Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jesus I just logged onto YouTube and GameXplain are just posting the whole loving game of Mario and Rabbids seemingly.

But are they explaining the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack for Switch drops digitally on the 31st, but it's been confirmed that it'll get a physical release later in the fall!

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 25, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In general I have liked their trailer analyses but since early this year every single video they put out is full of kind of an attempted cutesy narrative of "Time to spin up the old analysis machine" which is lame, as well as most videos featuring them faux complaining about how much work they had to do on this video and how hard it is.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
FFTA Switch when. Wargroove sort of counts but not fully

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Why would you want final fantasy tactics advance, that game was awful

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Do we know if Mario Rabbids will be up on the eshop on midnight?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Zelder posted:

Get the gently caress out, heretic

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tatsuta Age posted:

Do you have a law card for that

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zelder posted:

so in other words wargroove will be on par with it?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

whaley posted:

I have seventy hours in splatoon and have played 0% of the single player. doesn't really feel like a game to try to beat

I thought the single player was fun and a good warmup for getting used to the controls again after having not played the first game for a year (and with a different controller at that) but lol at anyone who even thinks of buying the game for anything except the multiplayer.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Am I getting rolled or did you enjoy the random inability to use abilities because some nerd judge said you couldn't?

Combined with an awful plot and a weirdly inconsistent class spread (why use anything other than the viera assassin?), I just remember not enjoying that game at all. Despite beating it, because that's what you do with new games when you're a kid.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mario + Rabbids intro

Not sure if it's been posted yet but the setup for the game really caught me off guard and now I'm kinda curious to how that wraps up

Look at those gloves and the symbol on them...young super genius building gadgets obsessed with video games...secret third cross over with D. Va from Overwatch!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

What's the goon opinion on BotW's master mode? I could go kill Ganon now with 3 divine beasts and save some content for master mode if it's decent or just finish everything up slowly and then go the castle.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Those gloves are the Master Hand and Crazy Hand from Smash Bros, the child whose imagination created your Smash fights invented a VR helmet and her home was invaded by time traveling (?) rabbids, this is all canon now

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CrashCat posted:

Do you have a law card for that

:boom:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Lakbay posted:

Do people in other comp games go "Welp I hit 3000 Elo, time to stop playing forever" and is it just a weird psychological thing from showing a bar that fills up (assuming they're still enjoying the game up to that point)

I mean, I've done it other times before in ranking modes. It's nice to just set your own goal for how many points to get to settle on a stopping point if I don't intend to play the game indefinitely. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I wouldn't call that "beating the game" though, nor would I really do that for a game I didn't like.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dugong posted:

What's the goon opinion on BotW's master mode? I could go kill Ganon now with 3 divine beasts and save some content for master mode if it's decent or just finish everything up slowly and then go the castle.

You can kill ganon with things you grab out of the castle and some food (ie speedruns) so if you wanna put him down and then go deal with HP sponges in master mode* I don't see why not.

*Haven't actually played master mode but that's sure what it sounds like zzzz

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Dugong posted:

Master mode is really fun. The enemies aren't really health sponges unless you save all your best weapons (don't) You just go through weapons faster (but you get a lot of great weapons way more often). They hit really hard though.

Overall master mode is definitely much harder but nowhere near something like dark souls or whatever. It's very doable.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Sonic Mania is fun and good, it's some Sonic rear end Sonic.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jesus I just logged onto YouTube and GameXplain are just posting the whole loving game of Mario and Rabbids seemingly.

People are already playing on Twitch and spoilers are already being posted. gently caress the internet.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Not sure if this has been posted but Chucklefish have finally posted something about Stardew When. Apparently it's in testing.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Imagined posted:

Not sure if this has been posted but Chucklefish have finally posted something about Stardew When. Apparently it's in testing.

So 2018 for Stardew Switch? I was waiting to pick it up since it seemed like a perfect, portable game but I might as well get it sooner.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Imagined posted:

i love not being given concrete release dates, speaking of which, where's that yooka laylee switch edition i backed for, playtonic?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mario + Rabbids intro

Not sure if it's been posted yet but the setup for the game really caught me off guard and now I'm kinda curious to how that wraps up

Notice who Mario immediately goes to the aid of when starts happening.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
FFTA is a really good srpg that gets a lot of hate because the story is about a dude rejecting a fun fantasy world where he gets to be a cool warrior in favour of the real world.

So the underlining moral is that you shouldn't play videogames.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Notice who Mario immediately goes to the aid of when starts happening.

#1 Boy Weegee. Even Mario knows that Nintendo ain't poo poo without him.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Look at those gloves and the symbol on them...young super genius building gadgets obsessed with video games...secret third cross over with D. Va from Overwatch!

holy poo poo, is htat a motherf*cking overwatch reference??

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

FFTA is a really good srpg that gets a lot of hate because the story is about a dude rejecting a fun fantasy world where he gets to be a cool warrior in favour of the real world.

It's a good game.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mr Phillby posted:

As someone who never played it anytime it comes up all I hear "loving random judge poo poo" so no I don't think it's that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FFTA2 fixed all the problems with the first one but I would imagine far fewer people played it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The game is XCOM Easy Mode, checks out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

People are really brain broken and will play games they don't actually enjoy so they can get arbitrary points or rewards they have no intention of using, and will stop playing games they do enjoy once they exhaust the arbitrary points or reward system.

I have a friend who was obsessed (like really obsessed) with trophies and platinums on PlayStation. He got totally burnt out on video games for a while because he was playing games he hated for trophies or because they had easy platinums and he was putting down games he liked because they didn't have platinums or he had already gotten them.

You know what fixed his burnout? He bought a switch, and with no trophies or cheevos he can just play games he likes because he likes playing them, rather than feeling enslaved to trophies.

The cheevo effect is real, friends.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tatsuta Age posted:

FFTA is a garbage game. Either play the original or Tactics Ogre.

FFTA is to the FFT/TO games what Suikoden 4 is to the Suikoden series.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have a friend who was obsessed (like really obsessed) with trophies and platinums on PlayStation. He got totally burnt out on video games for a while because he was playing games he hated for trophies or because they had easy platinums and he was putting down games he liked because they didn't have platinums or he had already gotten them.

You know what fixed his burnout? He bought a switch, and with no trophies or cheevos he can just play games he likes because he likes playing them, rather than feeling enslaved to trophies.

MY CHEEVOS!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I bought Sonic Mania on the PS4 instead of the Switch for trophies. I don't play lovely games or go out of my way to get trophies for things I want to do in game, but I still enjoy them. When they are done well, it's like bonus objectives for a game. If I bought Sonic Mania on Switch, I wouldn't have enjoyed it any less but without the trophies my playtime would almost certainly be a lot less.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CrashCat posted:

some Russian dudes who still play HOMM3 would like to have a word with you

Not to mention the folks who play Blood Bowl

Both of them?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Evil Fluffy posted:

FFTA is a garbage game. Either play the original or Tactics Ogre.

FFTA is to the FFT/TO games what Suikoden 4 is to the Suikoden series.

Or Breath of Fire 5 to the rest of the series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mister Facetious posted:

Or Breath of Fire 5 to the rest of the series.

Agreed both FFTA and BoF5 are both good games that get too much hate.

super taunt
Aug 17, 2008

fierce
roundhouse
HMFF!
The global test punch is on this weekend too

ARMS is surprisingly fun

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dragon Quarter is the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Ordered arms with two day shipping.

It will arrive between the 29th and the beginning of september :suicide:

E: also i am working on the new Pokken thread, will provide a new Discord channel for people to chill in too. If you have any sweet information, gifs, whatever you want on the OP then PM me.

• Locked thread