Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

Well to be fair I don't think any streamers/youtubers are being kind to this game. Sheer force of inertia will make this game sell well. But it could be the last time that happens. Hell, the latest CoD game had mediocre sales, which indicates that anything is possible.

Ah yes after making a bajillion rote CoD games in consumers are finally wising up and the latest only sold "mediocre". If anything that shows just how dumb we as consumers are, I don't think we are at a turning point here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Here's a teaser for what's right behind the trial cutoff :getin:

I have to say, so far it's pretty cool

this part is fun as hell, game owns

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

cams posted:

this part is fun as hell, game owns

QUAID. START THE REACTOR.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

some people's obsession with posting about how bad this game is and how much they want Bioware to fail is bordering on mental ilness

this isn't directed at anyone specific in this thread because i almost never read this thread

Quick! He's questioned the GoonMind! RED TITLE HIM AT ONCE.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zotix posted:

So if this game is actually poo poo, what is the next big release to get hyped about?

New Normandy Wargame has had positive word of mouth from the beta.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

You may think that this game is good but Team Triss? Get the gently caress out.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Zotix posted:

So if this game is actually poo poo, what is the next big release to get hyped about?
Prey
Divinity: Original Sin II
Red Dead Redemption 2 if it releases this year

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
thanks to this thread i just bought nier. gonna be back in here when this game hits sales tho as for all the hate, i still love me some mass effect. enjoy the game people. see u on the other side

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

1stGear posted:

Its probably going to be the same as DA2, where there's a high spike of preorders and day 1 buys from die-hard fans/people who don't pay attention to game news but there's no follow-up from people who didn't pre-order and read reviews.

I'm eager to see the lowest review it gets from decent outlets because it's still coasting on a bunch of no-name sites ranking it high on Metacritic right now. Gamespot has it at 65, and that's a loving kiss of death if there ever was one.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Popete posted:

Ah yes after making a bajillion rote CoD games in consumers are finally wising up and the latest only sold "mediocre". If anything that shows just how dumb we as consumers are, I don't think we are at a turning point here.

Remains to be seen. I never thought I'd see the day when the sales of a CoD game were anything but "great". If the next one also has disappointing sales then things get very interesting.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Palpek posted:

Prey

I'm super looking forward to a 4 player DOS2 playthough. It's REALLY fun to play through an RPG with other people.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't get why the humans make such a big deal over religion in mass effect when the Asari and Hanar both are deeply spiritual. Why do humans never discuss belief with alien religious leaders?

That's one thing I always find funny in the sci-fi genre. Babylon 5 did it great where one of the alien's with the usual species-wide faith was asking about human beliefs and the CO, I forget his name, lines up 50 different clerics, preachers, imams, rabbis, priests, gurus etc. That one did it right.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

WMain00 posted:

Yeah...

:smith:

Luckily I chose Team Yen. Triss sucks.
i chose team triss just for continuity from w2

if you want to see a masterclass in animation and voice acting, turn down yen after the djinn's spell is broken. girl was so crushed that i felt bad

i legit felt bad for rejecting a video game character ffs

Serf
May 5, 2011

Palpek posted:

Prey

I'm roughly 1000x more hyped for Prey than this game. As much as I love Mass Effect, I loved the System Shock games way, way more.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Serf posted:

Well to be fair I don't think any streamers/youtubers are being kind to this game. Sheer force of inertia will make this game sell well. But it could be the last time that happens. Hell, the latest CoD game had mediocre sales, which indicates that anything is possible.

Look at Halo sales figures, it peaks with Halo 3, then has been steadily declining, to the point they are touting selling 5 million copies a success when 3 sold 12 million

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Welp. VPN trickery not working for me. It recognizes the game is out according to my new time zone but Play is grayed out

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ash1138 posted:

if you want to see a masterclass in animation and voice acting, turn down yen after the djinn's spell is broken. girl was so crushed that i felt bad

It was loving cruel as poo poo for CDPR to let her go first and be all "Oh Geralt I still love you!" Only way to get off Team Yen is to get beat out.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 20, 2017

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ash1138 posted:

noooo how could you

Yen has had a rough life and Geralt has behaved like a dog before, how could you hurt her again.

:qq:

Serf
May 5, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Look at Halo sales figures, it peaks with Halo 3, then has been steadily declining, to the point they are touting selling 5 million copies a success when 3 sold 12 million

The series should have ended after the best game, Reach.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Zotix posted:

I'm getting hyped about Shadow of War. And Dark Souls 3 DLC I guess.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Serf posted:

I'm roughly 1000x more hyped for Prey than this game. As much as I love Mass Effect, I loved the System Shock games way, way more.

my brother in law who works at arkane assures me that prey will do to system shock what dishonored did to thief, so fingers crossed!

no, really, i have a brother in law who works at arkane

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Ash1138 posted:

This is seriously important. Andromeda is not going to do this.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Arglebargle III posted:

noooo how could you

Yen has had a rough life and Geralt has behaved like a dog before, how could you hurt her again.

Because Yen is a power hungry manipulative child. She's not CAPABLE of love, she doesn't know what it means.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I kinda wonder if that's just inevitable with long-running franchises

like I got Gears of War 4 to play with my friends and it's the same fucken thing as Gears of War 1-3

you enter an arena with waist-high cover, Marcus Fenix goes "drat, MORE OF THEM" and you murder bug monsters for 30 seconds, repeat forever. Unless you're the biggest Gears of War fan in the world, why would you want to do that again?

now with something like Mass Effect or Dragon age the promise of a new story and new characters is theoretically enough to avoid this problem but might not have been in this case?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

my brother in law who works at arkane assures me that prey will do to system shock what dishonored did to thief, so fingers crossed!

no, really, i have a brother in law who works at arkane

Ugh, this just makes me more excited. And it comes out on a weekend where we have to work, so it's gonna suck to wait even longer to play it.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i had no idea that the witcher 3, the greatest video game rpg in the history of video games, had waifu wars

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

WMain00 posted:

They'll probably rake money from Mass Effect also because the generation before us don't give it a gently caress about reviews, listen to the likes of PewDiePie and are a slave to commerce.

Just quoting this hilarity so I can find it later for a good chuckle

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Several new leaked videos from Andromeda :

https://i.imgur.com/XLCgfMd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/1WrLZUK.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/vnYyRdL.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/hgwZSw0.mp4

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

Because Yen is a power hungry manipulative child. She's not CAPABLE of love, she doesn't know what it means.

ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Can't she find a nice wizard to settle down with

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Ash1138 posted:

I don't like being an rear end in a top hat in games so if I play W3 again I'll just skip that quest to avoid the romance. One good thing about W3 is that you can just straight-up skip any quest you want, whereas in other games you might not much like a quest but want to do it to get xp or a cool item.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yen was a tiny crippled hunchback much like Ryder make u think

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

where are all these gifs actually coming from there's been other ones showing up places too

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Arglebargle III posted:

noooo how could you

amnesia!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Serf posted:

Remains to be seen. I never thought I'd see the day when the sales of a CoD game were anything but "great". If the next one also has disappointing sales then things get very interesting.

Micro transactions are the future, duh. Long as there's an outlet for doing dumb things with your wad, people will do dumb things.

What's funny is, IW and MWR actually have a solid plan for Micros: let whales blow their money on 1000 crate openings while sane people just pop open a crate every now and then. Then everyone gets currency to get what they want in the end.

I get the feeling Andromeda has a risk of running micros since there is an MP component.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

where are all these gifs actually coming from there's been other ones showing up places too

I just saw it over on imgur, and comments were made about how awesome the new Mass Effect game looks. Since I am not creative enough to do anything else I immediately reposted them here.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zikan posted:

i had no idea that the witcher 3, the greatest video game rpg in the history of video games, had waifu wars

Bioware has got to be reeling that Overwatch swooped in and captured 95% of the video game waifu market virtually overnight.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

widespread posted:

Micro transactions are the future, duh. Long as there's an outlet for doing dumb things with your wad, people will do dumb things.

What's funny is, IW and MWR actually have a solid plan for Micros: let whales blow their money on 1000 crate openings while sane people just pop open a crate every now and then. Then everyone gets currency to get what they want in the end.

I get the feeling Andromeda has a risk of running micros since there is an MP component.

I guess you aren't familiar with ME3. Buying crates to randomly get new characters or good stuff was in that. I feel like it was pretty early on that, too.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ash1138 posted:

Also the bad ending is probably one of the best directed sequences I've ever seen in a video game. From the technical standpoint it's incredibly well acted, written and shot but from the emotional standpoint It's heart-breaking and really ballsy of CDPR to have the protagonist of their AAA+ game commit suicide and have it properly built up. You just don't get stuff like this in other games with these production values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

widespread posted:

I mean you can buy points for the crates, that was in ME3 as well. I spent more on those crates than I like to admit to.