Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Quavers posted:

He's been very busy with that alt too:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Ivan_SC

The plot thickens, if this continues I'm upgrading from murmering 'doh, haha' to a full laughter induced double facepalm. :munch:

taxxe;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Quavers posted:

He's been very busy with that alt too:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Ivan_SC

It makes sense. CIG has at least threatened to come down quite hard on so-called "black market" trades and traders. If I were him I wouldn't risk my "grey market" account (or the privileges of mod-ship that come with it, in his case) getting nuked for also having black market trades on it. IMO it's a perfectly legitimate reason to have an alt - he's just playing by the lovely arbitrary rules CIG gave him.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Which green circle should I choose?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao, Jester using an alt account to advertise black market services on the refunds subreddit. Now I've seen it all.

Exhibit A: this post by one Ivan_SC advertising black market poo poo on /refunds

Exhibit B: Jester responding to comments in that thread with comments clearly written as "Ivan" lol. These comments don't exist because as soon as he realized the issue he deleted them, but since he's flagged for manual comment approval they're still in the modmail. Whoops!

Yeah totally shocking if you ask me.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

NEW SHELL COMPANY

In addition to the total of 16 corporations involved in this venture, a few days ago on 11/08/17, they created another one. This time a foreign entity called “Cloud Imperium LLC”. It’s not even complete yet, but you can go to https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/ and search for “Imperium” to pull it up. So that’s 17 in total now that we know of.

I've decided I'm going to open up shell companies and LLCs for my personal life. It couldn't hurt, right?

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Thoatse posted:

Enter, Spectrum. They made a site that's basically their own little North Korea that makes it easy to keep up appearances and disappear anyone/anything unbefitting of dear leader's visionTM but also made such a lovely mess of the forum for users that there was a critical mass herd migration to reddit. There they can generally maintain the narrative between sycophant brigades, retards on reddit, sunk cost grey marketers and good ole astroturfing etc, though outside the hugbubble of r/sc they often get drown in the bathtub of facts by non cultists that recognize the situation is laughably abnormal 6 years/160mil into this fever dream.

Quoting this because I was ambushed mid drink and nearly created my own nosebubble.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Your bad Tinder date was with XK International Incorporated. Please get your facts straight.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

I've decided I'm going to open up shell companies and LLCs for my personal life. It couldn't hurt, right?

I think I recall a poster on here recently mentioning something along the lines of "As soon as they make a 'cloud imperium LLC' that's when *funny event/ELE* happens".

I'm sure that's close to what was said and there was a quite logical and well thought out build up to it too. I just can't be assed trawling back through the thread. :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

Call me old fashioned, but what the actual loving hell has some bastardized goobledegook drivel word salad that has no place in any environment outside of a mental institution breakout plan by the patients got to do with a computer game?

loving seriously, why is it even a 'thing'? It's utterly pointless, useless, worthless, dull, boring, not something anyone needs to add to a computer game. Do 'citizens' actually think this is a feature worthy of having money thrown at it, rather than some smidgen of actual playable gameplay?

Never underestimate the power of the :sad: :spergin:

It's just dreams on top of dreams by a bunch of already-plucked marks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Thread is amazing right now, I love you all.

e: Derek is that spec and telemetry you posted for the client machine?

e2: it is, it's the client machine, I didn't believe it and thought it was a server spec. That's mental.

Yeah, it's client. We don't know what AWS tier they switched to; but the general consensus is that they did in fact switch.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

I think I recall a poster on here recently mentioning something along the lines of "As soon as they make a 'cloud imperium LLC' that's when *funny event/ELE* happens".

I'm sure that's close to what was said and there was a quite logical and well thought out build up to it too. I just can't be assed trawling back through the thread. :)

I've reached the point where I'm on the fence whether the difference between "Robert Space Industries" and "Robert's Space Industries" is accidental or devious.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

trucutru posted:

You have to hand it to Crobbers & co: they've found a large pot of broke-brained idiots willing to spunk money for their dreams :laffo:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

You and that other guy are alts, but, myself and that other guy are not alts.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Cloud Imperium LLC is a Delaware corporation incorporated on 11/7/2017.

The 11/8 registration in California is listed as 'Foreign' because it is a company incorporated in another state being registered to do business in California.

When the statement of information document becomes available on the CA website (due within 90 days), it should contain more information on the purpose of the company. For example - Cloud Imperium Rights LLC is for "Registration, Administraion, and Enforcement of intellectual property rights"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

Wowzers, those loving people. :eyepop:

I can't wait for them to decipher the derpanese and start using it on :reddit: as their primary communication tool. :)

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

XK posted:

I've reached the point where I'm on the fence whether the difference between "Robert Space Industries" and "Robert's Space Industries" is accidental or devious.

It's incompetent, and hilarious given the recent tactic of hiding behind shell companies.

Robert Space Industries is NOT a company registered in California. So, the TOS is unenforceable on its face. Roberts Space Industries does not have standing to enforce it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Dementropy posted:

jester86:
I used him to sell off my ships when I wanted out.

Jester is out? Filthy leaver.

Why would anyone ever want to moderate the r/DS sub if they had no skin in the game? What a nightmare.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Foo Diddley posted:

The puppers lays on its back, its belly begging to be rubbed, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping

What do you mean I'm not helping

1 upvote for a blade runner reference.
I'd give you gold but can't find the button. Plus I don't have any.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotdtdZ_vy0

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Star Citizen: go write a blog anyway

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Golli posted:

So on June 6, 2017 Cloud Imperium Games was approved to use the trademark "Star Citizen" for

This is followed by the establishment of Cloud Imperium Rights LLC, modification of a few of the shell corporation statements removing Ortwin as the person to send 'service' notices.

And most recently, the registration of a new shell company in California, on Nov 8, 2017 - Cloud Imperium LLC.

There also appears to be a relationship between the (new) controller for Gemini 42 (an Ortwin and Roberts Bros venture) and Grosvenor Park, a film financing company - though I haven't been able to verify it.

Just seems like weird stuff going on for a game company in crunch mode for release of a 'game'.

maybe related to the documentary they are filming? Thinking that was a stretch goal.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Solarin posted:

maybe related to the documentary they are filming? Thinking that was a stretch goal.

Already finished; "The Road to CitCon" or whatever it was

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

Wowzers, those loving people. :eyepop:

I can't wait for them to decipher the derpanese and start using it on :reddit: as their primary communication tool. :)

Imagine the most boring, mundane, aggressively anti-fun idea you could have for a video game. Well, somebody already beat you to it and is dreaming about being able to experience it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

trucutru posted:

Imagine the most boring, mundane, aggressively anti-fun idea you could have for a video game. Well, somebody already beat you to it and is dreaming about being able to experience it.

"When I was watching the third Xi'An language lesson..."

I mean, I learned the Ultima runes well enough to read them without a reference, but that happened just by playing the games. I didn't have to take fuckin' classes

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

"A look at port olisar but with alot of ships and stable frame rate."

(Frame rate stutters between laughable and PowerPoint throughout the entire video)

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

ComfyPants posted:

"A look at port olisar but with alot of ships and stable frame rate."

(Frame rate stutters between laughable and PowerPoint throughout the entire video)

Not to mention that it's a 6 minute video showing absolutely nothing. 6 minutes of paint drying would be equally as captivating.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

:eyepoop: :piss: :stonklol:

You're not wrong, he watched one of those SC language vids and "western union, but in space" is his exiting gameplay dream. :ohdear:

He's literally gone to a lapdancing bar which has only old dusty broken trainsets, a gramophone repeatedly playing a badly scratched Doris Day record, bags of old worn out slippers hung on the walls and no lapdancing or alcohol or music or people under 80, and he's gone "this is great, but how can I make it even less interesting or exciting?"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao, Jester using an alt account to advertise black market services on the refunds subreddit. Now I've seen it all.

Exhibit A: this post by one Ivan_SC advertising black market poo poo on /refunds

Exhibit B: Jester responding to comments in that thread with comments clearly written as "Ivan" lol. These comments don't exist because as soon as he realized the issue he deleted them, but since he's flagged for manual comment approval they're still in the modmail. Whoops!

Thank you for explaining this, lol

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

And there it is, the double handed facepalm lol moment. :D

It's almost like he wants out of the crazy club, to close it down, forget about it, be forgotten and remain hopeful that no one noticed he is SC_Ivan/RSI_Ivan. :)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Use PNG instead of JPG whenever capping text or simple graphics.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Dementropy posted:

jester86:
I hate modding this place. How can I get out?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

"At some point, potential shitizens of the future"

:lol:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
How we doing folks. I Star Citizen out yet?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I’m playing CoD:IW by way of free trial. It’s basically S42, but actually out and pretty fun SP campaign.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

star citizen is a mess

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

"At some point, potential shitizens of the future"

:lol:

That's pretty good, but him moderating that place during his honeymoon is even better.

-Yes dear! I'll be right there after I tell this guy to stop posting about Derek Smart's testicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sabreseven posted:

And there it is, the double handed facepalm lol moment. :D

It's almost like he wants out of the crazy club, to close it down, forget about it, be forgotten and remain hopeful that no one noticed he is SC_Ivan/RSI_Ivan. :)

Jester is weird. At times he seems reasonable, and he appears to understand how hosed up most of the denizens of the DS sub are, but then he'll dig his heels in over something petty and argue the most inane and indefensible poo poo for days on end. He's talked about closing the sub at various points over the past couple of years. I have to assume he's tired of moderating it, but kinda hung on when he had a financial stake in defending CIG. If he really has cashed out, then I could see him pulling the plug for good.