Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This is not actually a bad idea, because pineapple has enzymes which tenderize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Picnic Princess posted:

Give it to me then you gigantic weirdo

good take it. :colbert:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This looks so good.

Pick posted:

This is not actually a bad idea, because pineapple is delicious

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

:syoon:

Would, the whole thing, by myself

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Who the gently caress are you people and why do you want to eat that monstrosity?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Cooked pineapple with meat filling does not seem like a good combination of textures. Just my opinion.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They probably discard most of the pineapple. It's like when people bake a whole fish covered in salt. You don't eat all that salt.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

This looks good.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

Who the gently caress are you people and why do you want to eat that monstrosity?

People who have tasted the glory of grilled pineapple.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Agreed - I would eat the grilled pineapple all by itself.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ham and pineapple are a match made in heaven.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

That pineapple would have a crispy salty bacon outer texture, which would add to the fruit, then you get the softened, sweetened meat that's in the centre. I'm not getting the flaw here. Not a meal for every day of the week, but I bet it's nice.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Marenghi posted:

pineapple ... does not seem ... good

Fixed that.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SneakyFrog posted:

and must be pinappley as all gently caress.

Good.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

de la peche posted:

That pineapple would have a crispy salty bacon outer texture, which would add to the fruit, then you get the softened, sweetened meat that's in the centre. I'm not getting the flaw here. Not a meal for every day of the week, but I bet it's nice.

yeah hot drat that poo poo looks loving amazing
like the whole PUT BACON ON IT trend is stupid as gently caress but pork-grilled pineapple-bacon is a pro-tier combo

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Grilled pineapple is food from heaven, especially if it's been spiced. We go to a Brazilian churrasco place in Sydney that ends the bbq with spiced grilled pineapple and it's fantastic.
So, basically : would, would would!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the pineapple thing looks like roadkill but I so would.

For me this thread is about superfoods, I work in food retail so see the result of the latest fad all the time. If it's not kale they're asking for its chia seeds or loving qinuoa.

And although it's way back ITT a lady did ask me for dried lavender last week.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pineapple pork (chops, tenderloin) has been a regular contender in my kitchen for several years. Cook peppered pork in with pineapple chunks, then remove pork to rest, reduce juice with some soy sauce and sugar into a glaze that goes on the pork and is eaten with the pineapple. The pineapple is sweet, tender, and literally bursting with flavor - it's like what you wish fruit gushers tasted like.

I see no problem adding bacon to that mix.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pineapple is a weirdly divisive food. And also delicious.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Go team pineapple! I just wish the shells were easier to deal with. Get on it, Monsanto!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Go team pineapple! I just wish the shells were easier to deal with. Get on it, Monsanto!

It's not shell, it's skin!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Roro posted:

It's not shell, it's skin!

It's standing in the way between me and the part I want to eat. That's all that matters. :argh:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's standing in the way between me and the part I want to eat. That's all that matters. :argh:

True courage is eating the skin as well.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Roro posted:

True courage is eating the skin as well.

Too bad that I'm a coward and a weakling!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

You are a hitler if you like pineapples.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TontoCorazon posted:

You are a hitler if you like pineapples.

I googled Hitler and pineapples and now I hate Adam Sandler even more than I did. THANKS TONTO!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I googled Hitler and pineapples and now I hate Adam Sandler even more than I did. THANKS TONTO!

Nice

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am at a bar wherein they serve a 2oz drink in a pineapple and charge $20 for it. gently caress pineapple. (I normally like it but my bullshit meter is too high)

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I love pineapple and last week my girlfriend and I killed off a whole one in one sitting between the two of us. I discovered, via my toungue, why pineapple enzyme is used as a meat tenderizer.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am at a bar wherein they serve a 2oz drink in a pineapple and charge $20 for it. gently caress pineapple. (I normally like it but my bullshit meter is too high)

LOL u poor

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's pineapple abuse.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

bunnyofdoom posted:

:lol: Caveat emptor biiiitch!!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom posted:

I love pineapple and last week my girlfriend and I killed off a whole one in one sitting between the two of us. I discovered, via my toungue, why pineapple enzyme is used as a meat tenderizer.

Wait, wait wait... the Commonwealth spells tongue as toungue?? That's going a bit far

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I didn't buy it. Someone else at my table did. I had a rather poo poo sangria

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wait, wait wait... the Commonwealth spells tongue as toungue?? That's going a bit far

No that was a typo. Also I live in the USA so I guess they could, but I don't know

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If liking pineapple makes me Hitler then I don't want to be Churchill.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

If liking pineapple makes me Hitler then I don't want to be Churchill.

New thread title please.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Who cares what kind of crazy he was, their soap is great.

Unless you're my last roommate and use the hand soap to wash dishes. poo poo does not cut grease.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Pineapple is one of the best pizza toppings, the others being pepperoni and jalapenos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

baquerd posted:

Pineapple pork (chops, tenderloin) has been a regular contender in my kitchen for several years. Cook peppered pork in with pineapple chunks, then remove pork to rest, reduce juice with some soy sauce and sugar into a glaze that goes on the pork and is eaten with the pineapple. The pineapple is sweet, tender, and literally bursting with flavor - it's like what you wish fruit gushers tasted like.

I see no problem adding bacon to that mix.

Okay so I'm gonna need your recipe for this because your description just gave my tongue an erection.

And no I have no idea how this is possible.

• Locked thread