Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
At first I was mad at the idea of them switching the KD display to K+A/D but then I realized it's actually insanely good because when you train a squad they have numbers below 1 and that's extremely funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Jesus christ game is gorgeous and managed to convince me that it needed a full reset. The new fallen make them distinct and even more fallen, can't wait to see how the Hive was updated.

It's a pity we will never see a total reboot of Destiny 1 that make it feel like the predecessor of Destiny 2 rather than it's bumbling idiot brother.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Feenix posted:

2 things related to teleportation:

1) has anyone else noticed that PVE enemies jump around sometimes? (Not like, an ability such as Fallen Captains, but even fatty Cabal dudes.) They just... jump about 10 meters. Feels like a bug.

I have seen normal fallen appear in other place, not animation or particles. Looks like a sync error to me. Is new, it never happpend in D1, except in very buggy/laggy instances. Is also very rare so maybe theres a small bug somewhere in the netcode.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

At first I was mad at the idea of them switching the KD display to K+A/D but then I realized it's actually insanely good because when you train a squad they have numbers below 1 and that's extremely funny

ok real talk have you guys had an issue with matches not ending in a points victory or whatever?

I played some crucible last night and had matches where we just rain a loving train, everyone's efficiency numbers on our team were 3.5-5, other team below 1, and still didn't get a points victory in clash and instead won by time running out

It feels weirdly tuned

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
So now that clans are live, if you're an aussie or you want to play with aussies then come apply here:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=125806

This is the official AusGoons clan, we have been around for a while and lots of us are coming back. Prepare to be called a oval office.

Maybe lets put this in the OP!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

ok real talk have you guys had an issue with matches not ending in a points victory or whatever?

I played some crucible last night and had matches where we just rain a loving train, everyone's efficiency numbers on our team were 3.5-5, other team below 1, and still didn't get a points victory in clash and instead won by time running out

It feels weirdly tuned

The pvp is bad and 4v4 will lead to lots of matches going to time

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

that's what i thought. loving garbage

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
The PvP was poo poo in D1 as well. It was honest to god the most bland PvP shooting experience I’ve ever had, and even if they made it poo poo out exotics I still wouldn’t play it

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Yeah pve was the best part of the old game tbh, pvp was kinda fun a few times and I only did it a bjt for the Orin Bennett

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
If they’d actually made the effort this time around instead of sticking with P2P I’d probably have been interested enough to give it another go, but as it stands it’s a firm “gently caress no” from me

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I got 3 Exotics last night from Legendary engrams, all needed. They are doing me better than Exotics are for Exotics lmao

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Wait, purples still upgrade to exotics??

iKissChicks
May 1, 2008
Is there anyone online who can send me a clan invite? PSN is hershekiss. I'll be on for a few hours at least.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol connection dropped in the middle of a cutscene and it just goes WHITE SCREEN BOOT TO LOGIN THANKS loving lame

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what happens after you kill the tall robot by the old warmind

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

Wait, purples still upgrade to exotics??

Ran up with two purples, ran away with Hardlight and Lucky Raspberry. Then later got Lucky Pants.

An exotic did give me The Prospector earlier so it's not all turds.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They're going for 4v4 to break into the esport scene which means Bungie will be catering to that scene and QOL issues/fixes for us normies will be a far second priority. I've worked in the esport/streaming scene for three years now and some of the most popular orgs are already setting aside budget and scouting players. It's likely going to be successful as well. I'm not going to reveal too much as a lot of it is still being worked out but it's a major reason that Bungie and Activision signed a contract a few years back. They'll be piggybacking off the infrastructure currently being created for Overwatch which is NOT a good thing because unlike Overwatch D2 actually has potential be an esport, especially if streamers jump on it like they did with PUBG.

edit: by piggybacking I mean using the same facilities similar to how ELeague works. At the moment it's my understanding that they aren't going with the Blizzard route (aka bad Riot rip-off) of franchising out teams to play for certain cities which are supported by the existing professional sports teams in that market. Hopefully it'll be a more Valve like organic/community supported approach but none of that has been confirmed.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 9, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

96 spacejam posted:

They're going for 4v4 to break into the esport scene which means Bungie will be catering to that scene and QOL issues/fixes for us normies will be a far second priority. I've worked in the esport/streaming scene for three years now and some of the most popular orgs are already locking down players and setting aside budget and scouting players. It's likely going to be successful as well. I'm not going to reveal too much as a lot of it is still being worked out but it's a major reason that Bungie and Activision signed a contract a few years back. They'll be piggybacking off the infrastructure currently being created for Overwatch which is NOT a good thing because unlike Overwatch D2 actually has potential be an esport, especially if streamers jump on it like they did with PUBG.

Oh word?

Sarcastic assholeness aside yeah this is obviously what they are shooting for and more power to them without having dedicated servers *dies to preshots around corners and postshots through one or more walls in 3/4 matches I've played

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Somebody prob already posted this, but I just got the Rat King's Crew quest step:

"The Rat King's Crew
Runs to and fro
Good girls and boys
Know where to go
Pick up your toys and darn your socks
On errands of woe, on errands we walk"
-- Old Children's Rhyme

[_] Complete 0/3
Solve this riddle with other rats.

I got it on Titan while killing fallen, so I'm basically convinced that it has something to do with their captains. Maybe kill high value caps? dunno. E: maybe be in a fireteam and it tells you what to do?

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 9, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm also on the way to getting Strum & Drang. Dunno about getting obviously Nazi weapons, not my Golden Age.
Also I have the one to kill red legions on Nessus, so that's kinda synergistic.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Any good comprehensive written beginners guides for this game? I am a stupid old who hates video content

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My main problem with Destiny 2 is that the cape game is really weak.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Destiny 2 is good.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

I was promised a poncho.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

I got a few full length capes and now I'm rocking a full on book Jaime Lannister outfit with shiny white armor and a red cape. It's kicking rad.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Just wanted to say that I got an exotic ship from an engram that has fuckin' flames on it and makes me transmat in using a Cabal orb and GAME OWNS

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

VanillaGorilla posted:

Just wanted to say that I got an exotic ship from an engram that has fuckin' flames on it and makes me transmat in using a Cabal orb and GAME OWNS

Envy, mang. I have an Exotic sparrow. Going just a little faster than everyone else is my thing, apparently.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Legs Benedict posted:

It feels weirdly tuned

I've curbstomped and been curbstomed and it's never gotten close.

quote:

They're going for 4v4 to break into the esport scene which means Bungie will be catering to that scene and QOL issues/fixes for us normies will be a far second priority. I've worked in the esport/streaming scene for three years now and some of the most popular orgs are already setting aside budget and scouting players. It's likely going to be successful as well. I'm not going to reveal too much as a lot of it is still being worked out but it's a major reason that Bungie and Activision signed a contract a few years back. They'll be piggybacking off the infrastructure currently being created for Overwatch which is NOT a good thing because unlike Overwatch D2 actually has potential be an esport, especially if streamers jump on it like they did with PUBG.

God drat I hate esports.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

VanillaGorilla posted:

yo what the fucj you can't post this and not show us

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

actionjackson posted:

Since there's no pgs thread here's a roster for a gay raiding group on Wednesday night, time TBA

sjackson12
padrechester
brownview
mustreloadfaster
dwitzl
tex

alt: sazzandra

It took me about 10 minutes to get five people who want to raid with me (I'm saying this to whoever said no one likes playing with me)

:woof:

We're all masochists.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's still a PGS thread and someone just bumped it. But I imagine it's all done through Discord now.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

This might have been answered already, but does anything different happen if you die while wandering around lightless at the beginning? Do you just get the usual "Darkness has consumed you" skull as if you were in an instance? I didn't test it out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dick Jones posted:

This might have been answered already, but does anything different happen if you die while wandering around lightless at the beginning? Do you just get the usual "Darkness has consumed you" skull as if you were in an instance? I didn't test it out.
Yeah I fell off a cliff and it acted the same as when you're in a respawn restricted area, as far as I know.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

pork never goes bad posted:

Any good comprehensive written beginners guides for this game? I am a stupid old who hates video content

Just play the game and come back with questions. Most of the stuff is easier to learn by doing.

Only thing I can probably set you up with, gear drops in rarity order White -> Green -> Blue -> Purple (Legendary) -> Yellow (Exotic). The items Light Level (ilevel in other MMOs) determines how powerful you are, like a second level. And the higher your LL the higher LL your new drops will have. So keep that LL rising and you will get better gear.

Other than that the things you have to think about are Glimmer, which is the currency the game uses for applying shaders, weapon mods, and buying stuff in general. Legendary Shards, used for Transfusion (Where you sacrifice a higher LL piece of gear to increase the LL of a similar piece of gear. And faction/destination tokens which are turned in for faction rewards.

Story missions, patrols (adventures, quests, patrol missions) are playable by yourself and you won't have to worry about the game shoving randos in your fireteam. Strikes, Crucible and the like will use matchmaking to fill empty spots. If you ever wonder just hover over the activity icon and look at the popup window. If it says "Matchmaking" it will fill in empty spots with other randos. If it doesn't it will just be who you bring with you beforehand. And there will be open areas where you will run into other players, but they aren't in your Fireteam so you don't have to worry about them.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Waffle House posted:

Hell yes ProfessorBort is fuckin' back, now I just need BaronVanAwesome

Yo this was like 3 pages ago but

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ok, yeah, so the hunter definitely sucks. I mean, I only played Hunter and Titan in D1, but it just seems backwards in every way. I'm not a fan of the new skill tree as-is, and a lot of the skills and such just seem very slightly nerfed for hunter. Like the smoke grenade has a small delay, the dodge roll thing has an insane cooldown and just doesn't feel like it did in D1. Someone mentioned it in here but in general this game just doesn't feel as fluid as D1 did for some reason

Also grenades in general have a stupid long cooldown

Once I finish the campaign I'll probably give warlock a go, never played one, always read good things

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I have too much glimmer and want to get rid of a lot more, what should I do? I've been blowing it on recon reports every time I go to a planet but the report pays for itself and more.

Also if you have some equipment you like the most, just keep using it. As long as you don't throw away the "better" piece your new gear still get better. Drops are based on the hypothetical max you can get from every possible combination of everything you have, even on other characters, in the vault, etc.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I have too much glimmer and want to get rid of a lot more, what should I do? I've been blowing it on recon reports every time I go to a planet but the report pays for itself and more.

Also if you have some equipment you like the most, just keep using it. As long as you don't throw away the "better" piece your new gear still get better. Drops are based on the hypothetical max you can get from every possible combination of everything you have, even on other characters, in the vault, etc.

Put random shaders on things, it adds up. Or gamble on weapon mods.

Are ammo synths gone for good? Haven't seen them mentioned anywhere in the UI or the media.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is it ok if I sympathize with and want ghaul to win since I too am fat and have a cleft lip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ok, yeah, so the hunter definitely sucks. I mean, I only played Hunter and Titan in D1, but it just seems backwards in every way. I'm not a fan of the new skill tree as-is, and a lot of the skills and such just seem very slightly nerfed for hunter. Like the smoke grenade has a small delay, the dodge roll thing has an insane cooldown and just doesn't feel like it did in D1. Someone mentioned it in here but in general this game just doesn't feel as fluid as D1 did for some reason

Also grenades in general have a stupid long cooldown

Once I finish the campaign I'll probably give warlock a go, never played one, always read good things

Nightstalker Hunter is good actually

Get orpheus rigs and use way of the trapper and as long as your tether hits 5 enemies, all your cooldowns are instant and you have your super again

Or do way of the pathfinder and vortex grenades for hilarious DPS