Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
-1 to Fitumo

Count: 4 (8?)
Remaining: none

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
+1 Mason

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

+1 Mason. The cows need something to take them down a peg.

Wisps: 10

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Fortuna, goddess of Luck
1/3 HP

She was struggling now, but Fortuna knew that she had a little left to give for the People of Somewhere, and the Fortugnat in particular. As close as she was to Paradice, she heard Legendairy's announcement, and a chill went through her at the thought of the moosiles being used against the Great Cave. What peace the Fortugnat knew could be shattered in an instant.

Power whispered to her from among the Verre, an artifact that she could, even in her weakened state, put to use. But first she felt drawn back to the Great Cave, where the laughter of children was music to her ears, and the sorcerisk practitioners became even more daring. Water was still anathema to the Fortugnat, but she knew of water wheels that could make things easier for them to grow and multiply. Fortuna dared the sorcerisks to create a wheel that could be turned by the current of the water around the island, and in turn would spin gears and create many more opportunties for the Fortugnat.

She warned them that Somewhere was still not safe for them, as Legendairy of the Laitache was still on a warpath for the heads of the so-called "Dice Demons." But she also promised that she would do what she could to protect them. "My time here grows short," she sighed, "And I will return to the skies in a much lessened state, but I will always be watching you." Fortuna blessed the children who had grown up never knowing fear, and departed to seek the Verre.

"You have a godly artifact," Fortuna said, "Something that we can use to bring peace back to Somewhere, if we use it correctly. The Truth-Wall-Scroll."

"Use it to convince the Winged Heavy Laitache that Legendairy is WRONG. He wishes to wage war against the Forugnat with a terrible weapon and it will bring ruin to all of Somewhere if he does. He must be stopped."

Verre use Truth Wall Scroll on Heavy Winged Laitache: 1d20 4

Fortuna trembled.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

+1 Fortuna

What goes up, must come down.

WC 4

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+1 Fortuna

Wispings: 8

We can do it, an age in which no god dies prematurely.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
+1 Fortuna

The bold favours Fortuna.

10th Wisping

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Dog Kisser, must a God *roll* for artifacts' use? Couldn't a God deliver instructions for a follower to activate an artifact, and then use their god-action roll to create some other (un)holy effect within the realm of their powers?

In other words, does sending a person on a quest require a god-action roll?

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

+1 to Fortuna holy gently caress I forgot I had a + left yessss

This wisp has meowed four times.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
+1 to Fortuna's propaganda machine.
+1 to Tezcota's silver-plated sarcophagus.
+1 to Fortuna's Caste War.
(May the Great Moocoup Coup be a messy one)
DSMG's wisp actions taken: 11 [0+,0-]

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 2, 2016

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
-1 to Mason

Wisp Count: 10
Wisps Remaining:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

-1 to Mason

4 Wisp-actions. None remaining.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Man.

Whoever is the first to app the God of Cow Tipping is going to strike gold with this audience. Like yeah, I suppose the Fortugnat have it kinda bad, but that is because of lovely luck, not because everyone is super invested in tearing them down for no reason.

stop cow cruelty

+1 Gulm

Wisps: 4

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Theantero posted:

Whoever is the first to app the God of Cow Tipping is going to strike gold with this audience. Like yeah, I suppose the Fortugnat have it kinda bad, but that is because of lovely luck, not because everyone is super invested in tearing them down for no reason.

stop cow cruelty

The beatings will continue until Legendairy stops being a facist Moosolini rear end in a top hat.

I'll not see a repeat of Deesix.

No more tyrants.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 2, 2016

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

-1 glum

11th whisper

Sorry, buddy.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
+1 Tezcota

Wisp number 12

Waci fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 2, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

-1 Fortuna

Wisping 8.

No +s or -s left.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
+1 to Fortuna.

Death to the tyrants.

Wisp actions: 4

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

"I desire your toil, sacrifice it to me."

Tezcota watched the last of the age before him. The crash course of Legendairy's pride, the potential victims of his Moosiles. Sacrifice meant destruction, but destruction through consent. Risk was Fortuna's domain. War was... War was coming he supposed.

Across the river from Chromeport rested a great silver hill, untouched. It would serve.

Toils-In-Silence got to work, using its great labors to carve into the silver of the hill. Hidey-holes, store-rooms, underground reservoirs of water and whey, glass-veins that focused the light from the outside in.

The ChromeDome would be a place to hide should the flying mountain, or the Moosiles, strike havoc among the people of the city.

Tezcota stalked through the Glasstrees, looking for one that was close to its own natural end. Even Fitumo might not begrudge him utilizing the Wilds in such a manner. Tezcota carved it into a great door, runes and glyphs drawn around it. "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass."

Finally, he returned to Chromeport itself, passing a warning to the residents. He pointed their observatory toward ParaDice, and gave them one last set of instructions should the worst happen - Safety in the ChromeDome

Create a Moosile Shield/Bunker (The ChromeDome) for the people of Chromeport. Roll = 9

And then a request. "A tomb." He asked of the people, laying down to end the age with them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

-1 to Fortuna

and that's all folks! 4 wisps, out of juice until next time.

Edit: OOPS!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

This seemed appropriate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
+1 to Fitumo

Wisp count: 5

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

+1 Mason

Wispings: 4
Remaining:
Spent: ++--

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
-1 Mason, because Legendairy is a neat antagonist and I'd prefer he be undone more organically

Wispings: 4
Remaining:
Spent: ++--

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
-1 to Mason

The time draws near.
The Veil rips.
4 Wisps

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
-1 Mason

We need Cow Hitler to be undone by his own hubris.

Weakening: 4

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I hope my failed curse makes him smarter :allears:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Dog Kisser, must a God *roll* for artifacts' use? Couldn't a God deliver instructions for a follower to activate an artifact, and then use their god-action roll to create some other (un)holy effect within the realm of their powers?

In other words, does sending a person on a quest require a god-action roll?

A God can absolutely send someone out on a quest without a roll, but a roll can strongly increase the likelihood they'll do better. Short of a natural 1 roll, rolling will almost always improve their chances rather than decrease them.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I hope my failed curse makes him smarter :allears:

Maybe the curse wasn't strong enough to make ALL of him stupid. Just the parts responsible for stuff like common sense, impulse control and risk assessment :v:

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 Fortuna
Wisp count: 11

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I think you misunderstand (moosunderstand?) what Fortuna is doing, Theantero. Convincing part of the population to turn against Legendairy could avoid war and may end his campaign of terror over one of the five peoples of Somewhere (the Fortugnat). This isn't an anti-Laitache move, it's an anti-Legendairy-and-moosiles hail mary. :colbert:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

-1 to Mason, between the curse and his footsoldiers turning on him, it'll be more entertaining if Legendairy stays competent enough to understand just how hard he's been hosed over.

Definitely voting Legendairy for the CYOA tbh. :haw:

Wispo #4

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
This wisp possesses only a - and does not wish to use it as he agrees with all that is occuring.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

+1 Tezcota
Let's just tip this little contingency plan over into success.

Wispiness: 11

Influence Exhausted.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
A wisp, barley cognizant of the goings on of Somewhere nonetheless wishes it to thrive.
+1 Fortuna

Wispings: -> 4
Remaining: +-
Spent: -+

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if I counted right but I think all the ones that needed to get to 10 are at 10, so +1 Glum

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
I think you need to be at 11 to not lose HP.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Currently riding down to a godly death at 8. How low can we go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aabcehmu posted:

I think you need to be at 11 to not lose HP.

Well, on the one hand its the last round anyway but if someone wants to get through the age and still have an artifact...

I'll need to think on this.

Edit: I wound up doing a coin flip. +1 Fortuna, 11th wisp out of 12 votes. Sorry Glum.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 2, 2016

• Locked thread