Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Does anyone know the origins of the "please don't sing Dragula" thing? It cracks me up whenever someone references it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Segmentation Fox posted:

Does anyone know the origins of the "please don't sing Dragula" thing? It cracks me up whenever someone references it.

I was sure it was mentioned in this thread or the saga thread within the last month or so but I can't find it with the search

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
In the "dumb marketing moves" thread there is what began as a simple derail about airplanes and poo poo, and then began to spiral pretty weirdly, personal insults/accusations that had nothing to do with the topic, etc.

Choco1980 posted:

Dumb Marketing Moves: Apparently Jet Fuel DOES Melt Goon Brains

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

Segmentation Fox posted:

should probably have this bookmarked, as it is the best post.

The Golden Man posted:

me: mom i think i may be in trouble for getting $1300 in american money on a donation website by saying I have leukemia please dont sing dragula
mom: dead i am the one
me, sobbing: please please i got a phone call from the canada revenus agency
my dad via speakerphone: conquering the worm

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I always loved the ones where the parents are just doing the nonsense crooning from that one pearl jam song or whatever, someone post that

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

purple death ray posted:

I always loved the ones where the parents are just doing the nonsense crooning from that one pearl jam song or whatever, someone post that

it's the "we-ell the dogs will find her" one

that's the song, I don't have the post

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750059&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post452511590

theflyingorc posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750059&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post452359907

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoldfishStew posted:

Thank you (I guess?) to whoever got me the avatar. I will say, the Real Doll molds are pretty great and the customization you can do is insane. Not to give TMI but the fact that I can't BE with my girlfriend while she's away but I can still be with a vaginal facsimile has made a huge difference. Laugh if you want but it's just like LD couples that FaceTime regularly (which we also do). Thought y'all fellow figure-heads would understand my appreciation but to each their own! Enjoy your horsie, freak. It's a friggin kids show...

GoldfishStew posted:

You know what, I always thought you guys treated the batman equipment guy meanly and now I feel it too. There's nothing worse than elitist bully nerds. They're all toys. You all spend money on loving toys. One of you admitted to buying a my little pony and tried to justify it by ball bearings. And im the loving freak? gently caress off.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Capn Beeb posted:

I saw a squirrel three weeks ago. The last time I saw one was over a year. There used to be a lot of them, then a few years back a father and son duo drove up next door and the kid was hanging out the window with a shotgun blasting squirrels out of trees. They both hopped out and kept going as the property owner came out of his house, threw a stuffed envelope in the truck, and went back inside. The retrievable squirrels went in the truck bed, but some still lingered in the limbs.

I miss squirrels. :(

Nowadays the neighbor kids have taken to shooting songbirds with pellet guns. Not to eat, as they're doing far better than anyone else in town financially and all, but just for something to do.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750059&perpage=40#post452336537

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

that's not really funny at all!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That seems to be a theme as of late, yes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pirate Radar posted:

This kills the joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCx0NeffRfI

ol' greggs pastry?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Archyduke posted:

My elementary school was briefly but extravagantly invested in Garfield, to the extent that there was an afternoon Garfield Club (where people just hung around in the library drawing Garfield, I guess?) and eventually Garfield books and paraphenalia were banned. After the ban kids would covertly swap Garfield digests behind the gas station half a mile down the road from the school. This was in the mid-90s so as far as I know well after the cartoon ended. Chalk it up to extraordinary delusions and/or the madness of crowds I guess. I remember a friend's very first AOL screenname being Knights_Odie and I assure you there was not a trace of irony involved.

I guess this isnt like the funniest quote but just imagine this situation happening IRL

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I was walking through the farmers market the other day and I came across a little stand selling bracelets and poo poo for a few dollars.

I figured this thread hasn't been nuked in a while... so.

Get wrecked Goons.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Do you have to be a watch weirdo to understand this

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I think it means there was piss inside a cheap watch? :confuoot:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Dr. Tim Whatley expressed his opinion of another goon's fashion choices by printing out his post and pissing on it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

purple death ray posted:

in that vein, smythe's posts about yosposter Werthog 95 are fantastic

(context was a discussion about paleo-dieting, and he commented that his parents had both gone on that diet and were "buff as hell")

Smythe posted:

Thinking about the buff mom and dad and our friend werthog (slouching, miserable, world-weary and his nongender bae sitting at the dinner table and I'm laughing. Werthog is the best poster in YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

Werthog wife screaming incoherently for no reason and weeping while he blankly stares into space as mom and dad do epic curls and overhead presses in the beautiful sun drenched foyer.

Smythe posted:

Werthog so house poor he sits on a nearly completely disintegrated side-of-the-road couch in an otherwise empty room a block away from Tori. He stares dejectedly at the floor as his wife angrily fills an adult coloring book and his buff dad, shirtless and glistening with a fine sheen of saccharine sweat installs an in-window a/c unit.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Dead Reckoning posted:

Dr. Tim Whatley expressed his opinion of another goon's fashion choices by printing out his post and pissing on it.

That's dedication.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Behold, the product of superior genes and racial superiority:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Sieg HEEY YOUUU GUUUYYYYYS

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yeah that's a totally normal and not gross way to post.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think normal things are funny, and gross things boring.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Dead Reckoning posted:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah that's a totally normal and not gross way to post.

For context: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
When I ask a sex worker to punch me in the balls I'll be sure to bring a printout of the wiki article with me, that'll make it less weird.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Well now it's art.

Fake edit: at first glance I liked the watch. I thought a watch head strapped with some rope and clever knots would be a great look. Then I saw the watch band and the pearls and ugh.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

UNIQUE ARTIFACT OBTAINED: OCTOPUS SPINE

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Yeah that's a totally normal and not gross way to art.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

Putting a horse head in a human's bed is intimidating, but guess what: it's even more effective on horses.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poor Freckles, got decapitated and....oh. Yeah, well that's not that weird actually.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I'm being an insensitive jerk but "Retarded Snail People" is hilarious to me.

The Kins posted:

They're slow in more ways than one!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Frankly, if one of the emergent behaviors of your system is minecraft cummies, you're better off scrapping the whole project and starting over. I don't care how omniscient you are, there's no amount of debugging that's going to salvage your creation at that point.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

What is that from? Neural network poo poo is always hilarious, I'd love to see the context of that.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah that's a totally normal and not gross way to art.

I don't think the artist was going for "totally normal"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

om nom nom posted:

What is that from? Neural network poo poo is always hilarious, I'd love to see the context of that.

It's, uh, us. Real life.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Funny picture thread suddenly went fast and furious down a tangent on books on farting Minecraft Steve.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I was about to write something pithy, but then I realized a line of educational children's books where historical figures meet flatulent video game characters is probably a million dollar idea

Like, Benjamin Franklin helps Sonic stop farting with the help of his farmers almanac, lightning rod and experience as a US diplomat

syscall girl posted:

gently caress Sonic

Benjamin Franklin and the Hemp Collective Battle Anti-dissectionism

Female sidekick all with a bag on her head

It's okay kids, he does :science:

Yeah but who's farting you didn't mention any farting ??

syscall girl posted:

*ahem* it was called 'wind' back then

how do you think they get the kite up?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We don't need a modern YA author to write a fart book involving Benny Franklin. Franklin invented fart books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fart_Proudly

Also these are pretty great:

Railing Kill posted:

Yep, books about farts sure do exist. No argument here. But I still don't think it's a prudish opinion to say that most of these are a waste of space in a fuckin library.

Guy Goodbody posted:

You know who else thought he should get to decide what books shouldn't be allowed in libraries?

Railing Kill posted:

Mods, please change my name to Fart Book Hitler. tia

e: forgot fart proudly

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 08:02 on Jun 5, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

Funny picture thread suddenly went fast and furious down a tangent on books on farting Minecraft Steve.

Also these are pretty great:

Somewhere Avshalom just awoke in a cold sweat

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

good on them to leverage web services

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

I know of a couple of nerds that have been together since they were like twelve and are so inseparable that everyone refers to them by a portmanteau of their first names (e.g. "brangelina"). She apparently "doesn't like sex very much" so the boyfriend once jury rigged a home made dick sleeve out of latex gloves and packing tape and used that regularly.

They got married like last year in a wedding where everyone dressed in cosplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What are their account names?