Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

Dongs is getting really frustrating.

that's okay I will nk him tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
yeah why did i join a mafia game, especially an ecco mafia game rofl

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its like im intentionally signing up for pain and misery

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

we could dunk kord or somber or kfc, im opinion

i would love to lynch kfc

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ill just start it ##unvote ##vote kfc

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

someone who's bad at mafia is gonna be like "but why dongsbot 9000 i dont get it" bruh im not in a teaching mood just follow my lead

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I kind of like dongs for scum this past page or so.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ill just start it ##unvote ##vote kfc

let's do it
##unvote
##vote kfc

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

i will die tonight i hope

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
kfc is my bud im not lynching him today.

##unvote

[b]##vote pmom[b]

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
lets try again ##vote pmom

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You explaining your reasoning would be helpful

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Trying to bandwagon kfc is a nice reason on this very page

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Trying to bandwagon kfc is a nice reason on this very page

shh the grownups are talking

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

It's totally null, he's trolling and just wants out of the game. He should really replace.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Though KFC is a good callout.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Anyone who actually still believes I'm scum rn should probably just up and quit mafia altogether.

Look at the vote distribution. If I'm scum, why have none of my scumbuds jumped on one of the other votes and tried to take heat off me? There should be another case being pushed. There isn't, because scum is happy with this dunk.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

holy poo poo i know it's hard to get back into mafia after being away so long but you should wait a little while before outing yourself as scum

##unvote
##vote somber

a nonsense reaction that pin doubled-down on over several pages, until eventually just refusing to acknowledge that this happened.

Pinterest Mom posted:

please retire from mafia

huge overreaction to being called emotional scum by taste

Pinterest Mom posted:

Idk what a case for myself means? I'm town and it's obvious and the votes on me are really bad, especially Somber, who doesn't seem to actually believe I'm scum, and KFC's, who very pointedly engaged in disingenuous questioning while voting me.

disingenuous questions that pin has never once addressed. this is like 50% omgus.

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is concern trolling, not genuine. I've made my case on Somber, and it's good! It's not like he's posting a whole lot, which is, you know, smart of him if he's scum under suspicion.

I'm not going to fake content for you :angel:

a lurker callout at a point where i have more posts than the vast majority of thread. completely dishonest.

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

The scummiest thing itt is still this turnaround you had in about an hour, where you go from "nah he's not scum come on" to "well I guess we just have to kill him because he's not going to be useful" and I'm not interested in voting anyone else because I'm already voting scum.

100% dodging the two first point here, literally shrugging them off. pin can't explain their previous position honestly because it doesn't make any sense.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Think about the powerful message it'd send to the thread if we held hands and voted kord together

obvious self-preservation, instead of trying to push the case on me he shifts to the next most convenient target. i'm the case he's pushed most of the day.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'd take issue with "just" it's really more of a gradual thing, but yeah, it's not happening today and the exclusive focus on each other isn't good for the thread

they've been posting that i am scum consistently from page to page, and now it's 'unhealthy' to do that.

pin's positions are clearly inconsistent with the of natural perspective of town looking to lynch scum. the case on me is immediately transparent of pin trying to fake scumhunting, if they honestly believed their argument it would not be nearly so difficult for pin to explain it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
nice meltdown

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Anyone who actually still believes I'm scum rn should probably just up and quit mafia altogether.

Look at the vote distribution. If I'm scum, why have none of my scumbuds jumped on one of the other votes and tried to take heat off me? There should be another case being pushed. There isn't, because scum is happy with this dunk.

because they don't want to be outed when we look at the votes tomorrow and realize 'hey, x was trying to push people off pin near deadline.' or there could be other factors from the scum perspective we can't realize right now.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

because they don't want to be outed when we look at the votes tomorrow and realize 'hey, x was trying to push people off pin near deadline.' or there could be other factors from the scum perspective we can't realize right now.

Near deadline? I've been the entirely unchallenged vote leader for two IRL days now, and there's a full day to go before deadline. If I'm scum, where's my scumteam? Why are they not playing mafia?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tremta is scum this game btw

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

pinmoms gonna get lynched due to scum tremtas push ive seen this story before too many times

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

idiot townie sombrero along 4 the ride as tremtas king sucker

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Pinterest Mom posted:

im at work, but my reasons are
- don't want no lunch and somber isn't happening atm.
- you've not exactly been actively engaging
- vote on kord then kfc looks p desperate

a somber vote doesn't look to be happening sadly.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

im at work, but my reasons are
- don't want no lunch and somber isn't happening atm.
- you've not exactly been actively engaging
- vote on kord then kfc looks p desperate

a somber vote doesn't look to be happening sadly.

Oh, come on. There's over 24 hours to go, we're not exactly at deadline -15 minutes. Be the change you want to see instead of apathy-dunking a townie.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i undertook a close reread and pmom

Pinterest Mom posted:

we could dunk kord or somber or kfc, im opinion

why do you suggest dunking kord?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

because he's scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pinterest Mom posted:

because he's scum

voting taste is a pro town move though.
do better.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

His engagement with the game is really self-conscious and reads very artificial to me:

His vote on Taste - an awkward (and not super accurate) "meta case = scum"

kordansk posted:

This post is hilarious, but relies on meta alone. Meta cases on D1 = scum cases. ##vote tremendous taste

a really weak (and safe) read of AS = town

kordansk posted:

Would not vote atomic soda at this point. Reasoning well thought out and did not misrepresent posts to create a narrative.

but mostly the very careful way he tries to build a narrative that justifies eventually jumping on the vote leader - these two posts are 18 hours apart, and you can see how awkward the inching is: this is scum trying to make sure the thread can see that they have a Documented Thought Process and aren't just opportunistically jumping onto the vote leader

kordansk posted:

Ah yes, PMom, the anyone but vote me defense. Just curious, where do you stand on Taste?

kordansk posted:

Would also vote pmom mostly because his defense when under pressure has been to vote anyone but him. I am catching up and responding as I read.

(and when I challenge him to produce evidence that my defence is "anyone but me" [which; it isn't], he just kind of vomits up my entire post history and says "SEE???")

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

i undertook a close reread and pmom

why do you suggest dunking kord?
Pmom is looking to shift the case anywhere but them and is going for convenience by trying to push it on me. Pmom you should vote taste. FYI the defense "I'm town therefore don't vote me" is like the worst thing ever. What's your read on somber now? Complaining about being the vote leader without putting forth a real case is kind of silly. Notice I still haven't voted you. I have more than enough posts about you to justify it. Notice how I'm still on tremtas. How does that jive with your scum read on me? I can easily pile on without anyone questioning it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
There are a lot of words for d1

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

His engagement with the game is really self-conscious and reads very artificial to me:

His vote on Taste - an awkward (and not super accurate) "meta case = scum"

a really weak (and safe) read of AS = town

but mostly the very careful way he tries to build a narrative that justifies eventually jumping on the vote leader - these two posts are 18 hours apart, and you can see how awkward the inching is: this is scum trying to make sure the thread can see that they have a Documented Thought Process and aren't just opportunistically jumping onto the vote leader

(and when I challenge him to produce evidence that my defence is "anyone but me" [which; it isn't], he just kind of vomits up my entire post history and says "SEE???")

Lol. No. Are you reading the game?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
The only reason you are reframing it that way is because you are trying to look for reasons I'm scum after already deciding I am and going back through my history. That's why you claim "artificial".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

kordansk posted:

Pmom is looking to shift the case anywhere but them and is going for convenience by trying to push it on me. Pmom you should vote taste. FYI the defense "I'm town therefore don't vote me" is like the worst thing ever. What's your read on somber now? Complaining about being the vote leader without putting forth a real case is kind of silly. Notice I still haven't voted you. I have more than enough posts about you to justify it. Notice how I'm still on tremtas. How does that jive with your scum read on me? I can easily pile on without anyone questioning it.

You've spent exactly zero effort casing Taste (or trying to convincing anyone to vote him) and all of your effort casing me. Your vote is as good as on me already, and it's obviously going to shift there tomorrow. Your read of Taste is obviously fake, and your entire contribution today is just laying groundwork to try to justify your shift to me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Try hard cry hard die hard scumbo

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

You've spent exactly zero effort casing Taste (or trying to convincing anyone to vote him) and all of your effort casing me. Your vote is as good as on me already, and it's obviously going to shift there tomorrow. Your read of Taste is obviously fake, and your entire contribution today is just laying groundwork to try to justify your shift to me.

Tell me more about my future. My read on taste isn't fake. Trying to meta read someone is terrible and to try and use it as an excuse d1 is the epitome of post cruising to try and get a lynch without regrets.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

kordansk posted:

Tell me more about my future.
A day 2 dunk after I flip town :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

A day 2 dunk after I flip town :angel:

Is this a thing on SA Mafia? The I'm town don't vote me defense? At least come up with something better than that! Besides me who's else is in your top 3.

• Locked thread