Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Today's /r/StarCitizen total meltdown in one image:

Citizens doubting the project will definitely not get the idea of a refund in their heads now :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

HycoCam posted:

By old coke dealer--do you mean she is like 65? Or do you now have a new coke dealer? Do you have a line on Crystal Pepsi by chance?
I'm a root beer man now

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Golli posted:

They didn't accuse him of lying. They said the individual got a refund for $330 and not $45k. They did not say the corporate card account was not refunded $45k.

Imagine if you were a corporate card holder and bought your company a whole bunch of defective binders from an office supply company. You return them for a refund of $1000.

While you are at the store refunding them, you also get a refund for a stapler that doesn't work that you purchased personally, on your personal card for $12.

Then you tweet - hey I just got a refund for $1000 on my corporate card and the manager sees the tweet and checks his records. He then tweets out that the individual that tweeted only got a refund for $12, not $1000 alleged previously.

Doesn't make the original tweet less true.

Secondly, only original transaction records would be definitive proof and only one person has those. Other people can vouch, but who wants the death threats (from anonymous internetters) and threatened legal action (from CIG for tortious interference)that would result from doing so.

Not many people.

:perfect:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent posted:

congrats chris, you've united a bunch of bitcoin loving, women hating, authoritarian and racist pieces of poo poo under one gaming roof

you're the fuckin mance rayder of terrible video game communities

plz notice I did not bring in politics and instead mentioned a cool nerdman thing

thanks

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Quavers posted:

Today's /r/StarCitizen total meltdown in one image:

Citizens doubting the project will definitely not get the idea of a refund in their heads now :doh:

This is legit amazing. CIG better give them something to talk about, fast.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

maybe a cat will help?

cat was good and soothing, thanks

I will now finish this second bottle of wine while playing something video game related or rewatching angel season 1

gently caress y'all for judging meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
holy gently caress redchris18 is going to cum so loving hard to love pledge

and hate himself for it

lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

CIG have to cover this up or even the dumbest people will start to wonder where the -£45000 is on the funding tracker

:laffo::laffo:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yeah well we're still investigating, even though it had nothing to do with Goons. He was on our Discord earlier today, and we've figured out his Twitter, forum, RSI account handles. I also have his email address.

By morning, I will know what he had for dinner.
I know this is asking a lot, but could you keep the creepy poo poo like this to your own forums or whatever

reading it here makes me kind of sick

thanks

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

you stopped drinking and started thinking didnt you?

e: dont do that

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Yeah well we're still investigating, even though it had nothing to do with Goons. He was on our Discord earlier today, and we've figured out his Twitter, forum, RSI account handles. I also have his email address.

Please just post what you know about the scam and leave individual people out of it

We don't care about what he had for dinner and neither should you

Beet we really need a mod challenge

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol no

I never stop drinking

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

"Those stupid shitizens won't be able to doxx him if I doxx him first."

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I say if love pledge is completed and fully released before LoD derek can only post in GBS, D&D and PI

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Dork Tracey is on the case.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I called it!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and if love pledge has more concurrent users and/or streamers than LoD derek can no longer claim he's an internet warlord

for his title passes to me

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Derek is trying to do some sort of preemptive vigilante doxxing.

Thread is good again.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
if 3.0 is released before either of those things happen, derek and I have to make out in beets closet for 7 minutes

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
For every copy of Love Pledge sold Derek has to remove someone from his ignore list.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yup.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
see you all in homeroom tomorrow

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Sappo569 posted:

Tried the Chili for the Chili God recipe at the end of football season last year. Learned a few cool techniques--but got to say my regular recipe is better. The heat just wasn't there either... (some lady's complained it was too hot--but I like mine you can't stop eating hot.)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/CrushBoss/status/908496746602311680

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Someone make Crushboss a mod and ban derrick.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Please just post what you know about the scam and leave individual people out of it

We don't care about what he had for dinner and neither should you

That was a joke. Jeez, get a grip.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Decrepus posted:

Someone make Crushboss a mod and ban derrick.

:negative:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

That was a joke. Jeez, get a grip.

You can say joke, but you've done that poo poo before.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yo wheres the burn down, did cig forget???

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?

SirScorpion posted:

It never became that, It was always that Exhibit A, was posted on the old front page along with the collection of pics from backers

Then you got this one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

I dont want to kink shame but CIG getting into this stuff waay back

So how did this picture actually come to be? If you guys don't doxx people, did this guy really take this picture, post it on the SC reddit\website, and pat himself on the back?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yo wheres the burn down, did cig forget???

They've been posting poo poo at like midnight lately.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Maybe I am ignorant poor, but it is far, far easier for me to imagine that someone clever faked some screenshots and other proof than it is to imagine:

An organization of players got together…
looked at the SC Kickstarter…
decided "this is the future for our club…"
collectively raised and invested more than $90,000 (if the claim that their individual refunds will dwarf the $45k refund is to be believed then they have to at least doubled that ammt)…
sat on it until now…
and successfully got it out of CIG.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

These are the Art Technica forums, circa 2002 when Freelancer was released.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Welcome to the Star Citizen Photo Contest. I draw your attention to image 15/98
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13309-Citizen-Gallery-Photo-Contest-Entries

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
From waiting for an epic witch hunt

To this:

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Image 45/98. No.. just, no. Don't use your kid for this, really.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

StarbloodKiss posted:

So how did this picture actually come to be? If you guys don't doxx people, did this guy really take this picture, post it on the SC reddit\website, and pat himself on the back?

It was from their photo contest.

MoMA participated as well.

Also this other thread favorite...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13309-Citizen-Gallery-Photo-Contest-Entries

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 15, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

StarbloodKiss posted:

One of them took a picture of themselves sitting on the toilet dropping a deuce, and posted it as their Star Citizen photo.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

XK posted:

One of them took a picture of themselves sitting on the toilet dropping a deuce, and photoshopped it into the game as their Star Citizen photo.

slideshow/Satan.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TheAgent posted:

cat was good and soothing, thanks

Watching Cat Videos Lowers Stress And Makes You Happy, Study Suggests