Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

King of Cheeses posted:

This MP4 that was posted despite being recorded at 50fps has just over 40 actual unique frames of gameplay. Many video frames are just the same game play frame.

I'm the black rectangle at top right covering the ATV logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

thatguy posted:

Just thinking about this makes me actually laugh.

I agree with you.

I am thinking that someone taking the assets out of the game and plopping them into a trial version of whatever engine kids use these days is a more likely candidate than someone editing those frames..

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Star citizen : I have mental disorders and i'm below average intelligence

We know.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Wuxi posted:

Blocking people is for the weak

Note that Derek hasn't put MoMA on ignore.

Also note that MoMA is quite obviously terrible at coming up with witty and biting responses when provoked by an Internet Warlord.

I suspect some causal link.

If he can't doxx, he will bully.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm a little peeved that people are using my posts to get on the list of posters that have defeated the good doctor without doing any work. My weaponized posts are being used like croberts uses other scfi IPs.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

iron buns posted:

I'm the black rectangle at top right covering the ATV logo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rcWkqliP6A&t=1453s

The Logo bit :gary:

UI seems to match.... Not found the right stair bit, but this looks like the answer.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Has anyone thought about making a Derek Smart Markov Bot?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

The joke's on them because anyone (aside from those whose opinions and banter I value) who quotes him (and Ol Cactus Dick), gets put on ignore as well. So far, 11 of them are in there. It's marvelous really, because it allows me to skip through all the rubbish.

I for one do not believe you for a second that you don't click "show post". You don't have the self control. You are as thin skinned as it gets.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

If he can't doxx, he will bully.

Next up, water: wet or not?

Sickening posted:

I for one do not believe you for a second that you don't click "show post". You don't have the self control. You are as thin skinned as it gets.

I've only ever blocked one person, and Zaphod42 deserved it.

I still click on 'show post'.

FFS, people, creating echo chambers got us here. Stop being retards.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

UI seems to match.... Not found the right stair bit, but this looks like the answer.

:lol:

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

AP posted:

:five: :five: :five:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Oh right. That makes sense. But yeah, as an engineer, and seeing that my whole claim since July 2015 has always been that "the game as pitched could never be built", that's primarily my focus. All that other stuff (e.g. wasteful spending) is just immaterial to me; but hilarious nonetheless.

:same:

He's probably still nursing a hangover from last night :smuggo:

One would only be hungover if they sipped on your juice, boo boo. But to answer you - SM is very much alive and well in the 2.6 build and is playable (more than just a 4v4 by the way). It runs at 70-90 fps on a mid-range machine and hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds. Caterpillar is amazing - very functional. It's pretty much all cargo right now and open from the sides. All modular. Great visibility.

No. You won't get any proof or evidence from me. This series of NDA is extremely strict. You will very likely not see any leaks from evocati on this on reddit either. But, if screens/vids do eventually leak, feel free to reference this post.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

One would only be hungover if they sipped on your juice, boo boo. But to answer you - SM is very much alive and well in the 2.6 build and is playable (more than just a 4v4 by the way). It runs at 70-90 fps on a mid-range machine and hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds. Caterpillar is amazing - very functional. It's pretty much all cargo right now and open from the sides. All modular. Great visibility.

No. You won't get any proof or evidence from me. This series of NDA is extremely strict. You will very likely not see any leaks from evocati on this on reddit either. But, if screens/vids do eventually leak, feel free to reference this post.

Did they have someone else write that NDA after your ironclad ToS?

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, sorry I just had to quote this.

more than just a 4v4.

70-90 fps on a mid-range machine

hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds

Caterpillar is amazing - very functional

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wuxi posted:

Blocking people is for the weak

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Are you 100% sure you didn't get boozed up and launch a different game?

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

ManofManyAliases posted:

But to answer you - SM is very much alive and well in the 2.6 build and is playable (more than just a 4v4 by the way). It runs at 70-90 fps on a mid-range machine and hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds. Caterpillar is amazing - very functional. It's pretty much all cargo right now and open from the sides. All modular. Great visibility.

I read this in Donald Trump's voice.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

Did they have someone else write that NDA after your ironclad ToS?

I wrote neither because I don't work for CIG.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D1E posted:

Modification:

Also note that MoMA is quite obviously terrible at coming up with witty and biting responses when provoked by anyone in this thread.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

omg lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

:allears:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

omg lol x 2

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I hope MoMa's right about everything. Because then 1/10th of a part of a game is done, and that will be enough to fuel their wild fantasies this....thing...will ever be finished. And it will continue to feed our amusement.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

No.

It's some chat or scoreboard stuff.
You can see at the very end some of the letters peep past the black box.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I wrote neither because I don't work for CIG.

congrats on the Relay launch.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Derek, you didn't call anything. You don't have evocati, otherwise you'd be playing SM right now. The only thing worse than your pathological lies are your annoying 12-year-old girl quips ('called it,' 'like - totally,').

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

That wasn't my question. My question (pay attention) was:

Was Star Marine enabled for official play in the 2.6 Evocati release (of 48 hrs ago)?

I'll await your answer, darling.

ps: You seem so sure today, then you were in the past 48hrs. Which leads me to believe that you're using obfuscation (Evocati vs internal build) again.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

You already broke the NDA by:

Saying Star Marine is in
Star Marine is playable
It is more than 4v4
It runs well
The Catapillar is in
The way the Catapillar is described

So you've completed smashed the NDA anyway you big old berk

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek, you didn't call anything.

But you SHOULD call your parents everyone. Because they love you and raised you.

And because I am holding them in my basement

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Gay.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I hope MoMa's right about everything. Because then 1/10th of a part of a game is done, and that will be enough to fuel their wild fantasies this....thing...will ever be finished. And it will continue to feed our amusement.

It's amazing how incredibly low the bar is for citizens to be impressed.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Are you 100% sure you didn't get boozed up and launch a different game?

There's only a small step between thinking up 200 page fleet doctrins for a game that doesn't exist and playing BF1 while happily dreaming it is Star Marine

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Okay, why is the build called Evocati? It bothers me.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek, you didn't call anything. You don't have evocati, otherwise you'd be playing SM right now. The only thing worse than your pathological lies are your annoying 12-year-old girl quips ('called it,' 'like - totally,').
I hope you are having an emotionally well balanced day pew pewin mens in Star Marine. I'd just like to remind you this is a video game and no one cares.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Okay, why is the build called Evocati? It bothers me.
because nothing about star citizen makes any sense

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I feel like we're watching an episode of DBZ, and Derek and MoMA are screaming at each other while powering up.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

That wasn't my question. My question (pay attention) was:

Was Star Marine enabled for official play in the 2.6 Evocati release (of 48 hrs ago)?

ps: You seem so sure today, then you were in the past 48hrs. Which leads me to believe that you're using obfuscation (Evocati vs internal build) again.

No, but that's not what you originally claimed. Want to talk about revisionist history?

D_Smart posted:

I have an account in Evocati, as do 7 of my contacts. Nobody has received an invite. Not a word on Reddit or RSI forum. So I'm thinking this is a False Flag op that MoMa is running and trying to ride the wave due to some anon poster who may just be posting bullshit.

D_Smart posted:

Confirmed. It's not in the current 2.6 build.

D_Smart posted:

I don't think he knew SM wasn't going to be in it :D

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, he was on my Discord trolling us earlier today. Clearly he's not in Evocati, and had no clue that SM wasn't in it. :smuggo:

D_Smart posted:

That's because i) it's shite ii) there is no Star Marine - like at all

For a $137 million project that likes to tout "openness", it's interesting that since 2.6 was released to Evocati yesterday, backers have no clue what's in it. Particularly it doesn't contain Star Marine; and CIG never even mentioned it.

Meanwhile, some backers are spreading false rumors that it is released.....just because they claim to have seen some file assets in the download. :D

You made claim, after claim, after claim that SM WASN't in the build like, at all. LIKE AT ALL. And you were so sure of your pompous self because you have 70,000 evocati accounts.

GTFO already you pathetic, pathological liar.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

because nothing about star citizen makes any sense

So I am not stupid.

Well I am, but that isn't why calling the build evocati makes no sense to me.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

You already broke the NDA by:

Saying Star Marine is in
Star Marine is playable
It is more than 4v4
It runs well
The Catapillar is in
The way the Catapillar is described

So you've completed smashed the NDA anyway you big old berk

I'm not an evocati. I never signed an NDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not an evocati. I never signed an NDA.

Your ownage continues and I am the latest victim

• Locked thread