Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:
Come to mumble, listen to Philman wonder why tanks in a WW1 game are slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/822496454677823490?s=09

Oh look a Char 2c

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
A mildly more lethal cat tail wand.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Dryer Lint posted:

Come to mumble, listen to Philman wonder why tanks in a WW1 game are slow.

They are a bit faster in the game that they are IRL and your crew don't pass out half the time inside the British ones due to the engine fumes.

Though if they want to bring vehicles in some form into a version of back to basics.....

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

a new elite class as well, apparently. trench raider with OHKO maybe?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What exactly is the fastest way to start a multiplayer game on bf 1. If I chose an east coast server manually, it either fails or is stuck on reserving a slot. If I choose quick play is just stays on "matching your skill" forever.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Yesssss

This is extremely my poo poo, bring on the rare experimental weapons and gadgets

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
You mean rare or experimental weapons other than the hellreigel, selbstlader m1916, selbstlader 1906, huot, m1903 experimental, mp18, Villar perosa, the tissue box tank, mondragon, automatico, and the cei rigotti?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm hoping/expecting the Chauchat will finally show up. Seeing as it actually was operational during the war.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I want experimental weapons that never got past the experimental stage because they usually had a catastrophic failure rate. Pray to the RNG gods that your gun doesn't blow up in your hands and fire a lethal amount of shrapnel into your chest!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just looked up what the Char 2c was, and:

Wikipedia posted:

It was, in physical dimensions, the largest operational tank ever made.

:stare:

I'm in.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just looked up what the Char 2c was, and:

:stare:

I'm in.

Holy poo poo you're not kidding it's huge! No way that turret swivels 360 degrees though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i want a tommy gun.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

It would be neat if it had a fully modelled interior but it'll probably be like the current behemoths.

I fully expect the A7V to bounce shots from the main gun while the Char is being hit by 12 different rocket guns, field cannons and planes.

The average driver will plow straight it into obviously planted mines or get the tank stuck on a rock or trench.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It'll be interesting to see how bad people are with the behemoth tank. The only behemoth with free range of travel is the zeppelin which doesn't have to deal with obstacles. So I imagine anywhere a pubbie can get the tank stuck they will

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I reaaaaaaaaaaally hope you can tip it over

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's a tank, so if it doesn't drive itself there's pretty much a 50/50 chance that either the driver will push it forward pointlessly and it'll quickly die behind enemy lines or it'll stay as close to the uncap as it can sniping at people 1km away.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

TBH, anyone over level, say, 50 or tanker level 5 should be able to kick the driver off a behemoth. Dice hire me.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
There are a few people that hog aircraft and tank spawns and seem to have always done that since the release, cause they have multiple service stars in those vehicles but they still suicide rush with tanks, jump out and 'gift' the tanks to the enemy when damaged or just lawn dart with a bomber all day. So chances are, they will kick the only competent lvl 30 driver out of the seat thanks to the lvl 50 + service star collection ability you suggest so they can suicide rush past the enemy line and than abandon ship instead of trying to safe it in some way when things get complicated.

Your suggestion only works if those levels and service stars were tied to actual performance and would not be archivable by just grinding all day.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Yeah no it's a terrible turd idea for sure.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

They should just make it so if you wait on the spawn screen for too long it auto spawns you in your team's uncap. Make it like half the respawn time on a vehicle and give them a cool down on the kill self button so they can't take an auto death to go back to the respawn screen.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Roobanguy posted:

i want a tommy gun.

The prototype looks awesome and Assault needs a few more SMG variants for the love of god. Or carbines. Or even some of the stuff Pilots use.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

Your suggestion only works if those levels and service stars were tied to actual performance and would not be archivable by just grinding all day.

There are no meaningful tracked stats. An SMG assault can inflate spm or kdr playing operations nonstop. 100 service star vehicle degenerates almost always have more flags defended than captured because they lob shells from 150m away or farm infantry inside a plane.

The game does not have statistics like % time inside a capture zone, average flags captured per match, average class actions per match or deaths within <30m of an objective. Stats like squad orders completion % as leader and order completion % as a squadmate in conjunction with above mentioned stats would let you distinguish between a player that consistently sets and follows objectives and one that chases kills somewhere else when not leader.

Not going to happen, in other words!

Lazyfire posted:

They should just make it so if you wait on the spawn screen for too long it auto spawns you in your team's uncap. Make it like half the respawn time on a vehicle and give them a cool down on the kill self button so they can't take an auto death to go back to the respawn screen.

Autospawn after one minute into the team uncap, each player has a timer equivalent to the vehicle respawn timer preventing them from being a driver again (boats naturally excluded) that only ticks down while alive.

Replace all instances of emergency repair with tread/wing repair respectively and statwipe players above 35% time spent inside vehicles to see some real telemetry data on player tendencies. :getin:

SeanBeansShako posted:

The prototype looks awesome and Assault needs a few more SMG variants for the love of god. Or carbines. Or even some of the stuff Pilots use.

Carbines should be all-kit weapons, honestly.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Feindfeuer posted:

There are a few people that hog aircraft and tank spawns and seem to have always done that since the release, cause they have multiple service stars in those vehicles but they still suicide rush with tanks, jump out and 'gift' the tanks to the enemy when damaged or just lawn dart with a bomber all day. So chances are, they will kick the only competent lvl 30 driver out of the seat thanks to the lvl 50 + service star collection ability you suggest so they can suicide rush past the enemy line and than abandon ship instead of trying to safe it in some way when things get complicated.

In Battlefield 3 there was some English tanksperg, who pretty bad-to-mediocre in a tank but somehow had a designated fan squad that would spawn in on the other side that would spawn in that team's tanks and drive them over to their internet celebrity, so that only the tanksperg had armor on their team.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Randler posted:

In Battlefield 3 there was some English tanksperg, who pretty bad-to-mediocre in a tank but somehow had a designated fan squad that would spawn in on the other side that would spawn in that team's tanks and drive them over to their internet celebrity, so that only the tanksperg had armor on their team.

Honestly I'm surprised this kind of poo poo doesn't go on more often in general

Hell you can even land planes on some maps

8 Ball fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 21, 2017

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

8 Ball posted:

I'll do it every now and then when I end up on the wrong side of a goon group (ie I'm the solitary goon on the defending team of an Op) just to get it over with quicker

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

8 Ball posted:

I've seen instances in BF4 where the sycophants of one streamer or another will take their team's vehicles to keep them out of play to help the streamer. As tanks sitting completely idle so the LB sorry streamer can fly around untouched, for example.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hmm yes, this awkward boxy armored vehicle is perfect for assaulting the mountain and rock strew trenchlines of Monte Grappa Point B and D alone. ONWARD!

Lazyfire posted:

I've seen instances in BF4 where the sycophants of one streamer or another will take their team's vehicles to keep them out of play to help the streamer. As tanks sitting completely idle so the LB sorry streamer can fly around untouched, for example.

This is just really really so so sad.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hmm yes, this awkward boxy armored vehicle is perfect for assaulting the mountain and rock strew trenchlines of Monte Grappa Point B and D alone. ONWARD!

This is just really really so so sad.

Whenever I play Grappa at least one person tries to take a heavy tank up the mountain. Sometimes you have to because the other team gave up on going after C and you have no viable targets, but most of the time you have people trying to rush up the mountain right off the bat.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I feel the light tank and artillery truck are great for mountain exploits with that map.

The heavier tanks which you crew is a crapshoot because that terrain is the worst when you have a driver who doesn't understand the firing angles of the guns and insists on sprinting rapidly fast through every bit of cover. If you have a good driver who knows his poo poo however you can have a great time with canister shot.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

jisforjosh posted:

I'll do it every now and then when I end up on the wrong side of a goon group (ie I'm the solitary goon on the defending team of an Op) just to get it over with quicker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblXvO_aH8s

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm getting better and better as a Pilot and now I'm decent enough to land some kills in a dogfight and bomb a couple dudes, but god drat it sucks when someone on the opposite team is down to just sit on an AA gun the whole loving game and your team won't try and take them out.

Also, gently caress those large guns on Monte Grappa. Actually, just gently caress Monte Grappa altogether. That map sucks.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
mount grapple is a great map, enjoyable in every mode

Orv
May 4, 2011
Moon Grope, Amiens and Inexplicable Hallway Deaths (BB) are the only good maps. :colbert:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Manga Rapper is a great map, but because of the narrowness it's the worst place to be if the skyspergs are strong and the AA weak.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Its a shame there isnt a proper forest map, rather than a tree lined corridor map

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well if you like your forests burned to a crisp that'll be one of the DLC maps.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
these chestnuts arent going to roast themselves

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
tbh i'm pretty disappointed turning the flamethrower on anything green in argonne doesn't burn it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Do you really trust :dice: to do physics fire propagation without blowing up the moon or something?