Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

Real talk Urias is hideous looking and I should have taken that into account before picking him up

this is known as the Mesorasco Constant

I think it works for pitchers though. Randy Johnson was one of the ugliest people on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010

Rand alPaul posted:

The only time I bench pitchers is when I'm up on ERA/WHIP against a punk rear end buster who drafted only closers in a feeble attempt to try to corner ERA/WHIP.

I loving HATE that

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

I think it works for pitchers though. Randy Johnson was one of the ugliest people on the planet.

World class moustache game counts for a lot in my book.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He is going for the Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn look I think.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

please steal a base or ten, mccutchen. it's getting to be that time where he absolutely floors it, right?

drat, researching now, looks like he's a lot more consistent than i thought. for some reason i always had it in my head that he flailed for the first two months and then just tore up the rest of the season. but it seems that is nowhere near the case.

well, please start doing cool baseball things, andrew :unsmith: even though your plate discipline has drastically worsened this season :smith:

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 28, 2016

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

Screen Door Slams posted:

Guy in my league cut James Shields to add Urias. Hopefully my waiver claim goes through.

Update: I got Shields.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Happy Darvish Day!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Derek Dietrich is cool

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Justin Upton was just dropped. Is he beyond redeemable or should I be mashing to pick him up?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

pick him up

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Justin Upton looks a lot better the past week or two so totally grab him. Puig is also looking better over the past 7 days.

Joey Votto is still uhh?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Screen Door Slams posted:

Update: I got Shields.

sorry for your loss

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

Justin Upton looks a lot better the past week or two so totally grab him.

I wouldn't say a LOT better... he's 8/30 with 1 rbi and no homers over that time, and he missed the 3 of the last 4 games. he's still riding my bench for now, too frustrating.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gallo and Urias are getting sent back down :waycool:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Gallo and Urias are getting sent back down :waycool:

Gallo got one PA

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Synergaard just got tossed in the third inning for throwing behind Utley. No on the field warnings, just ejected. This might torpedo my fantasy week :sigh:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Eduardo Rodriguez is replacing Buchholz in the rotation. To me he is a wait-and-see in a 10-teamer but there's serious upside there with his stuff (mid 90s fastball from the left side). Had some fantastic games last year and some horrible beatdowns too.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
marcus stroman why must you poo poo on my love

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My offense today is 7 for 34, with 5 HR and 11 RBI. Thank you for showing up today Buster Posey.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Is Yahoo scoring not working for anybody else? It was working when I went to bed last night but today it doesn't have any scores for Saturday games for anyone in the league and has X's by all the players showing they didn't play.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm enjoying Mark Trumbo's career year.

Michael Corleone posted:

Is Yahoo scoring not working for anybody else? It was working when I went to bed last night but today it doesn't have any scores for Saturday games for anyone in the league and has X's by all the players showing they didn't play.

It's not just you. I'm not in any Yahoo leagues this year but a bunch of ppl are bitching about that on another forum I read.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Yeah yahoo is messed up, waivers didn't process last night either.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Looks fixed now :)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

Looks fixed now :)

Waivers are still hosed.

edit: Gattis is catching again! 2 more starts til he gets eligibility. :dance:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 29, 2016

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

Poque posted:

sorry for your loss

I mean, is there really anyone in this thread who wouldn't drop Trevor Goddamned Bauer to pick up James Shields?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Starting Velasquez against the Cubs was, uh, not a great idea.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Super Two cutoff date is coming. The latest it's been recently is 61 days into the season which would be around June 5th. We could see Taillon, Turner, AJ Reed next week? Anyone else?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This week has taught me why I hate having bench bats. Played Story, sat Lindor, missed a homer. Played Lindor, sat Story, missed a Story homer. Played both yesterday, missed a Vmart homer.

:argh:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

The Super Two cutoff date is coming. The latest it's been recently is 61 days into the season which would be around June 5th. We could see Taillon, Turner, AJ Reed next week? Anyone else?

There's some rumors that the Astros will bring up Bregman before Reed because they have a bigger need at 3B and dude is crushing AA. I've got him stashed in a few leagues, he's got SS eligibility and would get 3B if called up.

intensive purposes
Jul 1, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

Villar owns. Was anyone even talking about this guy preseason? Leads the league in steals now

I had heard zilch about him until I looked for someone in free agency to replace Tulowitzki while he's on the DL. Today Villar went 2/2, 3 runs, 1 RBI, 1 SB... yes please!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm either too late or too early on people. I first picked up Blackmon in 2011 (or was it 2012?), Dee Gordon first year, Alcides Escobar first year, and Villar a couple years ago. All of them sucked.

Didn't believe in JD Martinez, Arenado, Machado, etc, and missed their breakouts.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I would've won WHIP and ERA this week if I hadn't accidentally benched Odorizzi again. :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Pussy Boss posted:

Turner already has service time from last year, I think 40 or so days, but tomorrow is the first day the Nats gain an extra year of control on him. Because of the way the service time works, he'll finish this year with 171 out of the 172 days in a service "year" if called up tomorrow. It would not shock me if he's already packing to get on a plane tonight.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Wow Ozuna has definitely been the best free agent pickup of the year for me, he's putting up video game numbers. I picked him up early on most of my teams :dance:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doghouse posted:

Wow Ozuna has definitely been the best free agent pickup of the year for me, he's putting up video game numbers. I picked him up early on most of my teams :dance:

Bryce Harper is the lowest ranked player in my JBJ-Ozuna-Harper OF.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This Kershaw guy is pretty good I think

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Harper is just pretending to suck right now so people will pitch to him again.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Im looking to add 1 solid and consistent starter (era, low whip).

J. Nelson (having a stellar year)
J. Tomlin
N. Karns
D. Strailly

Thoughts?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can of Cloud posted:

Im looking to add 1 solid and consistent starter (era, low whip).

J. Nelson (having a stellar year)
J. Tomlin
N. Karns
D. Strailly

Thoughts?

Tillman Karns or Eovaldi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010

euphronius posted:

Tillman Karns or Eovaldi

More than Tomlin and Nelson? I don't know the consensus on Eovaldi.

• Locked thread