Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

J posted:

Are there any builds out there besides ancestral warchief berserker that are tanky enough to comfortably do full key uber lab runs, that also have enough damage to do uber atziri? Trying to avoid playing that again but it does seem to be the best build that comes to mind for what I'm looking to do.

Dark Pact Berserker. You need more life to survive 1-shots than other people (10% inc damage from berserker and also the 6% life cost of DP just to be safe) but that's easy to do when life scales your damage and you start as a Marauder, it has insane clearspeed, can wear Bisco's, hits 1mil+ DPS and 8 casts per sec that all insta-leech to full.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svensken
May 29, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Are there any builds out there that use Wrath? I feel like I see a bunch of Hatred and the occasional Anger for fire-heavy builds, but even lightning builds don't seem to use Wrath much.

Builds stacking flat ele damage that aren't pure fire tend to use Wrath. IIRC it's got more added damage than Anger.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

dumb question maybe but is there a way to reply to someone who messages you without finding their drat name and typing it or clicking it to whisper them, seems like a pretty basic chat feature

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Indecisive posted:

dumb question maybe but is there a way to reply to someone who messages you without finding their drat name and typing it or clicking it to whisper them, seems like a pretty basic chat feature

ctrl-enter

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Dark Pact Berserker. You need more life to survive 1-shots than other people (10% inc damage from berserker and also the 6% life cost of DP just to be safe) but that's easy to do when life scales your damage and you start as a Marauder, it has insane clearspeed, can wear Bisco's, hits 1mil+ DPS and 8 casts per sec that all insta-leech to full.

does this mean running labs with vaal pact

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

StashAugustine posted:

yes, it's as much fun as it sounds

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

learn to navigate traps, take lots of health potions, use the passive health flask charge pantheon

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

uber lab is never fun on any character

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

I would not recommend any kind of Vaal Pact Berserker for uber lab, the traps will make you want to kill yourself.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

I dunno, it looks sort of fun to attempt to find max movespeed and clear the lab in 4 minutes.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

StashAugustine posted:

Use the unique marble amulet that gives 100% increased life from flasks and it shouldn't be a problem at all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4 minutes of not having fun

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

StashAugustine posted:

If you don't want to run labs with vaal pact buy an acuity and stack crit.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like the lab on characters that I design specifically to run the things. My Lioneye Slayer could handle it effortlessly, my others could tolerate it, and my VP Dark Pact Berserker loving hated it.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
My scorching grandpa handles the lab fine and facetanks argus or fully buffed izaro np. Lots of people are running spongy life builds with kaoms roots (so no stibnite) and few actual defenses other than leech. Regen is your ally in the lab.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Xequecal posted:

I would not recommend any kind of Vaal Pact Berserker for uber lab, the traps will make you want to kill yourself.

I use wands and teleport past all the traps and you can do the same thing with leap slam too if you want to use one of the melee builds :shrug: They're very easy to avoid when you have some practice doing lab.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Lab should have been a cool side thing. Having ascendancy points tied to traps and puzzles is kinda bizzare.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lab is infinitely less laborious than before 3.0. even uberlab feels pretty toned down in comparison because of good darkshrines

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I came back to this game after a long break and got my first character to maps , but I'm a bit stumped on what I should be improving. I'm doing a little weak on defenses and my damage is OK in T4-5 maps, but I haven't tried any further. I picked up a Queen of the Forest so I swapped from Hatred to Grace. I only have ~15 chaos right now, but I'm not too rushed, what would you do to improve this character?

This link should work, the level 73 Raider if that isn't obvious. Coming from D3, running lower level maps feels kinda lackluster, but I'm sure it gets more satisfying with later stuff.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I honestly really enjoy uberlab on my QOTF/Dreamfeather Blade Flurry Gladiator :shrug: It was also fun on my Soul Taker/BoR cleave gladiator last league.

What I'm saying is gladiator is good and strong and is also my friend

It is god drat miserable on my RF character though.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

NecroMonster posted:

check your gear first fam

I changed both to maximize HP, now I've gone from 2300 HP to 3500 HP and it's going a little better. I'm level 69 so I guess I need to level up a few more times before t1 and t2 maps stop being incredibly hard.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Doc Walrus posted:

I changed both to maximize HP, now I've gone from 2300 HP to 3500 HP and it's going a little better. I'm level 69 so I guess I need to level up a few more times before t1 and t2 maps stop being incredibly hard.

If you're getting murdered like that in T1 maps at 69 something else is still wrong. Can you post a Path of Building link or a character link or something?

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

vOv posted:

If you're getting murdered like that in T1 maps at 69 something else is still wrong. Can you post a Path of Building link or a character link or something?
Here's the character link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DozensofWolves/characters?characterName=WarchiefKalaag
This is really the roadblock I hit in game like this, I make a character who kicks all kinds of rear end until a certain point, then they just melt. :<

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Doc Walrus posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DozensofWolves/characters?characterName=WarchiefKalaag
This is really the roadblock I hit in game like this, I make a character who kicks all kinds of rear end until a certain point, then they just melt. :<

it's set to private.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I feel I have hosed up somehow. I only have 5000 hp and I bought a Belly of the Beast and putting it on results in basically the same hp. I should have done path of building first. At least I can resell it or use it on another character. I dunno if I want to keep playing this guy or make a new one but any advice is welcome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beejaywl/characters (the berserker obv)

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Kild posted:

it's set to private.

Whoops! try it now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you do labyrinth on a vaal pact just bring a 3rd health potion so you can just run through the majority of traps, I've got no trouble with the traps on a high health vaal pact.

uber lab is also great money if you can regularly get the 2 bonus izaro keys, 2 curious chests and twice blessed and extra key darkshrines, good way to get a lot of leveled 20% quality gems you can use for yourself/alts or lots of GCP and I made 200 chaos selling a devoto with cyclone attack speed on it, that I probably could of sold for 300 chaos if I held on longer.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

post your character? you need 3,5k life to start mapping.,

What's the rule on this for an occultist that's running ES as your main defense? Obviously I get as much life on my gear as I can, but I've focused a lot on ES. How much HP?

Is there a flask that recharges ES?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Doc Walrus posted:

For about 1c each you can get a hat with +70 life and +70 resists and a chest with the same. thats kind of on the low end of what you want, stat wise. Quite a few pieces of gear you can trivially get triple the value from each piece.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

beejay posted:

I feel I have hosed up somehow. I only have 5000 hp and I bought a Belly of the Beast and putting it on results in basically the same hp. I should have done path of building first. At least I can resell it or use it on another character. I dunno if I want to keep playing this guy or make a new one but any advice is welcome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beejaywl/characters (the berserker obv)

You have very little flat life on your gear. That's why the % increase from belly doesn't do much.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Doc Walrus posted:

You don't have Vaal Pact which makes all the Berserker Leech nodes, which will be your primary method of survivability, worthless. The life you leech per second is capped so having 100% of damage dealt as leech does nothing for you, Vaal Pact will remove that limitation and heal you to full instantly every time you swing. You also don't need to take dedicated leech nodes when you're a Berserker. VP disables regen so drop the regen nodes when you get it (you only have 2 I think)

Further recommendations would be to drop the +resist nodes because it's easy to get resist capped from gear alone, and also drop the +armor nodes unless you're planning on stacking armor super high but you don't really need to do that when you have Berserker leech + VP, and drop the Fortify node because you don't have a source of Fortify Nevermind I noticed that you have a fortify on cleave jewel.

You can take Resolute Technique (you're already right next to it) to have 100% accuracy and not deal crits, you're not building for Crit so this is a good tradeoff and lets you drop your accuracy nodes too.

Basically get Vaal Pact then focus all your other points on Max Life and doing more damage

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 5, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Dennis McClaren posted:

What's the rule on this for an occultist that's running ES as your main defense? Obviously I get as much life on my gear as I can, but I've focused a lot on ES. How much HP?

Is there a flask that recharges ES?

The flask for ES is Vaal Discipline but it's been nerfed, I'm not sure if it's really worth using anymore.

If you want to run both Life + ES my favorite way to do it is to take MoM + Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath. EB makes ES cover your mana instead of your life, then MoM makes 30% of your damage taken hit your ES instead of life, and ZO makes your ES constantly regenerate. This also lets you reserve 100% of your mana on auras and still use ES in place of mana to cast/attack. The end result is 30% of your damage taken is taken by ES, you get an extra aura or two, and you stack life and rely on non-VP leech or flasks to heal it. The actual ES number doesn't matter too much here, even ~1500-2k is fine if you run a Stone Golem or have some other regen.

I can't give any advice about using ES for other things though because it's been nerfed so heavily this league I didn't even want to try.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

You don't have Vaal Pact which makes all the Berserker Leech nodes, which will be your primary method of survivability, worthless. The life you leech per second is capped so having 100% of damage dealt as leech does nothing for you, Vaal Pact will remove that limitation and heal you to full instantly every time you swing. You also don't need to take dedicated leech nodes when you're a Berserker. VP disables regen so drop the regen nodes when you get it (you only have 2 I think)

Further recommendations would be to drop the +resist nodes because it's easy to get resist capped from gear alone, and also drop the +armor nodes unless you're planning on stacking armor super high but you don't really need to do that when you have Berserker leech + VP, and drop the Fortify node because you don't have a source of Fortify Nevermind I noticed that you have a fortify on cleave jewel.

You can take Resolute Technique (you're already right next to it) to have 100% accuracy and not deal crits, you're not building for Crit so this is a good tradeoff and lets you drop your accuracy nodes too.

Basically get Vaal Pact then focus all your other points on Max Life and doing more damage

Holy poo poo, Vaal Pact is far away from Marauder's starting point. I've refunded everything I can, only 3 nodes away from VP now. Then I guess I'll keep hitting HP% nodes. Thanks fellas!

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

What's the most broken marauder build other than dark pact?

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Hey guys I just started a scion build with the idea of dual wield claw vaal pact tanking. Is this an insane pipe dream come end game or do you think it's theoretically viable?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Any other kind of zerker build involving rapidly dealt sources of damage and vaal pact

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dramatika posted:

I honestly really enjoy uberlab on my QOTF/Dreamfeather Blade Flurry Gladiator :shrug: It was also fun on my Soul Taker/BoR cleave gladiator last league.

What I'm saying is gladiator is good and strong and is also my friend

It is god drat miserable on my RF character though.

You really hosed up your RF character somewhere.

NecroMonster posted:

euphronius posted:

4 minutes of not having fun
Babies.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

I use wands and teleport past all the traps and you can do the same thing with leap slam too if you want to use one of the melee builds :shrug: They're very easy to avoid when you have some practice doing lab.

To be honest, I'm also kind of annoyed with how basically every build in the game now starts with Vaal Pact zerker. Even something like 90% of all spell builds start on Vaal Pact zerker now.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xequecal posted:

To be honest, I'm also kind of annoyed with how basically every build in the game now starts with Vaal Pact zerker. Even something like 90% of all spell builds start on Vaal Pact zerker now.

That's because spell leech is basically Vinktars, Warlords Mark, LL gem, or maybe .2 or .4% from gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

This ad appeared on the same page as that post