Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU3E2hDF17U

Landslide trailer is out, not sure if this is news.

E: guess not. New Elusive target is a very easy silent assassin - the bathroom I usually lure Novikov into is very handy once again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Hobo Clown posted:

Does using the emetic syringe on an ET lock you in or can you still restart after that? Seems more safe than lethal since you're not screwed if someone rounds the corner and spots you.

Generally, no. Emetic doesn't kill a target and not killing a target doesn't fulfill a mission requirement. Until a mission objective is completed you can restart. Just be aware that IO is sneaky and can change this for an ET in the future, but in general you should be fine.

ed-

Blasmeister posted:

New Elusive target is a very easy silent assassin

Remember that this will be the first ET available to people who get the disc next week, so it was probably designed to be easier.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hobo Clown posted:

Does using the emetic syringe on an ET lock you in or can you still restart after that? Seems more safe than lethal since you're not screwed if someone rounds the corner and spots you.

It doesn't count as anything because eventually the NPC stops puking and goes back to their loop.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
I had the problem that the wrong model would always come to investigate the bathroom for five attempts, so I made sure that the target was the only one on the runway (no one could go before him, no one after until he was coming back from the runway) by bumping slightly into every model. This causes them to go back to the dressing room for a bit. Easy to get the target alone when he is finally the only one who can hear your coins (and when Victor and his bodyguard don't decide to stroll on by...).

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

dat bathroom

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That bathroom has seen more bludgeonings and brutal stabbings than most back alleys.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Welp. I got the target in the bathroom, gunned him down no witnesses. In walks Novakov to check out the sink leak.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Good thing about this ET: Him bitching about "Helmet".
Bad thing about this ET: Wearing the full Helmut outfit around him doesn't do anything.

NRVNQSR posted:

This trailer for Landslide is new, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQklCNzLCjY

e: Looks kind of similar to existing Sapienza missions, but I guess it makes sense for them to try and get as much as they can out of the more sandboxy maps.
Being focused around an entirely different part of the map will probably make it feel pretty different though, and it does take place in the afternoon instead of the middle of the day. A House Built on Sand felt pretty different from the standard mission despite very little having actually been changed apart from taking place at night.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Boiled Water posted:

Welp. I got the target in the bathroom, gunned him down no witnesses. In walks Novakov to check out the sink leak.

Always wait for them to turn off the faucet first.

But yeah, pretty trivial ET. Landslide lookin real nice though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mondian posted:

Always wait for them to turn off the faucet first.

Good rule of thumb to let the person reverse whatever you tampered with before knocking them out or someone else could investigate while you're changing disguises or hiding the body.

Related to that, it took me a while to understand that when the "Area is Being Investigated" message first comes up it means someone is coming, but if you leave to go hide and then come back into the area and that message pops up again before subduing the first person who came by it means that you've simply re-entered the area that is being investigated. It doesn't mean that a second person is coming and two investigations will overlap. That scared me so many times.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I like how 47 can't turn off a sink.

I also like my new winter coat! It looks like the target has a whole alternative pattern once the show ends, but I imagine not many people will see him hitting on party attendees.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Discendo Vox posted:

I like how 47 can't turn off a sink.

It's the same as 47 not being able to wake someone up — it would be too easy. :D

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

One NPC at a time will be interested in the distraction that you create by turning on a sink, radio, etc. If you incapacitate the person investigating before the distraction has been turned off, someone else will IMMEDIATELY become interested in it and start walking toward it to investigate. You can watch it happen on the mini-map. That's why it's best to let the soon-to-be-victim turn off the distraction before you take them out.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Radios you can switch off by yourself, but ever since they standardized the Hitman-proof faucet handle....

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Agent 47 stands in pajamas in a hotel bathroom, toothbrush in hand, staring blankly at the faucet

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

NRVNQSR posted:

This trailer for Landslide is new, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQklCNzLCjY

e: Looks kind of similar to existing Sapienza missions, but I guess it makes sense for them to try and get as much as they can out of the more sandboxy maps.

That security guard with his hands behind the back at the end is 47, isn't it?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This whole time I was expecting an earthquake in Sapienza and not an election. I like the late afternoon vibe going on though.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Agent 47 stands in pajamas in a hotel bathroom, toothbrush in hand, staring blankly at the faucet

It's why he's a contract killer. All that money being wired to his account is for the water bill.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That security guard with his hands behind the back at the end is 47, isn't it?

Yes, he's in a bunch of the shots.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 27, 2017

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
It's finally happened. I've played so much Hitman that I'm now hyper aware of where all the fire extinguishers are in my grocery store. Maybe Hitman Will Save My Life One Day.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
"Yeah, chief. Nobody made it out of the building alive. The arson investigator found fragments of a fire extinguisher and a shell casing nearby. He thinks someone shot the extinguisher."

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I have gained a preternatural awarenesses of every can of expired spaghetti sauce in my general vicinity.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

WindyMan posted:

It's why he's a contract killer. All that money being wired to his account is for the water bill.

lol I want a mission where 47 struggles with submitting his receipts for reimbursement from ICA

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scott Forstall posted:

lol I want a mission where 47 struggles with submitting his receipts for reimbursement from ICA

Why do you think he really killed Soders? What Diana may never realise is that Soders' apparent double-cross was actually a triple-cross faked by 47 to finally get some peace and quiet. All that paperwork, man…

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

One NPC at a time will be interested in the distraction that you create by turning on a sink, radio, etc. If you incapacitate the person investigating before the distraction has been turned off, someone else will IMMEDIATELY become interested in it and start walking toward it to investigate. You can watch it happen on the mini-map. That's why it's best to let the soon-to-be-victim turn off the distraction before you take them out.

Even more bizarrely the same rules apply to unmade beds.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
Well, here's my attempt at the elusive target:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX33Xz92WFE

I'm good with 1:20! Need to see what people are doing to get like 30 seconds.

jasoneatspizza fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 28, 2017

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
SA'ed the Blackmailer in a way that was kinda unintentionally cinematic:

Started as a stylist and waited on one side of the catwalk until the target was finished and was walking along the uninhabited side stage. Hit him with a lethal syringe and he ragdolled into a position where it looked like he was just casually leaning against some equipment. I liked the idea that an observer - had they seen him - would've thought he was just hanging out instead of pulling a Weekend at Bernie's

Got the Absolution suit and the tux with gloves. One more SA to the winter coat.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Haha welp coin toss and an overflowing sink adds up to one dead blackmailer. Looks like I didn't need the emetic syringe after all.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

DEVS KNEW

The dialogue for the ETs is fantastic- I'm so glad some folks are going out of their way to record it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 28, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Discendo Vox posted:

DEVS KNEW

The dialogue for the ETs is fantastic- I'm so glad some folks are going out of their way to record it.
I half take back what I said earlier. Still think he should've made the comment about "Helmut 47" as soon as he sees him.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Man, they really set you up nice in Hokkaido for sniping Yuki. Start as the ninja with the rifle in the agency pickup right behind you and she comes walking outside and stands on the bridge nice and motionless.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I finally got lvl 20 Mastery on every map. Bring on the Professional Mode!

Lobok posted:

Man, they really set you up nice in Hokkaido for sniping Yuki. Start as the ninja with the rifle in the agency pickup right behind you and she comes walking outside and stands on the bridge nice and motionless.

You even three challenges at once for doing that.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

The only thing preventing you from sniping Soders from the mountain ledge is a privacy screen in the director's office. Too bad that's there, because it actually would have been pretty drat funny being able to snipe two targets within 2 seconds of the mission starting.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

WindyMan posted:

The only thing preventing you from sniping Soders from the mountain ledge is a privacy screen in the director's office. Too bad that's there, because it actually would have been pretty drat funny being able to snipe two targets within 2 seconds of the mission starting.

You can't kill Soders with a gun, as far as I know. They'll just patch him up straight away.
I tried shooting him with a pistol once, it didn't take.

You can eliminate him by shooting his heart though. Even through the glass door it's behind.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

No, you can definitely kill Soders by shooting him.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

You can't kill Soders with a gun, as far as I know. They'll just patch him up straight away.
I tried shooting him with a pistol once, it didn't take.

I'm quite sure you can kill him with a head shot, I know I did to get the challenge for killing him twice in the same run. Pretty sure I didn't disable the AI, either.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

WindyMan posted:

I'm quite sure you can kill him with a head shot, I know I did to get the challenge for killing him twice in the same run. Pretty sure I didn't disable the AI, either.

Oh, maybe I didn't shoot him in the head.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

two hundred metres away in a basement, a naked man taking a shower senses that he is needed, walking through several high-security no-access checkpoint areas unchallenged and opening a locked door for which there is no key

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

emetic in the hallway near the guard wasnt good idea - he vomited in a bin in the style area :mad:

e: SA done - the bit with two people talking about helmut, there is a guard, and he directs a woman into a toilet. i didn't make a move then, but opposite the toilet - toilets on your right facing the guard - there's a room with a vacuum cleaner. i waited until target's second cycle - the two people talking about helmut were gone, the woman in the bathroom was gone, i turned the vacuum cleaner on and the guard went in there, then i closed the door behind him. i entered the toilet, tossed a coin, the target came in, i lethal syringed him and left. easy easy easy easy easy

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah coins combined with blocking models after him to isolate him is OP, you only have to take care of the one waiter (obv also with coins)