Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Lol if you read that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

That's some 50's mentality bro. Never met a guy who wasn't pleased by getting attention from women.

I mean...

lol just ask the women in the thread how being forward and open with their sexual advances will go.

Dudes I agree, it's dumb and gently caress those guys, but at the same time your argument is basically 'well women shouldn't care about what men think.' I mean yeah you're right, but in reality that's not how the cookie crumbles and in fact 'what men think of you' still has bearing on a lot of aspects of your life as a woman (unfortunately).

I mean obv there are woman who just dgaf and that's fine but they're usually the ones being made fun of for being dykes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

That's some 50's mentality bro. Never met a guy who wasn't pleased by getting attention from women.

Hate to break it to you but guys will definitely turn women down, and fairly often

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

darkhand posted:

I like Shakespeare and James Joyce, it's good. Prose is cool, but I dunno why you'd make it part of your sexual strategy

james joyce's letters to nora :wiggle:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Decebal posted:

Being happy about getting sexual attention from them and respecting them are not the same you oaf

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Snoo posted:

toot toot toot flarp flarp

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SneakyFrog posted:

some gay folk are just as bad as awkward dudes, sorry it isnt flattering at all for my junk to get the old grabbygripstroke as an initial introduction.

drat, can't say I ever experienced that.

What were you wearing? I bet you looked like a slut man.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Being happy about getting sexual attention from them and respecting them are not the same you oaf

I met a guy one time who thought mff threesomes were disgusting

he turned down his gf offer to have one and got mad at her

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

yeah just ask a Photuris

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CubanMissile posted:

drat, can't say I ever experienced that.

What were you wearing? I bet you looked like a slut man.

vinyl pants.

and yes i did but that was not an invitation.

VInyl pants suck.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo (and this may be controversial), no matter what you're wearing people shouldn't come try to grab your junk

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moridin920 posted:

imo (and this may be controversial), no matter what you're wearing people shouldn't come try to grab your junk

for realsies.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Pick posted:

Hate to break it to you but guys will definitely turn women down, and fairly often

Of course, attraction is involuntary, but why would they think they're sluts for showing some interest ? Where are you meeting these stereotype men ?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

Of course, attraction is involuntary, but why would they think they're sluts for showing some interest ? Where are you meeting these stereotype men ?

"It's the man's job to ask the girl out" is a pretty common mentality if you really start asking around.

"She gives it up too easily, who knows who else she's hosed?"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

"It's the man's job to ask the girl out" is a pretty common mentality if you really start asking around.

among both sexes as well

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Heard it more from women than men.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Anytime a girl has started conversation or contact with me, I've been very flattered. You'd have to be some ultra-punk to think a woman with plans is some sort of slut.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The Snoo posted:

ew god don't remind me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moridin920 posted:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SciFiDownBeat posted:

ew god don't remind me

dude really loved loving the farts out of his wife's butt

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

almost all minnesota

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

almost all minnesota

shut the hell up. I was born and raised in n minneapolis and challenge that notion.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
He also liked to stand behind Hemingway while Papa stomped the poo poo out of people in bars

World's most successful beta fart-smeller

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

Anytime a girl has started conversation or contact with me, I've been very flattered. You'd have to be some ultra-punk to think a woman with plans is some sort of slut.

Welp, lotta ultra-punks out there if this thread is any evidence!

I think the general sentiment is changing, but it's still fairly conservative in a lot of areas in this country and there's def a lot of the sex prudes out there.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Welp, lotta ultra-punks out there if this thread is any evidence!

I think the general sentiment is changing, but it's still fairly conservative in a lot of areas in this country and there's def a lot of the sex prudes out there.

I think you have a warped view of reality. Too much internet ?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

dude really loved loving the farts out of his wife's butt

wtf you didn't even acknowledge my firefly joke, and it was loving topical considerng the early owl city post got dammit mak0rz get it together

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Boy, if there is anything nicer in the world than hanging out somewhere and having a lady get your attention by cupping your upper arm, I don't know what it is

Get Beefy Bitch

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"If you want to have sex the first night we meet, I'm down," says Travis, 23, "but just don't expect me to call you the next day — or any day after."

"I think a lot of guys would stray from saying this because it would make them sound soft or too sensitive, but we don't really want the girl who sleeps with us on the first night. Okay, fine, some of us really do, but the majority of us are just saying that we do. We don't.

quote:

You know that expression 'You can't turn a hoe into a housewife'?," asks Quinn, 26. "I'm not saying that you should by any means call a woman a hoe, but I think that the point of the saying is pretty true. If I sleep with you on the first night, that's awesome, but I'm never really going to see you as much more than that. You'll be the girl that gave it up the first time we met."

quote:

"It's refreshing to meet someone who doesn't want to give it up all at once. I don't think it means you're easy if you want to have sex on the first date or even after the first night, but I'm way more attracted to a woman who knows how rare it is to have something to look forward to.

That last one isn't even bad really, it's just that dude's feeling on it but even so you can see how if a girl likes a guy she might be hesitant about first date loving.

And those took me all of 1 minute to find.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

wtf you didn't even acknowledge my firefly joke, and it was loving topical considerng the early owl city post got dammit mak0rz get it together

Nobody watched that show, is it like Star Trek or something

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ElGroucho posted:

it has yoda in it wearing a funny hat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

firefly as in lampyridae

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

firefly as in lampyridae

is that a nature channel documentary?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

Geez alright! Sorry! :mad:

I didn't recognize them and had to look it up. Holy poo poo:

Wikipedia posted:

These are the femme fatale lightning bugs of North America. This common name refers to a behavior of the adult females of these predatory beetles: they engage in aggressive mimicry, imitating the light signals of other firefly species' females to attract, kill, and eat the males.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Moridin920 posted:

lol at anyone who hasn't come to grips with the possibility that someone they're attracted to may have slept with a bunch of people they wouldn't approve of, and isn't at peace with it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
goddamn sirens

CubanMissile posted:

lol at anyone who hasn't come to grips with the possibility that someone they're attracted to may have slept with a bunch of people they wouldn't approve of, and isn't at peace with it.

yup well people are loving stupid.

there's a photo I linked pages ago with some dude going 'I think a lot about virginity and female purity.'

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CubanMissile posted:

just dont loving ask if you think you cant deal with it or if you have certain number expectations ffs :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I must just be a weirdo because generally the more sexual partners someone has had, the more attractive they are to me.

Like, a) clearly they aren't incapable of social interaction in a normal way and b) are probably reaaaally fuckin good in bed.

e: Oh and c) are probably not going to be hung up on dumb sex poo poo like 'eww blowjobs are gross and don't lick me down there either'

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's the only time I agree with the don't ask, don't tell policy. gently caress babies who want to hold poo poo against you from when you didn't even know them.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My discerning criteria: do I like this girl/guy? Then I'll go for it, that's it. It's crazy I have such strict standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

from an evolutionary standpoint, why is it necessary for use to reproduce sexually rather than asexually? was it so hard for nature to have sapient organisms that also reproduce via budding?

readin through the latest 10 pages, but lmao at this post

• Locked thread