Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

FrozenVent posted:

also drat that cabin; has musk ever heard of driver teams?

I am absolutely certain he has not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
doesn't musk know that it needs trucker lady mudflaps in order to sell??

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
it’s weird how anytime tesla/spacex announces or does anything half the articles are about “elon musk is going to thing” or “elon musk just did thing” as if he’s the only one that works at these companies. i can’t think of any other ceo that gets jerked off as hard as him. spacex could announce that they’re building a flying robot that will murder people and the verge would write an article about how elon musk is saving the environment

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

dc3k posted:

it’s weird how anytime tesla/spacex announces or does anything half the articles are about “elon musk is going to thing” or “elon musk just did thing” as if he’s the only one that works at these companies. i can’t think of any other ceo that gets jerked off as hard as him. spacex could announce that they’re building a flying robot that will murder people and the verge would write an article about how elon musk is saving the environment

Steve Jobs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i think musk being seen as Science Jesus is more a symptom of society not really valuing actual science or ambitious projects anymore - musk is just an opportunist with a marketing team that's taking advantage of that giant gap

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

dc3k posted:

quote:

Tesla is taking a page from its Model 3 playbook (a game plan that’s currently a roll of the dice), but it’s one that tends to generate tons of hype and whip the media and Musk fans into a frenzy

it's a wonder the author can even write the article with his hands firmly wrapped around musky's musty dick while slobbing his knob.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also that VTOL idea is a flying robot that murders people lol

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Powaqoatse posted:

you need to drop 250k up front for ol musky to sport a semi

lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
there are literally people in the verge comments defending musk's claim that that truck is more aerodynamic than a supercar

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
i also want to know the real range with a fully loaded trailer because you know that 500mi range is based on either just the cab or cab + empty trailer with a boat-tail fairing

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

hahaha oh god I bet ole musky is going to do some kind of zero ground clearance chassis/trailer thing and only testing it at Nuremberg

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

hahaha oh god I bet ole musky is going to do some kind of zero ground clearance chassis/trailer thing and only testing it at Nuremberg

Elon Musk should be tested at Nuremberg by a tribunal

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
just pretend i quoted this whole article

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/17/16669024/tesla-roadster-2017-fastest-car-world

musk just throwing out numbers that have no relation to reality and people eating it up and asking for seconds.

and double loving lol for going with the worst steering wheel design

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

silicon valley superbrain designs a semi that leaves no room for sketchy truck stop beej

e:

quote:

As the opening guitar licks of the Beastie Boys’ “Sabotage” blasted over the loud speaker
I don't know what it is about this song but it's a magnet for awful people

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

He also said the new Roadster would climb from 0 to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds, and will clear the quarter mile in 8.9 seconds (in case the Fast & Furious drag race franchise comes calling).

this person has never actually seen a fast and the furious movie and it shows lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"it's just like a breakdancing movie except instead of rival dance groups it's cars right"

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

just pretend i quoted this whole article

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/17/16669024/tesla-roadster-2017-fastest-car-world

musk just throwing out numbers that have no relation to reality and people eating it up and asking for seconds.

lol every single trucker is going to throw a wrist snapper knob on one those

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

best way I heard the franchise described is "super hero movie, but the super powers are cars"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

MononcQc posted:

best way I heard the franchise described is "super hero movie, but the super powers are cars"

yeah that's pretty good, i usually just call it "car fighting"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol every single trucker is going to throw a wrist snapper knob on one those

I think that's the roadster, not the semi.

a $250k car with a spaceballs joke built in.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
f&f movies are the loving best

you start out watching it thinking "physics do not work that way" and then the fun part of your brain tells the nerdlinger part of your brain to shut the gently caress up and you walk out of the theater 2 hours later grinning like a maniac.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
posting verge articles is cheating btw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

it's a wonder the author can even write the article with his hands firmly wrapped around musky's musty dick while slobbing his knob.

musk fans are a notoriously fickle bunch

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
danger to manifold

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

f&f movies are the loving best

you start out watching it thinking "physics do not work that way" and then the fun part of your brain tells the nerdlinger part of your brain to shut the gently caress up and you walk out of the theater 2 hours later grinning like a maniac.

they’re my favorite movies for watching on airplanes because of this

that and Delta usually has like 5 available at any given time on the seatbacks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
grannyclockin

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
*ohhhhh*

*ohhhhh*

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

aaand the techie scum of my company are already loudly jacking off Musk

"did you see the new roadster?! FASTEST CAR EVER MADE! i need one so much!!!!"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

listen everyone knows BIG SPORTSCAR has been imposing steering wheels with outmoded concepts like "able to turn past 90 degrees" and "isn't slippery as gently caress" on the world and tesla are going to disrupt the gently caress out of that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

someone posted some screencaps of that rolling stone interview to imgur the other day -- the one where ol' musky talks about being a forever alone nice-guy, can't sleep in an empty bed, loves girls more than they love him, etc.

the imgur "community" laps that poo poo up and in comments is like "this poor man is singlehandedly saving the world and he's a billionaire and STILL those bitches don't even want to hang out with him because he's a NERD"

on the other hand,
http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a5380/millionaire-starter-wife/

quote:

in the months following our wedding, a certain dynamic began to take hold. Elon's judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. "I am your wife," I told him repeatedly, "not your employee."

"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."

quote:

Elon was obsessed with his work: When he was home, his mind was elsewhere. I longed for deep and heartfelt conversations, for intimacy and empathy. And while I sacrificed a normal family life for his career, Elon started to say that I "read too much," shrugging off my book deadlines.

quote:

I could no longer hide my boredom when the men talked and the women smiled and listened. I wasn't interested in Botox or makeup or reducing the appearance of the scars from my C-sections. And no matter how many highlights I got, Elon pushed me to be blonder. "Go platinum," he kept saying, and I kept refusing.

quote:

Elon agreed to enter counseling, but he was running two companies and carrying a planet of stress. One month and three sessions later, he gave me an ultimatum: Either we fix this marriage today or I will divorce you tomorrow, by which I understood he meant, Our status quo works for me, so it should work for you. He filed for divorce the next morning. I felt numb, but strangely relieved.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I desire a racecar that will punish my wangus and nads if I turn too much

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

anyway our very own ev thread is doing the exact same thing. all ol' musky has to do is announce that the car will be the fastest ever made four years from now and everyone in there is like "omg new life goal"

it's like fuckin', star citizen or something

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MononcQc posted:

the first fast & furious movie is literally "point break, but street racing" and it's just as fun as point break for the same reasons. paul walker even talks like keanu reeves in it.

i haven't seen the new ones.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

listen everyone knows BIG SPORTSCAR has been imposing steering wheels with outmoded concepts like "able to turn past 90 degrees" and "isn't slippery as gently caress" on the world and tesla are going to disrupt the gently caress out of that

muskman literally decided to reinvent the wheel

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I desire a racecar that will punish my wangus and nads if I turn too much

elon "elon musk" musk punished my balls

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

the first fast & furious movie is literally "point break, but street racing" and it's just as fun as point break for the same reasons. paul walker even talks like keanu reeves in it.

i haven't seen the new ones.

i forget which one has the airplane runway scene but it's amazing.

the space shuttle didn't need a runway that long to land from orbit.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
'I see things differently': James Damore on his autism and the Google memo

No one recognises the woman standing beside him. She is Damore’s girlfriend: a feminist and a data scientist who works in tech.

The couple make a surprising pair, as I discovered when we sat down and talked about some of the issues they usually avoid: the gender pay gap, whether boys are more suited to board games than girls, and the 10-page memo that turned Damore, almost overnight, into a pariah in their industry.

Damore’s girlfriend has agreed to meet only after being assured that, like her, I disagree with her boyfriend’s views. She does not want to be identified or directly quoted: she is keen to remain in the shadows. Damore, meanwhile, has appeared to bask in the attention; in the months since he left Google, he has become a commentator on political issues that extend well beyond the tech industry, becoming one of the most polarising figures in Silicon Valley.

I ask if he finds interacting with people difficult. He replies: “It’s hard for me to say what’s ‘difficult’ because I don’t know what the average is.” But he finds small talk tiring and can see behavioural traits in himself that may be linked to the condition, such as “having fewer friends due to maybe social awkwardness”.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

e:
He had also been doing a lot of personal research about politics. He knew he was a centrist with libertarian inclinations but, he tells me, he “wanted to understand the world and why people seem to have such different perspectives and opinions”.

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 17, 2017

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

someone posted some screencaps of that rolling stone interview to imgur the other day -- the one where ol' musky talks about being a forever alone nice-guy, can't sleep in an empty bed, loves girls more than they love him, etc.

the imgur "community" laps that poo poo up and in comments is like "this poor man is singlehandedly saving the world and he's a billionaire and STILL those bitches don't even want to hang out with him because he's a NERD"

on the other hand,
http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a5380/millionaire-starter-wife/

techbro ceo is a narcissistic psychopath?! well i never

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

No one recognises the woman standing beside him. She is Damore’s girlfriend: a feminist and a data scientist who works in tech.

The couple make a surprising pair, as I discovered when we sat down and talked about some of the issues they usually avoid: the gender pay gap, whether boys are more suited to board games than girls, and the 10-page memo that turned Damore, almost overnight, into a pariah in their industry.

Damore’s girlfriend has agreed to meet only after being assured that, like her, I disagree with her boyfriend’s views. She does not want to be identified or directly quoted: she is keen to remain in the shadows. Damore, meanwhile, has appeared to bask in the attention; in the months since he left Google, he has become a commentator on political issues that extend well beyond the tech industry, becoming one of the most polarising figures in Silicon Valley.

I ask if he finds interacting with people difficult. He replies: “It’s hard for me to say what’s ‘difficult’ because I don’t know what the average is.” But he finds small talk tiring and can see behavioural traits in himself that may be linked to the condition, such as “having fewer friends due to maybe social awkwardness”.

lol she should definitely dtmf

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm not into this Barons and z0r reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

e:
He had also been doing a lot of personal research about politics. He knew he was a centrist with libertarian inclinations but, he tells me, he “wanted to understand the world and why people seem to have such different perspectives and opinions”.

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

my longest ayyy lmao ever

• Locked thread