Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Greatest Living Man posted:

I uh... managed to delete my entire TV collection of 10+ years while setting up manually downloaded season packs from Jackett/Transmission to auto-import into Sonarr. Not really sure how it happened, but it had something to do with messing with the Drone Import settings. Anyway, just make sure you're careful and make snapshots before you gently caress around with stuff.

I kind of figured out what's going on. I have my Drone Factory folder set to my transmission download folder. When I manually download a season pack torrent to my transmission watched folder using Jackett for a series that's watched in Sonarr, it automatically sees that it's downloading and puts it in Activity. HOWEVER: It then spits out an error message "Download wasn't grabbed by Sonarr and not in a category, Skipping." once it's finished, and deletes the data associated with that torrent. Sometimes it will import the first episode, but still deletes the rest. I'm not sure how I can make Sonarr "accept" these downloads, because right now season pack searching through Sonarr itself doesn't seem to work.

e: https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/search-for-season-packs-torrent/14335/9 I guess there's no way to manually search for season packs?

Greatest Living Man fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Drone Factory is about to be deprecated, so you might want to look into that aspect.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Well Sickrage was great for the 30 seconds it ran stable on my NAS and then crashed and wiped its self clean of all configuration.

I have learned from this and just set up Sonarr and Radarr on my iMac instead.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
New thread title: Just use Sonarr and Radarr

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Is there a way to make NZBHydra pass along categories like a newznab indexer and let NZBGet do the mapping? Mapping inside Hydra is also fine. Whatever makes it automatic instead of a manual category popup every time I hit Send To NZBGet.

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

No, no, no you imbecile! That's not talc, that's paprika!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yep. You don't need them. Sonarr can handle all the stuff for you provided you went through the options.

I'm still not getting this to work right. It's still trying to use NZBtoSickBeard.py.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
In the SickRage world, echel0n's pettiness has reached new heights:
https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2017/2017-07-17-SiCKRAGE.md

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Keito posted:

In the SickRage world, echel0n's pettiness has reached new heights:
https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2017/2017-07-17-SiCKRAGE.md

Isn't sickrage's entire application designed around empowering users to make copyright infringement easier?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I'm trying to cut costs a bit. Is there a decent cheap provider? Preferably not Astraweb.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm trying to cut costs a bit. Is there a decent cheap provider? Preferably not Astraweb.

https://www.newsdemon.com/blog/game-of-thrones-usenet-special/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

That was a two day only special

Newsgroup Ninja has a decent $6/mo plan
https://www.newsgroup.ninja/?promo=unlimitedsale

Newsdemon and Supernews both have good deals at $10/mo as well. Supplement with block accounts on different upstream providers for any of these.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

FCKGW posted:

That was a two day only special

It says every Sunday and Monday during season 7 :confused:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Anyone on supernews seen an overnight drop in speed?

I usually, pull in about 11-12MBs, but it's only been hitting about 2-4MB on a couple of my machines today. General speed tests don't show any issues with my connection itself.

Edit: For more detail, i was connected to the euro server (news.eu.supernews.com). After updating SABnzbd to the latest version it's telling me it can't find that and i'm having a bit of difficulty fining details on supernews server addresses.

Is it possible the server is gone and my slow speeds are now because i'm having to connect to the US?

Oh, i also got a weird issue last week where i happened to be using the connection on two of my machines at once and it refused to let my second machien connect. Does supernews have a throttling policiy if it detects someone doing any kind of 'shared account' type of thing?

Kin fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 29, 2017

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

It says every Sunday and Monday during season 7 :confused:

After episode 2 they ran a different special because the response to the 70% off deal was overwhelming. They did end up offering the 70% off deal for one more day, but it looks like they're not doing it again.

Violator
May 15, 2003

sedative posted:

After episode 2 they ran a different special because the response to the 70% off deal was overwhelming. They did end up offering the 70% off deal for one more day, but it looks like they're not doing it again.

I signed up for their current $24 for 6-Months of Unlimited sale and I'm super duper impressed. I'm used to $20 a month for Giganews, so the equivalent of $4 per month is really nice and I've already completed several items that had either previously failed for me on Giganews or are so old that I would have considered them impossible. It's a little slower (8 MBs vs 11 MBs) but that obviously doesn't matter when things are actually working.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Kin posted:

Anyone on supernews seen an overnight drop in speed?

I usually, pull in about 11-12MBs, but it's only been hitting about 2-4MB on a couple of my machines today. General speed tests don't show any issues with my connection itself.

Edit: For more detail, i was connected to the euro server (news.eu.supernews.com). After updating SABnzbd to the latest version it's telling me it can't find that and i'm having a bit of difficulty fining details on supernews server addresses.

Is it possible the server is gone and my slow speeds are now because i'm having to connect to the US?

Oh, i also got a weird issue last week where i happened to be using the connection on two of my machines at once and it refused to let my second machien connect. Does supernews have a throttling policiy if it detects someone doing any kind of 'shared account' type of thing?

Is your Supernews speed still slow as I've noticed that it has slowed to a crawl for me too (I also connect to EU servers). I have searched, but can't see anyone else mentioning it, or having problems. Not sure whether it is my ISP that is now throttling usenet or not (Virgin Media, UK).

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is there a way to make NZBHydra pass along categories like a newznab indexer and let NZBGet do the mapping?
"Default category" is a setting in the Downloaders config and not Categories.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hm, getting a bunch of TLS mismatches on NewsGroupDirect today, saying the cert is set for SSL Usenet. Maybe changing over brand?

e: weird, apparently this is quite common for HighWinds resellers. Wonder why it's never tripped until today for me.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 7, 2017

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

What are the cheap block account recommendations these days? I've got usenet.farm and newsdemon accounts, but looking to add another one or two.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hm, getting a bunch of TLS mismatches on NewsGroupDirect today, saying the cert is set for SSL Usenet. Maybe changing over brand?

e: weird, apparently this is quite common for HighWinds resellers. Wonder why it's never tripped until today for me.

You upgraded SAB and it changed the default setting to strict enforce. I had to set it back also.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nam Taf posted:

You upgraded SAB and it changed the default setting to strict enforce. I had to set it back also.

I don't use SAB, and nzbget has had this implementation in for a long time as far as I can tell. Changelog says last update was a month ago, and while I was in settings today I don't recall changing anything that could have amended this. I just changed the server address over to the one it wants and it seems happy enough at least.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Xsnews shut down their foreign accounts. Anyone have a suggestion for a good backup to frugal news? had good experiences with blocknews in the past, but I think they're the same as frugal?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is there some web-based alternative to sonarr/radarr? I've gotten a decent deal on a NAS but it's unfortunately one that doesn't support running sonarr and radarr directly on it (WD MyCloud).

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

Is there some web-based alternative to sonarr/radarr? I've gotten a decent deal on a NAS but it's unfortunately one that doesn't support running sonarr and radarr directly on it (WD MyCloud).

You could run these on other machines? Beyond this, Couchpotato and Sickrage are the alternatives.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Heners_UK posted:

You could run these on other machines? Beyond this, Couchpotato and Sickrage are the alternatives.

I was hoping to avoid having to have two machines running, I guess I'll look into selling the NAS as the only supported app is NZBget.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You can use nzbget with RSS feeds at least, so you have some ability to get files on there depending on your indexer.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Catzilla posted:

Is your Supernews speed still slow as I've noticed that it has slowed to a crawl for me too (I also connect to EU servers). I have searched, but can't see anyone else mentioning it, or having problems. Not sure whether it is my ISP that is now throttling usenet or not (Virgin Media, UK).

I contacted supernews for support and they gave me the direct IP address for their DC server. Suddenly my speed wernt back to normal. Virgin are up to their throttling tricks again according to a digital spy esque forum i came across.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

Xsnews shut down their foreign accounts. Anyone have a suggestion for a good backup to frugal news? had good experiences with blocknews in the past, but I think they're the same as frugal?

My block account on xsnews still works?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

tonic posted:

My block account on xsnews still works?

Sorry, NewsXS. Is xsnews a reseller?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

The Modern Leper posted:

I really like Free-Usenet. They're running a BOGO special right now, so you can get a full terabyte for $15 or 2TB for $25. They check five backbones, so while the speed isn't that amazing, it'll pretty much always grab missing blocks if they exist.

It seems relevant to mention the NZBGet DMCA check script here. Basically it prevents you from wasting your block, and it'll force big files to fail out before you spend a bunch of time downloading 78% of the NZB or whatever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I really like Free-Usenet. They're running a BOGO special right now, so you can get a full terabyte for $15 or 2TB for $25. They check five backbones, so while the speed isn't that amazing, it'll pretty much always grab missing blocks if they exist.

I bought a few hundred gb off them but haven't had any luck yet. I have it set to level 1 below my highwinds primary and the few things recently that haven't worked on that didn't get picked up at all. Maybe I've set something wrong. I even tried disabling the highwinds account on an nzb I know didn't work, and it didn't pick up a thing. The connection test works fine so it's weird.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

I bought a few hundred gb off them but haven't had any luck yet. I have it set to level 1 below my highwinds primary and the few things recently that haven't worked on that didn't get picked up at all. Maybe I've set something wrong. I even tried disabling the highwinds account on an nzb I know didn't work, and it didn't pick up a thing. The connection test works fine so it's weird.

:shrug:

Contact support?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

It seems relevant to mention the NZBGet DMCA check script here. Basically it prevents you from wasting your block, and it'll force big files to fail out before you spend a bunch of time downloading 78% of the NZB or whatever.

Who do they resell? I have been using Blocknews.net for years and its met my needs perfectly. They are highwinds though, so I think to do a backup account correctly it needs to be a different backbone/reseller?

hobbz
Sep 9, 2003

Out in the night, snow fell like confetti over the Devil's parade.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Thanks for this tip! I grabbed some blocks. It looks like they're based out of the Netherlands so maybe that's why they have slower speeds? Also thanks for the script link, I just set up NZBGet and the script will be helpful to avoid wasting time on bad nzbs.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Laserface posted:

Who do they resell? I have been using Blocknews.net for years and its met my needs perfectly. They are highwinds though, so I think to do a backup account correctly it needs to be a different backbone/reseller?

They're on five backbones, but I'm not sure which ones. I use Usenet Express as a main provider, and I've had no problems finding my Linux ISOs since switching to this setup.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If I were to get a NAS as a fileserver and to run my usenet software (sabnzbd, sonarr, radarr) on, is Synology the brand to go with? From my understanding their software offering has the most support and is easiest to use (i dont know linux).

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

If I were to get a NAS as a fileserver and to run my usenet software (sabnzbd, sonarr, radarr) on, is Synology the brand to go with? From my understanding their software offering has the most support and is easiest to use (i dont know linux).

It depends on which model of Synology you're getting, some of the older ones are painfully slow to the point of not being able to maximize an internet connection throughput and unrar taking longer than the download time. And good luck with running Plex if you plan on it.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
PSA - Dog is allowing you to use Amazon Gift cards to renew; $20/year $50/3 or $75/5- if you do 3 or 5 years they adding a bonus year. Accordingly they are only accepting Amazon GC's for this week. Usually you have to send bitcoin or "buy" a tshirt.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It depends on which model of Synology you're getting, some of the older ones are painfully slow to the point of not being able to maximize an internet connection throughput and unrar taking longer than the download time. And good luck with running Plex if you plan on it.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you think something like the 416j would be enough to handle business?

https://www.amazon.com/Synology-Station-Diskless-Attached-DS416j/dp/B019ZUR5WQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502220679&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Kin posted:

I contacted supernews for support and they gave me the direct IP address for their DC server. Suddenly my speed wernt back to normal. Virgin are up to their throttling tricks again according to a digital spy esque forum i came across.

I ended up switching to Newsdemon, they are a bit cheaper and I'm back to full speed.