Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lil Dawny:

Max posted:

This post seems a little too . . . hedgy.

Perhaps we'll have to . . . give you a trim.

Tree pun.

Like I said, this was sort of jokey because I was tied up with the Adahn stuff at the time it happened, but AA was on my radar for his super hedgy post. Quid posting about it reminded me that it had happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Murmur Twin posted:

How is that you believe that

(a) AA thinks Adahn is acting scummy, and
(b) AA is scum

at the same time? Don't those contradict?

...because people, as scum, will fake opinions on town members in order to get them mis-dunked?

How is this even a question MMT :psyduck:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

...because people, as scum, will fake opinions on town members in order to get them mis-dunked?

Yeah, I'm not parsing that either.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
is mmt scum

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I disagree with you Max, but I'll leave it be.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, I disagree with you Max, but I'll leave it be.

:shrug:

What are your feelings on mmt?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

:shrug:

What are your feelings on mmt?

Meta reads can be problematic to begin with, but I have to disagree about Quid tunneling when he's scum. Maybe it's personal bias, but Quid usually digs into one person and goes for blood wether he's scum or not.

MMT themselves...the reliance on meta game arguments and semantics makes me feel a bit uneasy. I find most town day one votes are based on 'feels' or 'lynch the dick' but he's trying to find almost nonexistent inconsistencies and exploit them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidnose posted:

On a phone for the next few hours.

Your exact words were "yes I think you think Adahn is scummy". Not "you're acting like you think..". I think it's an important distinction because if it were a real case you'dve used the latter phrasing.

Yeah its nitpicking but it jumped out at me

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

A slap fight arose on how we should play the game(which for the record, I think is scummy in hindsight, Max and Adahn both end up mafia dadding and dictating the best way for us to play) and I point out that their were valid points from each viewpoint.

Waiting for others to weigh in on the matter, when more than half of our 9 player playerbase had not checked in is not inherently scummy, and trying to mediate what seemed like the beginnings of a town slapfight is not either.

My suggestion was missing a crucial point, which was that there's a good chance of lynching scum without the help of power roles.

Everyone but you picked up on this rather innately, so we're left with the question of why you responded differently.

As for me, I've played many more games face-to-face than I have on the forums, so not being able to read people's expressions has me grasping for power roles, fake claims, and other tangibles. I also haven't gotten used to the 'joke phase' and have slipped up because of it.

I see that you're now hedging by saying that if you get lynched you'll still be around due to getting tree-stumped (per my suggestion?) but that feels a little forced.

I'll reiterate, this could be your personality at play, but until I get to know you (and other players) better I'll tend to judge reactions equally.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

My suggestion was missing a crucial point, which was that there's a good chance of lynching scum without the help of power roles.

Everyone but you picked up on this rather innately, so we're left with the question of why you responded differently.

As for me, I've played many more games face-to-face than I have on the forums, so not being able to read people's expressions has me grasping for power roles, fake claims, and other tangibles. I also haven't gotten used to the 'joke phase' and have slipped up because of it.

I see that you're now hedging by saying that if you get lynched you'll still be around due to getting tree-stumped (per my suggestion?) but that feels a little forced.

I'll reiterate, this could be your personality at play, but until I get to know you (and other players) better I'll tend to judge reactions equally.

Did they though? And how is that even relevant to finding merit in your course of action and then questioning why you thought scum would think said plan was a good idea. Again, I'm not following.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like what you're saying now is disconnected entirely from what I said and questioned. I don't see why you think it's some scumtell either. I am legitimately confused.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Like what you're saying now is disconnected entirely from what I said and questioned. I don't see why you think it's some scumtell either. I am legitimately confused.

It's more that you were doing some serious fence-riding when you initially posted about it, and almost literally said "I'm gonna wait for others to weigh in."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

It's more that you were doing some serious fence-riding when you initially posted about it, and almost literally said "I'm gonna wait for others to weigh in."

But that's not the point he's making at all.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I will need clarification on this alleged ah-ha moment he had, and for quid. He just sinks his fangs in and shakes until he or his target are dead and I can't even take him seriously when his initial casing and subsequent quote expanse on me were inaccurate and misconstrued seemingly intentionally.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont think i buy aa is the type of person to come out the gates trying to play town mediator on a mechanics argument b/w adahn1986 and max

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im thinking to think whether i buy him going "hmm in retrospect max and adahn1986 both seem pretty scummy by mafiadadding us" when trying to defend himself as well

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like its abundantly clear to me that this is a set up and the points on me aren't the home run scum tells they've been made out to be.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

quidnose, analyse that post from scumitude

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i dont think i buy aa is the type of person to come out the gates trying to play town mediator on a mechanics argument b/w adahn1986 and max

Not to talk about ongoing games but I just spent a good amount of time mediating mechanics arguments in another game.

Also it was the only to go on.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

Hah, I hadn't really read the game before answering that but apparently my answer seems to be the consensus. If anything I say we turbo someone to accelerate the process by which people are forced to make in-game decisions.

##vote Moatillata - I eenie-meenie-miney-mo'ed the playerlist.

Mmt.. are you and lil D the scum team? I just re-read the thread. You're seeming suspicious. Also, is that gasoline you're holding?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

quote:

I don't see anything inherently scummy in my play, nor do I see how it can come across as artificial, but I know I can't stand for belligerence as a means to solving the game. I'm a tree and aligned with the Forest. Even with the ability to become a stump, I refuse to be bullied and coerced with bad votes on me.

are you referring to my and adahn's votes as the bullying and coercion

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

do you think either of us (me, adahn1986) r scum, aa

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

quidnose, analyse that post from scumitude

I'll do it for you.

Quidnose: scum post. Thinks its a set up, it is and here's why we should still vote him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

do you think either of us (me, adahn1986) r scum, aa

I think you make a lot of poo poo tunneling votes across games and don't take you too seriously, but I can't tell your scumplay apart from your townplay as a result.

Adahn im more wary of, I thought he was town and suppose he still could be, but he's doing what quid was doing and misconstruing my statement and my question and comparing it against something else entirely.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lol I drove to carmax and it immediately started raining uber heavily why is god mad at me now ive been nice to quidnose all day

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

lol I drove to carmax and it immediately started raining uber heavily why is god mad at me now ive been nice to quidnose all day

maybe the rain is slowing you down so that something worse doesn't happen

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I didn't say you were a slam dunk, in fact I asked whoever it was to explain why THEY were so convinced as to why they thought my case was cut and dry.

What I saw is what I saw and how I interpreted it is based on that. I am not sure about you now AA because I don't think you'd come in hard with THIS IS AN OBVIOUS SETUP as scum, you'd probably just ignore all of this.

MMT's hyper semantics argument seems fake to me. I'm more interested in what she is doing because I do not understand it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Long day, going to bed early.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the storm knocked out my power when i got back what a sick farce of a life I live

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

the storm knocked out my power when i got back what a sick farce of a life I live

I will never gently caress with quidnose

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Mmt.. are you and lil D the scum team? I just re-read the thread. You're seeming suspicious. Also, is that gasoline you're holding?

This is twice you've brought me up without a case, just throwing my name out and seeing if it sticks?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Li Dawny posted:

This is twice you've brought me up without a case, just throwing my name out and seeing if it sticks?

How does it feel to you? Why are you not scum?

Also MMT? Quid said something as did I. What say you?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
And while I'm at it. Infinitum what are your reads? What do you think of mmt? What makes you so sure that I am scum bro number one? Also who do you think my quote scum bro unquote is. I'll be back in an hour to check in with you all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just you big boy.

Just you.

:frogc00l:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum can you case Moat?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Just you big boy.

Just you.

:frogc00l:

:bigtran:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Infinitum can you case Moat?

Planning on it later this evening when I've got time to put it together.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Planning on it later this evening when I've got time to put it together.

:munch:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You want a case, here's a case.
I will avoid using the 'bet my beard' posts to make it, as I don't need them anyway.

Moatillata posted:

MMT- it looks like you've voted for almost everyone at this point. Town

Adahn is town. quidnose makes a compelling case on AA and dongs sure is posting an awful lot. Also, for someone (infin) who's personal crusade is to murder all lurkers there is a good deal of lurking occuring.

In summary: I would vote for AA, dongs, Infinitum or lil d right now.

First up this post.

Now a couple of things to take note of:
- Moat knows I've been on an antilurking campaign, as he mentions
- If you know enough about me to know I'm super against lurking, you obviously know my playstyle as well
- I'm a high volume poster, and generally am within the top 3 posters via post count.
- Infinitum =/= lurker, so why is he calling me out for lurking

So none of this makes really makes a lick of sense at this point in the game as well:
- You'd expect joke posting phase to last at least around 24~ hours when D1 is 48 hours long.
- At the time of this post the thread has only been open for 8 hours.
- People are at work, people are asleep, people have poo poo to do, etc.

So it doesn't really add up to a valid call out post.
Nothing about it makes sense if you consider all of the above

:siren: [bIt's too early in D1 to be doing a serious, light analytical/callout post + Moat knows my playstyle and high volume of post = Super weird post that is scummy as loving hell[/b] :siren:

Which is why I call him out on it:

Infinitum posted:

##vote Moatillata

This isn't a joke vote by the way

You're scum.

There's 2 days left in the game and you're trying to get me for lurking in the 8 hours the threads been opened.

I guaran-loving-tree you Moat is scum.

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early in the day to be having a serious crack at analysing the game and serious posting D1.

Straight up that post alone is enough to convince me Moat is scum.
Nothing groks about it.

So what does our boy Moat do, immediately after being called out and 2 votes placed on him back to back?

Moatillata posted:

Max- I know you have the hots for me secretly but I didn't vote anyone.

Lil D - I just wanted to call you out a bit and see your response.

MMT- wanted infinitum and I to weigh in. I did so.

The only thing I am into right now is photosynthesis this is a fact. If lynching me will make you feel better, feel free but all you'll get is a stump.

Immediately drops the case he made for me and starts focusing on other targets again.

A player, as town, is always going to be super suspicious of everyone.
Why would Moat drop his case for me in this follow up post?
Why would Moat redirect the case he had on me to the fact that it was merely MMT asking the both of us to check in

:siren: Because he can't push that avenue of attack for me as 'scum' anymore. :siren:

:siren: If he was town, and was continuing to hammer me for being a 'lurker', wouldn't you immediately follow up with a "Why have you been lurking" or a "Where have you been post"? :siren:

When I call him out on it again he follows up with:

Moatillata posted:

I'm glad I called you out because you are waaaaay overreacting.

I liked lil D's response better.

Except it's not an overreaction at this point, as I'm calling him out for something scummy and now he's trying to back away and dance away from it.

"Oh Inf you overeact so much haha"
"haha look how Australian Inf is, don't pay attention to him"

If you look at Moat's posts for the rest of the day he really only mentions MMT, Quidnose, and to a lesser extent LilD.
:siren: Would you not be casing EVERYONE at this point if you decided to break joke posting early to serious post and case people? :siren:

Yes I'm tunnelling Moat hard, but I wouldn't have had he not hosed up by calling me out in the scummiest manner possible.

Moat, you asked me before who I think scum team is? It's you+MMT for your weird as gently caress weird interactions.

Sooooo
To make a long story short.
Vote Moat. He'll flip scum.

I've already voted him, but lets hammer the point home again and get the train rolling.
##vote Moat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

• Locked thread