Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The OS does some automatic formatting, I hit the same key for the lower and upper quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Incessant Excess posted:

I have a bit of a problem with Radarr and "upgrading" a movie title in my library. I had a movie that I downloaded through Radarr, after it was done it looked like this:

Movie Folder
-Movie Title (Release Year)
--Movie Title 1080p.mkv

I decided I wanted to change it to the 4k version. First, I changed the movies profile in Radarr to Ultra HD, this did nothing, then I hit "update movie info and scan disk", thinking this would lead radarr to realize that the version of the movie on the disk is lower quality than what is set in the profile and trigger it to search for the 4k version, instead it also did nothing. I then hit search for movie which caused it to search and find the 4k version, sending it sabnzbd. After the download was finished my Movie Folder looked like this:

Movie Folder
-Movie Title (Release Year)
--Movie Title 1080p.mkv
-Movie.Title.2160p-ReleaseGroup
--gibberishfilename.mkv

Radarr did not realize that the desired version of the movie had been downloaded and the entry in it's movie library remained unchanged until i fixed it manually.

Obviously this process involved a ton more managing on my part than I wanted to but I'm not quite sure what I did wrong. It seems like it be way easier to just delete a movie entirely and re-add it with a different quality profile but this too seems somewhat counterintuitive.

Incessant Excess posted:

I’ve recently set up Sonarr as well as Sabnzbd to run as Docker containers on my Synology DS918+. Sonarr is connected to Sabnzbd via the API and can „send“ downloads successfully. The folder where my TV Shows are looks like this:

TV
-Show Name 1
--Season 1
---Show Name 1 S01E01.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E02.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E03.mkv
-Show Name 2
etc.

I recently added a new show to Sonarr and hit „add and search for episodes“, it found everything missing and sent the downloads to Sabnzbd. Unfortunately, once everything got done downloading it looked like this:

TV
-Show Name 1
--Season 1
---Show Name 1 S01E01.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E02.mkv
---Show Name 1 S01E03.mkv
-NZB File Name
--gibberish filename.mkv
-NZB File Name
--NZB File Name.mkv
-Show Name 2
etc.

for every episode.

I have renaming turned on in Sonarr but it looks to me like nothing happens to my completed downloads. Can anyone tell me what might be the issue here?

When you're setting up Docker containers, make sure you use the same Volume settings for Sabnzbd and Sonarr/Radarr, otherwise you might run into issues just like these. Really glad I finally managed to fix that mess.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

Yes, I feel the same as you about Charter.

What prompted me to call them was I found a link to this page and after putting in my address it showed 300/20 available and it showed the price as $90.

The lady I talked to didn't really seem to know much about it...she had to put me on hold and talk to a supervisor...but she got back on and said "we're adding that to your line now please continue to hold".

5 minutes later I was done and had faster speeds.

They did want to send out a tech to install a new modem and wouldn't let me order it without that. I'm sure they wanted to get me on their whole Charter-managed modem/router/wifi device, but gently caress that.

After I got the upgraded speeds I got on their online chat and cancelled the install appointment.

Thanks a lot for that link! I went from 30/1 to 100/10 for the same price. Took all of 5 min. If anyone else had Time Warner before they got bought out and haven't looked into what spectrum offers you should.

I already have my own modem and they didn't bring up sending a tech out or anything. It was surprisingly painless.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Are there any recommendations for paid Indexers? I'm hoping to find something that offers API access, 4k content, won't steal my credit card number and will still be active two weeks from now.

Currently using NZBS.org and NZB.cat

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there something like nzbhydra but for providers? I don’t download enough stuff to justify subscriptions so I just have a few block accounts. Getting tired of nzbget just deciding to hang and do nothing (and me not noticing for days) when a block account runs out or whatever.

Speaking of nzbhydra is it something worth using?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Boris Galerkin posted:

It's a nice tool to have if you have access to a lot of indexers that you would have to check individually otherwise.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

It's a nice tool to have if you have access to a lot of indexers that you would have to check individually otherwise.

I use NZBHydra so i can point both Radarr and Sonarr at it, then I dont have to duplicate the indexer settings in both programs.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there something like nzbhydra but for providers? I don’t download enough stuff to justify subscriptions so I just have a few block accounts. Getting tired of nzbget just deciding to hang and do nothing (and me not noticing for days) when a block account runs out or whatever.

When I started reading this I was going to say NZBGet... Do you have the tiers set up? I’ve never had a problem with it not falling back to a different block account for whatever reason. Though I do have one subscription and then 4-5 blocks that last for years so it may be a bit different.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Am I in for a world of hurt with Headphones or what?

I need to cut back on spending and getting rid of apple music and just using Plex would be a good way of doing that.

E: answered my own question, this blows. I'll find elsewhere to cut the budget and keep Apple Music. Plex is horrid for streaming your music on the go.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 18, 2018

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

I use Synology AudioStation for music on the go, it's great, and Sonos for home. Without Synology I'd probably give Subsonic a go. Music is terrible for naming conventions and tagging, so just do that manually to get the library consistent.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

Are there any recommendations for paid Indexers? I'm hoping to find something that offers API access, 4k content, won't steal my credit card number and will still be active two weeks from now.

Currently using NZBS.org and NZB.cat

I’ve paid for NZBcat and Drunken Slug. I used to have a paid NZBGeek account too but no longer.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Decairn posted:

I use Synology AudioStation for music on the go, it's great, and Sonos for home. Without Synology I'd probably give Subsonic a go. Music is terrible for naming conventions and tagging, so just do that manually to get the library consistent.

Beets is a really good tool to mass tag/rename + get album art.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Hughlander posted:

When I started reading this I was going to say NZBGet... Do you have the tiers set up? I’ve never had a problem with it not falling back to a different block account for whatever reason. Though I do have one subscription and then 4-5 blocks that last for years so it may be a bit different.

I’m using tiers I think but maybe I’m doing it wrong. I just had to go in and manually disable a block account earlier this week, that was on its own tier. I’m not 100% sure anymore but I think that this particular download hung partially through the download because that block ran out and it didn’t/couldn’t switch over to a different tier/block account to resume. I had to cancel the download and delete the records of it and then redownloading was fine.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I'm going to be setting up a new server for my home. Currently, I'm using SABnzbd, as well as Sonarr and Radarr, is there any reason to move over to NZBGet? Additionally, why hasn't someone come out with a Sonarr like for music.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

calandryll posted:

I'm going to be setting up a new server for my home. Currently, I'm using SABnzbd, as well as Sonarr and Radarr, is there any reason to move over to NZBGet? Additionally, why hasn't someone come out with a Sonarr like for music.

Depends on the power of your server, NZBGet uses less resources, otherwise there's no key difference that would make me choose one over the other. Someone's started a project for music with the completely unoriginal name of Lidarr (https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr) that is in early stages which I haven't tried yet.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I don't see how a music downloader that works the same as radarr/sonarr/sickbeard could ever be as reliable as they are. The naming just doesn't seem consistent and organized as tvs and movies.

The only way I can see it working in some decent capacity is if it could download parts of songs and use audio fingerprinting like Google or Shazam does to ID a song.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Decairn posted:

Depends on the power of your server, NZBGet uses less resources, otherwise there's no key difference that would make me choose one over the other. Someone's started a project for music with the completely unoriginal name of Lidarr (https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr) that is in early stages which I haven't tried yet.

Good to know. The new server is going to be plenty powerful enough, Dell R710 with 128GB of RAM.

Thermopyle posted:

I don't see how a music downloader that works the same as radarr/sonarr/sickbeard could ever be as reliable as they are. The naming just doesn't seem consistent and organized as tvs and movies.

The only way I can see it working in some decent capacity is if it could download parts of songs and use audio fingerprinting like Google or Shazam does to ID a song.

That's good point that I didn't think about. I tried headphones and I just didn't like the interface.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Well nextgennews is gone. What’s the next best backup provider?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Am I in for a world of hurt with Headphones or what?

I need to cut back on spending and getting rid of apple music and just using Plex would be a good way of doing that.

E: answered my own question, this blows. I'll find elsewhere to cut the budget and keep Apple Music. Plex is horrid for streaming your music on the go.

Check out Lidarr. Heavily in development but I’ve been running it in a docker for a month or so now.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got a Plex home server running sabnzbd, sonarr, radar, etc? Which OS did you use for it?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got a Plex home server running sabnzbd, sonarr, radar, etc? Which OS did you use for it?

Yes for me. I used FreeNAS (based on FreeBSD) and built separate jails (basically, cordoned-off portions of FreeBSD) for each of my services. The only exception to that is I think I have PlexPy and Plex running in the same jail, which I did for no other reason than laziness.

I do not recommend this if you don’t want to tinker. On the other hand, if you had plans to setup a NAS anyway for all the Linux ISOs you plan to download, FreeNAS lets you do that plus all your software all in one go.

By the way, so does UnRAID, for a fee. Also most of the Synology (and similar) boxes will let you build a NAS and setup things like Plex, for a fee.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

bobfather posted:

Also most of the Synology (and similar) boxes will let you build a NAS and setup things like Plex, for a fee.

I'm looking at this now cause the Synology boxes seems much cheaper than building your own. How difficult is it to setup sabnzbd, sonarr and the like on one of these? I'm considering the Synology NAS DS218 now.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Dongattack posted:

I'm using Linux Mint for Sabnzb and sickbeard.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Dongattack posted:

I'm looking at this now cause the Synology boxes seems much cheaper than building your own. How difficult is it to setup sabnzbd, sonarr and the like on one of these? I'm considering the Synology NAS DS218 now.

I have all this stuff running in a Docker on my Synology DS916+. There are docker images for all the standard programs, i have: Radarr, Sonarr, NZBGet, Transmission, NZBHydra, Jackett all running in separate dockers.

Was relatively easy to setup if you read up and understand how the directory mapping stuff works in Docker.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Slash posted:

I have all this stuff running in a Docker on my Synology DS916+. There are docker images for all the standard programs, i have: Radarr, Sonarr, NZBGet, Transmission, NZBHydra, Jackett all running in separate dockers.

Was relatively easy to setup if you read up and understand how the directory mapping stuff works in Docker.

My expectations setting up a DS918+ went exactly the same way, I'd recommend it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Cool cool, thank you!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
My Plex server is an HP Compaq 8300 Elite with a 3rd generation i5 and 4GB of RAM I picked up for $50 at a university surplus shop. It didn't come with a hard drive so I bought a 6TB drive.

It's running Elementary OS (a Debian Linux variant) and I've got sonarr, radarr, nzbget, headphones, and Transmission-daemon running on there and it also houses my music and runs Google music manager, as well as hosting a few websites with Apache, MySQL, and node.js/Express.

It's really solid and the price was right.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I'm using unRAID with dockers for Plex, Ombi, nzbget, radarr, sonarr, pi-hole, nzbhydra and a bunch of other stuff I forget. I won't bother listing the hardware specs, I went nuts with it because I only build one every 5-7 years and it doubles as my gaming machine (GPU passthru) and VM box now.

I shucked a bunch of those 8TB EasyStores on the last Bestbuy sale for storage, crazy deal on those things.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dongattack posted:

Running Plex + Sab + Sonarr on Arch Linux + ZFS. (8x10TB) + (8x4TB) Mirrored Zpools. Been running this setup (minus the mad amount of HDDs) for about 8 years now. It's been rock solid and ZFS has made it through complete rebuilds of the system :).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dongattack posted:

Unraid with all of that in dockers.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Dongattack posted:

I have Emby with all that stuff (plex alternative) and I run it on windows server, but I also run tons of other stuff on it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I find none of this stuff is particularly resource intensive, I have it all on the 2012 Mac Mini that’s also my primary machine and I barely notice.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Yeah, the only things that can potentially require a lot of resources is transcoded streaming via plex or emby and if you're running a newznab indexer.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dongattack posted:

OpenMediaVault using dockers for everything.

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe

Dongattack posted:

Probably a little on the hardcore side, but my infrastructure is an ESXi server and a FreeNAS server with a 10GbE link between them.

Media gets stored on FreeNAS, and I have Plex VM on ESXi (running under Ubuntu 17.10) that also runs PlexPy, and a separate VM that runs NZBget, NZBHydra2, Sonarr, and Radarr. I just mount the FreeNAS storage to the VMs using CIFS mounts in Linux. Calibre gets its own little VM for e-book management.

Everything is behind one NGINX reverse proxy VM with Let's Encrypt SSL termination, using htpasswd auth and cookies to prevent looky-loos and web scans (I don't use internal auth stuff for Sonarr/Radarr/NZBget/etc). Really, it took me quite awhile to get "just right", but now I really don't have to think about it, everything just works. Best thing I did was adding service tests to auto-restart stuff like Sonarr and NZBHydra if they were "running" but failed in some way.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Running Plex, NZBGet, Sonarr, Radarr, and a MariaDB instance for Kodi on Ubuntu LTS here. I tried using Docker but found it to be a real pain in the rear end and have mostly switched back to just standard operation using official packages where available (my Sonarr and NZBGet instances are still in there because they work and :effort:).

It's an old AMD A10 CPU and still basically does nothing unless it's trying to repair a bad download or transcode for streaming to mobile.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Okay, i'm extremely lost here with my Synology NAS DS218+ that arrived today and getting SABnzbd and Sonarr to work correctly.

I followed these two guides:
https://drfrankenstein.co.uk/2016/03/26/setting-up-sabnzbd-in-docker-on-a-synology-nas/
https://drfrankenstein.co.uk/2016/03/29/setting-up-sonarr-in-docker-on-a-synology-nas/

And Sonarr sends a download request to SABnzbd, it downloads fine, but the file saves to the /config/Downloads/complete path instead of the volumes i told it to save to in the setup. And sonarr then get's confused and can't find the file to unpack it or something like that.

I don't quite know what else to say since i'm new to this and my brain is really tired of looking at this. It's just a whole new system to learn it feels like with this NAS thing, like a different OS. I can't even figure out how to delete folders :lol:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Did you create a tv category in sabnzbd and set the same category in sonarr? I assume that's what you're having issues with

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Did you create a tv category in sabnzbd and set the same category in sonarr? I assume that's what you're having issues with

Hmm, noo, i don't think i did that. I'll go do that. I got it to download to the correct folders at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Okay yep, finally got SABnzbd and Sonarr working correctly, thank you! Everything is a bit different under this system, but i think i got the hang of it now.