Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Posts

The BBW's Ultimate Guide to Fat Sex
Observations on Dating and Banging Girls in the Philippines
How to Beat Your Girlfriend or Wife and Get Away with It
Why Fat Girls Don't Deserve to Be Loved
How to Crush a Girl's Self-Esteem
Mommie's Duress: How Narcissistic Mothers Break Their Children
How Much Money Do You Need to Live in the Philippines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm suddenly super thankful that the random socially awkward guy I talked to at a pokestope freely gave me detailed instructions about what specific edge of the lake the Dratini hang out on and didn't do anything besides eyeball my cleavage and sort of radiate anxiety

I want to catch 'em all, but not that bad

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
What a fruitcake. I really hope people can detect that guy's bullshit from a mile off, I'd hate to think he actually fools anyone with that crap.

Speaking of which, does any of that PUA poo poo actually work for these guys? I mean the stuff that isn't 'go to the gym, do things that make you a more attractive prospect'. I'm talking about the bullshit pop-psyche stuff about how to get inside a women's head.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

i like that posted:

Observations on Dating and Banging Girls in the Philippines

I think he means "hiring prostitutes."

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ocrassus posted:

What a fruitcake. I really hope people can detect that guy's bullshit from a mile off, I'd hate to think he actually fools anyone with that crap.

Speaking of which, does any of that PUA poo poo actually work for these guys? I mean the stuff that isn't 'go to the gym, do things that make you a more attractive prospect'. I'm talking about the bullshit pop-psyche stuff about how to get inside a women's head.

Probably, but I doubt at any higher a success rate than they would have talking to a woman any other way.

Keep trying, and you're eventually going to find someone who will gently caress you.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Ocrassus posted:

That's a really great question. Like something a child would ask. Really great.

....is it working?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Ocrassus posted:

They're less likely to complain about the fact that my fetish is having a dwarf poo poo on my chest. :mrgw::nexus:

emakil me

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i dont get it

edit:

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Space Poodle posted:

That's a really great question. Like something a child would ask. Really great.

....is it working?

Idk.. The reason I asked is I'm trying to come up with the ultimate nice guy strategy to get this person to marry me.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Ocrassus posted:

I'm guessing some of the "game" smooth-slick bullshit "works" in that they try it on a woman who has decided she going to gently caress tonight no matter what, and the dudes attribute it to their game instead of luck

I'm sure some of the manipulative poo poo works. Probably a distressing amount. Especially with younger women. A lot of people assume that the way their first long-term relationship went is normal, and then are hell of surprised later. Not just regarding manipulation, but basically all human behavior and interaction.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I'm guessing some of the "game" smooth-slick bullshit "works" in that they try it on a woman who has decided she going to gently caress tonight no matter what, and the dudes attribute it to their game instead of luck

I'm sure some of the manipulative poo poo works. Probably a distressing amount. Especially with younger women. A lot of people assume that the way their first long-term relationship went is normal, and then are hell of surprised later. Not just regarding manipulation, but basically all human behavior and interaction.

Also I had a friend who was a self defined PUA, it get's even crazier than manipulation and smooth slick bullshit. Sometimes it sounds like a creepy battle plan.

"Take special notice of any girl sitting at the bar. You should look for ones toward either end of the bar that have nobody sitting next to them. Once they have ordered their drink you immediately sit down next to them and begin. Being located at either end of the bar when you introduce yourself to the mix you are cutting them off from the large majority of the room and focusing their attention. If they have ordered a drink then they have no excuse to ignore you and you will catch them off guard as they were focused on receiving the drink and haven't had time to process what they would do after that. If you strike at the right moment they will be socially disoriented"

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

way to loving rip off a perfectly good john waters quote and alter it to suit your manchildish needs, sir drycock m'ladybane

John Waters posted:

We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t gently caress them.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

post the door theory

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

thanks in advance, me

"Whereas most patterns are about getting a woman into bed, The Door is aimed at controlling her after you've started sleeping with her. Other patterns that you've used on her have anchored immense pleasure to you. The Door creates an anchor for the loss of that pleasure.

You've already had intercourse with the girl. The ideal setting for the power of the door, which is a power and control pattern, is right after you've had intercourse and you're in bed with the girl, and at this time hopefully you've set up the fact that you're also the man of her dreams and fulfil her emotional needs. You're fooling around in bed, you've already had a great time, and you go, "sweetheart, what's that over there?" and you point towards the door. And she'll say, "well you know, that's a door, silly." And you say, "yeah, you know.. I'm a real positive person, but.. I mean, can you imagine.. I mean, you don't know what can happen from day to day, when you think about it in your mind. I mean, what would happen if I walked out that door and the door closed and as the door closed, it slammed shut, and no matter what you did, you could not open the door and you knew that you would never be able to look into my eyes again and you'd never be able to hear my voice again and you'd never be able to feel my touch again." Ok, right here is where she starts going, "I don't like this door business at all." And at this time you just reassure her.. "ok, alright sweetheart, you're right. You really shouldn't think about the door and you really don't have to think about the door." So you go back to playing around with her some more. Have some more fun with her, bring her to another orgasm or whatever and say, "you know, a terrible thing happened the other day. My friend was hit by a truck. I mean, it was awful, by the time they got him to hospital he was dead. I can't believe it, you know? It's almost as if, it would be a horrible thing you know when you think about.." (point towards the door) "..that no matter even if you were to get that door opened and you were to search, that you could never find me again.." Then she starts freaking out. You calibrate more on that part of, "you will never be able to see me again, you'll never be able to hear my voice again."

"You'll never be able.. all that fun we had together, all those great times we had together, walking along the beach, hand in hand in the moonlight, we would never be able to do those things again and even if you were to open that door, you would search and you could never find." And she's at the point where she's saying, "no no I hate this door. Let's stop this door now, are you trying to upset me?" And you say, "oh, I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm just saying these are just things that are popping into my mind, ok?" So play around some more. Get her good and nice and hot again, fool around, have a good time with her, joke, and then then get back into the door and say, "you know, God, still you know, about life's tragedies.. I mean, I just keep on thinking how.." At this point you can already see that this is starting to make her feel uncomfortable. You want to create that sense in her that you can walk out and she'll feel terrible for the rest of here life. You want to anchor that response. I'll get up and she'll say, "well what are you doing?" And I'll say, "I'm going to the bathroom." I go up to the bedroom door and slam it. That right there will freak her out. Then I'll open the door and say, "oh, I'm sorry. You know, I'm sorry, I'm just playing with this door again. You know, you really shouldn't think about this door now and you really don't want to think about this door now."

Having anchored that sense of loss and pain to the door, you can trigger it whenever needed. Whatever negative behavior may come up that you want to stop, the first time you just get up and slam the door. Whether you walk out the door depends on the level of bullshit. On later occasions you can just indicate tbe door in some manner. The example Alex gives: If he's talking on the phone and getting any crap from her, and he knows the relation of where the door is to her desk, he says, "sweetheart, could you please turn right and take a look at what's over there.." and that was the end of the bullshit."

edit i dont like this door business at all

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

People need to learn that their first long-term relationship was probably poo poo. Young adults do cruel things, they really hurt each other (and often regret it later).

I don't mind people trying pick-ups or asking me out, but there's a really manipulative angle that some of the approaches use, and many of the people who try it don't seem to understand the difference. Basically, if your approach "traps" a person there, e.g. by leaning on common courtesy/good manners, it's lovely. "Hey babe, you are hot, want to go somewhere and have sex with me?" is not manipulative. It's forward, and I might say no, but I'm not offended. "I've had the worst day of my life, and if a beautiful woman like you doesn't talk to me, I'll kill myself," is manipulative as hell.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Who even has time for all of that, jesus.

Edit: Actually read it. Manipulating women like some kind of pavlov conditioning where the bell is emotional manipulation and the meat powder is an orgasm? The gently caress? Who does that?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The gently caress? Who does that?

:yikes:

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Who even has time for all of that, jesus.

Edit: Actually read it. Manipulating women like some kind of pavlov conditioning where the bell is emotional manipulation and the meat powder is an orgasm? The gently caress? Who does that?

Guys who gently caress. idiot

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i trained my cat to roll over so i can put a lil treat on his fluffy tum tum

he's not here with me right now though, so lonely :(

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

didn't do anything besides eyeball my cleavage and sort of radiate anxiety

Go softly into the night gentle Goon(s).

Also I will kill myself if you don't help me catch this Abra.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Pick posted:

i trained my cat to roll over so i can put a lil treat on his fluffy tum tum

he's not here with me right now though, so lonely :(

imagine if you... *glances at the door* gosh i just cant stop thinking about... i mean what if you couldnt see the cat again and... *points to the door* im just saying what if you could never pat your cat again and you never heard your cat pur again and... oh whats that over there? *gestures wildly and repeatedly at the door* it would be really sad if *suddenly runs and dives headfirst at the door*

naem
May 29, 2011

MEAT POWDER

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lonesomedwarf posted:

imagine if you... *glances at the door* gosh i just cant stop thinking about... i mean what if you couldnt see the cat again and... *points to the door* im just saying what if you could never pat your cat again and you never heard your cat pur again and... oh whats that over there? *gestures wildly and repeatedly at the door* it would be really sad if *suddenly runs and dives headfirst at the door*

*points to pussy*

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

People need to learn that their first long-term relationship was probably poo poo. Young adults do cruel things, they really hurt each other (and often regret it later).

Nobody knows what works or what the hell they're doing to each other at all at that stage of life, they just know what kinda works for them and gets them whatever attentions they're craving and they're gonna keep doing that until something breaks.

Teenager-hood is an unfortunate series of experimental phases for everyone, but ye gods people can be loving awful to each other at this point in their lives. I'm just so glad no one was taking screenshots of my insufferable rear end when I was at that age.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I know it's cliche, but generally speaking women just like communication. Did you accidentally murder your baby brother when you were a baby? Hey, man, tell us that, don't just start inexplicably howling like a pig whenever you pass by the baby wares isle. Did you watch your best friend drown in a completely avoidable puddle? Okay, we won't go for walks when it rains. Did you lose your penis in a wacky motorcycle escapade? It's okay, there are other avenues to orgasm and I never wanted a motorcycle anyway. Did your mother used to crouch at the foot of your bed with a baseball bat and "if you get morning wood I will loving smack your balls until you cum blood"? That's pretty messed up, ha ha, moms, am I right? We should probably live a state over.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
if all that talk about doors and cats or whatever has any of you girls feeling on edge, none of the doors in my home close right (or at all) so just txt me

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
*points at Cat Door*

naem
May 29, 2011

Pick posted:

I know it's cliche, but generally speaking women just like communication. Did you accidentally murder your baby brother when you were a baby? Hey, man, tell us that, don't just start inexplicably howling like a pig whenever you pass by the baby wares isle. Did you watch your best friend drown in a completely avoidable puddle? Okay, we won't go for walks when it rains. Did you lose your penis in a wacky motorcycle escapade? It's okay, there are other avenues to orgasm and I never wanted a motorcycle anyway. Did your mother used to crouch at the foot of your bed with a baseball bat and "if you get morning wood I will loving smack your balls until you cum blood"? That's pretty messed up, ha ha, moms, am I right? We should probably live a state over.

H-hold me

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/ingmarbirdman/status/186596755549327360

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
*gestures towards pile of meat powder*

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

please dont ask the ladie itt to text you. its really creepy and uncalled for this is just a place to relac and chat and make fun of Nice Guys.

edit please email me

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i didnt read this at first and just saw the last line and thought "yeah whatever jerk" but then i read the whole thing and i thought "nice 1 lol"

edit it wasnt really the last line it was the last part of the final word structure. i cant use the word that you would normally use for this because i can never remember if its an "a" or an "e" that i should use when i talk about words. please dont cyber bully me over this or call me illiterate

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

I'm suddenly super thankful that the random socially awkward guy I talked to at a pokestope freely gave me detailed instructions about what specific edge of the lake the Dratini hang out on and didn't do anything besides eyeball my cleavage and sort of radiate anxiety

i'm a man and the amount of time i've had to waste dealing with women pretending to 'have questions about the game' only to try and hit on me two minutes into the conversation is really taking away from my ability to enjoy playing, at night time at least.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

it used to be the tallest in the world but its not anymore. the world is a funny place

i cum bcuz it tried its best

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

acool the door thing sounds tight going 2 take my relationship from like 2 love thanks

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

extra stout posted:

i'm a man and the amount of time i've had to waste dealing with women pretending to 'have questions about the game' only to try and hit on me two minutes into the conversation is really taking away from my ability to enjoy playing, at night time at least.

Shallow bitches always trying to get in my pants by faking an interest in being the very best, like no ever was.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Also I had a friend who was a self defined PUA, it get's even crazier than manipulation and smooth slick bullshit. Sometimes it sounds like a creepy battle plan.

"Take special notice of any girl sitting at the bar. You should look for ones toward either end of the bar that have nobody sitting next to them. Once they have ordered their drink you immediately sit down next to them and begin. Being located at either end of the bar when you introduce yourself to the mix you are cutting them off from the large majority of the room and focusing their attention. If they have ordered a drink then they have no excuse to ignore you and you will catch them off guard as they were focused on receiving the drink and haven't had time to process what they would do after that. If you strike at the right moment they will be socially disoriented"

Man PUA poo poo really starts to sound like Rapist Planning Session stuff pretty quickly

Holy moley I'm glad I'm normal and have never had to work this hard or psychotically with women

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hey guys, this isn't ElGroucho, this is his girlfriend, just posting for him because he really rocked my world, sorry if you are jealous

Oh wow, sorry guys, how embarassing, that was just my girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
This aint me, this my gf, just wanna drop in and say that curdy is a big fat loving loser with zero ambitions in life and will soon wake up to a harsh adult world with no foundation to grow anything, trying to build a life upon nothing. I hope he dies.

• Locked thread