Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I wish the social space was somewhere cool like all the survivors hiding out under that broken shard of the traveler instead, but I'm guessing there's probably story missions (or maybe a strike/raid) that involve it instead. Something interesting and appropriate for the setting would have been preferable to the farm though, like maybe hiding out in a Rasputin bunker or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CheeseFactory posted:

Hello, here’s a pretty neat idea for Bungie in the new social space- The Farm.

Now, I know what you’re thinking, why do we need fishing? Well, I’ll tell you. It adds a factor of fun and excitement, especially when you catch something cool. Here’s how it can be planned out

A fishing vendor, a robot with your average fishing gear and hat called FLY-F1SH3R will arrive at the pond. He sells fishing rods and bait. The bait costs glimmer or legendary marks. Of course, the legendary mark bait will be higher quality and has the potential to fish up better loot. There are 3 rods you can buy...

Tier 1 Rod- Hard Wood, breaks after 15 casts
Tier 2 Rod- Steel, breaks after 30 casts
Tier 3 Rod- Reinforced Steel, breaks after 50 casts

The rods will be unlocked via catching loot/items/fish for FLY-F1SH3R in quests. At the end of his quest line, he gives you his exotic heavy gun called “The Whalebane”, it’s a harpoon gun that holds up to 4 harpoons.

The Whalebane is an exotic heavy weapon, and it’s the only Harpoon Gun in the game. Its damage type is Arc, and its exotic perk allows for all 4 harpoons to be shot at once by holding the reload button. The harpoons will however have a decent sized spread, and do some less damage.

After the quest line, you can still fish for loot and fish. FLY-F1SH3R will still buy your fish for glimmer, which you can use to buy more bait.

To keep people motivated to fishing, there will be rare fish in the pond. These fish sell for LEGENDARY MARKS. Yes, these are worth quite a bounty and FLY-F1SH3R will gladly take them off your hands. All of your catches will be recorded in your fishing book, along with the date where you caught the fish.

The loot pool of the Pond consists of weapons (No heavy weapons), boxes of glimmer, unique consumables, and fish.

There will be 6 docks that guardians can fish off of.

So, that’s my idea. I hope you guys enjoy it :).

Just thought of another idea, fishing bounties! Such as catch 50 fish, catch a rare fish, or even catch-of-the-week bounties!

Ideas for consumables listed below-

1. Essence of Luck, increased chance of reeling in a Rare Fish

2. Essence of Power, infinite casts for the next 3 minutes

3. Essence of Fortune, increased chance of reeling in a box of glimmer

4. Essence of Venture, increased chance of reeling in a quest item (stops dropping after fishing quest line is finished)

I'm going to make a clan called Fat Anglers Group (FAG) for those who want to join

This owns. I wanna be a FAG.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DrNutt posted:

This owns. I wanna be a FAG.

We all do.

Also the bungie forums are amazing for poo poo like this lol

How!
Oct 29, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

We all do.

Pls link so I can laugh

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmao

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

We all do.

i can't tell what's parody anymore

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mikey-San posted:

i can't tell what's parody anymore

Ah, 2017.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I hope they let you pose with the fish so I can update my tinder profile

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

I wish the social space was somewhere cool like all the survivors hiding out under that broken shard of the traveler instead, but I'm guessing there's probably story missions (or maybe a strike/raid) that involve it instead. Something interesting and appropriate for the setting would have been preferable to the farm though, like maybe hiding out in a Rasputin bunker or something.

Somebody talked about the area expanding / changing over time. Like the base in The Division. I hope they copy that feature. Like, in that grass of field beyond the soccer camp, they could land a lot of space ships, more as the game progress. Maybe even a fallen ship one.

Destiny 2 start with a small camp of survivors growing to a city. Destiny 2 could play this theme and make this farm the seed of a large survivors place.

But a idea like that maybe is too big for Bungie, they are good and they are good at other different things.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is gonna be a punishing 6 week wait. The beta was the most fun I've had with destiny since rolling the first week of the RoI launch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

BlindSite posted:

This is gonna be a punishing 6 week wait. The beta was the most fun I've had with destiny since rolling the first week of the RoI launch.

???

Do they call them the Beren"STAIN" Bears in your dimension, too?

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
The game is perfect.

All of the tears are perfect.

Everything perfect.

Namaste.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Same. I love D2 already and would happily keep blasting on only the two maps until release.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Same. I love D2 already and would happily keep blasting on only the two maps until release.

Strange to date two men both named Map

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Strange to date two men both named Map

Ones the dad

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

It's fun if you're in a 4 man.

Doing a 3 man last night and the 4th was some pubbie who went 2 and 20 and cost us the game. Made wanna tear off own my dick and beat him to death with it.

Once the cool downs are adjusted and we have more maps and modes it should be pretty decent PvP. It's still a bit laggy though and SBMM made those 5 second wait times on day 1 into 2 minute wait times of day 5.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I'm curious how they are going to balance sidearms and smg's. I don't really understand their purpose when you can equip two of any other primary gun. Why use an smg over an auto?

I think they really hosed up the weapon utility/niche with condensing heavy and special together.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Accidentally posted in the pc thread Oh well.

el B posted:

Looks like there's a Rare (blue) elemental bullet hose in the beta. Lucky and butt wipe are playing with a guy who has it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DrNutt posted:

That's even dumber. I don't care if the lore guys disagree, Rasputin forcing the Traveler to stay by blowing the gently caress out of it is the best interpretation of the story, and it's what I will go with until I'm directly contradicted by the Rasputin dlc for D2.

The alpha lupi cards contradict you so... :shrug:

I mean, you can believe whatever you want but in addition to zero evidence that Loki Crown was activated the "humanity special" angle is something that Bungie is kind of known for so why would Destiny be any different?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

???

Do they call them the Beren"STAIN" Bears in your dimension, too?

Tha'ts how it's pronounced but it's spelled "Bearinstein."
I too, am ready to waste a bunch of time playing this dumb game when it comes out.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SUNKOS posted:

Don't the whole first parts of the campaign involve making a pilgrimage to the shard to get your spacemagic back?
Also the glowing smoke pouring out probably irritates the cryptarch's eyes or something, and it attracts aliens like ants. Makes sense they'd avoid living directly in it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Old Swerdlow posted:

I'm curious how they are going to balance sidearms and smg's. I don't really understand their purpose when you can equip two of any other primary gun. Why use an smg over an auto?

I think they really hosed up the weapon utility/niche with condensing heavy and special together.

Smgs are real good if you can hit headshots and play aggressive. Kills faster than an ar in close.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Why is Tyra Karn standing in for Rahool? Did he die?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Why is Tyra Karn standing in for Rahool? Did he die?

Considering what happened to the Tower...

There are likely 4 social spaces so there are 3 other cryptarchs besides Tyra, he could be hiding out somewhere else.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Accidentally posted in the pc thread Oh well.

[Extremely Banned Wipe Voice] why does he get to roll around with that AR when my AR got banned?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

It's fun if you're in a 4 man.

Doing a 3 man last night and the 4th was some pubbie who went 2 and 20 and cost us the game. Made wanna tear off own my dick and beat him to death with it.

Once the cool downs are adjusted and we have more maps and modes it should be pretty decent PvP. It's still a bit laggy though and SBMM made those 5 second wait times on day 1 into 2 minute wait times of day 5.

[Extremely Derrick voice] we completely revamped pvp into 4v4 only and slowed it down so that the game was approachable and less chaotic for new players, oh by the way you better roll in a 4 man at all times or your rear end will get glassed. Finally, we left in the sbmm and lag.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Extremely Banned Wipe Voice] why does he get to roll around with that AR when my AR got banned?

this is a v good impression

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

haveblue posted:

Considering what happened to the Tower...

There are likely 4 social spaces so there are 3 other cryptarchs besides Tyra, he could be hiding out somewhere else.

Can't wait to "take the pilgrimage" to 4 different "social zones" to get my bounties, check gun rolls, search for xurs dumbass etc every Tuesday morning

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Xûr doesn't come on Tuesdays

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

Smgs are real good if you can hit headshots and play aggressive. Kills faster than an ar in close.

I wrote off SMGs as being gimmicky but Phosphorus is strong up close.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Extremely Derrick voice] we completely revamped pvp into 4v4 only and slowed it down so that the game was approachable and less chaotic for new players, oh by the way you better roll in a 4 man at all times or your rear end will get glassed. Finally, we left in the sbmm and lag.

PvP hasn't been solo playable since ttk.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Can't wait to "take the pilgrimage" to 4 different "social zones" to get my bounties, check gun rolls, search for xurs dumbass etc every Tuesday morning

You could just wait an hour for all the nerds to check all that poo poo and find him for you.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

You obviously have never played destiny 2

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yo whoever posted that weird moana post should be loving banned both from destiny and from these forums what the gently caress was that

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Im glad the Xbox One Crew is standing up to make sure people of gamer, and especially Hardcore people of gamer, look social and cool and NOT weird and forumly

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
it's nice to see the xbone finally get some exclusives :v:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Some motherfuckers got accidentally dropped into an 8-man strike, here's to hoping this lends credence to my "implies Big Team Battle" theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGGu2QgIaVc

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 25, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

PvP hasn't been solo playable since ttk.

No not for players like us, but you could still roll with less than a full fireteam in 6s and not get absolutely destroyed, and hell, probably win most of the time.

And even if I'd drop solo, my team might lose badly because of me and 5 retards vs 6 deec players, but I could still have fun pasting people. Here, it's gonna be me and 3 retards all getting shat on together.

It's just the nature of smaller teams. If they had dropped 6s for the existing 3s there would have been a riot. But somehow 4s is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

True. Much easier running a 5 man in Clash than a 2 man in Skirmish.

I'm not going to run anything less than a 4 man. I have 400 Destiny people on my friends list. Should be chill.

Anything less than 4 = PvE time. Because gently caress that