Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Duckbox posted:

All I could think reading those exile excerpts was how lame 90s/early 2000s troll/shock jock poo poo is in retrospect. Buncha white boys with bad hair and faces that look like hobbit feet fronting like they're tough sex having high school bullies who just happen to own a thesaurus.

Yeah, I remember tucker max/maddox/whatever the gently caress being cool and edgy back when I was an idiot teenager. But now if you look back on all that poo poo you kind of just cringe and go "I thought this was funny? Am I actually retarded just like my parents always said I was? Is this why I was in the special classes???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Marxalot posted:

Yeah, I remember tucker max/maddox/whatever the gently caress being cool and edgy back when I was an idiot teenager. But now if you look back on all that poo poo you kind of just cringe and go "I thought this was funny? Am I actually retarded just like my parents always said I was? Is this why I was in the special classes???"

I don't think it got better, it went from bro-culture to intellectualized pua/incel/mra movement.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
haha im so cool and mature now, and i have all the right opinions. man im glad i turned into such an awesome dude who is right about everything, man all the stuff i used to like sure is dumb trash, god it loving rocks being such a loving badass.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

A really good #Bigfoot thread came out of this, and I'm really glad.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

matt taibbi is very good

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i dunno how tucker max ever sold books his stories were so obviously phony and also terrible.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

mike12345 posted:

I don't think it got better, it went from bro-culture to intellectualized pua/incel/mra movement.

I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I think a reasonable person could draw a pretty straight line between mid-00s fratire, PUAs in their furry tophats, MRAs, the alt-right and the current president. :tinfoil:

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Tabbi's outright vulgarity is a lot better than the actually harmful passive-aggressive poo poo that commonly passes as journalism.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Split Pea Superman posted:

Tabbi's outright vulgarity is a lot better than the actually harmful passive-aggressive poo poo that commonly passes as journalism.

I agree

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
"You're always trying to force Masha and Sveta under the table to give you blow jobs. It's not funny. They don't think it's funny," Kara complained. "But... it is funny," Matt said. We have been pretty rough on our girls. We’d ask our Russian staff to flash their asses or breasts for us. We’d tell them that if they wanted to keep their jobs, they’d have to perform unprotected anal sex with us. Nearly every day, we asked our female staff if they approved of anal sex. That was a fixation of ours. “Can I gently caress you in the rear end? Huh? I mean, without a rubber? Is that okay?” It was all part of the fun."

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Some of the Sheep posted:

"You're always trying to force Masha and Sveta under the table to give you blow jobs. It's not funny. They don't think it's funny," Kara complained. "But... it is funny," Matt said. We have been pretty rough on our girls. We’d ask our Russian staff to flash their asses or breasts for us. We’d tell them that if they wanted to keep their jobs, they’d have to perform unprotected anal sex with us. Nearly every day, we asked our female staff if they approved of anal sex. That was a fixation of ours. “Can I gently caress you in the rear end? Huh? I mean, without a rubber? Is that okay?” It was all part of the fun."

Well at least they're reporting on cases of harassment!

I read some of the exile, but I don't remember any stuff like that. They probably are bad people, but I don't think being a bad person is a necessary pre-condition for writing in an honest manner. Then again so much of this stuff gets covered with lies so who knows.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That guy from a band apologizing for consensual sex in a relationship is a strong contender too.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinegroveband/posts/10155748505559774

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Boof Bonser posted:

I would understand it so much more if it were that simple and cynical, but the author of that WaPo article seemed genuinely MAF about this 20 years later, which suggests that she's gotta be some kind of demented narcissist.

There are a lot of demented narcissists in journalism.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

haha im so cool and mature now, and i have all the right opinions. man im glad i turned into such an awesome dude who is right about everything, man all the stuff i used to like sure is dumb trash, god it loving rocks being such a loving badass.

This but unironically.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally people are speaking out about being sexually harassed like they should have originally instead of ignoring or hiding it to further their careers thank god, we should praise them for their bravery to get rich and then out these people after they’ve got what they came for years later, it takes courage

Please don’t probate ban this is a stupid joke oh god mods please no

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blowfish posted:

that's 15-life for you mang

youll have to catch me first baby. we dont boil down all the horses, we keep some for getaways

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

That guy from a band apologizing for consensual sex in a relationship is a strong contender too.

Can you tell us more about this individual and how he is being unfairly demonized by a warlock hunt culture?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Split Pea Superman posted:

yeah hes fun enough, i like him. i havent read and dont care about some tryhard poo poo he wrote in his twenties tho

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Some of the Sheep posted:

its called satire and i'd rather a thousand years of uninterrupted this than a single afternoon of "with conflict raging across yemen, more women are joining their husbands as breadwinners as people find it harder to provide for their families" journalism, which i call HERnalism.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Boof Bonser posted:

I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I think a reasonable person could draw a pretty straight line between mid-00s fratire, PUAs in their furry tophats, MRAs, the alt-right and the current president. :tinfoil:

yeah. when their pua tactics didn't work they decided it was because women had already been programmed to only be atracted to ethnic minorities by hollywood (((globalists))) so they all became anime frog nazis in the crusade against white genocide

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

its called satire and i'd rather a thousand years of uninterrupted this than a single afternoon of "with conflict raging across yemen, more women are joining their husbands as breadwinners as people find it harder to provide for their families" journalism, which i call HERnalism.

Oh I see, well that obviously makes it all better.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Frosted Flake posted:

It's almost like the current social moment is giving a lot of people who are already prone to low self-esteem and self-hatred a convenient explanation and outlet for their negative feelings

I'm seeing so many talented and genuinely good guys fall down this hole of "oh god I'm so full of SIN" based on their in-born traits and completely normal interactions with other people, and instead of saying "hey man, you really don't need to do this, you're doing relatively okay," people either call them brave for being so open about their privileges or go after them for not being contrite enough, which just contributes to that cycle

Like Dan Harmon is going to be dead within 10 years because it's obvious that he's using social justice and his own original sin of privilege as a framework to explain why he still hates being alive despite being rich and creatively respected

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yo, chickie. wana get goosed?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
journaJISM baby eyah

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Mark Ames probably actually did rape 15 year old prostitutes but Tabbi probably didn't.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

i like that posted:

Can you tell us more about this individual and how he is being unfairly demonized by a warlock hunt culture?

Being in a band and having sex with fans isn’t inherently coercive.

More than that, he was in a relationship serious enough to involve meeting parents and discussing moving in together so it’s not like his inherent power of... playing music tarnished the whole thing.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So a woman he was in a great relationship with and wanted to move with just one day decided to make up some stuff about him? Darn her, that's really twisted. I'm glad he explained everything though so now we can know the true and real story :peanut:

Club Sandwich
May 25, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

holy poo poo, I knew this guy. Used to hang out at my college a lot my junior year. Bit of a creep, and I'm honestly not surprised that wall of text is how he chose to respond to whatever the situation is.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
What if the lady who wrote the WAPPO article is just doing satire nad then all the bad-type attn she gets from being a big dumb idiot will qualify her for being a victim "for real?"
Haha, nah. Matt Tababi isn't important like a video game or a hollywood movie remake is.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a) Who the gently caress is Matt Tabi?
b) Asking whether you would enjoy being hosed in the rear end is a pretty common gopnik-style joke.

conclusion: author of the article knows jack all about russian culture or values, the loving racist.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mr matthew taibbi, journalist

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OWLS! posted:

a) Who the gently caress is Matt Tabi?
b) Asking whether you would enjoy being hosed in the rear end is a pretty common gopnik-style joke.

conclusion: author of the article knows jack all about russian culture or values, the loving racist.

might i goose u in the seats of ur pants, comrade

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

who knew that this would spiral out of control into some kind of situation Arthur Miller would make a play about?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Orkin Mang posted:

might i goose u in the seats of ur pants, comrade

Нет, отъебись.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OWLS! posted:

Нет, отъебись.

da, owls

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I forget, was Taibbi involved in that whole stdh horse sperm pie thing

No I think that was the commercial reality program Fear Factor

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Club Sandwich posted:

holy poo poo, I knew this guy. Used to hang out at my college a lot my junior year. Bit of a creep, and I'm honestly not surprised that wall of text is how he chose to respond to whatever the situation is.
Oh word?

Frosted Flake and Squashing Machine got awfully quiet...I wanted to hear more from them 😂

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Boof Bonser posted:

I like the part at the end where she says "you don't have to have actually had something bad happen to you in order to be part of the #MeToo" movement.

Uh, I thought the whole point was that you did have to actually be the victim of harassment?

This is really how things are progressing.

We need a full on global war or something, hundreds of millions dead, for maybe a hundred years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The penis is evil. Stop the war on drugs and start the war on dicks. Get your 🔪 out

• Locked thread