Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Furthermore all my stocks are down today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

WMain00 posted:

Lol if you think the Lib Dems have principles if power was handed to them.

lol if you think that Special Conference is just going to roll over for the leadership. The leadership couldn't even get Conference to back Gatwick expansion.

And any confidence deal must go through Special Conference. There's no way around it for the leadership.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

FAUXTON posted:

Isn't Corbyn pro-Brexit for a host of dumbass reasons?

Yes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TinTower posted:

lol if you think that Special Conference is just going to roll over for the leadership. The leadership couldn't even get Conference to back Gatwick expansion.

And any confidence deal must go through Special Conference. There's no way around it for the leadership.

Did the coalition just not happen to you?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

TinTower posted:

I agree, the LibDems have always shown backbone when it comes to powe ....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

remember when they made that coalition because cameron promised them a referendum that he then spent all his resources on making GBS threads over lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TinTower posted:

Didn't the Lib Dems join the coalition in 2010 before a Special Conference could be held? Quick google tells me that was held May 16th 2010 and we had a government before then.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Come on Labour, we need 1 (ONE) killer policy, not vague talk about a more decent Britain. 500,000 houses per year. Something like that.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

It did.

Pithy soundbites don't change the fact that I'm the only person in the thread who has any idea on how a Special Conference would vote.

forkboy84 posted:

Didn't the Lib Dems join the coalition in 2010 before a Special Conference could be held? Quick google tells me that was held May 16th 2010 and we had a government before then.

The coalition agreement that was agreed on May 11th 2010 was subject to Special Conference, because constitutionally it has to be.

If the leadership tried to bypass a Special Conference to even give supply and demand, there'd almost certainly be a Special Conference to remove said leadership. Conference is very proud of its sovereignty.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Tesseraction posted:

remember when they made that coalition because cameron promised them a referendum that he then spent all his resources on making GBS threads over lmao

A referendum for an election system that wasn't even the Lib Dems aim for in electoral reform that they got outplayed by Gordon Brown into being the one on the table during his lame duck period past election.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Come on Labour, we need 1 (ONE) killer policy, not vague talk about a more decent Britain. 500,000 houses per year. Something like that.

Not bold enough for modern bullshit britain (bullshittain). Promise 500k new houses per hour. W/ free dogs.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TinTower posted:

It did.

Pithy soundbites don't change the fact that I'm the only person in the thread who has any idea on how a Special Conference would vote.

They'd roll over like the spineless worms they are.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TinTower posted:

It did.

Also the only person in the thread who thinks the Lib Dems matter.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Oh brilliant, another summer of misery courtesy of the tory party. Just what I need right now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jBrereton posted:

They looked the possibility of being the anti-Brexit party dead in the eye and chose Jeremy Corbyn, an unlikeable old pro-Brexit coot, to lead them. That's the killer policy. Policy being "kill the labour party."

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattzarb/status/854300033323343872

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

jBrereton posted:

They have no excuse for not whipping out as many left-wing sounding policies as they can now.

Keep hammering down on funding the NHS, education and housing and hope for the best

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

They looked the possibility of being the anti-Brexit party dead in the eye and chose Jeremy Corbyn, an unlikeable old pro-Brexit coot, to lead them. That's the killer policy.
Yeah yeah this is all well and good but they need a NEW one killer policy.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FAUXTON posted:

Isn't Corbyn pro-Brexit for a host of dumbass reasons?

Mostly that he respects the democratic vote and that 40 of the top 50 Leave voting seats are Labour

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jBrereton posted:

Something about trains?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

They'd roll over like the spineless worms they are.

I'm glad you know so many Lib Dem members who go to Conference to say that with any certainty.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Probably what the policy blitz has been about for all the good it's done in the polls.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 18, 2017

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TinTower posted:

I'm glad you know so many Lib Dem members who go to Conference to say that with any certainty.

So you're just going to ignore that the Liberals had already agreed to join the coalition several days before he Special Conference decided to agree on it?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jBrereton posted:

Lol are they able to hold another leadership vote and reaffirm Corbyn as leader? Policy being "no, really, gently caress you all, die screaming"

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

If that statement by Corbyn was "very prepared" I'm afraid what happens when they have to improvise.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Lol are they able to hold another leadership vote and reaffirm Corbyn as leader? Policy being "no, really, gently caress you all, die screaming"

You sound like you have a deep understanding of British politics.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TinTower posted:

The point is that it doesn't matter. We've all seen what the Lib dems do when they actually get power.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Hello UKMT my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a Tory PM was creeping
In the morn while I was sleeping
In the kitchen that is planted in my brain
Corbyn remains
Amongst the sound of jam jars

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

GaussianCopula posted:

If that statement by Corbyn was "very prepared" I'm afraid what happens when they have to improvise.

He hides behind glass doors.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Make Brexit Brex Again

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Tigey posted:

They have no excuse for not whipping out as many left-wing sounding policies as they can now.
wrong you anime fuckwit they need one (ONE) good, interesting centre-left policy

Not a bunch of left wing bluster before the lights go out at Labour HQ.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

TinTower posted:

I, for one, am happy to have the inside scoop on the complicated machination of the trivial and pointless LibDems. Please keep us informed on your next Hot Take regarding the special conference.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Hey, I get to use this again!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

Oberleutnant posted:

Get out you nazi oval office

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

jBrereton posted:

wrong you anime fuckwit they need one (ONE) good, interesting centre-left policy

Be polite to immigrants when you tell them to go back to where they come from?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Get out of this thread you loving nazi oval office

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pissflaps posted:

Why is that post ironic?

You believe polling data is wrong and Labour will be able to form a government in June?

Because of the words that regularly come out of your keyboard.

Have you switched to the Lib Dems yet?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jBrereton posted:

So none of the ones they've been putting out in the last few days count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

radmonger posted:

The bookies give him a 5% chance of wining this one; 20/1 chances come in all the time.

lol

• Locked thread