Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's no Pittsburgh

thank god for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

C-Euro posted:

Older goons- is this similar to what the OJ trial was like in terms of media frenzy? I was pretty young in '94 so I don't remember much about it.

OJ was the peak of 24 hour news making us crave scraps of information and then endless commentary on those scraps of information. It is a good comparison but with the internet, all of that poo poo is amped up where a million voices are giving a million hot takes and a million leaks are being reported by millions of blue checks.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

i don't know how you got this red title when I swear I don't remember a single Karl Sharks post that didn't mention north carolina

It's prett6 well established that I'm the Indiana poster least likely to mention being a Hoosier in this thread

So for the next few days my plan is to make this avatar purchase worth it by constantly harpoing on living in a lovely rear end state

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

I'm the best kind of Hoosier because I am actually a huge Buckeyes fan by birth and raising
i grew up and realized that its much more amusing to not gaf about duke vs carolina cuz everbody else gettin so worked up is just :discourse:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Epic High Five posted:

and if u think a gas station food item is the actual best value per dollar then ur especially talkin to the wrong homie because despite being chepa, poo poo is still a rip

yeah. the best value is the burger king dumpster after 2am but they put this cone thing over the top (i guess to keep raccoons out) but I can't get in there unless I engineer some kind of crane-grabber claw device,,.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Maybe someone convinced Trump to crash as hard as possible as a cautionary tale to the world. I mean, we for sure aren't going to forget about him anytime soon!

twelfth dimensional chess where the final goal is to checkmate himself? you may be on to something here 🤔

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure what you are talking about and have never been banned but yes!!!

Some guy got banned from that game for refusing to communicate with teammates for spamming Go Hoosiers! It's pretty hard to do that. He couldn't stop

GO HOOSIERS

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

drat, that owns

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I feel like I'm experiencing time all at once, like I've just shoved my face in a pile of melange and I'm just breathing it in. I've got liquid 2-CB and I'm dabbing it on the head of my prick. I feel the Cosmos.

gently caress, I'm going to bed.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

God yes that's exactly what this is like. Except amped up 1000% and it involves the loving government.

That's what I figured.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

i can smile a bit knowing that Trump will go down as the worst president in history when all he wanted was for everyone to love and worship him

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

It's prett6 well established that I'm the Indiana poster least likely to mention being a Hoosier in this thread

So for the next few days my plan is to make this avatar purchase worth it by constantly harpoing on living in a lovely rear end state

my lovely state invented nascar to celebrate getting drunk and outrunning the cops while smugglin liquor

which is ncaf i guess

e s s e q v a m v i d e r i

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maybe someone convinced Trump to crash as hard as possible as a cautionary tale to the world. I mean, we for sure aren't going to forget about him anytime soon!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompression_(The_Outer_Limits)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i couldn't afford tickets to see boris play pink a couple years ago and im still a little miffed about it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

yeah. the best value is the burger king dumpster after 2am but they put this cone thing over the top (i guess to keep raccoons out) but I can't get in there unless I engineer some kind of crane-grabber claw device,,.

ZDR this is clearly a raccoon poster plz deal with them

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I feel like I'm experiencing time all at once, like I've just shoved my face in a pile of melange and I'm just breathing it in. I've got liquid 2-CB and I'm dabbing it on the head of my prick. I feel the Cosmos.

gently caress, I'm going to bed.

That's what I figured.

wth just eat acid and shrooms like normal folks do you fukken weirdo

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

This constant drip off Twitter news is like slot machine addictive. Most of the time it's nothing, but I don't want to miss the big somethingburger. I know it's coming just a few more thread refreshes.

poo poo you're right. im here trying to sleep but every hour someone makes a sick hot take that i just have to read

because trump is the winner

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

That's the poo poo right there guys. But when we got to Bill Mitchell's listed address, we find nothing but a mobile home with a server in it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i grew up and realized that its much more amusing to not gaf about duke vs carolina cuz everbody else gettin so worked up is just :discourse:

O-H-

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

see if you can just post about Iowa all the time so Jastiger gets sad and goes away

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

shiksa posted:

i couldn't afford tickets to see boris play pink a couple years ago and im still a little miffed about it.

holy poo poo ive seen dinosaur like 4 times since they got back together and all but once it was louder than the last time

not that i could really hear them last time lol

guess i pulled a beethoven inventing bradwave after seeing them twice ah ah ah

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

petit choux posted:

That's the poo poo right there guys. But when we got to Bill Mitchell's listed address, we find nothing but a mobile home with a server in it.

the tweets were coming from inside our hearts

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MadJackal posted:

Welcome to Nightvale is really funny and different.

Did it ever get back to being focused on the town or is it still narrator focused?

Sidestep
May 16, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Older goons- is this similar to what the OJ trial was like in terms of media frenzy? I was pretty young in '94 so I don't remember much about it.

To my recollection this is way, way crazier. OJ was one of the first major round the clock, reporters creeping in the bushes to ambush people, updates every thirty minutes, stories I remember after the first gulf war. Somehow, it doesn't seem anywhere close to this, with new crazy revelations every few hours now.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

shiksa posted:

i saw them a couple of years ago, but it was a bunch of poo poo from New Album and it was kinda boring tbh

boris ain't been great lately imo

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

The Music Man has a song about Indiana.
"Gary Indiana Gary Indiana Gary Indiana"

Turns out the guy is lying about graduating there anyway, he was something of conman you see, kinda reminds me of a certain President.

Anyway good movie.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

my lovely state invented nascar to celebrate getting drunk and outrunning the cops while smugglin liquor

which is ncaf i guess

e s s e q v a m v i d e r i

the origins of nascar and the insane ways crew chiefs cheated back before, like, the 90s is amazing and the current state of nascar is kind of a disgrace to that legacy of the dukes of hazzard forming an outlaw sport.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

OH HELL YEAH

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

TwoStepBoog posted:

i can smile a bit knowing that Trump will go down as the worst president in history when all he wanted was for everyone to love and worship him

I don't know if he will. He won't get to stick around long enough to cause a lot of damage. Most incompetent by far but not worst.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

see if you can just post about Iowa all the time so Jastiger gets sad and goes away

Lol like I'm half as pathetic enough to be called an Iowan

What a bunch of sad stupid Nazi voting cucks

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

bill mitchell is the realest mofo to ever put on eyeliner and make a trump tweet

True

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

petit choux posted:

i too watched the x-files

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Trump: Some Of You Guys Are Alright. Don't leave your fallout bunkers tomorrow.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

we're going to forget within a year of him being done. were children with ADD

remember 9/11? i thought not.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

shiksa posted:

the origins of nascar and the insane ways crew chiefs cheated back before, like, the 90s is amazing and the current state of nascar is kind of a disgrace to that legacy of the dukes of hazzard forming an outlaw sport.

Tell me about the cheating because this interests me. I am interested in Nascar right now.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im almost free from the grip of the midwest

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I'm a fuckin animal to who love all food from lovely gas station tacqitos to overpiced moron idiot tuna steaks and will never hsame somebody for eatin food

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

HorseRenoir posted:

bill mitchell has to be an elaborate joke, he's too ridiculous not to be

six months after trump stops being president billy is going to still be tweeting about how this is all part of president trump's master plan

Nonsense. He may be a sycophant, but he's not a sick elephant.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Corny posted:

i hope nazi gently caress gorka gets deported back to hungary

i hope he gets deported back to a hungary wood chipper

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

shiksa posted:

well theyre stil figurin out how to cheat

it was actually kinda heartwarming to hear almirola was 'heading home to mooresville' :3:

like srs car folks are movin here from all around the world to go fast, its totally weird but kinda cool

not that that id trust any current winston cup drivers to run a still for me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

remusclaw posted:

The Music Man has a song about Indiana.
"Gary Indiana Gary Indiana Gary Indiana"

Turns out the guy is lying about graduating there anyway, he was something of conman you see, kinda reminds me of a certain President.

Anyway good movie.

Sounds like a really lovely representation of something that is otherwise extremely straightforward

To whit

Stay the gently caress out of gary

• Locked thread