Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Jinnigan posted:

the 6l is part of the unique, apparently
But is the 6s? And what about uses both hands?

This only matters if you can get a higher ilvl from the cards though.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

pork never goes bad posted:

I think the poster confused it with the enemy burn.

Yeah, whoops, my mistake.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hamburger Test posted:

Everything unusual about them is unique properties. They're otherwise just a rusted sword that takes up more inventory space.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Hamburger Test posted:

You can get a higher ilvl from the cards, if you get a non-unique version it only uses one hand and can only have 3 sockets.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
This worth anything? I see some for 5c and up but none of them have the bleed..

code:
Rarity: Rare
Plague Flame
Crimson Jewel
--------
Item Level: 75
--------
14% increased Physical Damage
+14% to Fire Resistance
14% increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
Attacks have 3% chance to cause Bleeding
14% increased Bleeding Duration
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kosh Naranek posted:

code:
Plague Flame
Crimson Jewel
--------
--------
+14% to Fire Resistance
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.

nope

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Kosh Naranek posted:

code:
Plague Flame
Crimson Jewel
--------
--------
+14% to Fire Resistance
--------

Non-unique jewels without life or energy shield are worthless as a general rule, there's some exceptions but they have to have basically perfect stats otherwise.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is there an easy way to get the trials for Uber Lab while mapping or am I at the mercy of the RNGesus

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
amazing what giving 6 grand+ to ggg can get you(the sword you are all talking about)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

just sitting in general 820 and grabbing them when people comment. otherwise rng

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Is the sword still good without proccing "her embrace", if so just use ele focus and don't ignite? Or did I miss something

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Stangg posted:

Is the sword still good without proccing "her embrace", if so just use ele focus and don't ignite? Or did I miss something

"123% of physical damage gained as extra fire damage" means without the embrace you're losing out on over half your DPS for p. much any build that would use it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Holyshoot posted:

amazing what giving 6 grand+ to ggg can get you(the sword you are all talking about)

I thought that guy had given much more. Wasn't he one of the Rulers of Wraeclast ($12k supporter pack)?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

MMF Freeway posted:

I thought that guy had given much more. Wasn't he one of the Rulers of Wraeclast ($12k supporter pack)?

apparently hes GGG's #1 backer and everyone hates him on reddit for being a giant manchild. I never would have suspected.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lechtansi posted:

apparently hes GGG's #1 backer and everyone hates him on reddit for being a giant manchild. I never would have suspected.

sight unseen i opt to like him then because reddit is an even bigger festering pile of useless feces than i am irl

you do you weeb sword guy, you do you, and thanks for supporting my escapist fantasy game du jour

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 21, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Speaking of worthless jewels, I have a 3% Cast Speed/15% Minion Damage cobalt that I really want to promote to a rare.

Other than simply slapping a regal on it and praying, is there any way I can improve my odds for getting +life/str?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

sight unseen i opt to like him then because reddit is an even bigger festering pile of useless feces than i am irl

you do you weeb sword guy, you do you, and thanks for supporting my escapist fantasy game du jour

i mean he throws around the fact he gave so much money whenever someone questions him about his bad opinions. So reddits right this time.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that's okay then, i'm never right about anything anyways

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Stangg posted:

It's a 340 pdps 2 hander if you do that. Most of the starter uniques there are over 400 and good ones are 600+

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Speaking of worthless jewels, I have a 3% Cast Speed/15% Minion Damage cobalt that I really want to promote to a rare.

Other than simply slapping a regal on it and praying, is there any way I can improve my odds for getting +life/str?

Pretty much just RNG and then starting over if it fails, probably best to start off with the life roll first beforehand, it seems rarer.

Alternately, corrupt all of the jewels all of the time and let the RNG roll for corrupted 4 affix rares, actually made a lot of first week chaos this league by corrupting jewels, selling the fragility for 20-30c and making some good 4 mods.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

i mean he throws around the fact he gave so much money whenever someone questions him about his bad opinions. So reddits right this time.

They're both wrong. But reddit is more wrong.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If the guy upsets reddophiles then he is doing god's work, no?

If I were a sick person who spent thousands of dollars on a free video game I would at least want to be able to lord it over people too I guess.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gonna drop this here.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Gimme

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gonna drop this here.

:eyepop:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

are you telling me the maximum/perfect life roll on items is 99 and not 100????? :argh:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gonna drop this here.

I'm in act 5 of my first playthrough and even I know this is good

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm in act 5 of my first playthrough and even I know this is good

It's not just good it's near perfect god tier stuff that is worthy of a mirror.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

pixaal posted:

It's not just good it's near perfect god tier stuff that is worthy of a mirror.

it is perfect, and its up for mirror on standard

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

it is perfect, and its up for mirror on standard

Items (like that one) priced @ a mirror aren't actually for sale for a mirror, it means they run a service for it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The March Hare posted:

Items (like that one) priced @ a mirror aren't actually for sale for a mirror, it means they run a service for it.

??? Yes I know, that's why I said "up for mirror"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gonna drop this here.

items like this make me realize what an absolute shithole of imbalance standard must be

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

items like this make me realize what an absolute shithole of imbalance standard must be

have you seen shaper items

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Have any of you spergs farmed up that sword yet and how long did it take?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ofRUuujBQ

this guy DEFINITELY wants to gently caress the sword

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

have you seen shaper items

i dont immediately understand "that is absurd" with those like i do a 50% edwa 99 life belt with a socket :v:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ofRUuujBQ

this guy DEFINITELY wants to gently caress the sword

buddy, they won't even let ME gently caress it

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Ixjuvin posted:

buddy, they won't even let ME gently caress it

drat IT I WAS TOO SLOW

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

??? Yes I know, that's why I said "up for mirror"

It was a useful clarification for plenty of people reading (like me, and pretty much anyone who's not familiar with that level of PoE wealth) who implicitly added the "a" to your post when reading quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
The amount of people creating characters to grind twilight strand for 10 hours to hit level 7 and kill hillock is insane. Meanwhile the sword guy is in global 1 chat getting off to all the questions and comments.

He did not appreciate me calling a whole series of ladies trapped in swords creepy and probably some kind of fetish