Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
:siren:LURKER CALLOUT TIME:siren:
~It's D2, and all these people have fewer posts than the Moderator!~
Click them and scrutinize their posts, it won't take long. Lurkers tend to be SCUM. I don't really count on this list because replaced into the game on Page 13, but I still encourage people to carefully read all my posts because they are great.

If you're on this list and you're Town, fuckin' get postin' so you don't get mislynched for being a lovely lurker, fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Serious question, i'm re-reading from page 8 and just making notes of it as I go. If I post them all will people read them? If people don't want to see a wall of text I will link to the google doc.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil and Rydia , now Tellahless, head onward into Damycan castle, as soon as they enter the red wings attack! By the time they get through the castle to the throne room it is too late, most are dead and there is a young man with a harp crying over the body of a young woman.

The man looks up

"You used to be the leader of the red wings weren't you? I suppose it doesn't matter now you already have your crystal just leave me to my misery."

"I am Cecil, and yes , I was, but I have LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN:siren: Renounced :siren: LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN Baron and I now oppose the king and seek to stop him. My girlfriend Rosa is sick with desert fever and I must get a sand ruby!"

"Oh, I think I see why you came here, you'll have to go east and north to the cave of the antlion, it secretes the sand rubies when it lays its eggs."

"Thank you, What is your name?"

"I am Edward, prince, I suppose king now, of Damycan. I want to go with yout though, I need to be brave, I've been a coward my whole life and now my precious Anna has died. You will need my help in the cave of the Antlion, let's go."

So the trio set out for the Antlion cave, on the way though, they ran into a strange man, he was old and ragged and was sitting next to a cart with a table set up and there was a crystal ball in the middle of the table.

The man spoke.

"I am a teller of fortunes and you look like agents of fate and destiny, if anyone needs my readings it is you, but only one of you may partake hmm, who shall it be?"

A. Cecil
B. Rydia
C. Edward
D. Learn the art of necromancy and come back with Tellah as a zombie.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 21, 2017

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Serious question, i'm re-reading from page 8 and just making notes of it as I go. If I post them all will people read them? If people don't want to see a wall of text I will link to the google doc.
Post each "note" as a post as you make it. Don't link offsite editable docs ever. If you make a wall of text post, yeah it will likely not be read. It is important to have your thoughts on the record, if you're for real. And if you're Scum, it gives me something to pick apart and hang you with. So yeah, post post post either way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Post each "note" as a post as you make it. Don't link offsite editable docs ever. If you make a wall of text post, yeah it will likely not be read. It is important to have your thoughts on the record, if you're for real. And if you're Scum, it gives me something to pick apart and hang you with. So yeah, post post post either way.

I'm literally 4 google doc pages in already broken down by post page so I will probably just do it like that.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CapitalistPig posted:

"I am Cecil, and yes , I was, but I have revoked Baron and I now oppose the king and seek to stop him. My girlfriend Rosa is sick with desert fever and I must get a sand ruby!"
I think the word you were looking for was "renounced".

CapitalistPig posted:

"I am a teller of fortunes and you look like agents of fate and destiny, if anyone needs my readings it is you, but only one of you may partake hmm, who shall it be?"

A. Cecil
B. Rydia
C. Edward

[/i]
I pick C.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lumpen posted:

I think the word you were looking for was "renounced".

I pick C.

Correct me again and I'll modkill you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Keane is right about EGFP

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I don't think it's Pander because why would he bring up a breadcrumb out in the open like that?

Especially because he's right and now KB will be a risk to kill because there might be a watcher or a doc on him.

I pointed out why in the post he responded to me on and he disregarded it. You've been in scum docs before with people who don't check in right? I know I have. It would be a way to let your scum buddies know if they aren't active/don't check in in doc/etc.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CapitalistPig posted:

Correct me again and I'll modkill you.
A thousand pardons, m'lord. From this day forward, may your errors remain a permanent testament to your wit, for all to see.
*cringes subserviently*
(or as you would say, "servantly" or "servially")

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

:siren:LURKER CALLOUT TIME:siren:
~It's D2, and all these people have fewer posts than the Moderator!~
Click them and scrutinize their posts, it won't take long. Lurkers tend to be SCUM. I don't really count on this list because replaced into the game on Page 13, but I still encourage people to carefully read all my posts because they are great.

If you're on this list and you're Town, fuckin' get postin' so you don't get mislynched for being a lovely lurker, fool.

You are preaching to the choir on this one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I'll read them if they are in thread.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Rarity posted:

This seems like the opposite reaction to what a towny would have. Why wouldn't you want to have an opinion on the vote leader?
It's not the reaction of a good towny, I agree, just one who didn't think he'd have the time to read over a particularly dense history.

Shorter ones were easier.

Rarity posted:

There's something about this post that pings me in ways I think I'm going to struggle to explain. Lumpen said this when pera was at -2 and her fate was already sealed. Normally when I see Lumpen being an obnoxious and patronising dick it's because he has a goal, whether its to cause scum to slip up or to get a towny riled so they look scummy. But in this situation there was nothing left to achieve, pera was already going to be lynched. It reads like Lumpen's putting on a show of douchebaggery because he knows we expect it of him, not because he has anything to gain.
That's a good read.

On a meta level, Lumpen should have played with me enough to know that I bus as scum like it's my job. Pera was crashing and burning, so what, Lumpen thought I would risk my neck to save her? Not if he's town he doesn't, he's not that ignorant. Lumpen knew how the flip would come out and wanted to get momentum going early on me. It explains his late suplexing of pera's corpse and early dumping on me for calling pera town.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Lumpen posted:

Excusing yourself like this is a Scumtell. You and Kashuno are both guilty of this. Townies who are actually busy don't feel self-conscious enough about it to explicitly excuse themselves, they just post when they can. You're apologizing preemptively for the wrongness/fakeness of what you're about to say, which betrays a dissembling mind. Scummy.

I assume you're talking about MMT, who you just said you haven't even read, but now you're praising choaslord's case. However, my vote is on Pander and has been since my first post of the day, so you're not paying much attention, and the quality of your opinion and analysis matches.

In fact, what stance are you even taking in this post? Are you in favor or opposed to lynching MMT? Wishywashy pointless post. Scummy.

what

feels like the only reason you have any opinion about me at all is I disagreed with you, and you're still twisting my words. I will grant you that I was mistaken about you voting for mmt

Lumpen posted:

I direct you to Tobbs doing it first, and he was nightkilled.

I am not quoting MMT out of context. I am saying that from a Town Mind therory of mind perspective, the specific wording is implausible. Read/quote my entire post there. MMT's way of putting her sentence suggests to me that it comes from the mindset of a Lunarian trying and failing to hide it. Not a smoking gun but a valid and useful observation, in my experience.

MMT's flip will show if I was right again.

the bolded part in particular is what made me assume incorrectly. I don't have a problem with your vote on pander. if that's your main reason for wanting to vote mmt, that's dumb as hell and you should know better. db's vote on mmt is extra dumb for that reason - it's not even an original thought

I didn't excuse myself; I posted to say I'm currently in four (4) games, one of which is at a crucial juncture and one where your post count = your powers. my posting will probably drop this day, and I'm gonna tell the thread that

I'm trying to stop :effort:ing my way through town games and actually really enjoyed seriousposting d1 for a change. I came into d2 with feels about players, and so started with rereads of those with shorter postcounts and those that defended pera specifically. I am fully caught up on the thread and have read all of mmt's posts. I said I have not reread mmt or rarity yet, which is something I stated I was going to do. I also stated very unambiguously in reply to you that my vote will likely be on mmt over pander pending a reread of her and rarity now that pera's alignment was confirmed. I haven't done that yet. chaoslord was who I agreed with wrt mmt on d1. you are implying you're paying more attention than I am, but I've said all this in the thread already.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

I for one am happy about the return of the D

knowledgeable people, is this scenario in line with the game?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Also, there's some sort of bus driver in this game, so keep that in mind

How can you tell?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I really want to pick the D.

But I'll wait for people to tell me if there is some game reason to do something else.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Kb wants the d

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Science of Suck posted:

How can you tell?

My role result, yon fisherman

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I pointed out why in the post he responded to me on and he disregarded it. You've been in scum docs before with people who don't check in right? I know I have. It would be a way to let your scum buddies know if they aren't active/don't check in in doc/etc.

Yes, but I don't believe it. It still seems like too much of a stretch.

If I'm scum and I see a breadcrumb nobody else sees, i'm putting it into the scumdoc for later and keeping my mouth shut and then discussing it during the night. My dumb absent scumbuddies can't do the kill without coming into the doc so even if they aren't caring I'm still the one who gets to act on the information. The benefit of getting annoying scumbuddies who are presumably reading the thread closely enough to catch you pointing something out but not reading the doc at all isn't worth town knowing that you caught the breadcrumb.

Pointing out a breadcrumb in the thread is dumb as hell and bad for everyone, but it's worse for scum.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

IllegallySober posted:

Confirming.

KB, are you scum this game?

King Burgundy posted:

Dude, I'm so excited! Not scum! Very happy!

IllegallySober posted:

I believe you. For now. :angel:

this was the interaction I saw that made me pretty sure KB was confirmed masons.

Cause I mis-read the flip and thought IS was the twin and Tobbs was Tellah.

uh oops.

In my defense the actual mason breadcrumb was even more obvious.

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, wonder twin powers, activate! Form of S C U M H U N T E R.

King Burgundy posted:

You have a really high opinion of scum. Is it because you are one? :)

No, I just know from experience that in a group of 3-6 people there's at least one person who's interested enough to find stuff like that. There's no guarantee a doc or watcher or whatever other town role that could help you would. I'd rather you be a known lightning rod than a quiet NK.

The scum probably are laughing their heads off at me but hey, I'm having fun, and that's what's important.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I really want to pick the D.

But I'll wait for people to tell me if there is some game reason to do something else.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Pander posted:

On a meta level, Lumpen should have played with me enough to know that I bus as scum like it's my job.
Back this up with some examples, because in my meta knowledge you are like me and aware that Scum numbers are everything and that busing is almost always a bad deal. I don't bus, and I don't remember you "busing as scum like it's your job" at all. When we were Scum together in the famous merk's WIFOA, we dunked on the whole Town by sticking together other than judicious distancing. In fact I think I could find other examples of you sticking your neck way out to try and save a Scumbuddy, at extreme cost because it got you lynched. Maybe in the WOW soldiers game by mordecius?

Anyway, your post is false, your premise is fake, and I happen to know you're Scum. You can try and OMGUS me and see where that gets you.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Little Mac posted:

The bandwagonning? I don't think MMT is a bad vote at all, but it's weird that she's been jumped on so hard. I have no problem voting MMT, but I think the Pander case is much better. Seriously look at Pander's post after Lumpen calls him out for lurking (which seems kinda inappropriate but Lumpen).

I saw the thread opened and there were 49 new posts. I started reading. When I got to the end, the last post was Lumpen's calling me out.

It was stupid coincidence, and typically lovely of Lumpen to assume that what he desired at that moment was what the world demanded.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I do.

Do you have any thoughts on anyone's alignment in this game? I don't think you have shared any.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

My role result, yon fisherman

Hey Fisk, you normally have strong opinions when people post that lurkers are usually scum. Where is your response to Lumpen's post on this page?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Back this up with some examples, because in my meta knowledge you are like me and aware that Scum numbers are everything and that busing is almost always a bad deal. I don't bus, and I don't remember you "busing as scum like it's your job" at all. When we were Scum together in the famous merk's WIFOA, we dunked on the whole Town by sticking together other than judicious distancing. In fact I think I could find other examples of you sticking your neck way out to try and save a Scumbuddy, at extreme cost because it got you lynched. Maybe in the WOW soldiers game by mordecius?

Anyway, your post is false, your premise is fake, and I happen to know you're Scum. You can try and OMGUS me and see where that gets you.

That game was an insane anomaly and I think I still suggested bussing Varinn. In one soldiers game I died as scum due to my horrible play D1 when I stressed out, I think. I don't remember bussing or not bussing either way, all I remember was getting caught by TNL and flailing like crazy.

You're wrong about me and pretty tunneled regardless. You were already calling me scum for not calling pera scum before the flip ever happened, so at best you're bad at logic and at worst you're scum and you were setting me up based on my lazy D1.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm voting C for no reason!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Vote D

Lumpen posted:

That wasn't to seal pera's lynch, it was a continuation of a conversation from Survivor, and pera needs major help with her Scum game, clearly. I only bother to be an obnoxious and patronising dick so that peramene can become better, because I think peramene is the most interesting and delightful Mafia player who's come along in quite a while. Also because I was really really feeling sure she would flip Scum and I wanted a post on the record to feel smug about D2.

This is lumpen's response to Rarity, who had scum feelings about a post he made at the end of D1 about pera.
The way he has worded it, it makes me feel like he KNEW pera would flip scum and he wanted to get on the record. This isn't a townie play, and I know Lumpen has a reputation but this just seems like a scum player making sure there is evidence to point back to D1.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
page 8-14, lots of quotes and stuff. Lunch is running short, so I am doing the rest with just paragraph summaries unless something sticks out
Page 8

GulagDolls posted:

I am a water monster.

Important to note after rarity’s claim

Quidthulhu posted:

I've played a lot of games with Asiina lately and something about this sentence seems far more "constructed" than her usual off the cuff fast takes she's been giving with her town streak lately.

Want to hear more from quid re: asiina. Quid does a lot of posting here but it’s mostly white noise. Somewhat sus. His joke(?) to J Fisk was weird.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT hunting 3P D1 and being hedgy.

Ho boy ##vote MMT

:agreed: This looks bad especially so early on.

Murmur Twin posted:

In a game where Pig said there are three alignments, I thought it was worth pointing out that Rarity was claiming to be a character who would fit into the profile of a third alignment.

You can call that 3P hunting if you want, it was literally just me saying something that I noticed.

Mmm okay I buy this.

Page 9

Ahab Itualliar posted:

I legit believe this

Will revisit day 2.

Joke phase sucks rear end.

Rarity posted:

Yeahhhhhh, no.

Yeah, I'm not buying this for a second. This is only my second game with pera so I can't really call this a meta read but from everything I know about her as a person there's no way she'd be happy to sit back and let the game happen without putting her two cents in, even as disappointed town. She loves the sound of her own voice far too much (just look at how wordy her posts are) and she has too much pride in herself to take a backseat to everyone else. I think she's refusing to engage because she rolled scum and wants to coast for a while to make sure she goes the distance in her first scum game.

I'm very excited to see her posts of praise for me in the scumdoc after the game ends :)

This post from Rarity bothers me. It seems really constructed and fake, especially since Rarity of her own admission hasn’t mafia’d much with pera. Ehhhh.

Rarity posted:

I'm reading FF3 and pera did the exact same thing in that game where she was town so ##unvote

Fine.

Fuckin lol yeah this is really not looking good for Rarity. Quick takeback of an opinion like that reads as scum trying to distance themselves but still run interference.

Page 10
~Event Stuff~ Finally to MMT casing stuff!

Murmur Twin posted:

Setup spec ahoy!

##vote Infinitum - town won FF3 and D was always a bad option so I find it suspicious that Infi is trying to encourage people to choose it.

I choose C - if D is bad, it means dream pies are bad, and since Kain goes all evil in the first half of FF4 I feel like I'd rather have him be the one to eat it.

HOLY BAD this is looking for an excuse to vote inf. Dunno if scum MMT would be so obvious but WOW

(Sidenote: Keane is shitposting A LOT)

Quidthulhu posted:

The MMT/Inf argument is p. boring to me, I think they're both town

Asiina still reading as completely manufactured.

##vote Asiina

Oh there’s quid with more about Asiina. I do agree with Quid that Asiina looks manufactured up to this point. She makes a pretty wordy post but no serious opinion on pera. It’s like she is talking about her just to talk about her. Would vote.

Inf/MMT seems like a dumb slap fight.

Asiina posted:

I'll get to the day event in a minute, but I remembered I said I'd be able to know whether KB is scum by page 10 so I went to check his posting. There's not much there so I was feeling like drat, I can't make a call yet and was going to encourage him to post more then I read this post again, which was in response to me saying I'd be able to know if he was scum or not:

This posts assumes I'm town. It would make no sense at all if I was scum, a possibility KB doesn't even consider.

SCUM SLIP?!

##vote KB

I didn’t immediately think much of this beyond a joke but it is important for later.

Page 11

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't know if this is fully serious but I do find it curious and would consider it worth another look

Fisk RE: Asiina on KB. Want to see more from all sides in this.

CCKeane posted:

This is a good point.

Same re KB

Asiina posted:

It's mostly serious. I do legitimately think it's odd and want to hear more from KB. The vote is just to add some pressure rather than thinking I have a 100% rock solid case.

Okay.

~Back and forth Asii/Quid~

Mithross pops in, yet to hear anything substantial from him. Enola pops in no opinions.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Your point depends on KB knowing your alignment, but he's not one to be immediately suspicious of people. When he's town, his cases are well-reasoned, and come after he's found information pointing to someone being scum.

Remember FF3? He pushed lurkers, made a terrible case on IS, and was scum. Youre making an alignment call based on twisted logic (KB can't be interested in my alignment calls on him unless he's scum) is actually completely nonsensical.

Give it a bit more time, and look at his cases before calling his alignment.

Same opinion.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm pretty sure that posting things and seeing how the other party reacts is also called "analysis".

Any votes/cases made at this point in the game are going to be based on hunches and I didn't really feel like it's worth going through it point by point, but if it helps:

Questions for Infi:

(a) Why is it dumb to bring up the information that D was always a bad choice in the last FF game? Would you prefer that I withhold information that jumps out to me that might help town?

(b) You encouraged people to stand out and make their own choices, and then voted me and called me "dumb or scum" for doing exactly that. Do you agree or disagree with this?

(c) In the event that you're town and D is a bad choice, you're basically encouraging town to follow up a mistake (choosing D) with another mistake (turboing a town player). Do you agree or disagree with this?

Doubling down on a horrible read. Strikes me as bad town not scum.

Bifauxnen posted:

you know, I'm from Auspol and so I haven't played as many games with Asiina, but literally every one I have happened to see her play in I think she's been town. (can someone point out a game for me where she has been scum, cause I can't remember reading one)

And yet, every single time, she ends up being cased the same way like this. "oh she sounds fake", "oh she sounds manufactured", usually without much else to say about it. Maybe it's just a personal thing I'm wired to notice more cause I feel like I get the same treatment a lot, but I think if I can notice the trend by now you guys should too and maybe it's just trying to push known buttons on purpose.

##vote Quidthulu

I really don’t like this. Nowhere in this post is Bif accusing Quid of being scum, but rather just that Asiina is town. If it’s just that everyone calls her scum for that reason, WHY does it make quid scum to do the norm?

peramene posted:

tl;dr: I will be reading MMT, KB, and Rarity's jokephase posts. I will google at least my flavor and probably a quick skim of the FF4 plot tho I do want to play it some day so ehhhh spoilers???? suck it up, sara. (MMT - FF4 good to me?); don't trust Asiina just because she's posting. Never trust me, KB, MMT, or Rarity. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I just listed the entire scum team and then we rolled town laughing maniacally? Dream team.

Make note of MMT, KB, and Rarity.

Page 12
<null>, maybe note IS for his big talk on pera saying nothing.
Page 13

Pussy Quipped posted:

I think in this post:

If it had been a longer amount of time it would be more of a red flag, but I don't think it is really that siren-worthy especially since she did address it less than an hour later.

I do agree with you here that there is an inconsistency, but this:

is kind of a weird thing to do. Why not just point it out and further solidify your case? Why not give the rest of us idiot townies the information?

Lots of defense for pera on this page from PQ. Strange defense, calling out a lot of people for their pera votes. Not gonna go over all of it but this one especially stood out. PQ is likely scum

Lumpen posted:

Hello pals.

I have caught up, and I feel confident peramene will flip Scum based on her page 9 flaming scumpost, reinforced by her subsequent ones.

##Vote peramene

Someday we will both survive to the point of the game where you can see me post a List, peramene, someday.

Yep

Page 14

Mithross finally appears to agree pera is bad. Bif makes a huge post about pera/MMT/Rarity and honestly really says NOTHING. It’s a huge post :ironicat: for no reason. Still voting quid after this. Out of character? Bif is running defense.

Asiina posted:

Okay, since KB did a catchup I am making my official prediction based on gut that he is Town. We'll see after the game whether it's all in my head.

I am leaning voting MMT or pera. I'm not feeling super strong on either of them, but strong enough for a D1 vote.

##vote MMT since it's a marginally stronger read.

Would also unashamedly vote Lumpen for entirely unrelated to game reasons.

I don’t like this post r

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Hey CCKeane, I am genuinely unsure if this is just jokephase, an actual role claim/ability use, or both or what.

Why haven't you voted MMT yet?

Enola's post of keane quotes and then his follow up question seem really bad. Three of the four quoted posts are obvious jokes. Enola, why havent you voted ANYONE yet? Avoiding bandwagons isnt an answer.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I like Edward.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

If you think my interactions with pera yesterday are suspicious you've got a screw loose.

It's not so much how you interacted with pera as it is the combination of the late vote and the refusal to case MT. Have you even made that case yet today? I don't remember seeing it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

That wasn't to seal pera's lynch, it was a continuation of a conversation from Survivor, and pera needs major help with her Scum game, clearly. I only bother to be an obnoxious and patronising dick so that peramene can become better, because I think peramene is the most interesting and delightful Mafia player who's come along in quite a while. Also because I was really really feeling sure she would flip Scum and I wanted a post on the record to feel smug about D2.

I find it interesting that you were really sure she would flip scum but never bothered to give a proper reason for it. Saying "that post is scummy" doesn't count as a proper reason.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

D

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Page 15
~Less time left in my read back so gonna boil these down to key points from here on I think~

Weird no one seems to agree with Quid. pera is obvious but come on. Gulag yet to post anything at all relevant. IS and TIAS post a lot of noise. I don’t like it. Dick Bastardly comes around from…??? Says nothing. Taste seems good. Weird bif poo poo. Lots of people running to MMT over pera makes me think the case on MMT is bad. Scum don’t want to split the vote that way between two scum.

Page 16
Chaoslord comes in. KB IS SCUM I AM CALLING IT AS OF THIS PAGE. Inf MMT still going town slapfight jfc. Science of Suck comes in. Agree on Bif. The amount of “hm I think mmt scum but voting pera” is at critical mass by now but pera is scum so? Idk the third alignment thing MIGHT come into play but I don’t feel scum team from her or inf.

Page 17
Little mac…? DB defending pera bad. poo poo with pera dumb af. Pander comes in and...votes rarity. Reallly...odd.

Yeah I’m stopping her the amount of pissing about on pera isn’t giving me anything new.Onto d2.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I do.

Do you have any thoughts on anyone's alignment in this game? I don't think you have shared any.

I most suspicious of Bif for a lot of filler posting and Dick Bastardly for being an opportunist. I guess I'd call it gut suspicions about J Fisk.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

I direct you to Tobbs doing it first, and he was nightkilled.

I am not quoting MMT out of context. I am saying that from a Town Mind therory of mind perspective, the specific wording is implausible. Read/quote my entire post there. MMT's way of putting her sentence suggests to me that it comes from the mindset of a Lunarian trying and failing to hide it. Not a smoking gun but a valid and useful observation, in my experience.

MMT's flip will show if I was right again.

Tobbs voted MT for 3P hunting, he certainly didn't misquote her the way you did.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
top scum reads from reading are rarity, PQ, KB. Definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
oh ya and Bif.

• Locked thread