Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Bluedeanie posted:

That's interesting, usually Jones is the one running into women

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

attackmole posted:

Anecdotally, my Aunt ran into Jon Jones on a flight to Albuquerque once and he had a belt with him in carry on. Real champ poo poo.

Jon carries his belt at all times to do lines of cocaine off of it. A true champion.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Trast posted:

Jon carries his belt at all times to do lines of cocaine off of it. A true champion.

He does coke off the women's boobs while wearing the belt. At least that's what he told me

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I am Otis posted:

That sucks. The Olympics should mail him a new medal.

Regrettably, the IOC is unable to provide replacement medals but in lieu of his medal they will be mailing him a framed close-up photograph of Ronda Rousey's pelvic tattoo of the Olympic symbol thanks to a generous donation from the White collection.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

His doctor should mail him some new foot skin and his homo wners insurance should mail him a new house and possessions and pets.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“I am Otis”" post="“477246983”"]
He does coke off the women’s boobs while wearing the belt. At least that’s what he told me
[/quote]

So he's a big Ric Flair fan?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I can't speak for Jon but I like it when Ric Flair went WOO

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Does anyone know what the due process is for Jon Jones? What's next? I haven't heard much about what's next as far as hearing for him to explain which Gatorade had Turinabol in it or whatever

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I wonder that. too. I hope he fights again even if it's in the bush leagues. He always does something cool in his fights

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

Does anyone know what the due process is for Jon Jones? What's next? I haven't heard much about what's next as far as hearing for him to explain which Gatorade had Turinabol in it or whatever

he should get a chance to appeal once they decide on the length of his ban, but i dont think theyve done it yet. he can also file a dispute with CAS, the court of arbitration for sport which most likely will be public if he does. but i doubt he will do that cos in a case like his its basically a civil lawsuit where you dont necessarily get anything at the end of it

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

he should get a chance to appeal once they decide on the length of his ban, but i dont think theyve done it yet. he can also file a dispute with CAS, the court of arbitration for sport which most likely will be public if he does. but i doubt he will do that cos in a case like his its basically a civil lawsuit where you dont necessarily get anything at the end of it

He can't appeal to CAS. The agreement between UFC and USADA specifically departs from the WADA code on that, which is why the UFC is not a WADA signatory. His appeal would be to US arbitration.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rigel posted:

He can't appeal to CAS. The agreement between UFC and USADA specifically departs from the WADA code on that, which is why the UFC is not a WADA signatory. His appeal would be to US arbitration.

ohh.. excuse me

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Dang you fellas know a lot about this stuff

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Trudging through excruciating detail is a dirty job but someone's gonna do it.

Shout out to our mixed martial autists. Keep gathering those facts, fellas.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

Not sure how you can definitely say that RDA would whoop Conor or even beat him

They've both got common opponents, fairly recent ones, that one has beaten effortlessly and the other has decisively lost to. So, that's how.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if you said it I'd immediately dismiss it bc you're a retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

Not sure how you can definitely say that RDA would whoop Conor or even beat him

You're right, I'd never count out Conor's ability to KO anyone. But RDA is a really bad style matchup for Conor. I don't know if Conor's fought a methodical pressure fighter like him before.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I think it would be a cool matchup. I wouldn't count either guy out. Conor is good at getting up but if RDA got him down I think he could keep him there

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

That really would be a cool fight.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man I can't wait to talk about hypothetical Conor McGregor fights, the MMA champion who definitely will return to the UFC to fight and not ride off into the sunset in a gold Lamborghini that shoots a hundred dollar bills out its exhaust pipe.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

attackmole posted:

Man I can't wait to talk about hypothetical Conor McGregor fights, the MMA champion who definitely will return to the UFC to fight and not ride off into the sunset in a gold Lamborghini that shoots a hundred dollar bills out its exhaust pipe.

Why be cynical? Conor will probably fight again in the ufc.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
RDA vs Conor is a fight I'm sad we've missed.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Instead of being like Attack Mole who was complaining about talking about fights which is what a thread about UFC is about, what are some other fights that never happened that would have been cool?

I'll post some if I think of them but I'll let the big dogs post for now

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Conor and Cain are the two fighters that I mouthed off were awful for years until they changed my mind.

I'm at the point with Conor in which I don't give a poo poo what he does, it's going to be entertaining and I will not bet against him.

Cain, I still think I might have been right.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Hey Log

I wish Cain had a healthier career because I remember once he crucified Big Nog I wanted to see him win since he killed one of my heroes lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
A lot of cool matchups for Rory in the Fuckin ufc

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Skip My Posts posted:

For sure.

edit: I love a good beatdown but I wanna see him against the top guys. Maybe they could give him GSP as a tuneup fight...

I am Otis fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 11, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I am Otis posted:

I wish Cain had a healthier career because I remember once he crucified Big Nog I wanted to see him win since he killed one of my heroes lol

I remember thinking "man Cain gives up like 40 pounds and 4 inches of reach to Brock Lesnar, plus I think Brock has the better wrestling, I really don't see Cain getting this".

Then he loving savaged Brock in under a round and I was a Cain fan for life. He's the biggest "one that got away" for me - if he could have kept himself healthier he could have been a dominant force at HW. Not saying he wouldn't have lost to Werdum, but he'd still be active as opposed to being broken.

Skip My Posts posted:

:yeah:

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 11, 2017

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Cain beating the brakes off Brock is one of my fondest MMA memories for sure.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Yeah I wonder if it was the fabled "AKA injury curse" or if he just got hurt a lot. What could have been

Him loving up Brock was definitely badass

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I am Otis posted:

Why be cynical? Conor will probably fight again in the ufc.

Maybe in a couple years when he burns through some cash. It's such a pay cut from the Mayweather fight that I'm skeptical that he'll make the step back down to UFC paychecks.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
werdum is replacing hunt at ufc sydney

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaFfEoCgaaH/

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Mark Hunt is not happy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaFfEoCgaaH/

quote:

markhuntfighter@danawhite u peice of poo poo motherfuker why u fuckers pull me from the fight u getting another lawsuit u fuckwit u can kiss my rear end u bald headed prick🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕 u put that chicken poo poo bitch in get hosed cocksucker

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The most indicative thing you can say about Cain as a fighter is dude's a two-time heavyweight champion with two defenses who knocked out everyone he beat except Kongo, lost twice to champions and avenged one of those losses so brutally everyone forgot it happened, and the general impression of his career is still one of tragically wasted potential.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Everyone who has fought Floyd for years now has had to take a giant pay cut in their next fight and it didn't stop them. Conor will fight in the UFC again and it will be soon. Whether he'll actually fight someone relevant or demand Diaz again is another matter.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Now this. This is my poo poo.

mewse
May 2, 2006

All MMA news should be delivered by a raging semi-coherent Mark Hunt

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

attackmole posted:

Maybe in a couple years when he burns through some cash. It's such a pay cut from the Mayweather fight that I'm skeptical that he'll make the step back down to UFC paychecks.

Maybe in a couple days when you burn through your pay check you will maybe consider that Conor likes fighting, chose to do that because he liked it and was good at it and realized he could make money and will fight for his legacy instead of a step back down to ufc paychecks :]

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

attackmole posted:

Now this. This is my poo poo.

Yeh

This we can agree on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Snowman_McK posted:

They've both got common opponents, fairly recent ones, that one has beaten effortlessly and the other has decisively lost to. So, that's how.

Eddie Alvarez? Christ you are dumb.

• Locked thread