Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Ofaloaf posted:

.I'm looking forward to your take on Rome II.

It would feature Mojitos because they are amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Groogy posted:

You really don't know me? I would torch Rome and laugh manically and profess my eternal devotion to Zeus and the rest of the Greek Pantheon.

fixed

We all know the truth. ;)

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

fixed

We all know the truth. ;)

You're taking what I said and reforge into a lie. How very Roman / Greek of you. You do know in the only true empire such things are punishable by death.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Groogy posted:

You do know in the only true empire such things are punishable by death.

The executions in Tawantinsuyu are brutal indeed.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If you want to add zombies to a game that doesn't even have a semblance of a pop system what are you even doing?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

If you want to add zombies to a game that doesn't even have a semblance of a pop system what are you even doing?

I did a submod for the Elder Scrolls CK2 mod where Draugr exterminated the inhabitants of provinces (and the living recolonised provinces conquered from Draugr) using culture changes determined by events and province modifiers

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
We need Victoria 3 before Rome, to tie together EU and HoI, and a Svea rike steam release.

Then make a steampunk dlc for victoria 3, and cash in.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

We need an Attila game before Rome II, so that it can all be properly connected to CK2.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
East V West II

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ofaloaf posted:

We need an Attila game before Rome II, so that it can all be properly connected to CK2.

Prolly don't want to cover the Muslim Conquests. :can:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

AUTHENTIC Mohammed portrait.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Just have Rome II last until 1453. :v:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

AUTHENTIC Mohammed portrait.

CK2 handled Mohammed really well though:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

nutranurse posted:

In those times people died VERY early.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

nutranurse posted:

HOI4 handled the Swastika well too. Paradox plaza and Reddit on the other hand.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Development on CK2 winding down https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fcrusader-kings-2-dd-14-the-road-ahead.957206%2F. 2 -3 more expansions will probly be all done in 12 months. Predicting CK3 in 2018.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
China DLC confirmed.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

China DLC confirmed.

Second to last DLC: China

Final DLC: Eunuch, Temple, and Bureaucrat factions for Confucian realms.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

V for Vegas posted:

Development on CK2 winding down

:unsmith:

You did good, buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

"Way of Life like DLC" is the phrase that really catches my attention here.

I don't know what it is, but I want it.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

I've been posting some flag poo poo over in the HoI4 thread for my mod set in the modern day, but I was looking at a comp I put together tonight and thought I might share it in the general Paradox thread since I'm assuming you guys are as big of flag nerds as I am even if you don't like HoI4:

Click for embiggened image.

This is the first 290 unique flags I've done. There's obviously a lot more to do!

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Maybe the Czech communist flag could have its star rotated so one of its prongs aligns along the blue/white border

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The Fascist Germany flag should be in Red-Black-White.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Not everything has to be a callback. I get the feeling that a lot of modern european fascism would end up actually wanting to distance itself from 20th century fascism.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Not everything has to be a callback. I get the feeling that a lot of modern european fascism would end up actually wanting to distance itself from 20th century fascism.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Huh I'd never seen the North Korean flag with a taeguk instead of the star, that looks so much cooler. You came up with a bunch of really obscure flags for that wow.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ExtraNoise posted:

I've been posting some flag poo poo over in the HoI4 thread for my mod set in the modern day, but I was looking at a comp I put together tonight and thought I might share it in the general Paradox thread since I'm assuming you guys are as big of flag nerds as I am even if you don't like HoI4:

Click for embiggened image.

This is the first 290 unique flags I've done. There's obviously a lot more to do!

lol @ the ISIS flag

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Would you be able to ideologically shift ISIS

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Playing a Democratic ISIS game, trying to get accession into the EU. Getting my rear end kicked-- tips?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Playing a Democratic ISIS game, trying to get accession into the EU. Getting my rear end kicked-- tips?

Can only be accepted into the globalist conspiracy if you're communist anyway.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
ISIS is going to join the Fascist Faction with UKIP-UK and FN-France

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

If Daesh goes democratic or communist, it becomes New Arabia. :)

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

ExtraNoise posted:

If Daesh goes democratic or communist, it becomes New Arabia. :)

I don't like ISIS!!!!

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

'Islamic State' makes sense as the fascist version of a hypothetical pan-Arab state.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Thank god, a symbol I can embrace which has not been perverted by ancient Buddhists.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

I just got Victoria II because of the sale. Is there any sort of sane tutorial for the game? Because the budget seems nearly impossible to balance if you want to have enough money to actually do anything.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I just got Victoria II because of the sale. Is there any sort of sane tutorial for the game? Because the budget seems nearly impossible to balance if you want to have enough money to actually do anything.

Kersch made a pretty good tutorial LP for Vicky 2, if that'd help.

I suspect your specific problem is that you're keeping land maintenance at full in peacetime - it's like EU in that you generally want to have land maintenance near zero if you're not planning on doing any fighting in the next few months. If that's not the issue, I'd need more details about who you're playing to be able to give useful advice.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
^^^ dammit

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Read this as your starting point. That's the best idea I've got.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

That's going to be the case for a while (although it depends a lot on your nation). Tax efficiency starts very low - so you want to max out taxes on everyone just to counter it (apparently they don't really mind a nominal 90% tax rate). Raising tariffs also makes a big difference but be wary of making them too high - if your people can't afford to import the goods they need your economy will very quickly go into a death spiral. I tend to go for 10-15%, but you can fiddle with it until your budget balances out nicely.

You'll also want to slash the budget across the board. As mentioned above cutting your military maintenance budgets during peacetime is a no brainer, but you'll probably have to keep stuff like admin and education around 50% for a while, too. Once you start getting techs that improve taxation efficiency you'll be able to afford to raise these up to 100% easily but until then get used to being pretty broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

That's going to be the case for a while (although it depends a lot on your nation). Tax efficiency starts very low - so you want to max out taxes on everyone just to counter it (apparently they don't really mind a nominal 90% tax rate). Raising tariffs also makes a big difference but be wary of making them too high - if your people can't afford to import the goods they need your economy will very quickly go into a death spiral. I tend to go for 10-15%, but you can fiddle with it until your budget balances out nicely.

You'll also want to slash the budget across the board. As mentioned above cutting your military maintenance budgets during peacetime is a no brainer, but you'll probably have to keep stuff like admin and education around 50% for a while, too. Once you start getting techs that improve taxation efficiency you'll be able to afford to raise these up to 100% easily but until then get used to being pretty broke.

In hundreds of hours of V2, 100% tariffs have never been a problem for me. I usually only lower them once I'm making infinite dosh anyway so my factories can be even better.
If you're a lovely tiny nation on rank 100, your people won't be able to buy goods either way.