Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

aejix posted:

loving ripped my lvl 65 templar last night in Act 9. Was following ZiggyD scorching ray / RF build. Died less than an hour after equipping RF - had enough mana/life regen that i was barely suffering any DoT, 4k hp, 900ish mana, MoM. Tankiest character I've played yet and still loving died!

Now got wild strike marauder going, so far so good but can't help wondering why I'm struggling so much to get through to maps

it's because you're playing hardcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

I feel bad for the poor arena janitors.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So yeah, seems like you could do the 1% MS Charged Dash trick most easily with QOTF, 4 weight of sin, Lioneye's Paws, and enough evasion to get you to 41% movespeed when not at low life, which would be somewhere around 4k evasion depending on if you get movespeed from the tree or use a shield. Once you have a charged dash fully charged and ready to explode on a boss, use Coruscating Elixir to drop down to 1 hp and release. At 41% movespeed it should probably charge fast enough? You'd need to use ES as your main defense. I suppose you could combo Coruscating Elixir with Forbidden Taste to instantly bring your life back to full or near-full after the dash.

This seems like it should work. With Leap Slam or Shield Dash or even Whirling Blades you can move around pretty quickly while ignoring your low movespeed.

Am I forgetting anything that would make this easier? Or did I screw up somewhere and it won't work?

prince_kahleeb
Jul 14, 2004
If there is room in the goon Guild, can you add me?
Character name: DaenerysTargaryenGOT

Thanks!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

After ripping a few slayers I think I decided that starforge lacerate just isn't my thing. Anyone wanna by a nicely rolled 6l starforge? :razz:

In celebration of all that failure I blew a shitload of fuse that someone quitting the league had given me and managed to not 6l a belly of the beast. I'll get it eventually though (I'm thinking respec into gladiator, do some sort of high block gladiator with varunastra and the surrender for fun?)

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Mr. Despair posted:

After ripping a few slayers I think I decided that starforge lacerate just isn't my thing. Anyone wanna by a nicely rolled 6l starforge? :razz:

In celebration of all that failure I blew a shitload of fuse that someone quitting the league had given me and managed to not 6l a belly of the beast. I'll get it eventually though (I'm thinking respec into gladiator, do some sort of high block gladiator with varunastra and the surrender for fun?)
Yes, give it to me for free.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

theshim posted:

Yes, give it to me for free.

You're already rich, I on the other hand am actually poor.

Handsomeharald
May 7, 2009
I've been having some trouble trying to price this wand. Poetrade gives me anywhere from 100ex to 10ex but I cant really find a comparable wand. Any tips?

Edit: Cant seem to embed the image in my drunken state, here's the URL at least.

https://imgur.com/a/PTkw5

Handsomeharald fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 3, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Handsomeharald posted:

I've been having some trouble trying to price this wand. Poetrade gives me anywhere from 100ex to 10ex but I cant really find a comparable wand. Any tips?

Edit: Cant seem to embed the image in my drunken state, here's the URL at least.

https://imgur.com/a/PTkw5

At least 40ex if Poe.Trade is to be trusted.

http://poe.trade/search/konoonogarinon

Theres a near exact one (his is a bit better) up for 65ex.

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 3, 2017

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

prince_kahleeb posted:

If there is room in the goon Guild, can you add me?
Character name: DaenerysTargaryenGOT

Thanks!

Sent.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Vasudus posted:

I feel bad for the poor arena janitors.

How do you like that build? I like building duelists and I'm intrigued by that bleedbow.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
there is a bleed bow?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Alright so this isn't like a full on guide, so follow this at your own risk if it sucks!

Ascendency: Slayer (Bane of Legends, Endless Hunger, Brutal Fervor, Headsman in that order)

Required Gear: Lioneye's Fall (130c, sorry lads), Lioneye's Glare (low end 1a, high end 40c), Haemophilia (5c), Carnage Heart (20c), Devoto's Devotion (5c)
Recommended Gear: Lioneye's Vision (works great in a 5L, is absolutely insane in a 6L), Drillneck (5c)

Skills:
Barrage - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Chance to Bleed - Brutality - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Maim - Pierce. If you don't have a 6L Lioneye's Vision like I do, skip Maim.
Split Arrow - Pierce - Chance to Bleed - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Brutality - Maim.

Auras:
Arctic Armor
50% Aura of your choosing. I use Determination.

You place the Lioneye's Fall jewel in Duelist, and get the following nodes: Wrecking Ball, Splitting Strikes, Destroyer.

Tree: here

Basically plays like a standard split/barrage bow user EXCEPT EVERYTHING EXPLODES ALWAYS. With the stacking from Crimson Dance (which PoB cannot calculate yet, FYI) it feels a lot like old school poison on everything but bosses. On bosses it's merely very good.

So far I've dunked on everything that I've run, but I have not gotten to Guardians/Shaper on it yet. That's probably today!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I DID IT

I loving DID IT

I TOPPED THE 75ex HELM

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vasudus posted:

Skills:
Barrage - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Chance to Bleed - Brutality - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Maim - Pierce. If you don't have a 6L Lioneye's Vision like I do, skip Maim.
Split Arrow - Pierce - Chance to Bleed - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Brutality - Maim.

pierce?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

yes?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

oh my god i'm so sorry there's just blood everywhere

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Thanks for the cool guide. Can you do a skellymage guide too? Really interested in your take on that build.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

just asking since the armor already gives pierce 15

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

just asking since the armor already gives pierce 15

He was including that, note that barrage is 7 linked.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nightwisher posted:

I DID IT

I loving DID IT

I TOPPED THE 75ex HELM

what did you like chance it or something

ps gently caress off

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there room yet in the main guild for PhillipSheridan?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Is there room yet in the main guild for PhillipSheridan?

Woooo I got to it before Rodent for once.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

what did you like chance it or something

ps gently caress off

Can't chance HH in the stash. You need to be in Nemesis. I'm guessing he put it in the stash like that to show it off, or to slap it with a divine orb.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I assumed he spammed Ancient orbs.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm curious which way works out better. Ancient orbs are more expensive, but you can do more of them per map and you don't have to worry about getting a magic/rare.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
What are the actual odds per ancient orb?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

George posted:

What are the actual odds per ancient orb?

:iiam:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
So is this "dried lake" spot one of the best places for exp. farming right now?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Dennis McClaren posted:

It used to be a good introductory endgame spot back when the game had 3 difficulties, but now it's just another zone. You shouldn't need to XP farm anywhere until you hit the postgame, which is one big XP farm.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dennis McClaren posted:

No, you want Blood Aqueducts if you need to grind before maps.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Kild posted:

No, you want Blood Aqueducts if you need to grind before maps.

Why are people are using Blood Aqueducts instead of Oasis? Oasis feels like it has WAY better density to me. It feels just like dried lake.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Katasi posted:

Why are people are using Blood Aqueducts instead of Oasis? Oasis feels like it has WAY better density to me. It feels just like dried lake.

Most use Oasis.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Most use Oasis.

Oh okay, I got confused because I saw a video of someone leveling in Blood Aqueduct yesterday, and then saw that today.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Regarding the Headhunter, I got it from The Valkyrie divination card set. It gives a random Nemesis item, so it can give you a HH just with extremely low odds. I turned in 8 sets and got this on the 6th turn in. Each set costs about 70-100c.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can anyone tell me if this ngamahu slayer passive tree seems sound? I've looked it over and I'm not sure I've missed anything, but :ohdear:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 3, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i level in reliquary or ossuary cause they're not level 62 and the mobs are harmless

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

If i wanted to put together a hot poo poo wander to poo poo all over guardians and shaper specifically, what's going to do more for my single target action? a +2 barrage rat's nest (or abyssus I guess) and a relatively cheap wand, or a nicer wand and a cheaper +2 hat (rando rare with life or a devotos, probably).

Got a 6l belly with great rolls and about 1000c to spend on the rest of the poo poo if I do it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is a question, what rituals does everyone go through before they attempt to 6 link their first item in a league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here is a question, what rituals does everyone go through before they attempt to 6 link their first item in a league?

breeze into it with a level 40ish rare using about 20 fusings, think nothing of it, and then wonder why everyone talks about it like it's such a big deal until I get an actual good item and try again