Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

This aint me, this my gf, just wanna drop in and say that curdy is a big fat loving loser with zero ambitions in life and will soon wake up to a harsh adult world with no foundation to grow anything, trying to build a life upon nothing. I hope he dies.

Put a ring on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

IMO the failing English school system has provided the best material for this thread

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Hey guys, this isn't ElGroucho, this is his girlfriend, just posting for him because he really rocked my world, sorry if you are jealous

Oh wow, sorry guys, how embarassing, that was just my girlfriend

Reminds me of the time in college when Crazy Audrey decided to hijack my computer and proceeded to IM my family members who were on-line and pull something like this and that was the day I found out my mom thought I was gay.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

if you really want a laugh I only did it because some other kid wore a top hat all the time and his nickname was 'tophat' and was fairly popular so I was like 'why does he get to have the only cool hat'

:)

do you live in an archie comic?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm gonna get some beers in a cooler and go enjoy the nice weather this weekend at the park catching Pokémon and drinking some beers :allears: also gonna have some Burger King

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm gonna get some beers in a cooler and go enjoy the nice weather this weekend at the park catching Pokémon and drinking some beers :allears: also gonna have some Burger King

Wish I had a family to do that stuff with.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lol my dude I'm going to get drunk by myself, my girlfriend works all day and she is PISSED I'm going to catch Pokémon without her :bigtran:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What's the point ify catching Pokemon they can't curl up with you in bed and keep you warm at night

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Lol my dude I'm going to get drunk by myself, my girlfriend works all day and she is PISSED I'm going to catch Pokémon without her :bigtran:

Lucky. If my wife is working all day and I'm off, it means I'm watching the kids and not Pokčmon hunting. Or doing anything, really.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i'm gonna rock ur pussy again tonight baby just like last night ;^)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

oh wow i accidentally posted that on the something awful forums how embarrassing i hope nobody notices

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

this is brilliant

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

romanowski posted:

i'm gonna rock ur pussy again tonight baby just like last night ;^)

Can we get one of our talented goon voice artists to read out the text messages that inspired this, because goddamn

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Quoting from pages back because this kid rules.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tricky D posted:

Quoting from pages back because this kid rules.

He's the polar opposite of the nice guy- he's saying straight up what he's down for and not wasting anyone's time.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
That kids got game like a wow expansion

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

ElGroucho posted:

Hey guys, this isn't ElGroucho, this is his girlfriend, just posting for him because he really rocked my world, sorry if you are jealous

Oh wow, sorry guys, how embarassing, that was just my girlfriend

Account sharing is banable isn't it?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I just got back from an art gallery with my wife and when I turned to ask her what she thought of a video exhibit I saw she was awkwardly trying to conceal the fact that she was playing Pokemon while simultaneously trying to throw a pokeball at the exhibit trying to make it look like she was reading the programme really closely.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Males of the world:
if she's catching pokemon at an art gallery, she's probably taken!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
That Door crap reminded me of this Nietzsche passage for some reason:

“There was a time in our lives when we were so close that nothing seemed to obstruct our friendship and brotherhood, and only a small footbridge separated us. Just as you were about to step on it, I asked you: ‘Do you want to cross the footbridge to me?’ – Immediately, you did not want to any more; and when I asked you again, you remained silent. Since then mountains and torrential rivers and whatever separates and alienates have been cast between us, and even if we wanted to get together, we couldn’t. But when you now think of that little footbridge, words fail you and you sob and marvel.”

e. from "The Gay Science"!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

The Door posted:

"at this time hopefully you've set up the fact that you're also the man of her dreams and fulfil her emotional needs"

:yikes:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

I like how EVERY TIME these idiots bring up "Waaah, men in sitcoms are always incompetent!" they always use Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens in which both genders are equally loving incompetent and broken.

plus when I watched Everybody Loves Raymond I always thought Ray was just trying to be a chill duder while his wife was a hysterical b*tch nonstop so idk that it really portrays anything 'good' about women other than I guess yeah she was good looking (is that all that matters to these people? yup)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

"Whereas most patterns are about getting a woman into bed, The Door is aimed at controlling her after you've started sleeping with her. Other patterns that you've used on her have anchored immense pleasure to you. The Door creates an anchor for the loss of that pleasure.
edit i dont like this door business at all

that's some D.E.N.N.I.S. poo poo right there

like woah dude these people have taken emotional abuse and refined it into techniques to get people to touch their weener that's hosed up as hell

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they should just get religion and say God demands their weiners be touched

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
The herd could be culled with a series of coming-of-age rituals involving games of chicken, jumping over angry bulls, and other feats of strength.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

that's some D.E.N.N.I.S. poo poo right there

like woah dude these people have taken emotional abuse and refined it into techniques to get people to touch their weener that's hosed up as hell

Yes, but first you have to demonstrate value.

*sad trombone*

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Space Poodle posted:

Yes, but first you have to demonstrate value.

*sad trombone*

You demonstrate value by being a nice guy. Haven't you been reading the thread?

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Moridin920 posted:

plus when I watched Everybody Loves Raymond I always thought Ray was just trying to be a chill duder while his wife was a hysterical b*tch nonstop so idk that it really portrays anything 'good' about women other than I guess yeah she was good looking (is that all that matters to these people? yup)

I never watch these shows but sometimes they're on mute in the background, and 90% of the time when I glance at the screen the wife is yelling at the husband about something. I know nothing about the plot other than "wife is pissed all the time".

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

radiatinglines posted:

they should just get religion and say God demands their weiners be touched

but they're all diehard atheis- oh, wow.

Checkmate, niceguys :smug:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

There's an episode where she botches Thanksgiving dinner. Like, the only thing I remember is Patricia Heaton in a bathrobe and slippers sliding around and struggling to pick a turkey up off the kitchen floor and then she just chucks it in the oven because gently caress it.

Ugh, why do they always show women as the smart ones?!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

the guy didn't turn into a slobbering rage monster when rejected and call her a selfish bitch.

unironically the best 'nice guy'.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
im just gonna bet that 95% of you are idiot

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

gently caress da Mods posted:

im just gonna bet that 95% of you are idiot

It's me. I am 95% percent idiot.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Everybody Loves Raymond presents a nightmare scenario of obnoxious people irritating one another for all eternity, as if trapped in some sort of family-themed purgatory.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
The only episode I remember of Everybody Loves Raymond was one where Debra was yelling at Ray about something, he brought up her being mean when she is on her period and played a recording of her screaming at him like a psychopath, and in response she burst into tears and was even more upset that he recorded her yelling at him.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The only episode I remember of Everybody Loves Raymond was one where Debra was yelling at Ray about something, he brought up her being mean when she is on her period and played a recording of her screaming at him like a psychopath, and in response she burst into tears and was even more upset that he recorded her yelling at him.

that sounds...uh...really funny....

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I just got a girl's number at a bar last night

not gonna call her because lol at calling some chick you met at a bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

She was legit the worst caricature of a shrew character you could have and I'm really amazed anyone would point to that as an example of 'female privilege' just bc the lady is more attractive than the dude (and tbh Ray wasn't even that dumpy so I really don't know what the gently caress).

Like when it was on and I was a younger kid it'd be 50/50 whether I'd switch to something else just bc Debra's constant yelling and freaking out was a little too much man.

• Locked thread