Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

BigMouthSingers posted:

Just watching ATV.

What I heard so far:

DLLs are isolated and has no way to share data across systems
Animations and AI code does not communicate
Mission editor does not exist
Subsumption is proving to be very memory intensive

Ho Lee Cow.

Can't wait for Refactored Citizen 3.0
:psyduck:

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

frasier is not on WANK he is on KACL

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Just looked at that ATV it was like 45 mins of those two people talking about poo poo that doesn't exist yet but which they dreamed up in a meeting last week.
Is the long-haired ex junkie really in charge of the MMO bit of this thing? And he's the 'architect' for their super-advanced AI plans? My god.

necroid
May 14, 2009

don't germans already play a lot of hosed up games like farming/bus driver/forklift operator simulators? Those cost a lot because of dlcs

lol found the meme

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

One happy gabelstaplerfahrer

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TheAgent posted:

over 75% of their backer dollars are coming from the EU, specifically germany

holy poo poo

poo poo, we've been doing it all wrong.

Beer, Beet, new thread title:

Star Bürger ist ein Betrug

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

frasier is not on WANK he is on KACL

You just don't understand imaginary conversation development. :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Xaerael posted:

Sternenbürger ist ein Betrug

FTFY

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Star Bürger ist ein Betrug

DO THIS THING MODS!

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Eurotruck Simulator 2 is a good game as long as you turn off the speed limiter and use the in-game music player to stream cheesy French radio stations while you blast across Europe at 200+kph with a shipping container full of toxic waste

edit:

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 27, 2017

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

tyvm. My German is like 20 years rusty, and google translate never returns what you really want to say.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

TheAgent posted:

over 75% of their backer dollars are coming from the EU, specifically germany

holy poo poo
German gamers are some of the weirdest cultural groups I've come across in gaming. They LOVE tedium and grind, for some reason, and will happily play the most boring as gently caress work simulator. I have no idea why it's a thing, but it really is.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I was doing my nightly chakra tuning and vision exercises when I was given an SC vision:

The money has run out and the backers are demanding to see the game, their offices are mostly empty from 2 months of unpaid salaries. The only people left are wide eyed and unsure what to do. Disco Lando is emailing all the higher ups on instructions of how to proceed but getting no responses.

A week of this goes by and suddenly a message appears on RSI, it says in so many words that sorry we cannot continue working on the game. Citizens rush to the grey market to find that traders have been selling things at 10% cost for weeks. They hurriedly email CS to ask what is going on and for refunds, there is no answer.

Minor chaos ensures, barely a ripple in the all. We gather around this thread like the end of Ocean's 11, each nodding silently to each other and heading off back to our own lives.

May 2017. Quote me.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

HKS posted:

I was doing my nightly chakra tuning and vision exercises when I was given an SC vision:

The money has run out and the backers are demanding to see the game, their offices are mostly empty from 2 months of unpaid salaries. The only people left are wide eyed and unsure what to do. Disco Lando is emailing all the higher ups on instructions of how to proceed but getting no responses.

A week of this goes by and suddenly a message appears on RSI, it says in so many words that sorry we cannot continue working on the game. Citizens rush to the grey market to find that traders have been selling things at 10% cost for weeks. They hurriedly email CS to ask what is going on and for refunds, there is no answer.

Minor chaos ensures, barely a ripple in the all. We gather around this thread like the end of Ocean's 11, each nodding silently to each other and heading off back to our own lives.

May 2017. Quote me.

I believe

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Sept 2012, Obsidian kickstarts their Pillars of Eternity game. Oct 2012, mush mouth kickstarts his.

March, 2015, Obsidian releases Pillars to high reviews. 2 additional DLCs have since been released.

Today, Obsidian announced the sequel and opened its crowd-funding page. Estimated release is q1, 2018. Will they finish their second game before cig gets even a single ep of sq42 out?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

CrazyTolradi posted:

German gamers are some of the weirdest cultural groups I've come across in gaming. They LOVE tedium and grind, for some reason, and will happily play the most boring as gently caress work simulator. I have no idea why it's a thing, but it really is.

So why would they buy the ships that means that you don't have to grind them out in game ...... if you have the ships, what is the point of the in game work you do?

This is a broken idea from a broken man.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/824776251625713664

at a quick look, it appeared as though lando had opened a massive cavity in his chest

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

The German thing doesn't need explaining. If they idolized David Hasselhoff for real, they can idolize anyone (Chris Roberts).

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

alf_pogs posted:

at a quick look, it appeared as though lando had opened a massive cavity in his chest

yo disco those really aren't that great

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Where's Mrs. Lesnick's other hand?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

I'll loving cut you.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Kosumo posted:

So why would they buy the ships that means that you don't have to grind them out in game ...... if you have the ships, what is the point of the in game work you do?

This is a broken idea from a broken man.
You load the cargo bays by hand, piece by piece, than take off for the 18 hour flight to the destination, passing time with your ship mates by playing poker or fixing individual parts of the ship that break.

These are things backers are looking forward to.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

HKS posted:

The German thing doesn't need explaining. If they idolized David Hasselhoff for real, they can idolize anyone (Chris Roberts).

tooterfish posted:

I'll loving cut you.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm excited for MegaMap

It's MegaMap. She's gone from suck to blow.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Enchanted Hat posted:

They sell them here in Australia for like, $2 a tin at Christmas. Why anyone would want that many, I have no idea (except maybe to get sick?).

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The coconut ones are nice, you can throw all the others out for $2 a tin.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

DapperDon posted:

Yeah why is that Germans seem to have such a raging boner over this thing?

#notallgermans

https://snowgoons.bandcamp.com/track/welcome-to-the-goondox

"Welcome to the Goondox"

Thread's got a theme tune!

These guys have way better tracks than this one too.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SelenicMartian posted:

Hard-hitting questions...

I oversee the mesh networking of cloud based mesh clouds. I make sure all meshes are properly fit to their AI driven neural network, which will be running on our dedicated AI server when it's built. Until then, clouds and meshes. Clouds. And. Meshes.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

730 at night, do these people literally have nothing else to do in their life?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

HKS posted:

Yo Chris, I bet you could get The Hoff to play a small part for a tenth of what you paid Gillian Anderson. Think of how much more you could make! Just do it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

Space Mop guy is going to complain to his Local Space Union Rep about this bullshit I can tell you that!

He coulda been in Space Quest, but noooooo! His Agent told him to "just wait for the next generation!" And look at this poo poo. Such fidelity his mop doesn't even hit the floor. He got scammed.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

BigMouthSingers posted:

Just watching ATV.

What I heard so far:

DLLs are isolated and has no way to share data across systems
Animations and AI code does not communicate
Mission editor does not exist
Subsumption is proving to be very memory intensive

Ho Lee Cow.

Can't wait for Refactored Citizen 3.0

Just got to overlay some code on these ideas over here..

Let's see...

Oh! Here it is!

DLL.aws = true

AI->talkToAnimation(int 1)

<HTML title="Mission Editor V1"></HTML>

And finally, gently caress Chris you should know this one:
Edit config.sys
DEVICE=EMM386.COM NOEMS
DOS=HIGH
REM MOUSE.COM

got to kill that loving mouse driver to get that extra memory to play these drat Chris Roberts games. You're welcome CIG.

Edit: So I GIS "emm386 cat" and for some reason the Star Citizen logo is one of the hits. For real???

So here is another one of the hits off of that search:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 27, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

phosdex posted:

Sept 2012, Obsidian kickstarts their Pillars of Eternity game. Oct 2012, mush mouth kickstarts his.

March, 2015, Obsidian releases Pillars to high reviews. 2 additional DLCs have since been released.

Today, Obsidian announced the sequel and opened its crowd-funding page. Estimated release is q1, 2018. Will they finish their second game before cig gets even a single ep of sq42 out?

Is this like, a trick question? :confused:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
I made a bad joke on someone who is probably very nice and edited it because now I feel bad and should not have done it. Too much time shitposting on :reddit: is always bad.

DapperDon fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 27, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

xiansi posted:

#notallgermans

https://snowgoons.bandcamp.com/track/welcome-to-the-goondox

"Welcome to the Goondox"

Thread's got a theme tune!

These guys have way better tracks than this one too.

Thread theme is obviously Queen's "Hammer to Fall." Because we're just waiting for the hammer to fall.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
On the moon launch timeline in their fifth year CIG has so far managed to make a scale model of the lunar rover by sticking a plaster shell onto an existing RC car which now can go a few feet before running out of battery, and the nose cone for the nonexistent rocket is polished to a high sheen and made out of a metal that's easy to polish but would never withstand launch pressures.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
alexis is actually a cool and good person, I really hope gets healthy cuz both her and ben have put on a hundo since they moved to LA

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Thread theme is obviously Queen's "Hammer to Fall." Because we're just waiting for the hammer to fall.

I don't normally ask for anything here. But I would love to see Major Tom use this concept in his next video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So if this is the Apollo Program, that means only 4 more years until Star Citizen comes out.

But this is the Pre-Alpha, so I'm thinking Mercury. That would be 7 years.