Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really appreciate the callback to Dr Dome and Benson not giving a poo poo since he's again hyper-focused on something much more mundane but a personal white whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, that Hi-5 "coming out" joke was so great.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm so glad that this season is focused on Rigby getting his poo poo in order. It makes for much better viewing than Mordecai making a mess of things, which was the theme of last season.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thomas is back!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I laughed so hard when Thomas fell right into the water.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This thread is dead AF. I know this show hasn't felt the same lately, but still, ignore the hosed up attempts at plot and this show is still able to deliver when it tries hard enough. I guess people really miss CJ.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Part of the problem is they moved the show to Saturday.

That said, Gary's Synthesizer was an amazing episode.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Twas indeed, we really need to see more of Skips' supernatural crew from time to time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

It was a good episode about David Bowie having to return to his people.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That synth battle was badass.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Ziggy really sounded like Actual David Bowie (and would be really cool if it was him since it'd be the last role he did before he died), but as far as I can tell CN didn't air any credits for RS tonight so I can't check.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

kefkafloyd posted:

Ziggy really sounded like Actual David Bowie (and would be really cool if it was him since it'd be the last role he did before he died), but as far as I can tell CN didn't air any credits for RS tonight so I can't check.
Nah, I was thinking Jemaine Clement.
It could just be one of their regular voice actors, though.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 10, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

This thread is dead AF. I know this show hasn't felt the same lately, but still, ignore the hosed up attempts at plot and this show is still able to deliver when it tries hard enough. I guess people really miss CJ.
This season is so much better than the last one. It's easier to watch a character succeed (Rigby this season) than to see one constantly fall on his face in the most frustrating ways imaginable (Mordecai last season). And there are more episodes this season where it's just the guys getting into bizarre situations, even if many of them are callbacks to previous characters and situations.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

JazzFlight posted:

Cartoon Network's been dicking around with credits lately and it's bugging the completionist in me. I need to know!

Jemaine Clement would also be a very good guess, his Bowie impression is pretty much flawless. I'm usually pretty good at picking this poo poo out.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

Well, he didn't sound like Gary.

That said, I laughed like a maniac when the garbage muppet pulled his head off and immediately "died", followed by the ambulance to take him away.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Robin Atkin Downes voices Gary and it's extremely easy to google.

E: Oops, didn't know there was a new episode. Ziggy is definitely Jemaine.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 11, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JazzFlight posted:

Definitely sounded like Jermaine to me.

Also yeah, I busted out laughing at the guy ripping his own head off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Two Bowie episodes.

:unsmith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Regular Show: Bowie Tribute Cartoons

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did like how the fake Mordecai was literally just JG Quintel.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

All the Cube Bros. corresponded to the other park guys? I guess I should have figured since one of them had Fives's hand for his hairstyle.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Adventure Time/Regular Show Saturday evening block has been scrapped and both shows will return to Thursday, starting this coming week with a new Regular Show where Rigby will be going to prom with Eileen. I can't wait to see how many John Hughes movie references will be crammed in to this one. You know there will be a few.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Thank goodness, if I didn't know better I'd think CN was trying to kill Regular Show off. I keep forgetting that it's back because of the timeslot change and the total lack of advertising, I haven't seen a single episode since it moved to Saturday.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yeah, the suspicion among a lot of people was that Cartoon Network was trying to kill off Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I heard that they advertise the Saturday block pretty heavily during their Thursday night block of new episodes of their other shows. Whether they did or not, it certainly didn't help either show's ratings.

Also, the giant robot anime episode of Regular Show was on last Saturday.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Check it out, Benson takes a bike ride:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=476_1462189029
(possibly :nws: for language)

I can totally see a Regular Show animated version of this with the original audio and Benson as the bike rider.

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 2, 2016

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Any word from Quintel or the rest of the staff on the long term plans for this continuing dome thing?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I hope it ends with Pops going apeshit and destroying stuff.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
Did anyone else notice they lifted a scene from Monster Squad? They killed fake Muscle Man exactly how they killed the Mummy in the film. Mind blown.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Is this show good again or is it still about Mordecai's loving girl problems?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sitchelin posted:

They've moved past that a while ago, and tend to make fun of him for it whenever it gets brought up.

Feels like the show was focusing more on Rigby for a while to kinda balance that out.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Ethiopian food!!???

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Right now it's Dome 2: Nothing makes sense anymore.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sitchelin posted:

A lot of this season has been focused on Rigby and how he's getting his life in order by getting his high school diploma. Needless to say, it's easier to see someone succeed constantly than to see someone fail constantly.

More recently, they put the dome back on the park, for reasons that will probably be explained later on.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What made Mordecai's girl problems so horrible was that C.J was just a better and more interesting character than Margaret, they even have some episodes where it feels like she's become a permanent part of the cast and not just a vehicle to get in the way of Mordecai/Margret, have some dumb break up, spend time getting them back together, and then break them up AGAIN. It was so absurd, like there was some bet from the production staff about how much they could stretch it out before someone told them to stop. That entire season was such a waste but it feels like the show has righted somewhat now. I'm not the biggest fan of "Rigby getting his poo poo together" episodes since they feel a little samey but they are a million times better than what we had to go through before.

I wonder if they will ever acknowledge that mess.

EDIT: I'm digging the running gag of Benson being obsessed with some minor problem that's pissing him off or mundane work thing and ignoring the grander issue that normally would be a big revelation.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 9, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Radish posted:

I wonder if they will ever acknowledge that mess.
I don't remember any specifics off the top of my head, but I know they've made several jokes about Mordecai being horrible with relationships. So it's definitely not lost on the showrunners.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

JG Quintel ‏@JGQuintel Jun 26
The season finale of Regular Show airs on Thursday. It will never be the same again.

So god knows what they're planning on how to shake things up.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Wiki says it's a half-hour. What could possibly go wrong with Rigby's graduation day?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I hope Pops goes apeshit again and destroys the dome.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
^Yeah, they really did leave that up in the air, while seeming to indicate it would be more important down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Croc posted:

JG Quintel ‏@JGQuintel Jun 26
The season finale of Regular Show airs on Thursday. It will never be the same again.

So god knows what they're planning on how to shake things up.

CJ comes back and the next season is all Mordecai getting inside his own head about Margaret instead of the other way around episodes.

• Locked thread