Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

MrTargetPractice posted:

Secretly I think they should get rid of trading forcthe most part and just make drops better (and or just get rid of resists). Tri-resist gear is rare enough that I only get 2 or 3 of them a league. If they just made yellows worth picking up trading wouldn't be as important as it is.

Let's see how worked up people get over that opinion.

diablo 3 is already does this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bugamol posted:

I don't normally ask for price checks, but is this a great abyss jewel or am I crazy?

EDIT: Softcore

it's very good. gc miner is a very popular build and with the shaped "gain x% of physical damage as fire/cold/lightning" mods on weapons, dual-wielding is the obvious choice for a gc miner this league

it's not literally perfect in that the crit multiplier mod is one of the worst suffixes for an abyss jewel, but it's good

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 18, 2018

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Speaking of poets, I just sold my one exalt, bought two pens, and leveled a Scion to 38...and holy poo poo volatile dead with gmp on stuff is hysterical.

I hear I should get a light poacher?

i got a +1 vd corpse explosion light poacher. You should buy it from me.. only 12ex!

Awesome! posted:

so you are more likely to be dual wielding with a phys spell now than you used to be...

like seriously who doesnt want more damage? making numbers go up is like the whole point of the game

you can only one shot a white mob so hard. At some point defense becomes more valuable unless you don't like leveling past 90.

Jazerus posted:

it's not literally perfect in that the crit multiplier mod is one of the worst suffixes for an abyss jewel, but it's good

uhh crit multi is amazing for wander jewels

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So what do you guys use your Orbs of Chance for? The neversinks lootfilter always highlights those base items that are can be chanced into expensive items but do people actually do that? I imagine picking up gold amulets is not big deal since its small but no one keeps grabbing the glorious plates for Kaom's Heart right?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

frajaq posted:

So what do you guys use your Orbs of Chance for?

Buying maps from Zana.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Holyshoot posted:

you can only one shot a white mob so hard. At some point defense becomes more valuable unless you don't like leveling past 90.

It's softcore; it already has life.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

frajaq posted:

So what do you guys use your Orbs of Chance for? The neversinks lootfilter always highlights those base items that are can be chanced into expensive items but do people actually do that? I imagine picking up gold amulets is not big deal since its small but no one keeps grabbing the glorious plates for Kaom's Heart right?

If you want to chance Astral Plates, you're probably just slamming them as you pick them up, then dropping non-uniques and bad rares

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

frajaq posted:

Skyforth is still pretty drat expensive, it’s probably better to shoot for that than Kaom’s. Bisco’s is the best thing to chance but I have more chance orbs than gold amulets.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i prefer to chance for things that i actually have a hope in hell of getting good results on, like onyx amulets

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hamburger Test posted:

It's softcore; it already has life.

he specifically said leveling past 90. dying above 90 is like losing hours and hours of experience

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Ciaphas and Vasudus, how are you guys getting leech on bv/lp critquisitor?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Magus42 posted:

Buying maps from Zana.

This plus white strongboxes I don't care about

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

he specifically said leveling past 90. dying above 90 is like losing hours and hours of experience
Personally, I've hit a wall at level 88. I've started to move into tier 9-10 maps, and while most of them are a breeze (and I reroll the most affixes), occasionally I'll just get popped, setting me back a good half hour or more.

I'm running a Volatile Dead build without Poet's Pens, which mostly survives through a lot of life leech. Since I often have to make my own corpses, that extra second or two before the orbs start leeching can be deadly -- especially on bosses or when an abyss spits out three nasty rares at once.

Here's where I'm at currently (it's the level 88 Berserker): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/WhiteHowler/characters

I think my flask setup is particularly bad, but I'm not sure what I should be using.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You need to set your account to be viewable.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

dyzzy posted:

You need to set your account to be viewable.
It should be now.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

WhiteHowler posted:

I think my flask setup is particularly bad, but I'm not sure what I should be using.

Ya you need a 20 quality divine life flask with instant recovery (seething). Probably swap out the other life flask for a basalt and really by this point they should all be fully quality'd for the extra duration.

e; Oh also your mana flask hurts you, re-roll that

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh
You can also try running a setup with:

Spell Totem
GMP
Unearth
Faster Casting

This helped me out a ton on bosses and abyss holes because it just poo poo corpses directly under them without having to stop and cast cremation.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Jinnigan posted:

Ciaphas and Vasudus, how are you guys getting leech on bv/lp critquisitor?

I'm going to guess the answer is the boot enchant.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Boot enchant, Berek's Grip, and .45% cold on a shaper rare neck. Can probably swap out the Berek's Grip at this point.

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh

George posted:

I'm going to guess the answer is the boot enchant.

You can also swap your flammability for warlord's mark if you cant afford decent boots with the leech enchant.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
1-1.5% damage leeched as life watcher's eyes start at only 2ex

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Mizar posted:

You can also swap your flammability for warlord's mark if you cant afford decent boots with the leech enchant.

It's way more cost effective to buy decent boots without the leech enchant and just run lab until you get it. Even if you can't farm uber lab the cruel enchant is easily sufficient for most people.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

Personally, I've hit a wall at level 88. I've started to move into tier 9-10 maps, and while most of them are a breeze (and I reroll the most affixes), occasionally I'll just get popped, setting me back a good half hour or more.

I'm running a Volatile Dead build without Poet's Pens, which mostly survives through a lot of life leech. Since I often have to make my own corpses, that extra second or two before the orbs start leeching can be deadly -- especially on bosses or when an abyss spits out three nasty rares at once.

Here's where I'm at currently (it's the level 88 Berserker): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/WhiteHowler/characters

I'm not sure how useful this is, but I'm running a similar build (cremate + VD) and here's my setup. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/eschatoned/characters

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Out of curiosity, how good/effective is Lightpoacher's effect? I see a lot of people talking about it but the wiki doesn't give any numbers.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elentor posted:

Out of curiosity, how good/effective is Lightpoacher's effect? I see a lot of people talking about it but the wiki doesn't give any numbers.

Imagine if you took vaal fireball but made it even more automatic, but also physical (which scales a lot better)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

That's against a boss, non-Shaper.

edit: it also doesn't have my Atziri flask up.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 18, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Elentor posted:

someone remind me later (if i can be arsed) to steamroll a t15 and record it to answer this

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vasudus posted:

do you support it in the helm directly with gems or is that passives and buffs only?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gems in the hat support the burst ???

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

euphronius posted:

Gems in the hat support the burst ???

yep

my sockets are GMP P2L and inc crit but there's a few other ways to go

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I like putting ice bite in it if you don't have another way to get frenzy charges

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

yep

my sockets are GMP P2L and inc crit but there's a few other ways to go

Well, I guess this is the last build I do this league then.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

So if I'm doing 4.7 attacks per second that would be 538k dps per projectile?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Elentor posted:

So if I'm doing 4.7 attacks per second that would be 538k dps per projectile?

Well its capped by the charge mechanic. So yes, but you'd only be able to sustain that against a single target for a second or two assuming you've got a bunch of charges already and you're not continuing to kill stuff. Its really good at killing abyss rares for instance since there's always stuff around them to keep the charges going.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
At what point would a 39 or 40% belly be better than a kaom's? I'm got a kaom's currently but the lack of links and resists is really narrowing my gearing ability without skyrocketing prices. It's not much but belly brings a bit of resists and means my hat doesn't have to run my main attack (I'm running a poet's pen build).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can import your build into POE and put on a Belly and a Kaoms

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I've never done much more in the endgame than a small dabbling in yellow maps, but I'd like to make a bigger push this league. I've run a couple of rare T6s, but they've been nail-biters and I've already had one death. My character is a cold-focused Blade Flurry Raider running HoI, Arctic Armour, rear end Mark, and ice golem, and I'm pretty much set on gems aside from the CWDT/IC combo which I'm planning to slot in later today. At this point I'm mostly trying to figure out what I can do to improve my gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheOneAndOnlyT/characters (character is HighChanceOfFlurries)

I was lucky enough to find a Poet's Pen this league for a good chunk of cash, but now I'm sitting on only 25c, and I'm not sure if there's anything good I can buy that outclasses what I already have. I know I definitely need more fire resist (only 73% at present) and could do with more life, but I'm not sure what slot would be the best place to get it. Any thoughts?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

euphronius posted:

You can import your build into POE and put on a Belly and a Kaoms

I tried poeplanner but it refuses to import for me.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

At what point would a 39 or 40% belly be better than a kaom's? I'm got a kaom's currently but the lack of links and resists is really narrowing my gearing ability without skyrocketing prices. It's not much but belly brings a bit of resists and means my hat doesn't have to run my main attack (I'm running a poet's pen build).

You're never going to get more life from a belly than Kaom's. My Poet's Pen character has 201% life from the passive tree and 416 flat life on gear, not counting Kaom's. In order for belly to give me more life, I'd need another 2338 flat life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The point where a belly becomes better than a kaom's is when you need those resists or (much more common) the sockets/links for your build to function.