Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

I thought they said cross-save in the drat opening? So it's all just bullshit?

I don't know if they said that. But cross-save with PC can put the other platforms in danger. If cheating run rampant in the PC side, people could import OP stuff from the PC side. Is not something thats a concern me, but some people care a lot about that.

How well equipped will be the PC version to deal with cheating is a unknown at this point, but is sure that a cheatapocallipse can be a possible outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ah, I prob heard wrong. Not a big deal. Are all the PS4 goons gone? Seems mostly Xbox1 guys post. :3:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Vintersorg posted:

Ah, I prob heard wrong. Not a big deal. Are all the PS4 goons gone? Seems mostly Xbox1 guys post. :3:

Like everyone who posts on this thread but 5 people are on PS4. It's just those 5 post a lot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PS4 doesn't need a vocal pride movement.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

I thought the ghost dialogue was cute

:suicide:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rest in peace Dinklebot.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

PS4 doesn't need a vocal pride movement.

#xboxlivematters

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A day later and I'm a little sad that we won't have access to Venus or Mars in D2 until some expansion content drops (?), but it looks like the playspaces are going to be large and engaging enough that I'll be very happy with this leg of the Destiny 2 experience. I'm expecting this to feel a lot like Vanilla, and am half expecting a loot cave to be discovered.

vvvvv :siren: Carehards only after this point :siren: vvvvv

I photoshopped Luke Smith's hoodie onto the original Signal Received Alpha Lupi Array. All three spheres fit, but idkwtf to do with this information. Coloration is arbitrary and just for visual pop purposes. faaaaaaarrrtttt

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

I think some of you need to realize that Bungie is never gunna get rid of SBMM and either stop playing a game you hate because of a feature that's going nowhere or accept it.

Meant to reply to this as well, and I agree 100%. Game is going to remain P2P and if SBMM hasn't gone away then it sure as hell isn't going anywhere in the next 3 years, and just lmao if you think otherwise. They might try to claim that that have some ideas that they aren't going to talk about, and if you believe that, well, I've got a bridge to sell you.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Waffle House posted:

A day later and I'm a little sad that we won't have access to Venus or Mars in D2 until some expansion content drops (?), but it looks like the playspaces are going to be large and engaging enough that I'll be very happy with this leg of the Destiny 2 experience. I'm expecting this to feel a lot like Vanilla, and am half expecting a loot cave to be discovered.

I photoshopped Luke Smith's hoodie onto the original Signal Received Alpha Lupi Array. All three spheres fit, but idkwtf to do with this information. Coloration is arbitrary and just for visual pop purposes. faaaaaaarrrtttt

Never stop posting, and please keep doing these. I bet Smith reads this thread and wanted you specifically to do this.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Waffle House posted:

They want you to buy their hoodies. That's all

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think he reads this thread anymore, he got banned.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waffle House posted:

Lol good job man! I mean when I posted that yesterday I was 99.9% sure that he changed his sweatshirt because he was gross and sweaty but I'm glad you ran with it. :allears:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the good fax machine posted:

I don't think he reads this thread anymore, he got banned.

Please tell me there is a good story about why Luke Smith got banned.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Waffle House posted:

I read this has 1, 3 and 4. Mercury, Earth, Mars.

This is the boring answer.

Solar system map.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System#/media/File:Planets2013.svg

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goons lose their poo poo whenever a developer advocates for their own game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

Please tell me there is a good story about why Luke Smith got banned.

That wasn't actually Luke Smith.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

That wasn't actually Luke Smith.

Oh okay. I think I remember now, it wasn't a very funny gimmick. Disappointing.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

I read this has 1, 3 and 4. Mercury, Earth, Mars.

This is the boring answer.

Solar system map.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System#/media/File:Planets2013.svg

iirc the "Populus" figure represents The Moon, but you got Mercury and Mars spot on.

I don't know if we have anything else we can 'do' with this information right now, but I'm posting this here just in case it illuminates something for me or really anyone later.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I love the obsession with hidden secrets people have online. Not just about Destiny but in general but in this case yes about Destiny.

Has Destiny ever had a real hidden secret thing? When was the last time anything had some secret ARG thing? Seems like forever.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

Has Destiny ever had a real hidden secret thing? When was the last time anything had some secret ARG thing? Seems like forever.

The Owl Sector event from a year ago

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 19, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Online?
This poo poo happened in the playground in school back when i was at least 7 or 8 years old.
"If you beat MGS 15 times you can play as meryl". Well i have beaten in 3 times now and my costume changed. So i'll try that

I beat MGS 13 times before the game stopped working :v:
The whole missigno glitch.

Now it's just much easier to find stuff like that

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

I love the obsession with hidden secrets people have online. Not just about Destiny but in general but in this case yes about Destiny.

Figuring out the outbreak prime thing involved ARG stuff iirc

Edit: specifically figuring out the canister puzzle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

There was an ARG surrounding the Outbreak Prime quest and a few things have popped up in the game with no announcement or clues (like the Black Spindle or NTTE encounters).

With modern online communities it's almost impossible to give every player their own personal discoveries any more.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FishBulb posted:

*Pat his black hammer* I like it when Destiny do it.

haveblue posted:

With modern online communities it's almost impossible to give every player their own personal discoveries any more.

Technically is possible, but.. is worth it?

Imagine instead of stock names, weapons had names generated from the seed that decide the perks. Then the name could get has surname the name of the first person to acquire that particular combination of perks.

Then you could make so weapons have a "elite" version with more perks, that are only unlocked after 100 kills. And when somebody do that with a new weapon name, a announcement serverwide shows, and the weapon become available to others in shops.

"Lyudmila-D - Haveblue Elite version available". Your name will be forever part of the weapon you "discovered".

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 19, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Black Spindle would barely count. I forgot about Outbreak Prime because I mean, it sucks.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The Owl Sector event from a year ago

Outbreak Prime

e: sorry guys I think I am dying

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I love how everything looks but I'm not really feeling the huuuge pauldrons and tiny waists on every Titan armor we've seen so far. It looks too stylized and cartoonish for me. Hunters and Warlocks look basically the same as before, I mean.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Someone posted video of themselves actually using the "Dubious Volley"/ Karaoke Launcher thing when demoing the game at the event yesterday, video link is pre-timestamped (3:35):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iNojdDWA9o&t=214s

...and it is totally a Volley Gun:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volley_gun

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

elpaganoescapa posted:

I love how everything looks but I'm not really feeling the huuuge pauldrons and tiny waists on every Titan armor we've seen so far. It looks too stylized and cartoonish for me. Hunters and Warlocks look basically the same as before, I mean.

Agreed. New titans we have seen look dumb.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm also in the titan shoulder pads look way too fuckin bulky camp. I was so disappointed when I got a set of Maulers and I saw how ridiculous the shoulders looked, I never actually wore them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Titan fashion has always been pretty sketchy. If you want to look like a badass you typically end up using bits and pieces from different sources.. I think only the IB sets have looked good when "complete."

Bungie seems to struggle with their aesthetic. You keep seeing hints they want to go down the world of warcraft HUGE SHOULDERS road but never commit fully to it.

Not sure how they could gently caress it up as titans are basically spartans from Halo, and they had no problems making badass tanky armor for Reach.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I suppose not all armor will be like that but who knows. I want my magical space barbie to look cool, drat it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It could be just that the artist are more interesting in making fun/good hunter and warlocks. Is honestly weird that "Blocky - Robot/Soldier-ske" aesthetic is the one that they have problem with in a science-fiction game, of all things.

Then theres things like the Blacksmith shader not available to everyone. Metal + a good shader = fly cool.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I also dislike that the titan on the cover is generic as all gently caress military fade CoD protagonist #1354, but that's w/e

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Black Spindle would barely count. I forgot about Outbreak Prime because I mean, it sucks.

How DARE you

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gotta say, I really love the little tweaks/redesigns the enemies have gotten. It may not seem like much via youtube, but it really does make D2 feel like more of a step up. It makes even familiar looking enemies have a little something extra. I particularly like the new Phalanx shields that have a giant off button in the middle that you can shoot (okay that's kind of dumb).

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I want my titan to have enormous stupid shoulders.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

It could be just that the artist are more interesting in making fun/good hunter

Hunters look like poo poo, just a bunch of cunts stuck in gas masks and draped in retard curtains. IB Y2 and Snow Angel are their only true escape from being fashion victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Re: titans.

Go to about 3:40 here and you see a female Titan with what are vary much D1 legs but with new D2 style shoulders. It's not a good look imho.

https://youtu.be/10TbML18pMg