Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
It would be cool if they didn't give out the tiny rear end cactuar or the turtles from the raid summon because that poo poo is pure clutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Wilhelm + Tilith are a drat good pair for the counter attack mog raid. First turn Tilith cures everything while Wilhelm buffs defense and spirit. Managed to clear all the missions with no one dying thanks to those two.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I guess the best way to get butterfly scales is just to run BGN a few times? I guess I only need like 8 each, so 24 energy's not really a huge waste.

Edit: Looks like they stop spawning if you re-run it enough times. Up to ADV, it is.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 30, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Got a Rikku finally from the daily pull today so I'm feeling good. Looked up how to gear up my new Fohlen and Rem and realized that I have a bunch of Letters and Arms ready for the TM farming. I'm feeling super good about things in the game for me right now.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Wilhelm + Tilith are a drat good pair for the counter attack mog raid. First turn Tilith cures everything while Wilhelm buffs defense and spirit. Managed to clear all the missions with no one dying thanks to those two.

Can Wilhelm break? That's what makes WoL so great to me. R1, he can ATK/MAG break and R2 (after Rikku buffs everyone), he can DEF/SPR break.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I've been sick to death of having no 5* DPS so I decided to go all in on this banner, used 69 tickets and an 11 pull.

3 Rikku (do I need more than 1?)
18 Wakka
Dark Fina 2
Setzer 3
Xon 2

Aaand that's about it of note. Everyone else a duplicate that I have no need for or garbage tier.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Palleon posted:

I've been sick to death of having no 5* DPS so I decided to go all in on this banner, used 69 tickets and an 11 pull.

3 Rikku (do I need more than 1?)
18 Wakka
Dark Fina 2
Setzer 3
Xon 2

Aaand that's about it of note. Everyone else a duplicate that I have no need for or garbage tier.

Someone else who has more knowledge of the JPN game can probably give a better answer, but the only reason I can think of needing more than 1 is the 10 man split team raid I've heard about. Would be nice to have a Rikku on each squad.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Echophonic posted:

I guess the best way to get butterfly scales is just to run BGN a few times? I guess I only need like 8 each, so 24 energy's not really a huge waste.

Edit: Looks like they stop spawning if you re-run it enough times. Up to ADV, it is.

After running each mission once I had everything but Razzmataz(sp). Ran ELT again, got everything I needed. ELT gives you so many you shouldn't be ok after running it twice.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

PaybackJack posted:

After running each mission once I had everything but Razzmataz(sp). Ran ELT again, got everything I needed. ELT gives you so many you shouldn't be ok after running it twice.

I just needed a handful, but didn't feel like slogging through Spherimorph again. It wasn't difficult with my team, but I'm pretty sure re-running the lower ones is going to be less effort since I'm back and forth to the game anyway.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

Someone else who has more knowledge of the JPN game can probably give a better answer, but the only reason I can think of needing more than 1 is the 10 man split team raid I've heard about. Would be nice to have a Rikku on each squad.

You cant use more than one of a character for 10 mans which is why usually Orlandu and Dark Veritas are the top damage dealers for that content, since they chain perfectly together.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BDawg posted:

Can Wilhelm break? That's what makes WoL so great to me. R1, he can ATK/MAG break and R2 (after Rikku buffs everyone), he can DEF/SPR break.

Wilhelm only has buffs unfortunately, WoL has some of the best breaks available. His Eraser skills are great, and totally outshine Full Break. He's firmly in the #1 breaker spot right now.

Who can break stats better than him at 45%? I know Elza has the best DEF/SPR break (at 50%). Who else has 50%, or better, breaks? Anyone?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rikku's pouch gives anybody the 30% three turn full break.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

PaybackJack posted:

Who else has 50%, or better, breaks? Anyone?

Not that this matters in this context, but Fryveia has a 50% ATK break.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Man, running out of metal cactuars to level up units with really sucks. I'm just working through the storyline now hoping to hit some decent spots to grind for unit EXP eventually. I got Tidus to 6-star and now I'm working on WoL to max 5-star.

I'll say one thing though, people aren't joking when they say WoL is a loving tank. Garbage-equipped and not even 6-star yet, he's seen me through several colloseum matches so far, one of which was against a literal team of 5 Trance Terras who got the first turn every single round. Dude just tanked all the hits for my Tillith and kept the party from getting nuked as a result.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

CyberLord XP posted:

Not that this matters in this context, but Fryveia has a 50% ATK break.

No, that definitely counts. I'm just trying to figure out who has the absolute highest stat breaks.

Elza - 50% DEF+SPR
Delita - 65% DEF
Delita - 65% SPR
Fryevia - 50% ATK

Does anyone have a MAG 50% break?

Also is there an AOE 'Full Buff' skill that gives more than 40% to each party member's ATK+DEF+MAG+SPR?

I thought Tilith's was 45% but it's just 40% and only 2 turns in duration.

For ST buffs obviously Minfilia is the Queen of that Mountain with her 100% buffs.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 30, 2017

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

HGH posted:

There's been reports of two different versions of the quest, with the final wave either being 3x metal Cactuar or 3x regular Cactuar. The latter drop the Support crysts, so if the former show up, Give Up on the quest or you'll be screwed out of a better reward.

Wow, that's lame. The crysts did indeed drop from a wave of regular (green) Cactuars, so make sure you get that version of the dungeon I guess.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Wilhelm only has buffs unfortunately, WoL has some of the best breaks available. His Eraser skills are great, and totally outshine Full Break. He's firmly in the #1 breaker spot right now.

Who can break stats better than him at 45%? I know Elza has the best DEF/SPR break (at 50%). Who else has 50%, or better, breaks? Anyone?

Delita's can be awakened to 65% spr and def breaks, which is useful for 1-2 turn kills

Edit: oh right its 65 not 60.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 30, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Don't forget Delita's -65% DEF & -65% SPR breaks :unsmith:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Ramza's buff song will give 100% to all stats for 3 rounds post enhancements.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

hamsystem posted:

Ramza's buff song will give 100% to all stats for 3 rounds post enhancements.

I'm only looking at the current roster, and as a Ramza owner I'd rather not think about him. :doom: GUMI!

Forgot Delita got the enhancements, updated:

Elza - 50% DEF+SPR
Delita - 65% DEF
Delita - 65% SPR
Fryevia - 50% ATK

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
20/20 for Tidus's LB and he should go to 24/25 with the burst pot and King Burst pot from the king mog rewards. Gonna enjoy that 100% water imperil, and with Rikku in the party giving him a 400% LB fill rate the odds of it being ready by turn 2 is pretty high. Apparently you have a 1-2 frame window to perfect chain him though, which is kinda rough (but perfect chains do obscene damage even compared to Orlandu, especially with 100% water imperil).

Logged in to find my missing Ruler's Ring in my list of gifts too. Only a 1atk loss to use it instead of Ifrit's claw on Orlandu but it lets me put the claw on Olive in place of an Icy Vein for a sizeable atk boost to her. :toot:

PaybackJack posted:

Aqua Blade is better in my opinion 1) if you want to run a 100% dodge Tidus

This is a good point. Aqua Blade lets you still have water element and use the Kiyomori from Orlandu's FFT event for more dodge. He comes with 30% dodge baked in so hitting 100% dodge without it should still be pretty doable though.

hamsystem posted:

Was having trouble with Mog counterattack, got WoL and Rikku leveled and it is now a joke. The hype is real y'all.

Hyper NulAll is amazing. I went back in to the ELT Maxwell fight last night with my king mog team (swapped out Orlandu for Fryevia) and the Rikku effect is very, very real. Maxwell hit Fryevia with Destiny and she didn't die due to Hyper NulAll (since it's only 100% in ELT and not 160% I guess?) and on turns where she didn't have her atk buff she was lucky to do more than a couple hundred damage to people since WoL ate most/all of the physical attacks.

At least this run properly gave me credit for the esper kill so I got the king burst pot for Tidus.

Servaetes posted:

It would be cool if they didn't give out the tiny rear end cactuar or the turtles from the raid summon because that poo poo is pure clutter.

As long as they're taking the place of crafting mats or magicite I'm fine with them. I need xp for Tidus, Rem, and a couple others.

PaybackJack posted:

Fryevia's Ice Age is -50% ATK, Olive's Shattering Shot is -50% DEF/Lightning Res. Elza's enhancements make me hopeful that we'll see something similar for Shattering Shot. Having even -60% DEF/Resist would be considerable.

I'd almost be tempted to level Delita for his enhancements but, eh, Delita. :geno:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I'm only looking at the current roster, and as a Ramza owner I'd rather not think about him. :doom: GUMI!

Elza - 50% DEF+SPR
Delita - 65% DEF
Delita - 65% SPR
Fryevia - 50% ATK

Ling & WoL are probably the highest current MAG breaks at -45%.

Otherwise, Ramza takes that title when his Enhancements come in at -60% MAG & -60% ATK breaks (or higher! I guess if they go the Delita route and increase them slightly). But then you're breaking with Ramza and not singing, so you're doing something wrong (although they do each last 5 turns).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

Ling & WoL are probably the highest current MAG breaks at -45%.

Otherwise, Ramza takes that title when his Enhancements come in at -60% MAG & -60% ATK breaks (or higher! I guess if they go the Delita route and increase them slightly). But then you're breaking with Ramza and not singing, so you're doing something wrong (although they do each last 5 turns).

They sure as hell aint going to increase Ramza's break given that his dance is that loving broken.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

BDawg posted:

No, but the rest of my team is TGC/TGC/Olive/ friend TGC so I have breaks covered. Considering swapping one TGC for Rikku (or Marie as needed) at this point. I wish I had Ling thought god dammit. She is the one unit that I missed on her banner and I pray they bring her back as a player choice or something.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 30, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Toss me an add if we're not already friends, I need more Tidus to practice chaining because drat it's a tight window.

763, 793, 980

Also I'm making some room for Trance Terra friends, because chaining Chaos Wave is super good and I can kit her out pretty well once I finish this second Genji Glove.

I'll try and do a rotation of Tidus and Trance Terra every couple days.

ZarathustraFollower posted:

No, but the rest of my team is TGC/TGC/Olive/ friend TGC so I have breaks covered. Considering swapping one TGC for Rikku (or Marie as needed) at this point. I wish I had Ling thought god dammit. She is the one unit that I missed on her banner and I pray they bring her back as a player choice or something.

#FirstWhaledProblems

I feel you though. Poor Olive #2, enjoy warming the bench a lot.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 30, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Had I realized I needed like 20 litrock to take WoL to 5*, I'd have farmed it when we had half energy. :mad:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 30, 2017

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm still trying to figure out a team to fit together.

Guys I have that are good:

1) WoL;
2) Wilhelm;
3) Amelia;
4) Tidus;
5) Rikku;
6) Y'shtola;
7) Setzer;
8) Exdeath
9) Cecil;
10) Xon

But i'm not really seeing any synergy. I should have rerolled.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What weapons have water element?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Not many TMR weapons afaik. Tidus' TMR Brotherhood, Camille's TMR Aqua Blade, and Mercedes's TMR Viking Axe are the big three ones I can recall.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

Toss me an add if we're not already friends, I need more Tidus to practice chaining because drat it's a tight window.

763, 793, 980

My Tidus isn't leveled yet and I still have Orlandu up as my leader. I've sent you a request in the meanwhile, though I'm not sure if I'll swap Tidus in as my leader since I have few on my friends list still and no shortage of 950+ atk Orlandu buddies.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Not many TMR weapons afaik. Tidus' TMR Brotherhood, Camille's TMR Aqua Blade, and Mercedes's TMR Viking Axe are the big three ones I can recall.

Trident as well, for spear users.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm still trying to figure out a team to fit together.

Guys I have that are good:

1) WoL;
2) Wilhelm;
3) Amelia;
4) Tidus;
5) Rikku;
6) Y'shtola;
7) Setzer;
8) Exdeath
9) Cecil;
10) Xon

But i'm not really seeing any synergy. I should have rerolled.

Nah, that party should be fine. WoL can break at -45% at 6* and can tank. Tidus is your main DPS and you want his trust mastery quick so you can take advantage of his big water resist down limit break easier. Rikku can support with HyperNullAll and AoE full raise. Y'shtola is a healer with dual cast baked in. 5th can be Setzer who you can try and cheese stuff with dice or try and build chains with.

I'm sure Wilhelm has some niche but I don't know his character well. Amelia isn't bad and great in arena with AoE stop. Exdeath is a decent enough caster when you need magic. Cecil ain't great next to Wilhelm and Warrior of Light but he has a good trust mastery. Xon has AoE steal which is nice, bring him when you do explorations and just have him use Waylay and you'll get a ton of basic crafting and awakening mats you can hoard or steal.

e:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Trident as well, for spear users.

Totally forgot about spears, good catch!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like multisummons are working now. I burned through a bunch of my mog coins.

I hav just enough of the 6* materials and Crimson Ore to get what I need for 6* WoL and Noctis. Who should I do first?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

I can put up my T.Terra as well. 850 MAG or so if that would help you.

Scrublord Prime posted:

im bediled as gently caress right now

Added you both as Trance Terra leaders.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They sure as hell aint going to increase Ramza's break given that his dance is that loving broken.

You're not on the goonlist but if you want to join up with more Trance Terra people add me if you didn't already.

I'm trying to get a decent mix of different leader units on my friend list. Reberta is one I'd like to see more of but she's somewhat in the middle of the pack at the moment and there are more attractive people to toss up.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Technically I'm T. Terra but it feels like I'm usually an event-specific unit. Right now I'm Setzer for fixed damage to help people kill Spheremorph. My T. Terra is 831 MAG atm but I've always got more TMRs baking for her (Magistral Crest and a 3rd L&A, then it's Magic Amplifier, Rainbow Robe, and Matty's Malice).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I still have my Orlandeau up (and set to Spirit Killer), but in the near future I'm wondering whether to stick with him, or switch over to Tidus as my carry friend unit.

I guess I could use the chaining practice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I'm trying to get a decent mix of different leader units on my friend list. Reberta is one I'd like to see more of but she's somewhat in the middle of the pack at the moment and there are more attractive people to toss up.

Could have sworn I added myself to it, oh well its there now

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Elza - 50% DEF+SPR
Delita - 65% DEF
Delita - 65% SPR
Fryevia - 50% ATK

Zyrus has 50% MAG break.

All you people suddenly putting up and/or offering to put up T.Terras, thank you. She actually is legitimately a good chainer, and non-elemental magic damage to boot. It's just that physical is SO MUCH BETTER right now. Bleh. Hopefully she gets her enhancements sooner rather than later, that will make her honestly equal to the Orlandus of the world.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
poo poo, I forgot about Zyrus.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

Zyrus has 50% MAG break.

All you people suddenly putting up and/or offering to put up T.Terras, thank you. She actually is legitimately a good chainer, and non-elemental magic damage to boot. It's just that physical is SO MUCH BETTER right now. Bleh. Hopefully she gets her enhancements sooner rather than later, that will make her honestly equal to the Orlandus of the world.

Yeah, the recent increase in legit casters is heartening but its so far away. Im hoping that the global version keeps getting exclusive events that add killer equipment for mages because that would boost them way ahead than in the JP version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It'd be great if there was another BiS hat for casters that wasn't from an event 8 months ago too! (although the Cat Ears aren't a bad alternative to people who missed the Spooky Mask)

• Locked thread