Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am enjoying my new game where Teclis can't attack the frog since he can't do so from this island and the frog can't attack me either. We are both locked here until I get a new army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Dongattack posted:

Have they said anything about potential new starting positions for the races in Mortal Empires? What i mean is for instance can you choose to start somewhere in the New Worlds as Dwarves for instance or are we locked to the tried and true spawns?

I don't have the quote handy, but someone from CA said that they are not including alternate starts for old world characters at launch, but it's something they want to do. They just had to get it working and live fast, so it got put on the backburner

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Game needs more lord starts and it's one of few ways I can think they could sell me TW3.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

How much you guys wanna bet that the Tomb Kings second LL start is those desert provinces south of Teclis?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Third World Reggin posted:

I am enjoying my new game where Teclis can't attack the frog since he can't do so from this island and the frog can't attack me either. We are both locked here until I get a new army.

This happened to me too, in the same place I think, or very close by. Had to hire a new lord to break the lock.

e: come to think of it, you could turn that bug to your advantage somewhat. Boot Teclis from the army, put some lvl 1 scrublord in charge instead. Disband every other unit in the army. You're still paying upkeep for an extra stack and a lord, but the lizardmen are paying more.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 19, 2017

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Is bonus damage like charge bonus, anti infantry etc armour piercing? E.g. plague monks have 10 bonus damage vs infantry, but little or no armour piercing. Curious when the extra damage is applied

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Gonkish posted:

Also looks like dwarves will still become a crazy superpower in the late game. Steam store page has a picture of the minimap showing them holding most of the old world by turn 200. So there's that.

Still can't wait. Gonna be amazing.

As it should be.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

obese frog man parks his 600-lb rear end on a narrow crossing, doesn't even notice as teclis stares on in frustration and impotence, unable to dislodge the aztec motorized scooter with his noodly elf arms

Vargs fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 19, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is all according to the great plan

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Grumio posted:

Is bonus damage like charge bonus, anti infantry etc armour piercing? E.g. plague monks have 10 bonus damage vs infantry, but little or no armour piercing. Curious when the extra damage is applied

Yeah it's armour-piercing as far as I know.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay, how much of a pain in the arse do you think fighting Skaven as the Dwarves is going to be?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Josef bugman posted:

Okay, how much of a pain in the arse do you think fighting Skaven as the Dwarves is going to be?

depends on whether they change the autoresolve algorithm at all

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Depends on how much artillery the Skaven stack has. A stack with no artillery will just see the Skaven hacked to pieces by warriors, one with lots of artillery will be an unfathomable pain in the arse.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Grumio posted:

I believe that bonus damage maintains the same proportion of armor piercing damage as the unit's regular weapon strength.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Grumio posted:

With the charge there's two things, impact damage and charge bonus. Impact damage depends on a lot of things: the mass and speed of the unit charging, the mass of the charged unit, whether the unit is bracing and how deep their formation is, etc., but the damage dealt is armor piercing. It's also entirely separate and has no relation to a unit's weapon damage/weapon skill. Charge bonus is basically a damage boost that a unit gets to all of their attacks for a short time after charging. The bonus damage is the same type as the unit's regular damage; an armor piercing cavalry will get armor piercing damage from their charge bonus.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

I can not wait for radious to redesign the map

Unless CA decides to change something very, very big for the modding community, this can't happen currently. You can change how the tactical maps are zoned out ala GCCM, but physical changes to the campaign maps are impossible on every warscape game so far.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Ze Pollack posted:

exception for Arkhan the Black, one of Nagash's few remaining loyal lieutenants

Even in Arkhan’s case he’s not so much an ally to the Vamps as he is indifferent to them (which is admittedly a vast improvement compared to most Tomb Kings’ views on the vile spawn of Nagash’s teachings). He happily teamed up with Khalida on one occasion so that he could retrieve one of Nagash’s artifacts while she was murdering the hell out of some poor fanged sap in Sylvania of all places.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oh man, a fully maxed out Saurus Scar-veteran on a Carnosaur is something special. That 15% speed in particular is incredible, he can catch up to pretty much anything and flanks like a flying unit.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Oh man, a fully maxed out Saurus Scar-veteran on a Carnosaur is something special. That 15% speed in particular is incredible, he can catch up to pretty much anything and flanks like a flying unit.

Now do it with a fleet footed (the trait that gives 15% more speed and strider) one. And then give him a banner of swiftness. Congratulations, you are now the fastest thing on the ground, and a giant monster. Most giant monsters aren't fast, and I delight in the fact Carnosaurs are as fast as... hmmm, their faster than most heavy shock cav (usually in the 66 range) but slower than light cav (80 and higher), so, I guess normal speed light Cav is what they're closest to in speed by default. I delight in the fact they are almost as fast as light Cav by default.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 20, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How much you guys wanna bet that the Tomb Kings second LL start is those desert provinces south of Teclis?

Those are cut off the map in ME, and wouldn't really make sense anyway. They were mostly centered around the Southlands, and most (if not all) of their kingdoms are on the map. Although if they are still sticking to the 4 LLs for each faction thing, we may end up with some disparate starts to spice them up.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Those are cut off the map in ME, and wouldn't really make sense anyway. They were mostly centered around the Southlands, and most (if not all) of their kingdoms are on the map. Although if they are still sticking to the 4 LLs for each faction thing, we may end up with some disparate starts to spice them up.

I’m thinking Settra in Khemri and Arkhan in the Black Tower nearby, with Arkhan possibly using Vampire Corruption like Morathi does to distinguish him and encourage him to go for his master’s Black Pyramid. Khalida, who has roamed far abroad several times for vampire hunts, in the Lustria desert for Vortex campaign with the rationale that she’s gunning for the Vampire Coast, and in her native Lybaras in Mortal Empires. Khatep, the Grand Hierophant, up in that vacant desert on the west of Naggaroth (I think it’s a desert at least, might be a wasteland), as he is in exile until he can find a way to restore Settra to the glorious golden immortal body he was promised, dunno where for Mortal Empires.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Dartonus posted:

I’m thinking Settra in Khemri and Arkhan in the Black Tower nearby, with Arkhan possibly using Vampire Corruption like Morathi does to distinguish him and encourage him to go for his master’s Black Pyramid. Khalida, who has roamed far abroad several times for vampire hunts, in the Lustria desert for Vortex campaign with the rationale that she’s gunning for the Vampire Coast, and in her native Lybaras in Mortal Empires. Khatep, the Grand Hierophant, up in that vacant desert on the west of Naggaroth (I think it’s a desert at least, might be a wasteland), as he is in exile until he can find a way to restore Settra to the glorious golden immortal body he was promised, dunno where for Mortal Empires.

They should start Settra up north and say he just started his quest to murder the Chaos Marauders who stole his crown.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gonkish posted:

I meant for the Vortex campaign, obviously Settra will be in Khemri and Khalida will be in Lahmia

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Khalida will be in Lahmia

I beseech Asaph, the Asp Goddess of Vengeance, empower me that I may bring retribution for this slight. (Lahmia is the birthplace of Vampires and was burned to the ground by the living Nehekharans, Lybaras is Khalida’s seat of power)

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Mazz posted:

Idk if this is fuel for the insanity fire, but the map that was datamined and the minimap in the screenshot above aren't actually the same maps, they didn't include the north or east (since thats game 3 territory) and some of the small seas are much more pronounced once you add topography.
Is it confirmed that is where game 3 will be? Is there going to be another one?

Any word on DLC factions for warhammer 2?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Diogines posted:

I am a fan of your CYOAs, cheers!

But to answer, Tomb Kings are 100% sure to be in. Apart from them it likely they might add Araby (based on the Warmaster army list, plus their provinces in the Vortex map are the richest region of the map with most of the trade goods present), the Southern Realms/Dogs of War are another candidate DLC faction.. Vampire Coast is another possibility for a shooty zombie army. People have talked about an Amazon Horde faction, but I think that'd be a stretch.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Diogines posted:

All that we know of game 3 is that it will likely be the stuff east of the world's edge mountains (where the dwarves hang out in the old world). How far east, we don't know.

As for DLC factions, the only one we really have any sort of confirmation of is the Tomb Kings, since their territory is present in the game already, and they had their own 8e army book on tabletop. CA has said they wanted to include all the tabletop armies, so TK are about as close to confirmed as you can get without any info from the developers.

Apart from that, there's other factions that could show up, but all of them are pure speculation. Most commonly people bring up Araby (the northern and northwestern desert bits of the Southlands), the Vampire Coast, Estalia and/or Tilea. None of that is even remotely confirmed in any way, it's all guesswork based on stuff like Norsca tech trees and such. Take it with a grain of salt.

All in all, we know relatively little about DLC thus far. There will likely be a lord/unit pack for the four main factions in WH2 (like the Grim and the Grave and the King and the Warlord), we may see new units for existing factions as FLC, etc.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ZearothK posted:

But to answer, Tomb Kings are 100% sure to be in. Apart from them it likely they might add Araby (based on the Warmaster army list, plus their provinces in the Vortex map are the richest region of the map with most of the trade goods present), the Southern Realms/Dogs of War are another candidate DLC faction.. Vampire Coast is another possibility for a shooty zombie army. People have talked about an Amazon Horde faction, but I think that'd be a stretch.

My favorite stretch is albion

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dartonus posted:

I beseech Asaph, the Asp Goddess of Vengeance, empower me that I may bring retribution for this slight. (Lahmia is the birthplace of Vampires and was burned to the ground by the living Nehekharans, Lybaras is Khalida’s seat of power)

I was referring to just the general regions, I'm sure Lybaras will be the province capital

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Amazons are the stretch I most want to see, because hey it's always nice to see more badass ladies. Same reason I want all the female LL's in. It helps that it pisses off TWC.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Does anything not piss them off. I was under the impression that they were nma for total war.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Eimi posted:

Amazons are the stretch I most want to see, because hey it's always nice to see more badass ladies. Same reason I want all the female LL's in. It helps that it pisses off TWC.

They would be cool, but I don't know if there's enough fluff there or not. Then again, they basically did the same with Norsca and that turned out REALLY well, so who knows? It could happen.

Agnostalgia posted:

Does anything not piss them off. I was under the impression that they were nma for total war.

I would not be surprised if there is significant overlap between TWC and NMA. Angry grogs unite.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Agnostalgia posted:

National Meningitis Association?

but also you're correct

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

A mod that added more cosmetic armor to Witch Elves went up yesterday, and I had a laugh at some of the angry comments. Seems like the author deleted most of them though.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I was referring to just the general regions, I'm sure Lybaras will be the province capital

Fair enough, the Vengeance is called off. Tomb Kings allow forgiveness in certain circumstances, unlike certain diminutive grave robbers.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Vargs posted:

The latent vampiric corruption in the deserts is the worst because it stands out so much and ends up just being this ugly zerg creep splotch directly underneath the cities. And it never goes away!

No matter what buildings or how many skink priests you have. So ugly

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Stephen9001 posted:

Now do it with a fleet footed (the trait that gives 15% more speed and strider) one. And then give him a banner of swiftness. Congratulations, you are now the fastest thing on the ground, and a giant monster. Most giant monsters aren't fast, and I delight in the fact Carnosaurs are as fast as... hmmm, their faster than most heavy shock cav (usually in the 66 range) but slower than light cav (80 and higher), so, I guess normal speed light Cav is what they're closest to in speed by default. I delight in the fact they are almost as fast as light Cav by default.

I got a sacred spawning carnosaur with a speed of 90

...and then put a +10 speed banner on it :getin:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

ZearothK posted:

I am glad you enjoy it! Any Grimdarkness in my CYOA is a coincidence! Thrilled to hear that Tomb Kings, keeping my fingers crossed for ogres!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

rockopete posted:

No matter what buildings or how many skink priests you have. So ugly

Well I mean, it's a desert of death flooded with necromantic energy. You can scrub and scrub but you're not getting the stain of Nagash out. Especially if you build that pyramid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

What's skaven infrastructure look like, specifically Skrolk? Thinking capital becomes money farm, 4 settlement province to the south becomes recruitment, everything else just food?