Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
It looks like a park ranger's hat to me, like what you'd see Smokey the Bear wearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

That's it! I knew it reminded me of something but I couldn't find the right words for google.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I always figured it was some sort of goofy tricorne.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I think it's supposed to look like what Captain Crunch wears.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
There used to be a poop sprite in the shape of the captain's hat.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dirk the Average posted:

I think it's supposed to look like what Captain Crunch wears.

Yeah a bicorne worn athwartships in the old style

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicorne

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

http://www.clickhole.com/clickventu...ialMarketing#1,

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lmao

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club

Haine posted:

Thank you again!

Also Drug Crow's fate is to die, either by door or angry spaceman. They cannot escape this fate.

Making doors kill birds was my best addition to this game

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Jvie posted:

Who made the sprites of the current goonstation? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out what sort of hat the captain's hat is supposed to be.

A stetson with... golden stuff on the brim? Weird sci-fi headwear?

I see the thing in the middle as a big ol' hand giving the bird.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jvie posted:

Who made the sprites of the current goonstation? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out what sort of hat the captain's hat is supposed to be.

A stetson with... golden stuff on the brim? Weird sci-fi headwear?

I always assumed it was meant to be like a flat-brimmed Drill Sergeant's hat.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I always assumed it was meant to be like a flat-brimmed Drill Sergeant's hat.

Private pyle, I assure you my hat does in fact have a flat brim. why dont you assume the front leaning rest position.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Ghazk posted:

While not very original by SS13 standards, I have a fond memory of being an antagonist and making a copy of the garbage compactor from disposals. I set up a new compactor in the middle of a hallway and set up a cloaking field to hide it. Then made up a story and called on the radio for urgent security and medical help. As people came running down the hallway to my rescue, they would suddenly turn into a fine bloody mist.
I got pulped by that!

Spy_Guy posted:

The issue with cog2 at the moment is that it doesn't cope well with low-pop rounds. If there's less than around 20 people the station starts feeling very deserted because it's too big for that playercount.
This in turn leads to less people joining or sticking around and all of a sudden we have a negative feedback loop.
Can Cogmap 1 telescience please have the TV cameras from Cogmap 2?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Another thing that's been ending rounds is that the station sometimes loses it's powergrid when someone's cutting and placing wires, the station gets very dark very quickly and someone has to call the shuttle, the other is antags deciding to go on a murder spree with 10 people in the round.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Yeah if there's only like ten people do something fun like kidnap a crewmember or something maybe, rampages during lowpop are part of why we have lowpop sometimes

edit: Well I guess you can rampage too, but instead of outright killing people like remove a leg or something, so you end up with nine angry crew hopping after you in a very slow chase

Poland Spring fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 5, 2017

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
A good one for lowpop server antagonists is to abduct their target (sleepypen is great for this) and seal themselves in medical to perform "experiments" with their new pal. Brag loudly over the radio about your "great work" and you can keep everyone (including your target) entertained and still accomplish your objectives.

Alternate idea for changelings on slow servers: Become a clown who performs the most horrifying tricks involving hapless monkeys/assistants.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I played for a while and then stopped because George Melons always killed me.

I decided to get back in, and the botanist wanted to show me some cool watermelons she'd grown.

I might give it another shot to see how George will grief me today.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's nothing worse than a rampaging traitor/changeling captain on low cap. Been thinking on stuff to do. One idea was an AI law to have the crew sacrifice to it to avoid it murdering them all. Starting with simple stuff like tools and moving up to a blood sacrifice in the AI core by removing their heart

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
This is the kind of engine I would imagine a good 3d space station 13 would be on/look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRrQTIGxqEs

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Every multiplayer game should have a "ragdoll" button imo

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

There's nothing worse than a rampaging traitor/changeling captain on low cap. Been thinking on stuff to do. One idea was an AI law to have the crew sacrifice to it to avoid it murdering them all. Starting with simple stuff like tools and moving up to a blood sacrifice in the AI core by removing their heart

A couple of months ago, the same guy got traitor cap several rounds in a row, when there were about four or five people on. He'd immediately grab some rampage gear (I think it was wrassling belt + something else), kill the few guys masochistic enough to hang around, then call the shuttle and and hang around arrivals while waiting for it to arrive. It's not like he was cheating or anything, dude was just lucky, but you'd think after the third time it would have lost its appeal.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

This is the kind of engine I would imagine a good 3d space station 13 would be on/look like

This is incredible. How have I missed hearing about this game for so long?

leekster
Jun 20, 2013

FPzero posted:

This is incredible. How have I missed hearing about this game for so long?

This is just an aside but I am part of the dev team's internal testing group. If anyone has any questions you can PM or join​ the discord https://discord.gg/m4tEB
The game is done in unity.

The last time I played I tried to make chilis that were infused with THC. I ate one and instantly turned to ash. The potency carried over but none of the calm. It wasn't a big deal until the chef broke into botany and took them to cook!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

leekster posted:

The last time I played I tried to make chilis that were infused with THC. I ate one and instantly turned to ash. The potency carried over but none of the calm. It wasn't a big deal until the chef broke into botany and took them to cook!

He's a professional, he knew exactly what he was doing. :chef:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I haven't laughed this hard since Gang Beasts :munch:.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
People doing poo poo like mindslaving one or two people, then borging the rest of the people during a low pop round is un-fun.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SugarAddict posted:

a low pop round is un-fun.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Accidents are the most fun, please code more accident potential.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

People doing poo poo like mindslaving one or two people, then borging the rest of the people during a low pop round is un-fun.

actually it's funny making borg armies

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

actually it's funny making borg armies

i once borged the brain from a dead wizard who ressurected via soulshield. It ripped him from his new body to the borg where he promptly flipped the gently caress out at me. It was amazing.

I also Borged the same traitor twice in a round. First time he ran off as the borg and cursed me off, pushing someone to re human him. Second time he ran off for rehumaning only to come back and brutally murder me.

Never not borg antags.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

frodnonnag posted:

i once borged the brain from a dead wizard who ressurected via soulshield. It ripped him from his new body to the borg where he promptly flipped the gently caress out at me. It was amazing.

I also Borged the same traitor twice in a round. First time he ran off as the borg and cursed me off, pushing someone to re human him. Second time he ran off for rehumaning only to come back and brutally murder me.

Never not borg antags.

I once Borged a zombified player, that was pretty fun. All it could do is hiss and snarl at people while helping them.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

one time a few years ago i was a changeling that got borged

i was able to regenerate from my brain alone by changing form, which caused my borg body to explode in all directions in its parts and a naked human to pop out

also i could reborgify at will as my borg body had been added to my transformation list

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

one time a few years ago i was a changeling that got borged

i was able to regenerate from my brain alone by changing form, which caused my borg body to explode in all directions in its parts and a naked human to pop out

also i could reborgify at will as my borg body had been added to my transformation list

That is awesome. I wonder if that's just a weird consequence of the changeling and borg stuff interacting, or if it was put in there intentionally.

Changelings are the best antags.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I wonder if the borgbod explosion could be used as a weapon.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Probably only as weaponized grief against janitors.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Janitors can feel anything besides a numb, tired acceptance of all things or a quiet satisfaction when someone falls over?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mors Rattus posted:

Janitors can feel anything besides a numb, tired acceptance of all things or a quiet satisfaction when someone falls over?

The perverse glee of knowing they've angered dozens of people to the point of trying to beat them to death with their own mop and bucket?

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The perverse glee of knowing they've angered dozens of people to the point of trying to beat them to death with their own mop and bucket?

I mean, the alternative is that you actually try to do your job and every other person on the station shoves you over and/or runs off with your trolley. Playing the janitor job straight is a miserable affair.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Blastinus posted:

I mean, the alternative is that you actually try to do your job and every other person on the station shoves you over and/or runs off with your trolley. Playing the janitor job straight is a miserable affair.

I usually have fun with it, but then I operate under, "If it's on the floor it's trash." Liberal interpretations may take this to mean that the floor tiles are also trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Unhappy Meal posted:

I usually have fun with it, but then I operate under, "If it's on the floor it's trash." Liberal interpretations may take this to mean that the floor tiles are also trash.

Katamari Trash Cart is the best way to play janitor.