Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

also a reminder you can use orb of bindings if you don't want to use alchs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

awesmoe posted:

you had to do lab for it so not worth

Show us on this doll where Izaro touched you.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

How do I make money in this game, I have 1e 20c worth of currency, need to upgrade lots of gear (each upgrade is pretty expensive considering what I have). I'm level 87 running tier 8-10 maps. I die very rarely, mostly when I'm stubborn and run a temp chains map with twin bosses like an idiot. Is the answer to just play more? I think I've clocked about 60h on this character.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Play more efficiently. Run maps faster, spend less time between maps, and don't pick up garbage.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
A bunch of people have asked me about my ele flurry pathfinder, so here's a PoB link: https://pastebin.com/9u8WH5Mn

e: this build is not cheap

My Shaper DPS probably looks a little low for ele flurry builds, but my choices are meant to balance out mapping speed and endgame DPS. If you can do 2m Shaper DPS do you really need more damage? That said, here are some options.

- Use Moonbender instead of Doryani's. You can replace Phys2Light with Ruthless or Maim. This also gives you the option of a Culling Strike corruption, which is 11.1% more damage.
- Switch to a 350PDPS claw and take the claw nodes. They're very good. I went with 1H sword because my rapier dropped and I multi-modded when exalts were 25c.
- Pick Raider over Pathfinder. Take more frenzy charges on tree. If you want to really ball out, Scion works really drat well too because of better tree pathing. I like pressing flasks and just wanted to respec my wander.
- Enchant your boots with pen. I'm too lazy to run uber lab again with a VP build.
- Use Wise Oak with perfectly balanced resists. I'm too lazy to balance mine. Also consider Sin's Rebirth.
- Take Acrobatics if you feel squishy.
- Not shown, but I offhand Brinerot for power charges.
- I have 6 GG jewels because jewel slots are fun, so if you can't afford jewels like that, your DPS will suffer. I favor attack speed a lot because flurry feels awful without it.
- Don't use Carcass Jack. Pick whatever chest you want; Belly gives more life.
- Get a 40% increased flurry damage helm enchant instead of flurry AoE.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 12, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*smashes the doll overhanded*

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

denizen posted:

Just started maps, I should be alching pretty much all the maps i can, yeah?

Alchs are hella cheap, I alch yellows and above.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm an old rear end perhaps, but I don't see the fun, only the pain and eternal deaths. If I'm still taking deaths even now as a summoner rear end in a top hat who actively has to/thrives on running around like a headless chicken to dodge whatever grade of gently caress you being thrown out and has the relative leisure to do so and thus deal with mechanics by actual observation, while the horde tries to do the actual damage, and has the relative space in the tree to take lots of life and or resist because they complete relatively early around 50, how does a build that has to worry about stacking it's own damage from the tree, that has to worry about raising his direct damage, that actually has to eat half of bullshit because they don't have a choice if they want to get the damage in, do ANYTHING?

I look at something like Izaro or the Shaper or the Gods I'm fighting and frankly I'm fearful and intimidated. They were not easy, they were not a piece of piss, and once was frankly enough, despite the fact I'll need to eventually kill Izaro two more times, with probably worse resistance than now. I can't put in that effort again.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It was real hard for my essence drain build to make it through merciless lab, I'll probably hold off on uber lab for a long-rear end time

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If I want ultimate go-fast, I'm gonna have to try a queen of the forest ranger, aren't I?

Here is another question, what sort of build is capable of doing the hall of the grandmaster map well? never gotten far in that, could a generic vaal pact berserker with 7800 hp or a 1000 strength baron necro waltz through it or would I be sent packing?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 12, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Take it from someone who, relatively, compared to every other fucker in this thread, sucks at this game: Izaro is easy if you know what his mechanics are that day.

If there's something you just can't do (Charge Disruptors DIAF), wait a day or just pay someone a pittance for the carry. If it's still a problem, farming Labyrinth is probably not in your build's future.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'll carry you nerds through uber, just ask in gchat.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

cinci zoo sniper posted:

he's a total pushover, I just hate spending 45 minutes loving around getting lost in that shithole and then dying to traps cos I was dropped as a baby
and thats not even getting into the times it crashes
gettin mad just thinking of it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

eventually you learn izaro's poo poo like any other boss. when in doubt, run in a circle around the room and he cant touch you while you plan your next move.

normal and cruel labs have been significantly nerfed and if you are struggling in them now you gotta take a step back and learn the mechanics.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

awesmoe posted:

he's a total pushover, I just hate spending 45 minutes loving around getting lost in that shithole and then dying to traps cos I was dropped as a baby

check uberlab for the days layout, look for 3-4 darkshrines and early puzzles near the main path for a quick 2 curious chests and 2 of his mechanics you don't mind having at full power, run izaro on those days, 4 darkshrines guarantees you get at least a treasure key or twice blessed at the end.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

awesmoe posted:

he's a total pushover, I just hate spending 45 minutes loving around getting lost in that shithole
up and to the right.

say it with me, up and to the right.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

awesmoe posted:

So do you not know of https://www.poelab.com? Lab should not take you 45 minutes regardless.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

whypick1 posted:

So do you not know of https://www.poelab.com? Lab should not take you 45 minutes regardless.

Thanks for sharing this, I hadn't come across it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

I'm an old rear end perhaps, but I don't see the fun, only the pain and eternal deaths. If I'm still taking deaths even now as a summoner rear end in a top hat who actively has to/thrives on running around like a headless chicken to dodge whatever grade of gently caress you being thrown out and has the relative leisure to do so and thus deal with mechanics by actual observation, while the horde tries to do the actual damage, and has the relative space in the tree to take lots of life and or resist because they complete relatively early around 50, how does a build that has to worry about stacking it's own damage from the tree, that has to worry about raising his direct damage, that actually has to eat half of bullshit because they don't have a choice if they want to get the damage in, do ANYTHING?

I look at something like Izaro or the Shaper or the Gods I'm fighting and frankly I'm fearful and intimidated. They were not easy, they were not a piece of piss, and once was frankly enough, despite the fact I'll need to eventually kill Izaro two more times, with probably worse resistance than now. I can't put in that effort again.

Izaro is an absolute pushover compared to any end-game boss. Summoner, assuming life-based SRS, should have a fairly easy time with the Labyrinth, even if some mechanics are pain in the rear end.

Either way you should probably just play more and get to know the game better. Also, cap your resistances, for fucks sake.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

check uberlab for the days layout, look for 3-4 darkshrines and early puzzles near the main path for a quick 2 curious chests and 2 of his mechanics you don't mind having at full power, run izaro on those days, 4 darkshrines guarantees you get at least a treasure key or twice blessed at the end.

And then the game crashes when you're 2/3 through.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hamburger Test posted:

And then the game crashes when you're 2/3 through.

:rip: you

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

whypick1 posted:

45 is an exaggeration but the main problem si those minutes just arent fun. waiting for flasks to refill as im stranded in the middle of a bunch of traps, teleporting from stupid loving pillar to pillar (and dark pact is not the loving way to clear those things let me tell you) and watching the timed cranks tick away, before getting most of the way through and getting disconnected, is just not fun. I could pay more attention and try to learn the trap patterns and look at the layouts (and I have, to get my ascendencies) but that's not what i want to be doing, I want to be running around like a gigantic charging ball of death making monsters explode in huge balls of purple gibbage
THATS where izaro touched me :(

Phobophilia posted:

Unspec Vaal Pact, get as much % and flat regen as you can, run a stone golem, and ask someone else to kill uber Izaro phases.

Like I said, I've done it, I'll just be damned if im doing it again even for two mirrors and a blowjob

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 12, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Unspec Vaal Pact, get as much % and flat regen as you can, run a stone golem, and ask someone else to kill uber Izaro phases.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Izaro is an absolute pushover compared to any end-game boss. Summoner, assuming life-based SRS, should have a fairly easy time with the Labyrinth, even if some mechanics are pain in the rear end.

Either way you should probably just play more and get to know the game better. Also, cap your resistances, for fucks sake.

I was just quoting a good post from earlier in the thread

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

AnonSpore posted:

Izaro is fun* as flicker strike but now I just let my 5L gramps totem solo him

*hmm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
izaro and everything else that doesn't have ele reflect is fun with fireblobby slayer

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Someone on Reddit found that Arcane Surge supports RF. And gives it the Duration tag. :stare:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Someone on Reddit found that Arcane Surge supports RF. And gives it the Duration tag. :stare:

Cool in a 6link but using Kaoms is still better

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wezlar posted:

Cool in a 6link but using Kaoms is still better

yeah true, it really only shines in a 6L shavs

the rich get richer :negative:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Props to those of you suggesting a staunching flask for corrupted blood. Now I just mash flask 1 when I see my life draining, no problem.

I finally got to red maps, I was starting to worry I was doing something wrong and stalled out at yellow somehow. So far so good, though one of my first boss encounters was healing at a rate outpacing my damage. I think it was because of desecrated ground? Luckily, it wasn't a particularly aggressive boss, so I eventually wore him out.

I'm not sure what to do with the character now, to be honest. I'm having trouble finding a better weapon, so while clear speeds for packs suits me fine due to the auto corpse-explode, I languish on bosses, especially with every other one suddenly being chaos resistant. Hopefully taking my last ascendancy to get the 80% damage boost when blocking a unique will help with boss encounters.

I've been trying to get more sources of chaos resist myself, since it seems to be my main way of dying since resolving the corrupted blood and being able to block spells. (Museum boss was giving me hell.) I will probably just need to find better rares to replace the uniques I've been accumulating, but I've been using resources trying to get better rings. I noticed Ahn's Heritage is lowering my max block, so I will need to replace that pretty soon.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/nofrikinfun/characters

Character name is Gravis_Infortunii. I'm currently respeccing to pick up a couple block nodes and will likely try to re-path the first part of my grid to pick up the armor/evasion/life nodes. Other than that, the character seems pretty solid in early red maps. I'm SSF, so I can't buy anything, really.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I've been trying to get more sources of chaos resist myself,

don't bother

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I started playing this again, going with a necromancer build. My passives keep mentioning spectres as a thing I can summon, but I haven't seen a skill gem that does this. When do I get spectres?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

It's a nice quality of life thing to have if your ele resists are capped :shrug: Especially if you're susceptible to DOTs for whatever reason (low leech or life regen values, not enough health pots on your bar to compensate).

SirPhoebos posted:

I started playing this again, going with a necromancer build. My passives keep mentioning spectres as a thing I can summon, but I haven't seen a skill gem that does this. When do I get spectres?

It's a reward for killing Gravicius in act 3. Specters are a lot more complicated than any other summons besides Guardians though, and if you aren't focusing on them it's usually better to have utility skills slotted.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

SirPhoebos posted:

Like halfway through act 3 iirc

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The wiki will tell you what quests give a skill gem, and also what vendors sell them. You can buy almost every skill gem at an affordable price from a vendor.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

NPR Journalizard posted:

I did, though im not sold on it. I just dont know that the extra time does all that much.

Is the extra curse worth it for the effort you would need to keep it up?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/donincognito/characters

DonDrainer is mine. I grabbed some crappy versions of stuff you want, and I think I might go upgrade some of them, but I want to upgrade my shield or right ring next and I think I need to downgrade some jewels so I dont have stupid dex requirements that mess things up. I am enjoying the dual biscos though. Never really played much with rampage before and it adds a bit of fun. Would be different on HC though.

I think the extra curse is worth it, if you run Blasphemy - Enfeeble with Witchbrew Flask (lvl 21 Vulnerability).
In guild, they also explained the duration nodes work for Wither, Flask curse, etc., so I think it's a keeper.
Need a few more levels before I can grab it. Very curious about it vs bosses.

I actually have a Bisco's amulet I will bring to this character as well, but right now I need the stats on my amulet.
This is easily fixed once I get another armour, but I really think my current 6L 4B2G beats out most unique 5Ls.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Short of getting a Xoph's amulet, what should the next goals be for CiaphasMeatraider, my Ngamahu Raider? I'm thinking the answer is "opal rings with EDWA, life and resists" but that sounds just as hilariously expensive as Xoph's itself.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ciaphas posted:

Short of getting a Xoph's amulet, what should the next goals be for CiaphasMeatraider, my Ngamahu Raider? I'm thinking the answer is "opal rings with EDWA, life and resists" but that sounds just as hilariously expensive as Xoph's itself.

get a 6link and use all your gem slots

if you want to try something that's a little easier for boss killing, run cyclone in a 4l and put molten strike your chest as a 6l

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah the boots were originally Kaom's Roots, guess I never bothered to figure out a good skill gem set to go there. CWDT IC I guess, if I were to stick with Cyclone. :shrug:

If I did stick with Cyclone on single targets would a sixth link really help all that much? I got the impression that it didn't, but it's very hard to tell what with PoB not able to calculate Molten Burst total DPS (and therefore not really knowing what percentage of my DPS Cyclone actually is).

Putting in Molten Strike might be kinda fun though...

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

cwdt ic is great on cyclone, especially if you've got some source of endurance charges (red dream or screaming all the time)