bright green neon sign that said "YEP LOOK AT THIS I DID THIS". And a bunch of other mistakes in between too.

There was a point in which I was somewhat sympathetic to Ben but seriously gently caress him. Makes Sandi look good by having eaten those donuts in front of him, the sack of poo poo deserved it.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Check out the comment section, pretty weird, only one guy commented on it, and he looks like a CIG employee.

He actually reply's his own comment as if it was another person lol.

I'm almost completely convinced it's a brand management company posting this stuff.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Furia posted:

I was somewhat sympathetic to Ben but seriously gently caress him. Makes Sandi look good

thats when you know you're king of the shitters

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I still can't believe we made star citizens today defend hitler as a "strong leader". Just goes to show you how rabid the base is.

With that have a good night.

paaarp

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

Ben could easily make 4,000 soap bars.

And , im never going down that road of thought again... That got dark quick and now im going to work.

They could give out small gift bags at his funeral to his friends and family so beloved Benjamin would always be with them in memory and a fresh Lavender smell.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
I just want to know what the article was that Lowtax refused to post years ago. He should still have it in his email. Someone tweet Richard. I'm just the ideas guy.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

SomethingJones posted:

I'm almost completely convinced it's a brand management company posting this stuff.

Also look at the time difference.

first post is 16 hours ago
The one he replies is 6 hours ago.

Gotta sell them ships eh.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Lime Tonics posted:

I still can't believe we made star citizens today defend hitler as a "strong leader". Just goes to show you how rabid the base is.

We need an emote that's :xcom: but for reddit

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Lol Derek is on fire today, its been a while since I'v seen him tweet this much.
Like a loving barrage.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

Mostly to keep brave riders of goondor from spreading the truth about Ben-ghazi. :911:

<lights the signal fires>

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Fooma posted:

I just want to know what the article was that Lowtax refused to post years ago. He should still have it in his email. Someone tweet Richard. I'm just the ideas guy.

I'm sorry, what's this?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Galarox posted:

Yeah, we should go to Asia... they probably have a lot of cheap Asian pr0n over there... #10379

HOLY poo poo

:five:

Dude, you're legitimately brilliant.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So has any competing game company tried to poach a poo poo ton of Citizens yet by offering a 5-10 dollar discount on purchases with a verifiable Star Citizen account?

That Angel's Falls First stuff looks exactly like what Star Citizen dreamed of being.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Furia posted:

I'm sorry, what's this?

BanditLOAF posted:

GOD DAMNED LOWTAX WONT POST MY loving REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loving HOTLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #18,789

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
so, very distastefully, i checked the derek smart reddit

yup, the narrative is already "derek smart is digging up poo poo to make it look worse than it is, that was the past; i don't care about anything that comes from DS/goons or whether it's true or not. For that matter, whether scumbags are getting paid with the money we donated, either.'

ofc i know none of that is true, he posted the site himself, goons found all the creepiness (and it's not buried)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Quoting for posterity.

I've not yet caught up and I'm getting tired, just assume I now fully believe Derek Smart about everything, his predictions can be out because of the way he receives information but my tipping point has been reached. I made a promise that I'd let you know when I was convinced and that happened a couple of days ago and has nothing to do with :lesnick:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So has any competing game company tried to poach a poo poo ton of Citizens yet by offering a 5-10 dollar discount on purchases with a verifiable Star Citizen account?

That Angel's Falls First stuff looks exactly like what Star Citizen dreamed of being.

I've been saying that the day SC collapses into a ball of fire frontier should just hand out the core Elite for free or at the very least discount the entire thing with horizon. It would be a brilliant sendoff to Chris

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

grimcreaper posted:

Well, to be fair, my minority friends and I love to insult each other. As our old motto dating back to highschool is "If you think ive crossed the line, then you know ive hit my mark."

This is true. A buddy I work with who's Jewish actually encourages me to joke about his heritage because he thinks it's really funny. But there's always an energetic understanding that we're joking. I would never, ever, in a million loving years, post those jokes on a website without the unspoken understanding that comes along with it.

Funny, this is the only persistence CIG has managed to deliver to date.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

They never think it's a big deal.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Decrepus posted:

*zoom in on Ben's face with Curb Your Enthusiasm sound like when Larry David did something really hosed up*

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Lmao at the past two days

Just lmao

From disco not giving a gently caress about what he says during a 3 hour stream to Ben being an even more disgusting person than even thought possible

Just lmao

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

I still can't believe we made star citizens today defend hitler as a "strong leader".

Wait where?

This sounds amazingly dumb and I want links to show to people I know who are interested in this kind of drama but don't feel like reading 3000+ pages.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I've been saying that the day SC collapses into a ball of fire frontier should just hand out the core Elite for free or at the very least discount the entire thing with horizon. It would be a brilliant sendoff to Chris

The day SC is buried, make Arena free :v:

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Ben why were you archiving your racism? Lmao

Why would you save any of that to a public website

Just why Ben

Lmao

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Siva68 posted:

But I always assumed that if I wanted to kill people, I could at least get a classroom worth. #18,017

I don't know what to say about all this, it's ironic that the reason I started to have serious concerns about Star Citizen in 2013 was because I couldn't believe anyone sensible would put :lesnick: in charge of anything other than toilets.

I've posted on SA for years and I'm completely disgusted.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Caught up with the thread again.

Never before have I been so clearly reminded of this thread's mantra: 'There is always more and it is always worse'. I just can't stop :f5:ing anymore; we're riding this deranged rollercoaster all the way to hell and we need some sort of melodramatic Latin American music to go with it.

Looking through his website on screen 2, the madness is increasing and I'm half afraid I'm going to start hearing desperate cries of 'Tekeli-li!' in the distance as some horrible things manifested by this crazy boil into our reality.

:munch:

'Another good trick is to have three regular cheeseburgers. Incidentally, five dollars will get you 3 bacon cheeseburgers and two things of fries at Wendys. This is now referred to as "that thing with three burgers". Hence I say to my brother "Hey, pick me up that thing with three burgers, here's a five." #21,444

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They never think it's a big deal.

I think 8ace is right though. The online media is going to dig into this, it's too much of a goldmine not to. They'll care now when they can do somewhat damage control or they'll care when they get asked for comment on the article(s) being written about it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

I can safely say I've seen non gibberish text. A single note on the table 'Beware of the dark. That's where I can get you.'

Obviously you know nothing about dream development. Perhaps dreaming isn't the pasttime for you.

<snicker>

(P.S. FWIW, I am tossing positive karma as I can on the Reddit threads. I've already been buried and the 8+ minute delay between posts is too much for my ADD to handle.)

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

I feel like the guy in googlebutts avatar

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ezekeel posted:

What a waste. The obvious answer is: Soap.

That would raise the bars a few levels.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ewe2 posted:

OK I hesitate to call this a comedy parody, and I can't believe I'm feeling slightly guilty for using a Michael Jackson song but...oh god..

* Lyrics
* Originally I wasn't even going to add accordian but it sounded too angry.
* Ben is a creepy motherfucker, pass it on.
* Musicians have the weirdest ways to deal with trauma.

:justpost: more music!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

G0RF posted:

If Sandi and Chris let him stay as "The Director of Online Strategy, Community Engagement (and Spaceships)" they are tacitly endorsing the claims by The Escapist. Sandi's alleged racism will been seen as validated if she doesn't take this seriously.

They are going to have to create distance between themselves and Ben for their own sake. And they will.

Ben needs to resign and write his Mea Culpa. It will still look horrible but this is Crisis Management 101.

Step 1: Containment.

They have no choice -- none. Derek will beat them bloody with this. They should've already removed themselves- Ben and Sandi both- from the spokespeople roles.

Beyond that, the internal Foundry / CIG Culture is rife with doubts, resentments, unspoken furies and griefs. There are people-- lots of them -- who will demand CIG management takes action. This stain can spread from Ben's Journals to CIG's own brand and stain the resumes of anyone working there.

"Out, out drat spot..."

This crisis came out of nowhere and surely now is in the Top 5 list of Unforced Errors-- which is no easy list to crack. But it demands immediate action and will result in it, as surely as the sun rises...

It's not just Derek beating them bloody. The list includes pretty much any sentient being that has something resembling a soul.

AND a bunch of bloodthirsty Goons, too!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Guys, I just have to say this.

We see shitizens as an abomination. Smart capitalists see shitizens as an amazing business opportunity.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Turd Burglar posted:

Ben why were you archiving your racism? Lmao

Why would you save any of that to a public website

Just why Ben

Lmao

This archive of horrible Lesnick quotes is such a golden treasure trove my first thought was that it has to be fake and planted by someone as a honey pot, so they could later make fun of the Goons for believing it was real. But no, it is real. And I still cannot believe its magnitude of self ownage involved.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No way should Frontier or any other company try to attract the shitizens. Do you really want all these creepy cultist and their toxic behaviour in other games?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm still 200 pages back, and you guys are making fun of the smell of ammo but how many of you have actually gotten high off of gunpowder and gunsmoke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ideate posted:

god damnit

I am sorry guys

I really am

I googled this for some reason

anyway here it says he's not going to tell you or something and then has links to a couple things

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/

like this

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/photos

I am sorry guys

there is always more

and it always gets worse

drat YOU!

drat YOU ALL TO HELL!

I met Bruce Campbell back when they were showing The Man With The Screaming Brain. See I could handle both of us wearing glasses, because, you know, a LOT of people wear glasses.

But THIS, may you ROT IN HELL (and not a cool one like in iD's games), is TOO drat MUCH IN COMMON!

• Locked thread