Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
gently caress yes, somebody finally made some Six String Samurai gear
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27676/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

horse mans posted:

I’m beginning to think I should just start streaming a Horizon playthrough to help people make up their minds. Would that interest anyone?

I see there's a new video of Horizon etc. on your channel from a few hours ago.The volume of your mic is way too low, I had to jack the sound all the way up on my computer to hear you talking and then I scared myself when the game started making sounds :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

NiftyBottle posted:

Yeah, for some reason Super Mutants almost all have sniper rifles in this mod. I don’t understand.

Isn't this because super mutants stupidly are limited to the weapons they use because of their animation set? I keep hoping one day they'd fix that with a mod.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27418/

Hey, this is a pretty cool Brotherhood outfit- wait, THE KITE? It's about The Kite and it's not lovely and titty! A fuckin miracle.

Seriously though, this looks good and there's leveled list support.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aha, I see it now. Since it's all separate pieces, the titty part is when there's no shirt under the overalls. (for some reason that image didn't load when I looked at the page???)

Still. The outfit is actually wearable and looks good.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Niero has also gone an interesting route, they always make well crafted mods, but now they offer more options on the base mods you can buy as an addon.

NiftyBottle posted:

Yeah, for some reason Super Mutants almost all have sniper rifles in this mod. I don’t understand.

I know, Its daft, I'd go for a large melee/bfg split. supermutants should not be wanting to shoot the balls off of stingwings.

staberind fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 2, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

horse mans posted:

I’m beginning to think I should just start streaming a Horizon playthrough to help people make up their minds. Would that interest anyone?

I would definitely be interested in seeing it.

The biggest thing that has stopped me from playing Horizon is just how much it changes the game. I know how to play FO4 but I don't know how to play Horizon.. does that make sense?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Seashell Salesman posted:

I see there's a new video of Horizon etc. on your channel from a few hours ago.The volume of your mic is way too low, I had to jack the sound all the way up on my computer to hear you talking and then I scared myself when the game started making sounds :(

Thanks! It’s been a while since I streamed and I didn’t check my levels. I’ll make sure everything’s good for the next one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

staberind posted:

Niero has also gone an interesting route, they always make well crafted mods, but now they offer more options on the base mods you can buy as an addon.

I know, Its daft, I'd go for a large melee/bfg split. supermutants should not be wanting to shoot the balls off of stingwings.

See my post above at the top of the page, now we've moved on from fretting over cartoon boobs and the same old nexus joke.

Basically if this an issue, I'd love to see it fixed. If you have a few meaty AR rifles kicking around with a few other big medium tier melee/ranged weapons with mods they'll sadly never use them and will be running around with either the ugly base rear end rifle or comically small hunting rifles that look hilarous because half the time they go for the Obrez modifications. You'd be lucky to get one carting around a heavy weapon like they used too.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

staberind posted:

Super Mutants would be more likely to appreciate the power of the round, and then obrez it down into a pistol and weld an axe ead to it for close combat.

Buh-bye Modern Firearms, lemme throw in some more clothing mods and some item retexes and hey, why not try this Vertical Spawns thing?

You know that one apartment building in Lexington, where that methed Jet'd-out Raider in power armor lurks? Has a weapons bench? Having just used said bench before saving, adding Vertical Spawns and then loading can get *really* loving sporty...

Gunners I expected. An eight-pack of Forged (remember, using Raiders Redux too), not so much. Plus some plain (still upgraded) Raiders. All right outside where the windows used to be, so evrrybody saw me. :ohdear:

Thar was an awful loving lot of Gunners, though. I think just clearing that interchange I whacked five or more commanders in power armor - and other than more faces and some added armor types, they're stock.

I am thinking that I may avoid the elevated freeways until I level up some, once I start playing for real...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

staberind posted:

Half the fun of cbbe is using outfit studio to do mashups. I consider stuff like tits and wires to be the base, and try to make an armour collection, (the mercenary underarmours are a fave, with some nice boots, ) I'm less into POWERTITSANDASS, more into making mashups with interesting sts of meshes.
if thats not an option for someone, yeah, your point is exactly that: sillicone synthy T&A

I really should have paid more attention to this, but I was discounting Bodyslide as I didn't want to use Complete Boobs and Butt Exaggeration... This Was An Error. It looks like I can do most or all of the baseline outfit fuckery I need via Outfit Studio, like converting custom-body stuff down to vanilla, male-to-female or vicey-versey, and warping/retexturing/resizing poo poo to fit my own preferences. (CapnBeeb - try it to see if you can edit that Skullface hat into what you want, dude!)

Some of what I slopped in last night included a bunch of "component" outfits, where bits and bobs could be assembled in user-chosen, uhhh, choices - which really showed that a lot of stuff was sex-specific (male/female, I mean) and also that it wasn't designed for mix'n'match. (Females in the mobster shirt and pants combo had some exposed midriff going on, and not in the "sexy" way. A "scavenged NCR holster" shoulder-holster set levitated a few inches off the female body, and clipped well into the upper arms.)

Too bad there's not a similar utility for weapons... or is there?

<please allow a lot more delay before I finalize my modset and start playing, because now it's not Barbie SOPMOD with default items, but rather >

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm still sad we're lacking a proper mod that holsters our primary weapon on our character model.

And the whole 'build a copy and slap it on' model doesn't loving work.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Ygolonac posted:

I really should have paid more attention to this, but I was discounting Bodyslide as I didn't want to use Complete Boobs and Butt Exaggeration... This Was An Error. It looks like I can do most or all of the baseline outfit fuckery I need via Outfit Studio, like converting custom-body stuff down to vanilla, male-to-female or vicey-versey, and warping/retexturing/resizing poo poo to fit my own preferences. (CapnBeeb - try it to see if you can edit that Skullface hat into what you want, dude!)

Some of what I slopped in last night included a bunch of "component" outfits, where bits and bobs could be assembled in user-chosen, uhhh, choices - which really showed that a lot of stuff was sex-specific (male/female, I mean) and also that it wasn't designed for mix'n'match. (Females in the mobster shirt and pants combo had some exposed midriff going on, and not in the "sexy" way. A "scavenged NCR holster" shoulder-holster set levitated a few inches off the female body, and clipped well into the upper arms.)

Too bad there's not a similar utility for weapons... or is there?

<please allow a lot more delay before I finalize my modset and start playing, because now it's not Barbie SOPMOD with default items, but rather >

As well as helping me lay waste to anything, I want everyone to look gorgeousClassy. oblivion was extra chromosome city. I booted up morrowind and forgot to put in better bodies. oh lordy.

Now we can have classy poo poo.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

staberind posted:

As well as helping me lay waste to anything, I want everyone to look gorgeousClassy. oblivion was extra chromosome city. I booted up morrowind and forgot to put in better bodies. oh lordy.

Now we can have classy poo poo.

All the modding I've done in other games has been plug'n'play, because I have no actual skills at creative stuff - I looked at building a new weapon for one game, downloaded a 3d modelling program and durrrrr... nope.

Now I can simply steal and modify the work of other people! :v: Playing with Outfit Studio got easier once I remembered i already *had* something that'd been modified male-to-female (that Evil Detective conversion - not the synth-arm one), so I opened up that male build and went to shrink'n'shape. I not only have some basic idea of what to do, but I found that said outfit is made up of discrete components - so I *can* gank that better belt/holster with the cuff-carrier and slap it into other outfits, or maybe as a seperate item per the other "component" clothing/accessories mod(s) I have.

Hell, I should be able to convert stuff from FONV to FO4, albeit at a major loss of detail/quality, right?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
For anyone interested in merging gun mods, I had a bunch merged successfully back a year+ ago when every mod used loose files. Now that half of them use the (proper) technique of putting their assets into .ba2 archive, it doesn't seem as easy. Using loose files for mods that use .ba2 leads to bugs in those mods, and mods that use loose files get bugs when you put the files into .ba2 archives. Ideally you want everything in .ba2's I think, but the proper thing might be to only merge mods that use the same type of storage for their assets.

edit:on a different note; because of the nexus this is now my fetish :nws: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/27712-1-1509700396.jpg

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 3, 2017

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Sintax posted:

For anyone interested in merging gun mods, I had a bunch merged successfully back a year+ ago when every mod used loose files. Now that half of them use the (proper) technique of putting their assets into .ba2 archive, it doesn't seem as easy. Using loose files for mods that use .ba2 leads to bugs in those mods, and mods that use loose files get bugs when you put the files into .ba2 archives. Ideally you want everything in .ba2's I think, but the proper thing might be to only merge mods that use the same type of storage for their assets.

Similarly everyone compiling their scripts and not distributing sources is really lovely. Bethesda ship their god drat script sources, why would you think you should closed source your free mod?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hold the phone, the dudes trying to recreate FNV in Fallout 4 dropped another release, the Classic Combat Armor design.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hold the phone, the dudes trying to recreate FNV in Fallout 4 dropped another release, the Classic Combat Armor design.

Welp, that was an auto-download.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I think it was cool of it to have it alongside the Fallout 4 versions, Fallout 2 had non military combat armor that translated to New Vegas too.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Seems to still be waiting for the file to hit the server or something but here's my Game Show Radio mod I just finished and uploaded
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27759/

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Sintax posted:

Don't use BAE to extract the BA2s, use Archive2 which is located in steamapps/common/Fallout 4/Tools. I think you might have to install the Creation Kit for the Tools folder to show up, I can't remember at this point. Anyway, depending on what kinds of compression the authors used (linear vs. something else), BAE sometimes can't extract the files cleanly. Do it with Archive2 instead and it should all work fine, that's how I do it for my gun merge. If you use Archive2 to make your own .ba2 files afterwards, make sure to not use compression on your "gunmerge - Main.ba2" archive since that's where sound files go and they'll stop working. Use compression on your "gunmerge - Textures.ba2".

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
OK, after having used Vertical Spawns for a while, I can honestly say "nay, gently caress this". The interchange at Lexington was just the beginning - there were a bunch of off-putting spawns, and some were solidly packed into too small an area, too close to enemy spawns, or both.

1 - side note about these high spawns: the AI does not handle gravity well. I ran into multiple spots where there was a pile of corpses - the high-spawned NPCs walked off the the edge because there was an enemy somewhere below. (Although watching a Behemoth do so was hilarious.)

2 - the freeway over the road up to ArcJet is infested with Super Mutants. This is fine. There's also two Behemoths on the top deck. See previous note regarding lemming impression.

3 - just down the road where the wrecked passenger-train car is in the pit, there's a shitload of Children of Atom. Enough so, firing enough Gamma Guns, that getting dogpiled resulted in CTDs.

4 - That Red Rocket on the northern edge of Cambridge, where some survivor was living on the roof? Like five or so Tankbots on the roof.

5 - Cambridge Square, there's less of a feral ghoul problem - because there's a shitload of Triggerman ghouls all over.

6 - OK, let's head towards Diamond Ci... my, that's a lot of gunfire. Oh look, roofs covered in Raiders or Super Mutants, including more Behemoths. But don't fret, the ground is swarming as well, including a three-pack of Behemoths: Epic, Glowing and I forget what the other was. Better clear a rooftop and hide tactically utilize the high gr.. holy *poo poo* look at all the roof apes. Ended up heading into Kendall Hospital because it was *safer*.

7 - finally sleaze my way past the Riptide, what are all the bots above Hangman's Alley shooting at to the east? More Triggerman swarms - this is one of the lemming spots. There's even 15-20 Triggermen standing around on the outside roof of Fenway. A *lot* more Raiders on top of that one apartment building where they're usually fighting Super Mutants. And all the way over on top of a building by the lake? Forged, of course.

8 - wander around downtown some, Goodneighbor is clear, bunches of high-rise firefights along the way. Clear out Hub 360 for the hell of it, come out on the upper floor - JESUS gently caress the partially-constructed building across the way is *covered* in Raiders. Having aggroed them, the HUD radar is 70+% a solid red bar. :catstare: Well within grenade range, as a constant rain of molotovs, frags and Nuka Grenades demonstrated.

And that's where I fast-travelled back to Sanctuary to screw around doing some other poo poo. I'd really expected something more akin to the mods that added patrols and such to FONV and Skyrim, which not only travelled along patrol routes, but more organically reacted to enemy activity. <sigh>

While Vertical Spawns is out, Gunsmith Extended is a keeper. I'm using a Colt N99 mod as my primary 10mm, so the vanilla 10mm pistols are getting tweaked - a Legendary one got switched to 5mm and is being used for quiet magdumps on armored targets. The Silver Submachinegun is now in .50 AE, and neat! Don't know what mod changed it, but it's now got a Legendary effect, "Shoots Through Anything". :getin: Clearing the Goodneighbor warehouses as cake, because the bullet-time mod I have lets me spot nearby enemies through cover, and so I just murdered everyone from just inside the entry door. "Death has come for you... and I am its Shroud!"

I'll have to screw around more later, but I think I'm getting closer...

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

There is a very good chance that the designer of that mod placed NPCs on top of structures that don't have navmeshes.

Also, if you want traveling groups of NPCs get NPCs travel.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Yeah, Vertical Spawns is a nightmare. Which Gunsmith Extended are you using? There are 2 different ones on Nexus. Okay, seems the "Gunsmith Extended 2.1" one is way out of date so mainline it is! Now to find/make a Horizon integration patch...

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope
Does anyone know what causes this bug? It only occurs when looking in certain directions and the pipboy light still works when it's black.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195003294 normal.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195003214 slightly to the right and all objects are black.
No luck with searching as all results are for entirely black screens. Drivers are all up to date and it occurs all over the map, not only in high density areas.
Only changes were a few weapon mods, but disabling them has no change, i tried the mod configuration menu at the same time but removed that as it was causing CTDs before the bethesda logo, and last change was that last major update for windows
10. But I think the last one, while probably not the cause, is the only change made since this behaviour started that I cannot reverse.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Can't quite tell what the problem is or what mods you're using but the only thing I know to cause similar flickering is ENB's cloud-shadows mixing with NAC, but it doesn't look like you're using ENB.

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope
Yeah its an ENB problem, didn't think of it as it's supposed to have only the stability patch on. To also clarify the screen wasn't flickering as much as looking a certain way produced that effect. Thanks.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Sylink posted:

In horizons a vendor stall requires a vendor contract, where do you get those? I cant find a reference to it anywhere.

A bit late here, but the answer is that you buy them at vendors. Traschcan Carla has one for sale, for starters. You also get a few in the Command Mailbox if you get Local Leader. This info is in the latest patch notes, though I'm not surprised you didn't find it because the notes are hidden in a spoiler tag in the fourth post on the mod page. The layout for this thing is honestly a nightmare, the information is spread out over three (sometimes four) different places, none of which are immediately obvious.

What is the current fun-tedium ratio of the changes made by Horizon?

Depends on your tastes. IMO it makes almost every aspect of the game better, but I'm the sort of person who loved the hell out of DUST. Not that Horizon is anywhere near as unfair as DUST/FROST, but it's largely for people who like a bit of challenge. That said most of the potentially aggravating parts of Horizon (like procuring food) can be greatly alleviated by smart perk selection, or just not playing it on survival. And not:

Sylink posted:

I used alternate stat, so maybe not the best choice. So I made it to Sanctuary with basically no health.

Doing this. There's a bunch of stuff in Vault 111 and the Sanctuary cellar that make the start of the game much more forgiving, notably a bunch of healing items. I played like 100 hours of Horizon and I saw it as this grueling hardcore experience - until I decided to play the game "properly" and follow the main quest line as intended rather than just sprint down to set up in Hangman's Alley first thing I did. At that point the difficulty curve proved a lot more reasonable. On a more specific note it's not that far from Sanctuary to Covenant, so I often just sprint there when I really need medical services early.

There's a New Player's Guide now that gives tips on how to build your character and start the game for a smoother experience.

The bottom line though is that Horizon gives Fallout 4 real gameplay decisions, and real consequences for those decisions. There's more pressure on you to find the best way on doing things, so any play style other than "whatever will make my life easiest" is basically a challenge run. Unfortunately it takes a bit of playing it to figure out what the best way is, but a rule of thumb is that your biggest enemy is resource scarcity so perks like Hunter and Technologist are your friends and picking fights with enemies that have a bad difficulty/loot ratio (like mirelurks) is a bad idea.

Your Computer posted:

I would definitely be interested in seeing it.

The biggest thing that has stopped me from playing Horizon is just how much it changes the game. I know how to play FO4 but I don't know how to play Horizon.. does that make sense?

I have the opposite problem at this point. Sometimes I see some cool mods that aren't compatible and I think maybe I wanna try vanilla for a bit, but then I think about all the balance and quality of life changes Horizon makes that I would be missing out on and no, just no.

One thing that might help though is setting up a different aesthetic environment. If you swap out your music/weather/ENB settings it feels more like an entirely new game.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Fallout 4 update dropped within the last couple of days, I'm sure including great updates to the content club or whatever. Be careful about updating your game if you use F4SE script-based mods, since apparently a bunch need to be updated like: MCM, Extended Dialogue Interface, and Looksmenu to name the ones that gave me a warning.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Sintax posted:

Fallout 4 update dropped within the last couple of days, I'm sure including great updates to the content club or whatever. Be careful about updating your game if you use F4SE script-based mods, since apparently a bunch need to be updated like: MCM, Extended Dialogue Interface, and Looksmenu to name the ones that gave me a warning.

I thought it was possible to disable auto-updates on Steam, but I went and looked for the option and I guess that's not a thing any more? For some reason?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Terrorforge posted:

I thought it was possible to disable auto-updates on Steam, but I went and looked for the option and I guess that's not a thing any more? For some reason?

You could never fully disable auto-updates, only change it to update at launch. But since you'd launch using F4SE and/or MO, you don't trigger Steam's pending update.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Jan posted:

You could never fully disable auto-updates, only change it to update at launch. But since you'd launch using F4SE and/or MO, you don't trigger Steam's pending update.

Even if you launch with the overlay?

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
Ugh, I didn't see the update coming and now skse isn't working. Is there a way to roll back to a previous update of skyrim?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Have they said anything about Fallout 4 VR being as moddable as regular fallout 4?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Dongattack posted:

Have they said anything about Fallout 4 VR being as moddable as regular fallout 4?

I'm also wondering about this. I've never installed a titty mod before, but in VR? Hell I think I just might.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dongattack posted:

Skyrim VR is completely unmoddable so I assume the same will be true for Fallout.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Important to note that Skyrim is psvr though.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Zore posted:

Skyrim VR is completely unmoddable so I assume the same will be true for Fallout.

Aw, boo.

I'm also wondering about this. I've never installed a titty mod before, but in VR? Hell I think I just might.

Imagine looking down at your own giant swaying tits only obscured by a plate/fur nipple cover as you are slaying dragons in your impossibly skimpy plate thong... VR truly IS the future...

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Ridable Robots looks amusing - I'm sure it's a *wonderful* way to get stuck in downtown Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I wonder if it would have been a lot of work for them to get Skyrim horses working in Fo4.