Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
It'd be cool if they actually did a proper show on health and fitness. It would help convince my lazy rear end to start working out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'd rather talk about which movie roles I'd like to see Braun Strowman in. Short answer: All of them, like that one scene in Being John Malkovich. Longer answer is that I can't look at Braun Strowman without thinking of Volstagg the Mighty from the Thor movies.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Can we get more posts about two nobodies arguing

Please respect SamuraiFoochs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my show idea is a gameshow, with wrestlers. renee young can host it and make everyone be alright for a while. The gameshow is exactly like jeopardy but instead of it being a screen it's these boxes that wrestlers can sit in, and the contestants play tic tac toe by agreeing or disagreeing with the way the wrestlers themselves answer the jeopardy questions. thers also a gimmick for the pervs out there, where wrestlers can choose to show their dick or not, but the kicker is that throughout the entire run of the gameshow, no one elects to show the dick. but you never know, so they have to tune in

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cavauro posted:

my show idea is a gameshow, with wrestlers. renee young can host it and make everyone be alright for a while. The gameshow is exactly like jeopardy but instead of it being a screen it's these boxes that wrestlers can sit in, and the contestants play tic tac toe by agreeing or disagreeing with the way the wrestlers themselves answer the jeopardy questions. thers also a gimmick for the pervs out there, where wrestlers can choose to show their dick or not, but the kicker is that throughout the entire run of the gameshow, no one elects to show the dick. but you never know, so they have to tune in

I'd watch it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just a game show where wrestlers answer trivia questions while taking unprotected chair shots to the head would be fine, why overthink it? Call it the Championship Trivia Experience.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

keevo posted:

It'd be cool if they actually did a proper show on health and fitness. It would help convince my lazy rear end to start working out.

Been waiting for this since before the network launch. 20-30 minutes of a wrestler discussing workouts and diets, would be super fun. Braun talks powerlifting, Seth talks Crossfit, poo poo like that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Capitalize on the hottest meme of two years ago by renting a hydraulic press and putting things like the million dollar title or enzos mic or dolph zigglers hand on it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mkay0 posted:

Been waiting for this since before the network launch. 20-30 minutes of a wrestler discussing workouts and diets, would be super fun. Braun talks powerlifting, Seth talks Crossfit, poo poo like that.

first episode: jinder mahal

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

what are some shows you'd like to see on the WWe network now that they have a lot of space for new content.

They need to put up the old Superstars.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Bring back the WBF.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd love a full hour show of Southpaw regional wrestling with matches but that would be good so we'll probably get a McMahon show or something

sure lets ruin the best thing wwe has done this decade

we got a perfect amount of southpaw content you nerds

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

in my head canon they just did lethal leapyear on the last sunday of the month and managed to survive

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Please respect SamuraiFoochs

Nice.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Raskolnikov38 posted:

first episode: jinder mahal

Unironically would like that. Even geared to the gills like he obviously is, he's got to have a killer diet and bodybuilding program

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Pat Patterson is in the center square, obviously.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Give me the Steve Blackman Bounty Hunter show. Also the XFL archives. And now that Assy McGee isn't around anymore, it's time to ressurect Mr. McMahon And His rear end.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

ban everyone who post something with max landis in it

Please rename me "Max Landis's Favorite Wrestler Triple H"

e: or Macaulay Culkin Cameo

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cavauro posted:

my show idea is amazing race + old hardcore title. teams of wrestlers have to go around the world completing challenges and using hints and their wits to get to their destination, but also there is an 'defended anytime, anywhere' hardcore belt being competed over. The ultimate goal is to get to the last episode finish line WITH the title.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

my show idea is amazing race + old hardcore title. teams of wrestlers have to go around the world completing challenges and using hints and their wits to get to their destination, but also there is an 'defended anytime, anywhere' hardcore belt being competed over. The ultimate goal is to get to the last episode finish line WITH the title.

thjis reminds me of satan

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cavauro posted:

thjis reminds me of satan

thank you :shobon:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Invalid Validation posted:

I can't imagine Talking Smack even cost much to do, you might as well just give your talent some time to be themselves for a change. What else is there to watch on the network anyways?
Those 24 documentary specials, NXT, 205 live, the PPVs, old shows, and Table for 3.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Random Raws from 1993-1996 so that by comparison today's WWE seems amazing and you stop complaining

Damien Demento is in every loving show for like 2 years I swear

You can't compare those Raws to what today's Raws are like. Back then the bigger matches happened fewer and farther between in general. There wasn't supposed to be a big meaningful main event every week and most of it was like Superstars except at night. And there were just a few big PPVs a year and that's where the big matches and stuff were supposed to happen. But the ratings wars changed that and brought about the idea of promoting big things every week.

Back then you had mostly jobber matches on and you LIKED it cause you got to see your favorite wrestlers go out there and do their stuff.

Not that a lot of those shows weren't terrible just the fan mindset going into them was different.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 15, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

keevo posted:

It's a side hustle for Cena, I just assumed it was the same for the rest of the roster (pretty sure a lot of the women will shill for weight loss ponzi scheme stuff on instagram). Regardless, that's something they would split off and charge extra for

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

You can't compare those Raws to what today's Raws are like. Back then the bigger matches happened fewer and farther between in general. There wasn't supposed to be a big meaningful main event every week and most of it was like Superstars except at night. And there were just a few big PPVs a year and that's where the big matches and stuff were supposed to happen. But the ratings wars changed that and brought about the idea of promoting big things every week.

Back then you had mostly jobber matches on and you LIKED it cause you got to see your favorite wrestlers go out there and do their stuff.

Not that a lot of those shows weren't terrible just the fan mindset going into them was different.

Yeah but even on top of the old jobber model, things were pretty bad creatively- there's a sense of stagnation and that the formula has gotten stale, even before Hogan's departure throws them into a tailspin. Modern WWE isn't *much* better but they occasionally achieve the illusion of something dramatic happening- the "wrestling as soap opera" model is now more ingrained.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My idea is an Internet Title that's the new 24/7 title and the WWE App will ping you when it's being defended on the Network.

Like Zack Ryder is on Ellen talking about something and then Erick Rowan will burst in and start beating the poo poo out of him and then Ellen gives Rowan a chair shot and Ryder hits the Rough Ryder to retain.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Chris Benoit Show

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

My idea is an Internet Title that's the new 24/7 title and the WWE App will ping you when it's being defended on the Network.

Like Zack Ryder is on Ellen talking about something and then Erick Rowan will burst in and start beating the poo poo out of him and then Ellen gives Rowan a chair shot and Ryder hits the Rough Ryder to retain.

I hope we can move past the idea that the internet and smartphones are novel, and we do away with irritating, obtrusive and needy programs like that, and bury it with the silval dipshits in turtlenecks from five years ago Criss Angeling and audience about a new app to narc on homeless people.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
A show where Enzo teaches things. The title could be "And you can. Teach. That."

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

a show with unfinished products and Braun finishes them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Good job on that everyone. a lot of shows have been thought up and probably more than they can put on at the moment truthfully. please consider the Question closed.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

Good job on that everyone. a lot of shows have been thought up and probably more than they can put on at the moment truthfully. please consider the Question closed.

How about a Really Big Show, Really Big

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Force wrestlers to play dungeons and dragons regardless of their feelings on the matter

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Force wrestlers to play dungeons and dragons regardless of their feelings on the matter
Force them to play 2nd edition.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

New Day playing DnD is something I need in my life.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Blooming Brilliant posted:

New Day playing DnD is something I need in my life.

Have other WWE folks as guest stars/characters, and add animated vignettes that help clarify what's going on

hell yes, I'd watch that

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i want xavier woods to be DM and have the guests be Breezango so he can become increasingly frustrated as his carefully constructed narrative is destroyed by their bumbling antics

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

dromal phrenia posted:

i want xavier woods to be DM and have the guests be Breezango so he can become increasingly frustrated as his carefully constructed narrative is destroyed by their bumbling antics

I never knew I wanted this until now. Please make this.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's very important that one of the players be very confused but earnest at all times. Ideally this would be Mark Henry or Rusev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i can't wait for james ellsworth to beat neville so we can get a cruiser champion with some real star power

• Locked thread